FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Disabled people

Disabled people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi I am a double amputee, which has put a few people off, I was wondering how do I try to put people at ease

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi I am a double amputee, which has put a few people off, I was wondering how do I try to put people at ease"

Perhaps you could start with a more informative profile and some pictures? It is obviously going to be more difficult for you here than for others, but there are many here for whom personality is most important. But even if personality is most important, some pictures always assist.

By *ithardscotMan  over a year ago

Kelty

There is little you can do to overcome other people's prejudices, just remember that these are the problem, not you.

Be yourself.. Plain and simple.. You shouldn't feel the need to put people at ease.. . Mention it in your profile.. And the right people will want to meet x

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Hi I am a double amputee, which has put a few people off, I was wondering how do I try to put people at ease"

I,d meet you if I lived closer you could maybe give more detail about your disability are you in a wheelchair for instance.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

By saying you're a double amputee in your profile, by putting up a photo (or in private if you prefer), by writing more in general on your profile, by making a joke of it, by joining in one the forums and chat rooms, by going to socials....loads you can do

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thank you all, will put some pics in private gallery etc

"

Perhaps you could start with a more informative profile and some pictures? It is obviously going to be more difficult for you here than for others, but there are many here for whom personality is most important. But even if personality is most important, some pictures always assist."

Wow, condescending, much? The implication being that the op has to rely on personality, not physical attractiveness?

Fyi, I have a major disability and only meet people who find me physically appealing as well as mentally.

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

That's really sad.

You should be very clear on your profile what the man should expect. He will have to know at some point. I think it's better right from the onset.

I agree with another man, it's going to be harder, but I see no reason why you'd not get any interest.

Just be happy, be chatty, be open and see what happens.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"

Perhaps you could start with a more informative profile and some pictures? It is obviously going to be more difficult for you here than for others, but there are many here for whom personality is most important. But even if personality is most important, some pictures always assist.

Wow, condescending, much? The implication being that the op has to rely on personality, not physical attractiveness?

Fyi, I have a major disability and only meet people who find me physically appealing as well as mentally. "

Don't be so touchy; she did not say anything like that; she gave very good advice

Was at a club on NYE and there was a gorgeous young lady there who was disabled. I wouldn't have thought twice about getting to know her had the opportunity presented itself. Just be yourself and people will come along. None of us is perfect. x

Can I just say that perhaps you don't want to mention it on your profile. We swing with a couple where one of them is an amputee and they actually get a lot of mail from men who have it as a fetish! If that doesn't bother you then go ahead but I'm suprised if it's that hard to get a meet, it doesn't bother us.

I'd have private photos and mention it when your ready to. X

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Just be yourself; I think the more open you are about it, the more people will be accepting.

Those that aren't, are not worth your trouble anyway.

Not long ago I had the privilege to work with many of the multiple Army amputees; at the risk of sounding patronising , they were inspirational; and it did not take long to completely overlook and forget their various disabilities,

X

"Hi I am a double amputee, which has put a few people off, I was wondering how do I try to put people at ease

Just be yourself; I think the more open you are about it, the more people will be accepting.

Those that aren't, are not worth your trouble anyway.

Not long ago I had the privilege to work with many of the multiple Army amputees; at the risk of sounding patronising , they were inspirational; and it did not take long to completely overlook and forget their various disabilities,

X"

By *amantha8383TV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

I have no idea why having no legs would be an off put. I would sticky so classy pics on your profile and enjoy your self.

"

Fyi, I have a major disability and only meet people who find me physically appealing as well as mentally. "

Actually, I think it was you being condescending. There was no implication at all. I was offering my advice. I personally do not care if a person has disabilities or not. Profiles can often be improved, mine included. She asked and I suggested.

just let people be

By *tumpy guyMan  over a year ago

dewsbury

hi I am just the same shame you are so far away xx I find it a lot harder now getting meets but I do still get an odd one lol

Too far from me....but in the past I have met two disabled ladies from the site....one normally wheelchair bound....if not a problem for them...then it isn't for me either.

If I found you attractive I'd meet you ))

I can't even imagine how you must be affected by your situation... But that's my honest feeling. And attraction can't be bought or bottled. It's natural chemistry.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I have a colostomy.

I don't mention it in my profile because it does not define me. I often forget to mention it even before meeting, because it has been a part of me for so long, I don't think about it much.

It has put precisely nobody off so far.

By *abel-30Woman  over a year ago

middle of no-where

I'm classed as disabled. I don't have it in my profile as unless it's a all day meet that involves a lot of walking it's never an issue. I have had a meet see me out and about and ask why I use crutches, I would have thought it would have been obvious due to the huge scar but aparently not lol

Everyone's different different is good...if there is an attraction there should be no issues xx

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It may not be harder for you, just different. I like men but not all men want to have sex with or marry me. Some might think it's harder for me, but I don't accept that.

Our disabilities, personalities and looks are facets of us, so as long as we communicate that information, we help others to filter themselves out or in to our potential meet list.

I'd encourage you to experiment with varying your approach, to see what works for you. Increasing or decreasing the emphasis upon being differently abled to others.

Many men will want to know what you need sexually, so let that detail help limit or open up who expresses interest in you. I'd suggest you largely rely on others contacting you, where many will have self-selected. Be aware that some people don't read profiles that much though.

So focus on what you want and can do, letting people determine how much of a match to them you are.

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

"It may not be harder for you, just different. I like men but not all men want to have sex with or marry me. Some might think it's harder for me, but I don't accept that.

Our disabilities, personalities and looks are facets of us, so as long as we communicate that information, we help others to filter themselves out or in to our potential meet list.

I'd encourage you to experiment with varying your approach, to see what works for you. Increasing or decreasing the emphasis upon being differently abled to others.

Many men will want to know what you need sexually, so let that detail help limit or open up who expresses interest in you. I'd suggest you largely rely on others contacting you, where many will have self-selected. Be aware that some people don't read profiles that much though.

So focus on what you want and can do, letting people determine how much of a match to them you are. "

Best post on this thread...clear, honest and not condescending.

By *sontopMan  over a year ago

Billericay

I'd gladly meet you and I would happily drive all the way to see you.

If people are stupid enough to be prejudiced then it's there loss.

Have Fun.

John

» Add a new message to this topic