FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > are you about to make a profile advice thread? have a read

are you about to make a profile advice thread? have a read

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok so you're new or maybe just not having much luck and think the old profile could do with a spruce up, first ask yourself

What does your profile tell a prospective meet about you?

Now for an analogy to help get you in the right frame of mind.

Let's pretend you're a tin of beans and your profile is your wrapper, you're there on your shelf and you see a lady (or other appropriate partner)

She happenes across a can on the front it's got some good well taken photo's showing the delicious beans in thier best light, already her saliva glands are starting to kick in.

She turns it over and on the back theres a description that would put an m&s advert to shame, leaving her in no doubt as to the sumptuous nature of the beans within that tin, as she licks her lips in anticipation.

Beside the description theres some serving suggestions, ideas for ways to enjoy thise beans she'd never thought of. Maybe they're; pre-spiced to give her chilly that extra depth, or reduced sugar so they wont spoil that january diet, or maybe there's even just a touch of Worcester sauce for that perfect cheesy beans on toast.

Then next to this magnificent tin there's a plain white one with a small grainy picture on the front and "please ask a member of staf for details"on the back.

Which beans do you think are going in the basket?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm thinking Heinz 57 although I prefer spaghetti hoops.

By *sagent81Man  over a year ago

leeds

.....But is my profile ok tho?

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Could be an adventure in that simple can

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Could be an adventure in that simple can "

Trouble with crap beans is that there is always a small beans to sauce ratio.

Grantham

"Could be an adventure in that simple can

Trouble with crap beans is that there is always a small beans to sauce ratio."

Ahhh, I've never tried them.

Patience is the key lol

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Mines not bad.

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

good thread should have tge link pasted to any forum thread asking for advice.

This has really made me laugh thanks OP just off to redo my profile

Hey its not always that they are asking advice ,coming into forums is a way of conversing with lots of people ,they may not necessarily send you a personal message but you get noticed ,a lot of women come in here because it avoids having a proper conversation with someone that they've befriended or trolling through their daily messages ,if you notice well certainly I have ,popular women tend to send one word replies or smilies, in forums they only have to send one message that can be construed to be for several guys ,they can be chatted up by many ,complimented by many but under no pressure to answer a good place for newbies to be at least they feel part of something ,part of what who knows !!!

Grantham

"Hey its not always that they are asking advice ,coming into forums is a way of conversing with lots of people ,they may not necessarily send you a personal message but you get noticed ,a lot of women come in here because it avoids having a proper conversation with someone that they've befriended or trolling through their daily messages ,if you notice well certainly I have ,popular women tend to send one word replies or smilies, in forums they only have to send one message that can be construed to be for several guys ,they can be chatted up by many ,complimented by many but under no pressure to answer a good place for newbies to be at least they feel part of something ,part of what who knows !!! "

By *luffy_bunniesCouple  over a year ago

Ilkeston

I reckon the sort of people you're writing this for are exactly the people who wont search for this.

Need to do 1 for struggling to get a meet next

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"Ok so you're new or maybe just not having much luck and think the old profile could do with a spruce up, first ask yourself

Let's pretend you're a tin of beans and your profile is your wrapper, you're there on your shelf and you see a lady (or other appropriate partner)

She happenes across a can on the front it's got some good well taken photo's showing the delicious beans in thier best light, already her saliva glands are starting to kick in.

She turns it over and on the back theres a description that would put an m&s advert to shame, leaving her in no doubt as to the sumptuous nature of the beans within that tin, as she licks her lips in anticipation.

Beside the description theres some serving suggestions, ideas for ways to enjoy thise beans she'd never thought of. Maybe they're; pre-spiced to give her chilly that extra depth, or reduced sugar so they wont spoil that january diet, or maybe there's even just a touch of Worcester sauce for that perfect cheesy beans on toast.

Then next to this magnificent tin there's a plain white one with a small grainy picture on the front and "please ask a member of staf for details"on the back.

Which beans do you think are going in the basket?"

Do tins of beans stand a chance?

What about a tin of spagati and sausages would they get a look in...

you notice its only men who ask about profile improvements?

maybe they should ACTUALLY READ other profiles to get an angle on what they should be writing....

OR some kindly soul should write a post on how to write the perfect profile for any situation ( a bit like the Haynes manuals in list form) and have it pinned permanently on here to save a lot of hassle?

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

See, I may be a cynic but every now and then I think when I see a thread asking what's wrong with someone's profile and there isn't anything wrong with it per se that what the OP may really be after is for someone to tell them exactly that; "oh, there's nothing wrong with your profile, I would meet you". And what seems to be a profile advice thread is actually a can't get a meet thread in disguise. Especially if it works.

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"See, I may be a cynic but every now and then I think when I see a thread asking what's wrong with someone's profile and there isn't anything wrong with it per se that what the OP may really be after is for someone to tell them exactly that; "oh, there's nothing wrong with your profile, I would meet you". And what seems to be a profile advice thread is actually a can't get a meet thread in disguise. Especially if it works."

How terribly meta of you!

"See, I may be a cynic but every now and then I think when I see a thread asking what's wrong with someone's profile and there isn't anything wrong with it per se that what the OP may really be after is for someone to tell them exactly that; "oh, there's nothing wrong with your profile, I would meet you". And what seems to be a profile advice thread is actually a can't get a meet thread in disguise. Especially if it works."

Ive done that when i was new

It worked though

Awe now see I'm fussy about my beans, I don't like the sauce and I don't like soggy toast, I like branston baked beans cos they're big!

I must be as cynical as you

I think the same when I see posts by some women about how self conscious they are about their mummy tummies and you look at the pics and you think seriously? Total look at me and tell me I'm fab thread

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

"Ok so you're new or maybe just not having much luck and think the old profile could do with a spruce up, first ask yourself

Which beans do you think are going in the basket?"

Im the own brand beans. IMHO and, yes, I'm biased, Grey is Heinz beans

exactly what I was saying their created thread is an advert its kind of wasted on forumites because " they've been there done that " they are just trying to intigrate with established people ,guys and women who fuck ,some more than others and most definitely more than the OP we form his aspirations

"most definitely more than the OP we form his aspirations *"

Eh?

"most definitely more than the OP we form his aspirations *

Eh?"

and another one another one bites the dust

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

Looks as if the OP has vanished..

He's a bit of a has-bean...

"Awe now see I'm fussy about my beans, I don't like the sauce and I don't like soggy toast, I like branston baked beans cos they're big!"

This. - literally not figuratively. Haha

By *igsawsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Awe now see I'm fussy about my beans, I don't like the sauce and I don't like soggy toast, I like branston baked beans cos they're big!

This. - literally not figuratively. Haha"

No no no no, the branston ones are terrible!! They should stick to making yummy pickle for my cheese sandwiches

Mr J

I love how the advice is from someone who is now UNLOS!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I love how the advice is from someone who is now UNLOS! "

Although to his credit, when he was on here, his profile was good and he had meets and veris etc.

"you notice its only men who ask about profile improvements?

maybe they should ACTUALLY READ other profiles to get an angle on what they should be writing....

OR some kindly soul should write a post on how to write the perfect profile for any situation ( a bit like the Haynes manuals in list form) and have it pinned permanently on here to save a lot of hassle? "

Wouldn't that result in loads of 'samey' profiles? Loads of folk following the same advice?

Better leave folk to their own devices and see what they come up with themselves. It would reflect the owners more accurately I think.

"I love how the advice is from someone who is now UNLOS!

Although to his credit, when he was on here, his profile was good and he had meets and veris etc. "

Yep, he met me and can't really go much higher than that!

Although to his credit, when he was on here, his profile was good and he had meets and veris etc.

Yep, he met me and can't really go much higher than that! "

hey does your head ever get stuck in the door frame

Yep, he met me and can't really go much higher than that! hey does your head ever get stuck in the door frame "

I'm only joking mun.

"I love how the advice is from someone who is now UNLOS! "
It was thx who did the thread.

Would it help if the beans had those little pork sausages in?

Well tasty.

Some people think.it's better value to get four tins of the 'no frills' beans for the price of one tin of the brand name ones!

Remember No Frills!??

» Add a new message to this topic