FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Success rate for single men over 60?

Success rate for single men over 60?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been on here for only 7 days so am not surprised to have had no meets yet. I have sent 6 messages - 3 not yet read and 3 read but not replied. The majority of couples and women in Cornwall specify no single men or anyone over 60 so I am , quite rightly barred from messaging them.

I would be interested to hear the experience of other single men over 60.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

You have already realised that there are a lot of younger fitter guys on the site. But not every lady will be looking for young fit fellas.

When you have messages ladies, have you read their profiles to check you fit who they are looking for?

Make sure your message to them is polite and friendly and explains why you are contacting them as an individual. It's good to hear you have not contacted 75 ladies !!!!

Your profile is how ladies find out about you. Perhaps you could add some other photos. You have the same photos twice. I am not sure that the rear view including your arse and balls is particularly inviting.

Understand that there are way more men on here, compared to ladies. Be patient. Enjoy contributing to the forums, maybe attend an organised social meet in your Area. Have fun.

By *hoenixmanMan  over a year ago

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous...!

"Be patient. Enjoy contributing to the forums, maybe attend an organised social meet in your Area. Have fun. "

Excellent advice. For us 'more mature guys', we need to overcome the limits of the internet and meet people in a real environment, whether we get to play or not.

I have met people who are: 42 going on 70, and 72 (the age of the, currently, oldest lady I have had the pleasure of) going on 45....

Everyone is different. Find the way around the blanket age restrictions and let your personality shine through my friend....

Thank you. Very good advice. I shall delete the offending pic!

Thank you. I realise I have to be patient. It's difficult to get your personality across by the written word. I have rewritten my profile three times this week!

By *piritsonfabCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

I personally have played with two guys in their 70s, although it was in a kink context rather than swinging.

Older guys have a lot to offer.;)

"Thank you. I realise I have to be patient. It's difficult to get your personality across by the written word. I have rewritten my profile three times this week!"

Seriously, you can rewrite your profile as many times as you like, but facts are facts. One of the biggest hurdles to us mature guys succeeding on here is the age-related message filters.

Keep looking in meets and events and try going to a few socials. I did last time I was on here as a single guy and will be doing again soon.

People respond to each other quite differently in person than they do on here, in my humble experience...

By *piritsonfabCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

I'd also not start your profile with a negative statement. ....

"Older guys have a lot to offer.;)"

You've just made an old man happy....!

(nice pics too btw.... )

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

Don't lose hope.

I'm over 60 and am sill doing well on the site but you do need to be patient, polite, and attentive to the profiles that you must read thoroughly before sending a message which should clearly allude to something in them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Patience is the key

Thanks. I'll change the negative statement as you advise.

Very encouraging and good advice.

"Very encouraging and good advice."
Have PM'd you..

You might find this of interest..

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/meets/465605

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Enjoy the forums too OP

Thanks. I am beginning to realise the importance of the forums and the good advice available.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

I am not ( quite)60 yet; but fall into the ( ahem) " mature gent" category....

There is a definate " market " for us !

It will happen! As long as you don't expect " wall to wall shagging" like some of the younger guys; but engage, you will find what you want!

Play the " Silver Fox" card!

Thanks. Very encouraging.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

There's one man in particular who is in his mid sixties and very successful, more so than many younger men. I expect he'll be along shortly.

Thinking of going older soon.

Kim x

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"There's one man in particular who is in his mid sixties and very successful, more so than many younger men. I expect he'll be along shortly. "

Who you calling shorty.

Stick at it O.P. there's light at the end of the tunnel.

P.S. Use the quote option when replying, then we can see who you are replying to.

Menston near Ilkley

"There's one man in particular who is in his mid sixties and very successful, more so than many younger men. I expect he'll be along shortly. "

Who you calling shorty.

P.S. Use the quote option when replying, then we can see who you are replying to.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"There's one man in particular who is in his mid sixties and very successful, more so than many younger men. I expect he'll be along shortly.

Who you calling shorty.

P.S. Use the quote option when replying, then we can see who you are replying to. "

I knew you'd turn up .

By the way you're starting to repeat yourself .

Menston near Ilkley

"There's one man in particular who is in his mid sixties and very successful, more so than many younger men. I expect he'll be along shortly.

Who you calling shorty.

I knew you'd turn up .

By the way you're starting to repeat yourself ."

It's my age you know.

"I am not ( quite)60 yet; but fall into the ( ahem) " mature gent" category....

There is a definate " market " for us !

It will happen! As long as you don't expect " wall to wall shagging" like some of the younger guys; but engage, you will find what you want!

Play the " Silver Fox" card!"

This is spot on.

Like others suggested , organised socials will help too. Age is often irrelevant to people , if there is chemistry, and that can come across when you meet others face to face.

Thanks to everyone for your advice and comments.

"Thank you. I realise I have to be patient. It's difficult to get your personality across by the written word. I have rewritten my profile three times this week!

Seriously, you can rewrite your profile as many times as you like, but facts are facts. One of the biggest hurdles to us mature guys succeeding on here is the age-related message filters.

Keep looking in meets and events and try going to a few socials. I did last time I was on here as a single guy and will be doing again soon.

People respond to each other quite differently in person than they do on here, in my humble experience..."

This is quite right.

I have a play partner who is, I think 65. But I have my age filters on here set lower, I think. It's unlikely I'd meet a much older guy from a site like this, but if I met someone in person and got on well then I'd happily play with them.

So I guess the answer is - get out and about to swinging clubs.

Thanks. Many people have said this so I must obviously get out there not just rely on messaging on here.

By *ingAlMan  over a year ago

hereford

I've not had a single meet on this site, had good fun in clubs though

dover

"I've not had a single meet on this site, had good fun in clubs though"

Keep at it.

Your positive attitude will prevail!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Make sure your profile and photos are top notch, make sure you send personalised messages that might fit the persons criteria, eg. Mentioning something in their profile, don't give up as it can take a long time, don't get down if you don't get replies as you can spend hours reading others profiles and looking at photos, join in on the forums especially the lounge, and look in the meets section and look out for a social near you. If you hotlist those who are local then their updates will appear on your list and you'll get an idea of what is going on.

"Make sure your profile and photos are top notch, make sure you send personalised messages that might fit the persons criteria, eg. Mentioning something in their profile, don't give up as it can take a long time, don't get down if you don't get replies as you can spend hours reading others profiles and looking at photos, join in on the forums especially the lounge, and look in the meets section and look out for a social near you. If you hotlist those who are local then their updates will appear on your list and you'll get an idea of what is going on. "
Thanks for theses very useful tips.

By *estmidscoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

we meet older guys find they have a lot to offer, and K loves them

dover

I've been truly surprised and delighted how many younger women prefer older guys.

"we meet older guys find they have a lot to offer, and K loves them"

I need to age fast then

My best advice is to delete your profile and join a decent dating website.

dover

"My best advice is to delete your profile and join a decent dating website."

I think you've accidentally posted to the wrong thread.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"My best advice is to delete your profile and join a decent dating website."

Really?

The very best sex i ever had was from guys in their 60s. Skill, patience, respect and stamina, wow! So stick with it! Xxx

Like your profile other than the first part (people tooting their own horns! For shame!)

Clubs/socials would be the best place to start. We use fab as extra tool in our belt rather than the whole toolbox.

Hang about the forums and post, get some exposure and get known, maybe head into fab chat (Id advise avoiding the directing rooms for chatting to people as they are full of wankers... Literally)

You seem sweet so get yourself out there!

X

"My best advice is to delete your profile and join a decent dating website.

Really? "

Hmmm... a 35 yr old feeling threatened by a 67 yr old.... now there's a first...

Rule 1: the ratio of women & couples to men...is about 1:10-50 depending on the site.

So the odds are against you. Therefore let us examine solutions

1.Profile! make it good – but not quite like mine – I have a lot of spare time on my hands and registered via cat proxy as a stone bonker.

2.Pictures you want something mean and moody and avoid close up junk shots no exceptions – less you have 14 inches.

3.You sent 10 mails – number of users 10 they may swing never or once a year or so. And there inbox will be full of mail and the classic like hw r u b8 lts fk and there decoders take their time working out whatever that hell that means – most likely their inboxes have 1000s of mails. Therefore make your mail a good one. A good mail takes time personally I cant remember the last time I ever sent a good mail - so there exits the possibility you become bogged down in the futility - so you need to stay the long course.

I'm now 62. I can honestly say that I have had little success in arranging meets on this site, but a fair amount of success in clubs. Meeting real people in a club breaks the ice and has far more chance of success than constant messaging.

Menston near Ilkley

Who?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Who? "

no idea!

» Add a new message to this topic