FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Estrogen Creams and Condoms

Estrogen Creams and Condoms

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So... asking for a friend...

If you use estrogen cream as a topical application then they weaken then latex in latex condoms - so I'm informed (in the same way that oil based lubricants do).

If Skyns are non-latex, does that mean they can be used with estrogen creams and oil based lubricants without them weakening?

No speculation... ta.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Funnily enough I had reason to ask that question today. I'm told polyurethane condoms "should be" fine with oestrogen cream. V xxx

"Funnily enough I had reason to ask that question today. I'm told polyurethane condoms "should be" fine with oestrogen cream. V xxx "

That is good to know. I'm guessing that's the majority of the non-latex condoms.

Best start getting the various boys to start working out which ones they like... I've only liked and used the extra strong's by Durex in the past.

Personally I would steer clear of oestrogen creams as too much of this hormone is a possible cancer risk in women. . believe me I've researched so much stuff since my diagnosis. ..

"Personally I would steer clear of oestrogen creams as too much of this hormone is a possible cancer risk in women. . believe me I've researched so much stuff since my diagnosis. .."

Thanks. I'm sure my *cough* friend will take the advice of their GP.

That's best ...

I'm getting on well my with HRT in gel form, it would be good to know more about the do's and don'ts of the topical cream though should I need to use it in the future. Life without HRT would be unthinkable for me at the moment. Obviously have to be careful not to apply near genitals or breasts though.

"I'm getting on well my with HRT in gel form, it would be good to know more about the do's and don'ts of the topical cream though should I need to use it in the future. Life without HRT would be unthinkable for me at the moment. Obviously have to be careful not to apply near genitals or breasts though."

This is a cream that is applied directly to the vagina rather than any of the other alternatives.

I had a similar issue..... I have a latex allergy so when I had to use a cream that weakens latex condoms I had the same query!

I looked on the internet but could get a definate answer so in the end I practised with hubby lol we didn't have any problems with the non latex ones (skyns are good Xx)

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Skyns latex free should be ok

» Add a new message to this topic