FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > What am I going wrong??

What am I going wrong??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *readlocks OP   Man  over a year ago

london

Ladies what do you look for in a message sent by a guy?

Having a hard time interacting with ladies on here, my messages are polite ect. But still finding it difficult, any suggestions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn't even worry about it bud.

I rarely send messages now as either the women is

a)swamped with messages and will never read it

b)so picky Brad Pitt wouldn't have a look in

c)actually a man

d)have a profile so long and with so many conditions war and peace looks a short read.

So I occasionally wink at a woman who I may like and see if they get back in touch. But if not just use the forums as a social chat and that.

cheers.

I'd take that thing off about the TV prostitute - it just doesn't do many things for people when they see you lose your temper like that

Oh and El Longo - I might have but you went and moved

"I wouldn't even worry about it bud.

I rarely send messages now as either the women is

a)swamped with messages and will never read it

b)so picky Brad Pitt wouldn't have a look in

c)actually a man

d)have a profile so long and with so many conditions war and peace looks a short read.

So I occasionally wink at a woman who I may like and see if they get back in touch. But if not just use the forums as a social chat and that.

cheers."

Thanks...that gave me my Sunday morning giggle!

Well your profile is ok, it's a nice photo, you seem nice enough (but yes loose the TV line, it looks a bit petty) but we can't really comment on your messages because we can't see them.

The thing is, everyone is different. If you sent us a message that was well written and nice, but didn't really have any discernible wants or direction (you know, basically saying you just want to meet for "sexy times") we'd say no because we prefer men who can be forthright and wilful. But that same message may work on someone else.

It's hard to say, really, but I hope you see what I mean. Just be nice and keep trying. But, unlike many of the men here, be a real man and not Mr Sensitive 1996.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

this is now my default answer for threads like these......

see there is a school of thought here that says... change this, change that, do this, do that.... but if you do all that then in effect it isn't you anymore...

all it then becomes is a representation of what you think will get you a meet.... but then it is not you!!! it it then becomes is a generic profile and you lose any individuality.... yours then doesn't stand out from anyone elses

just be you and be genuine.... it took a lot of people a long time to get there first meets.....

so if writing a 10 word profile is you, then that is you!

or if writing a profile like war and peace is you.... then that is you!!!

time, patience, common sense... and you figure it out for yourself.... the rest of have, just be the best YOU you can be

You've had 2 meets so be grateful, men are on her 12 months and still nothing.

Some sage advice from others but a couple off additions from me:

Don't think 'verified' means 100% reliable- it most certainly doesn't.

And, unfortunately as a single male you are (apparently, and by who's rules?) you are bottom of the food chain so 'respected' people think its ok to piss you about.

Just being honest here and speaking from experience.

However, the good meets are good and you will notice that things move a lot faster when talking to the 100% genuine folk.

Good luck.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

And I have to repeat my stock answer too!

I cannot understand why people give these guys instruction on what to put in a profile. The whole idea is to see what someone is like, not what the regular posters are like!

Perhaps we should just have three set profiles and just use them! One for single guys, one for single fems and one for couples.

Surely, these guys realise that they are selling themselves? Surely they know this is their shop window? WTF is the point of falsifying your profile with things that don't represent you?

i thought your profile was ok till i got to the last line

if i was looking thro profiles with the intention of meeting someone that line would put me right off contacting you

it just comes over as aggressive and the last thing you want to be doing as a single female is meet someone with an aggressive nature

just only my opinion of course

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"i thought your profile was ok till i got to the last line

if i was looking thro profiles with the intention of meeting someone that line would put me right off contacting you

it just comes over as aggressive and the last thing you want to be doing as a single female is meet someone with an aggressive nature

just only my opinion of course "

My thoughts exactly

We're with _abio.

Read the persons profile, and write what you think would stand out to them.

Its all personal, so just go with the flow.

By *readlocks OP   Man  over a year ago

london

Lol I agree was a bad day, lots of strange people getting in touch with me.

I'm a nice guy really!

» Add a new message to this topic