FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Surly it should be this hard? part 2

Surly it should be this hard? part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wow, this is so disappointing.

Last night I posted an account of the worse week we've had on FAB.

I was very careful not to mention any users by name and the post was a truthful reflection of my experience over the last week.

When I last checked my post lunchtime there was over 50 replied.

Now the whole post has seemingly been deleted.

Poor, poor show by whichever moderator did that. Users should be able to reflect on both good and bad experiences.

Guess we'll probably get banned now so that we will be one less genuine couple on here.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unwithus2.Couple  over a year ago

south kent

that is such a shame but dont give up

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People make the assumption that an open forum means they can say anything they want. On here,negativity isn't encouraged when it messes with the ethos of the site. It's a forum for discussion and not a place where whinging about people is acceptable. We all have a moan now and then,and I didn't see your thread,but sometimes enough is enough.

"People make the assumption that an open forum means they can say anything they want. On here,negativity isn't encouraged when it messes with the ethos of the site. It's a forum for discussion and not a place where whinging about people is acceptable. We all have a moan now and then,and I didn't see your thread,but sometimes enough is enough. "

Thanks for your post. As you said you didn't see the original post: I can message you a copy of it which I kept if you'd like to read it. We didn't whinge and we didn't name anyone.

However we did seemingly seem to hit a nerve, although I can't see what forum rules we broke

I hope that genuine users on here should never been seen as some kind of problem whilst those whose who waste their time, don't show up for meets or just get some kind of kick out of messing others around should be discouraged.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Hmm, I didn't see a problem with that post, there were some interesting replies on there.

However, the reason MIGHT (and I mean might) be that, although your OP was benign, others may have started using it to post more sinister things, like naming and shaming people, or quoting PMs, or so on. The OP doesn't have to break the rules for the thread to be deleted.

There didn't seem to be anything wrong with that post at all .

Perhaps it hit a nerve , and may have deterred new people ?

We commented on it , no idea why it was pulled .

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

"Hmm, I didn't see a problem with that post, there were some interesting replies on there.

However, the reason MIGHT (and I mean might) be that, although your OP was benign, others may have started using it to post more sinister things, like naming and shaming people, or quoting PMs, or so on. The OP doesn't have to break the rules for the thread to be deleted."

If that was the case then cannot the individual replies be pulled...and the individual offenders given a forum timeout/ban?

Surely the problem lies with those posting the offending replies and not with the OP or with the thread in general?

"Hmm, I didn't see a problem with that post, there were some interesting replies on there.

However, the reason MIGHT (and I mean might) be that, although your OP was benign, others may have started using it to post more sinister things, like naming and shaming people, or quoting PMs, or so on. The OP doesn't have to break the rules for the thread to be deleted.

If that was the case then cannot the individual replies be pulled...and the individual offenders given a forum timeout/ban?

Surely the problem lies with those posting the offending replies and not with the OP or with the thread in general?"

Good point

Surely the problem lies with those posting the offending replies and not with the OP or with the thread in general?"

I did say MIGHT. I'm not a mod, and have no idea why the post was pulled, but if there had been a lot of offending replies the mods might have thought it best to pull the whole thing.

Didn't see the post but I do know the mods don't like seeing negative posts about the site.

"Didn't see the post but I do know the mods don't like seeing negative posts about the site."

Maybe time that something was done to tackle the false profile problem. Could be done,

I am sure the site owners would like to heat job it can be done

Surely the problem lies with those posting the offending replies and not with the OP or with the thread in general?

I did say MIGHT. I'm not a mod, and have no idea why the post was pulled, but if there had been a lot of offending replies the mods might have thought it best to pull the whole thing."

I think you would make a good moderator.

I did say MIGHT. I'm not a mod, and have no idea why the post was pulled, but if there had been a lot of offending replies the mods might have thought it best to pull the whole thing.

I think you would make a good moderator."

I think the existing mods know why I would be a terrible mod

I think the existing mods know why I would be a terrible mod "

You seem a fair and reasonable person on the forums though.

You seem a fair and reasonable person on the forums though. "

If I was given any power at all, I wouldn't be, especially on the political posts. Mwahahahahahahahaaaaaaa....

You seem a fair and reasonable person on the forums though.

If I was given any power at all, I wouldn't be, especially on the political posts. Mwahahahahahahahaaaaaaa...."

I wannabe a mod.

Me me me.

Gimme the power

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

It was an interesting post. At least you didn't get a time out on the forum like I did the other week for asking advice about creepy behaviour. Apparently it's classed as airing your dirty linen in public.

I may get another time out again just for posting this. See you in two days

"I am sure the site owners would like to heat job it can be done

"

If they ask I could suggest a few things. Maybe it should be a discussion thrown open to the membership of the site - provided those members have been verified by meets.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Well you can get a timeout for creating another thread (loosely ) based on the thread that had been closed.. as it's possible the reasons for closing the original thread

Will start all over again..

"Well you can get a timeout for creating another thread (loosely ) based on the thread that had been closed.. as it's possible the reasons for closing the original thread

Will start all over again.. "

Love the joke on your profile. Really made me chuckle.

» Add a new message to this topic