FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > vehicle trackers

vehicle trackers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *in man 84 OP   Man  over a year ago

sheffield

Ive just been given a van from work with a tracker.

Having my ever move tracked isn't good for my swinging life style.

Ive looked for a jammer on ebay but no luck.

Could somebody in the know give me some advice.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

How about doing what a lot of people do and using your own vehicle rather than work's

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Think they might be on to you

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

"How about doing what a lot of people do and using your own vehicle rather than work's"

Not sure trying to block it would be any good for your long term employment prospects. Your own vehicle out of work hours is probably your only way forward

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why would you want to jam it, if you think about it - it's not actually your vehicle? Surely just don't use it for swinging or maybe just use taxis etc when you're parked where you should be?

"Ive just been given a van from work with a tracker.

Could somebody in the know give me some advice."

Use your own vehicle out of work hours.

If you are allowed to use your work vehicle out of work hours, then tell them it's none of their business what you get up to on your own time.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

If you line of travel appears as a continuous line on a map at head office, you should be able to drive a route that, when it appears as a line in the map, reads 'fuck'

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Nudist Club Near Monmouth

Keep bussiness and pleasure seperate - theres no dodging 'Big Brother'!

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

Do you mean an anti theft tracker or a continuous GPS tracker with downloading?

You're shaggin the boss's wife aren't you?

"You're shaggin the boss's wife aren't you? "

Brilliant!

What kind of work do you do? Customer based?

Also I'm assuming you don't pay for your Diesel?

sheffield

"You're shaggin the boss's wife aren't you? "

If only ive met her and she's stunning.

sheffield

"Do you mean an anti theft tracker or a continuous GPS tracker with downloading?"

I think its a gps tracker that tracks my location but its possible its fitted with a theft tracker.

sheffield

Its mainly when I'm away with work and stopping on hotels etc I want to visit clubs. Also like to stop off on the way home at friends and don't like work knowing that.

Work do pay for the fuel but have on the past add some in the none trackerd vans.

Slight deviation from the topic but, Re Trackers. A person I know placed a lost luggage tracker into her husbands car when she thought he was cheating.

Crikey' the err? lost luggage was found.

if you block it which you can then it gets stolen while your at a meet, what happens then ?? no job ??

Are you allowed to us the van for personnel use if yes then the tracker must be fitted with a kill switch over wise your employer will be breaking article 8 of the human rights act .if you do buy a GPs jammer (avaible on Amazon ) please bear in they're not illegal to buy or own but it is a serious offence under the telecommunications act to use one

Could somebody in the know give me some advice.

Use your own vehicle out of work hours.

If you are allowed to use your work vehicle out of work hours, then tell them it's none of their business what you get up to on your own time."

if it's a work vehicle lad of course it's their business

Give me strength

By *andaCouple  over a year ago

co down

They can get you on your phone too. Ex colleague was questioned about his whereabouts when he disappeared for a few hours one day and didn't answer his calls. On return to office they asked for his phone and could tell exactly where he was........

On iPhone, try location services, system services and then frequent locations and you'll see what I mean. Apparently even if you clear it it they can get it in central cloud. Have no idea if that is true though

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

We have trackers on our vans, and they run when the key is turned, and don't when it isn't (obviously).

If you block or disrupt the tracker, it will show, as it has a signal both ways, and records when the vehicle is moving.

If you are found to have tampered with the tracker in any way, its a dismissible offence.

You need to do two things.

Cover the tracker in tin foil.

Cover your cock in tin foil.

If you do this it's going to be ok bro.

By *andaCouple  over a year ago

co down

"You need to do two things.

If you do this it's going to be ok bro. "

Does he not need to attach both to the battery?

sheffield

Looks like fab have spoken in favour of the tracker.

I've heard (but don't quote me) that if you wrap lead round it it can't send a signal

By *inkyKellyCDTV/TS  over a year ago

Coventry

Not sure where you work but where I do, popped over to the transport department for something and when I asked a similar question upon seeing the large monitor, basically, don't bother. Could see in real-time where everyone was, any anything suspicious (stopped for an extended period, taking a different route) is brought to their attention pretty quick.

All you can really do is ask if your use of the vehicle is STRICTLY for commuting and doing your job only, or if it'd include seeing your friend on the way home like you said.

But in general, I'd keep my work and my sex life seperate, personally

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

Not enough info - depends what the t&c's of use are, if it's personal use, then no prob, you're just out meeting people and doing errands, none of their business. If it's work use and travel to and from only, then don't - simples

GPS jammers are readily available around the £50. Although they are legal to buy, they are illegal to use...

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Looks like fab have spoken in favour of the tracker.

"

I'm in favour of treating your employer with respect and not taking the piss in work's time

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I've heard (but don't quote me) that if you wrap lead round it it can't send a signal "

It might shrivel and fall off too

By *ithardscotMan  over a year ago

Kelty

Take the bus!

If you get caught out of hours in your work van its your own fault.use your own .unless she s a stunner lol

By *adyboy-DaddyCouple  over a year ago

Andover

I use trackers at work all day every day.

You could wrap the antenna (or the whole unit of it's an in built antenna) in foil and it won't report. But it will let your boss know the signal has been interrupted so they will know what you've done.

Exactly as Wasp hunter said, either your allowed to use it when your not on the clock in which case it's none of their business or your not I which case your taking the piss.

As for "I like to stop off at a mates sometimes when I'm meant to be at work" well, your the reason all your co workers have to suffer having trackers in their vans!

If it's anything like the one fitted to my van, taking speed, time at each location, engine on and off times etc, then there's nothing you can do about it.

You'll just have to do what you want to do, in your own time and in your own vehicle

Unless you actually have free use of the van in your contract of employment , may I say use of the company fuel is theft and I hope your employer finds out and not only sacks you but also reports you to the police.

Why is it that people who are given a very good perk to travel to and from work have to take the pi@s.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Trackers are becoming more prevelant in the workplace to help with efficiency, reducing costs etc but also for Heath and safety purposes due to lone workers which is the responsibility of the employer so all in all they are a good thing in my opinion.

"You're shaggin the boss's wife aren't you?

If only ive met her and she's stunning. "

Why limit yourself? It'll do if she has a pulse.

"Unless you actually have free use of the van in your contract of employment , may I say use of the company fuel is theft and I hope your employer finds out and not only sacks you but also reports you to the police.

Why is it that people who are given a very good perk to travel to and from work have to take the pi@s."

Jesus!

Lighten up!

By *RayMan  over a year ago

essex

By *RayMan  over a year ago

essex

"You're shaggin the boss's wife aren't you?

Brilliant! "

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Unless you actually have free use of the van in your contract of employment , may I say use of the company fuel is theft and I hope your employer finds out and not only sacks you but also reports you to the police.

Why is it that people who are given a very good perk to travel to and from work have to take the pi@s.

Jesus!

Lighten up!"

But it is actually theft of both time and money. An owner of a largeish company that I know installed trackers to gain efficiencies and he said it directly enabled him to employ four more people.

Get a camouflage net,throw it over the motor,then you can hide from the satellites...it works because they hide tanks with this method.

Buzzing

By *requent_FerryersCouple  over a year ago

Norwich to Great Yarmouth

As a employer, I can tell you that if you were using one of my company vehicles for private use whilst away on tasks, I would have serious issues with you, if only for the fact that my fleet insurance does not cover the vehicle for "private" use unless there is specific written consent (for example when one of the drivers borrows the vehicle to move house).

And I do have trackers fitted to all my vehicles!

By *amrod400Man  over a year ago

belfast

Wud be interested to know if it makes u do more work ... We have them and the amount of time u sit in ur van on ur own phone checking fab .... Lol

Was once sat in my van in a supermarket car park and a woman knocked on the window and said 'you can't smoke in there'. It was my own van

Am beginnin to worry the wife has hidden one on me. Seems to know way too much about my wandering ways!!

They are brilliant when they go wrong, Apparently one day last year I teleported from Sudbury to some road down near Norwich, travelled down it at 95mph for a few miles, before magically teleporting back home again, all at around 1:30 am.

Still took over 20 minutes of arguing with the dozy idiots in the office that it wasnt me and I didn't magically just appear and disappear at various locations.

sheffield

Its not that I want to sneak off work early. Its just if I find a meet near where I'm working I don't fancy driving all the way home to get my car to then return for a meet which is more than likely cancelled. For some reason couples like to meet on impulse.

As for t+c in my contract there is lots about company cars but nothing about vans. Very strange as I don't need a van I have a big long wheel base van with 2 tool boxes in it.

...."big long wheel base"....

Boasting again?

"I've heard (but don't quote me) that if you wrap lead round it it can't send a signal "

Only if it's using nuclear radiation I suspect. There might be other issues to concern OP in that case!

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

A guy I knew from school used to go dogging.... his wife put a tracker on his van ...

She knew exactly where he went

Apparently he used to drive down my street frequently ...on route to his local dogging spot ... I didnt know of this

One evening she knocked on my door and accused me of having an affair with him ..

I don't know if she believed me ... .... she wasn't a happy lady ... she ranted and raved ... luckily my partner appeared and told her in no uncertain terms to go away......we saw them both in a pub about 6 months after ... my partner went up to them in quite an audiable voice .... said hello .... DO YOU STILL GO DOGGING !!!!!

The pub went very quiet

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

"

As for t+c in my contract there is lots about company cars but nothing about vans. Very strange as I don't need a van I have a big long wheel base van with 2 tool boxes in it."

So you were never told about the conditions of use of the vehicle and whether it included personal use? If that really is the case, then the employer would have no grounds for taking any action if you used it however you wished.

They must be pretty dumb if they haven't provided you with written details of the conditions of use of the vehicle

"A guy I knew from school used to go dogging.... his wife put a tracker on his van ...

She knew exactly where he went

Apparently he used to drive down my street frequently ...on route to his local dogging spot ... I didnt know of this

One evening she knocked on my door and accused me of having an affair with him ..

I don't know if she believed me ... .... she wasn't a happy lady ... she ranted and raved ... luckily my partner appeared and told her in no uncertain terms to go away......we saw them both in a pub about 6 months after ... my partner went up to them in quite an audiable voice .... said hello .... DO YOU STILL GO DOGGING !!!!!

The pub went very quiet

"

And....did he?

"

As for t+c in my contract there is lots about company cars but nothing about vans. Very strange as I don't need a van I have a big long wheel base van with 2 tool boxes in it."

One would assume that 'car' most likely covers 'vans' as well in that circumstance.

However I would clarify it with your employer.

Jesus!

Lighten up!

But it is actually theft of both time and money. An owner of a largeish company that I know installed trackers to gain efficiencies and he said it directly enabled him to employ four more people."

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

we had trackers on our works vans one time .... they kept blowing the fuses .... the boss gave up

Having a tracker in my van was informed from tracking company to find where tracker is cover in tinfoil and tracker doesn't transmit or receive data

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Cover the roof of the van in tin foil ??

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"We have trackers on our vans, and they run when the key is turned, and don't when it isn't (obviously).

If you block or disrupt the tracker, it will show, as it has a signal both ways, and records when the vehicle is moving.

If you are found to have tampered with the tracker in any way, its a dismissible offence. "

My old w*rk vehicles had trackers fitted and an agreement was reached with the unions that tracker evidence wouldn`t be used in any disciplinary case. When two employees were suspected of not being on duty, they looked at the vehicle locations and sent a supervisor to "just happen to drive past the location!" which was the drivers` home addresses! OOPPS!

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

The fitting of a tracker clearly spells out the company are wanting to know their vehicles usage.

Based on that using it for swinging in work time aint a good idea. The latter aint a good idea for a few reasons tbh

If your allowed to use it regardless for personal use outside of work I wouldn't worry about it. Yes they can ultimately check your movements but the whats & whys behind them they wont have a clue about. I doubt you'll ever have to explain them either if full personal usage is allowed.

My mate has one goes in ciggi lighter port an if covered in silver foil blocks even sat nav signal

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

. Surely if this is an asset that belongs to your company , you have no right to inter with it . These devices are installed to protect both the company and the employee .

Does your employer permit private use of the van? What are the terms of this private use ?.

If private use is permitted you may also find that you are uninsured .

Only your employer can clarify this , not members of this forum.

Your companies success depends on utilising vehicles in the most efficient manner possible.

Wisbech and A47 corridor

Jesus!

Lighten up!"

. If a vehicle is provided for works use , that is the only purpose it should be used for . In addition , if private use is not permitted , it may also be being driven without valid insurance .

If someone is prepared to take these type of chances , it makes you wonder what other chances they are prepared to take

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

How would the company know about swinging if fitted with a tracker. As far as gps tracker is concerned is you go here there and there.

Unless you mean you park regularly outside a swinging club..but that does not necessarily mean you go inside.

Ultimately the car is company property and insurancr policies may ask they are gps tracked at all times. I would be careful about looking at turning it off

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

hi best thing to do is tell your boss you are a swinger and stop off for sex when available , but will make up the time later ..connie x

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

"hi best thing to do is tell your boss you are a swinger and stop off for sex when available , but will make up the time later ..connie x "

Best answer yet ....

Look on a Web site called geek they have some

sheffield

"hi best thing to do is tell your boss you are a swinger and stop off for sex when available , but will make up the time later ..connie x "

That is a very good idea. Nothing like honestly.

sheffield

Jesus!

Lighten up!. If a vehicle is provided for works use , that is the only purpose it should be used for . In addition , if private use is not permitted , it may also be being driven without valid insurance .

If someone is prepared to take these type of chances , it makes you wonder what other chances they are prepared to take "

O gosh your so right I might do another post about bareback gang bang fisting while been tracked.

If one of my lads used one of my sign-written works vehicles to go dogging I would put his bollocks in a vice. Literally

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

It's your employers vehicle; it should be used for your employers business; ( as should his fuel).

Some employers allow " reasonable private use"; that's between you and your employer and your contract.

Some say " reasonable private use" but you pay for the fuel ( bearing in mind it also depends on the insurance he has for the vehicle.)

If you are going way out of " normal work routes" ( whether it be for dogging, shagging or shopping) then he should be aware .

We fired a guy for going off route to a football match, parking up the vehicle somewhere, which was then broken into and company gear stolen .

By *ookingforfun1970Woman  over a year ago

no knickers

Why not drive to your bosses house at lunch time, stop then drive on to a dogging site before going back to work via his house again. You'll soon see if he is watching your every move lol

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

depends on the company, if you got caught with the tracker disabled you could be sacked, i know if my boss found one tracker off-line, he would have it looked at within a few days. when the staff go home to find out whats wrong or if some one has messed with it. the tracker is there for a reason.

"As a employer, I can tell you that if you were using one of my company vehicles for private use whilst away on tasks, I would have serious issues with you, if only for the fact that my fleet insurance does not cover the vehicle for "private" use unless there is specific written consent (for example when one of the drivers borrows the vehicle to move house).

And I do have trackers fitted to all my vehicles!"

I may be wrong here. But unless there is an accident or the vehicle goes missing. There is no need to check the tracker report. As far as I'm aware as a company unless of these or other circumstances where you need to locate a vehicle. You sould not be tracking vehicles outside of company hours due to privacy laws..

By *indys loverCouple  over a year ago

Stratford on avon

"If one of my lads used one of my sign-written works vehicles to go dogging I would put his bollocks in a vice. Literally "

Do you own Battersea dogs home ,,,,,,,,

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"As a employer, I can tell you that if you were using one of my company vehicles for private use whilst away on tasks, I would have serious issues with you, if only for the fact that my fleet insurance does not cover the vehicle for "private" use unless there is specific written consent (for example when one of the drivers borrows the vehicle to move house).

I may be wrong here. But unless there is an accident or the vehicle goes missing. There is no need to check the tracker report. As far as I'm aware as a company unless of these or other circumstances where you need to locate a vehicle. You sould not be tracking vehicles outside of company hours due to privacy laws..

"

. I thought that one of the points of a tracker was to ensure that vehicles are used in the most efficient manner . A company can monitor the use of vehicles continuously if they wish..

"hi best thing to do is tell your boss you are a swinger and stop off for sex when available , but will make up the time later ..connie x

Best answer yet ...."

Well, you never know, your boss might be a closet bisexual? Maybe you could come to "an understanding" where, now and then, you bend over his desk and spread your chocolate starfish?

By *rchie300Man  over a year ago

Hamworthy

Wrap it in foil .... And write on it "track this fuckers"

sheffield

"Why not drive to your bosses house at lunch time, stop then drive on to a dogging site before going back to work via his house again. You'll soon see if he is watching your every move lol"

He also might think I'm picking his wife up. If only as she's one very sexy lady

. I thought that one of the points of a tracker was to ensure that vehicles are used in the most efficient manner . A company can monitor the use of vehicles continuously if they wish.."

I just checked it out you are correct. Unless there is permission for private use. Then there must be a privacy switch on tracker to be activated outside working hours....

So dude if you don't have permission to use don't do it....

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Using a Jammer on a Tracker if caught by the police is at least a 6 pointer as they interfere with emergency vehicle's radio transmission . I have a tracker on my company car ,does not worry me . Movements can only be logged during work hours unless they suspect you of using your van for other business for profit. They can only be monitored by management for health and safety grounds to say if your stopped somewhere for say 3 hours they could contact the emergency serves if your n trouble . If they call you to say why are you stopped or what are you doing , this actually infringes your human rights .

sheffield

"hi best thing to do is tell your boss you are a swinger and stop off for sex when available , but will make up the time later ..connie x

Best answer yet ....

Well, you never know, your boss might be a closet bisexual? Maybe you could come to "an understanding" where, now and then, you bend over his desk and spread your chocolate starfish? "

That would be really taking one for the team. Last boss was rumoured to like trannys.

sheffield

I think a call to the vehicle department is in order on Monday. I'm more than happy to pay any extra I need to use the van.

Another option is a motorbike in the back of the van.

sheffield

I think a call to the vehicle department is in order on Monday. I'm more than happy to pay any extra I need to use the van.

Another option is a motorbike in the back of the van.

sheffield

Cant believe the amount of private hate messages ive got about this.

You would have thought I had post about dog porn or something like that.

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

"Cant believe the amount of private hate messages ive got about this.

You would have thought I had post about dog porn or something like that. "

Feel sorry for you. Some people just got too much time on their hands

"That would be really taking one for the team. Last boss was rumoured to like trannys. "

The word is transpeople. Or transwomen if they are women.

"That would be really taking one for the team. Last boss was rumoured to like trannys.

The word is transpeople. Or transwomen if they are women."

What like television not telly? And how come they are transwomen but not transmen?

"That would be really taking one for the team. Last boss was rumoured to like trannys.

What like television not telly? And how come they are transwomen but not transmen?"

I don't understand your last point.

The poster mentioned that his boss liked 'trannies'. It's likely he was referencing transwomen, so I explained the correct term to him.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

"

As for t+c in my contract there is lots about company cars but nothing about vans. Very strange as I don't need a van I have a big long wheel base van with 2 tool boxes in it.

So you were never told about the conditions of use of the vehicle and whether it included personal use? If that really is the case, then the employer would have no grounds for taking any action if you used it however you wished.

They must be pretty dumb if they haven't provided you with written details of the conditions of use of the vehicle "

Unfortunately you are wrong. When you join a company you sign to say that you agree to abide by the company rules. The rules are often on an A4 piece of paper, at the end of this it will tell you that these are the main rules but not all but you sign agreeing to all rules.

I fell foul of this when they produced the signed sheet and a book the size of the doomsdaybook...

Ps... For the guy smoking in his van. If it is used for work it is classed as a place of work.

So even if you work alone it's still an offence to smoke in it...

A completely antidotal approach would be to fess up to your employer explain it doesn't affect your work life in anyway and offer to show them a club or two get your boss into swinging and they wont question your movements?

What like television not telly? And how come they are transwomen but not transmen?

The poster mentioned that his boss liked 'trannies'. It's likely he was referencing transwomen, so I explained the correct term to him."

Sorry, I took it as transvestites. So what is a transvestite? And the ones I have met refer to themselves and others as trannies

The poster mentioned that his boss liked 'trannies'. It's likely he was referencing transwomen, so I explained the correct term to him.

Sorry, I took it as transvestites. So what is a transvestite? And the ones I have met refer to themselves and others as trannies"

I think it's one of those cases where it's ok to identify yourself that way, but can be considered quite insulting to call people it.

Like the reclamation of the word 'fag' in the gay scene. I wouldn't call a man a fag, because that's a worth with a poor history of being used as abuse. But if my gay male friends want to self identify with fags and refer to themselves that way, that's cool.

Many people, like myself, find the word 'tranny' a massive insult. And it's used as an insult towards us too, which is deeply unpleasant. So if you're not sure you're unlikely to go wrong with 'transperson'. If you know they're not undergoing gender reassignment then 'crossdresser' is a safe option.

"

They must be pretty dumb if they haven't provided you with written details of the conditions of use of the vehicle

Unfortunately you are wrong. When you join a company you sign to say that you agree to abide by the company rules. The rules are often on an A4 piece of paper, at the end of this it will tell you that these are the main rules but not all but you sign agreeing to all rules.

I fell foul of this when they produced the signed sheet and a book the size of the doomsdaybook...

Ps... For the guy smoking in his van. If it is used for work it is classed as a place of work.

So even if you work alone it's still an offence to smoke in it..."

Nonsense

From the government website regarding smoking on vehicles

Smoking in work vehicles

Smoking isn’t allowed in any work vehicle that more than one person uses, eg:

taxis

buses

vans

goods vehicles used by more than one driver

company cars used by more than one employee

A worker can smoke in a company car that only they use if their employer agrees.

Depends how its wired but a simple fuse removal may do but its then explaining the gaps, especially if its live time tracking by a centre or office or recorded on to a drive of some sort for later downloading

"Depends how its wired but a simple fuse removal may do but its then explaining the gaps, especially if its live time tracking by a centre or office or recorded on to a drive of some sort for later downloading"

my post from earlier .... we had trackers on our works vans one time. they kept blowing the fuses .... the boss gave up

sheffield

The poster mentioned that his boss liked 'trannies'. It's likely he was referencing transwomen, so I explained the correct term to him."

Sorry if I caused any offence its wasn't my intention.

A little bit more info on my post would have helped.

There are so many ways that people identity them selves its hard to give it one name that all are happy with.

I'm personally happy to be called a tranny especially if its " suck on cock you dirty tranny".

By *irceWoman  over a year ago

Gloucester

Cover the vehicle in silver foil, it works....

No fun anymore for alot of people out there..dam cyber grasses.

sheffield

"From the government website regarding smoking on vehicles

Smoking in work vehicles

taxis

buses

vans

A worker can smoke in a company car that only they use if their employer agrees.

"

Believe this is 100% correct.

Also not allowed to smoke in private commercial vehicles.

That included pick up and car delivery van.

sheffield

"Depends how its wired but a simple fuse removal may do but its then explaining the gaps, especially if its live time tracking by a centre or office or recorded on to a drive of some sort for later downloading

my post from earlier .... we had trackers on our works vans one time. they kept blowing the fuses .... the boss gave up"

Sounds like the boys (there isn't any females or trans people) need a union meeting.

"Depends how its wired but a simple fuse removal may do but its then explaining the gaps, especially if its live time tracking by a centre or office or recorded on to a drive of some sort for later downloading

my post from earlier .... we had trackers on our works vans one time. they kept blowing the fuses .... the boss gave up"

So take the fuse out and put it across the battery for a second!! Job done and then put it back in !

[Removed by poster at 20/02/16 19:59:52]

What like television not telly? And how come they are transwomen but not transmen?"

I love trannies! Had an 04 plate short wheel base then a long wheel base and then a tipper after that! I tried a Renault trafic but it just wasn't the same

By *urreyfun38Couple  over a year ago

croydon

Would also point out that if you have an accident in your van then the police can look at all your tracker records and can use that infomation against you.

We have all our vehicles tracked and get letters informing us of how many times we have brocken speed limits and what they were.

Also used to track our private milage that we then re imburse the company for.

my post from earlier .... we had trackers on our works vans one time. they kept blowing the fuses .... the boss gave up

So take the fuse out and put it across the battery for a second!! Job done and then put it back in ! "

that wouldn't blow a fuse .... you need to draw too strong a current through the fuse .... like the way it blows if you put a 5amp fuse in the 30amp fuse slot by mistake

By *andbCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Its not that I want to sneak off work early. Its just if I find a meet near where I'm working I don't fancy driving all the way home to get my car to then return for a meet which is more than likely cancelled. For some reason couples like to meet on impulse.

So would you go straight to the meet then without showering and changing into something other than work clothes ?? phew !!

[Removed by poster at 20/02/16 20:55:18]

So take the fuse out and put it across the battery for a second!! Job done and then put it back in !

that wouldn't blow a fuse .... you need to draw too strong a current through the fuse .... like the way it blows if you put a 5amp fuse in the 30amp fuse slot by mistake "

Trust me I'm an ex electronic engineer and now an electrical control design engineer if you were to place a fuse across a battery ( one side on the positive one side on the negative) it would blow instantly the amount of current drawn from a dead short is immense much more than a piece of wire could handle let alone a fuse of say 5amps . The potential current delivery from a car battery is huge as in hundreds of amps.

By *endrix30Man  over a year ago

dudley

You would have thought I had post about dog porn or something like that. "

I'm not surprised that you are getting hate messages as there are so many brain dead idiots on this site, some of them are the employers who think they own their staff and see them as robots instead of people.

By *enuinegent17Man  over a year ago

Dunstable

The tracker is the least of your problems !!!

I'd be more worried about the video recorder built into the rear view mirror that's filming you in HD hanging out the back of your bosses wife (or daughter) when you should be hanging out the back of the van and unloading that rather than unloading your sac.

You would have thought I had post about dog porn or something like that. I'm not surprised that you are getting hate messages as there are so many brain dead idiots on this site, some of them are the employers who think they own their staff and see them as robots instead of people. "

When you get more involved or are employed by, for example, a Local Authority, you begin to realise how restricted you now are as an employee and it`s got little to do with employers exploiting their staff and more about them covering their asses, both co-operate and personal.

You get caught for a traffic offence when your employer has an "O" licence then you put the "O" licence in danger of being revoked. My Local Authority employer were on a watch list from VOSA as there had been a few violations more than VOSA were happy with. Couple that with "helpful" or spiteful members of the public AKA tax payers who may see LA vehicles where they consider they shouldn`t be and insurance companies putting premiums up and you`ll see why firms have work use only policies. Imagine a large Local Authority not being able to operate any vehicle bigger than a Transit van! That`s what the result would be!

Probably the best way is to ask if you can use it for nights out etc as long as you stipulate that you will not drink alcohol

And park it in normal council car parks, so it looks like you could be anywhere

As to having a tracker in it , it's not your van if you don't like it don't drive it . Lots of vehicles have them as do mobile phones , especially if your given a iPhone or data tablet etc

It's a fact of life commercial insurance policies are insisting on black box technology , and eventually everyone will have one .

I have they fitted on my vans, is is an engine mounted tracker or one visible inside the drivers bay? If it's engine mounted you can either disconnect it, or cover it, remember the tracker is a GPS signal, blocking the signal is key.

Haha this is the funniest post ice ever read haha.

Essex.

"

Nonsense"

Obviously a very well reasoned argument...

However your "nonsense" reply is nonsense...

The rule book thing is fact. I was sacked over an obscure rule in a very large book. A solicitor stated that I had agreed to the rules when I had signed the abridged version...

I also know of people being prosecuted and being found guilty in court of smoking in a company van...

I will bow to your superior knowledge as you clearly know more than solicitors, the police and Judges...

sheffield

"Its not that I want to sneak off work early. Its just if I find a meet near where I'm working I don't fancy driving all the way home to get my car to then return for a meet which is more than likely cancelled. For some reason couples like to meet on impulse.

So would you go straight to the meet then without showering and changing into something other than work clothes ?? phew !!"

We have a shower at work and in the hotel I stay in.

But I have been messaged by a guy who want smelly and sweaty.

sheffield

You would have thought I had post about dog porn or something like that. I'm not surprised that you are getting hate messages as there are so many brain dead idiots on this site, some of them are the employers who think they own their staff and see them as robots instead of people. "

There appears to be a lot of high flying company owners on here.

sheffield

"The tracker is the least of your problems !!!

I'd be more worried about the video recorder built into the rear view mirror that's filming you in HD hanging out the back of your bosses wife (or daughter) when you should be hanging out the back of the van and unloading that rather than unloading your sac.

"

It would be worth been sacked his wife is stunning and I mean stunning all she asked me is would I like a cupa tea couldn't get my words out.

"

Nonsense

The rule book thing is fact. I was sacked over an obscure rule in a very large book. A solicitor stated that I had agreed to the rules when I had signed the abridged version...

I also know of people being prosecuted and being found guilty in court of smoking in a company van...

I will bow to your superior knowledge as you clearly know more than solicitors, the police and Judges... "

I haven't signed any rules. Apart from the fact that it is my van and I am the only one who uses it, people who work for a company are allowed to smoke in the vehicles if they are the only one who uses it and the company allows it. Check the governments laws on smoking in the workplace before making claims that you are obviously not clear on or know nothing about. So yes, your earlier statement was nonsense

This is like a soap. Tinman youve got to tell us what happens on Monday, can't wait! LOL

sheffield

"This is like a soap. Tinman youve got to tell us what happens on Monday, can't wait! LOL "

I know who know this post would be so popular.

I knew a trackie once. Married a traveler. Only guy I knew who could ever cash a travellers cheque.

Essex.

"

Nonsense

I will bow to your superior knowledge as you clearly know more than solicitors, the police and Judges...

I haven't signed any rules. Apart from the fact that it is my van and I am the only one who uses it, people who work for a company are allowed to smoke in the vehicles if they are the only one who uses it and the company allows it. Check the governments laws on smoking in the workplace before making claims that you are obviously not clear on or know nothing about. So yes, your earlier statement was nonsense"

Obviously if you are self employed you will not sign any rules, however if you are employed by a company you do. As we are talking about the OP who gets a van with his job, he signs the company rules.

Regarding smoking in your van, you are correct. However, the moment you carry a passenger or a client/ colleague shelters from the rain in your van you are then covered by the work place rules. So unless no one but you ever gets in the van you could be liable for prosecution...

There was a well publicised case where a sole trader was prosecuted for smoking in his van outside work hours. He was found guilty...

By *anillanomoreCouple  over a year ago

Chichester

Sorry, I took it as transvestites. So what is a transvestite? And the ones I have met refer to themselves and others as trannies

I think it's one of those cases where it's ok to identify yourself that way, but can be considered quite insulting to call people it.

Like the reclamation of the word 'fag' in the gay scene. I wouldn't call a man a fag, because that's a worth with a poor history of being used as abuse. But if my gay male friends want to self identify with fags and refer to themselves that way, that's cool.

Many people, like myself, find the word 'tranny' a massive insult. And it's used as an insult towards us too, which is deeply unpleasant. So if you're not sure you're unlikely to go wrong with 'transperson'. If you know they're not undergoing gender reassignment then 'crossdresser' is a safe option."

Transperson seems to be the best way forward by the sounds of it. Less chance of offending if unsure. Otherwise I go with advice from the lovely Rachael and refer to people as they present.

Assuming you're having fun in your own time and not company time, why would this be an issue?

A tracker logs where you've been and where you are. Not what you're doing when you get there.

I don't see the issue unless you're "up to no good" while you're supposed to be at work.

By *anillanomoreCouple  over a year ago

Chichester

I have worked in a department where we tracked the vans. We would look at them at varying times of the day for all sorts of reasons. Just talk to your boss. If it isn't costing them money and the van is parked safely they may not have a problem with it.

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

MIDDLESEX/SUFFOLK

"Was once sat in my van in a supermarket car park and a woman knocked on the window and said 'you can't smoke in there'. It was my own van "

If it's a vehicle you use for your work, she's right. The law is a workplace smoking van, otherwise you'd be able to say I'm the boss, it's my office so I can smoke. Of course her being right doesn't stop you thinking she's an interfering busy body or that the law is nonsense!

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"I have worked in a department where we tracked the vans. We would look at them at varying times of the day for all sorts of reasons. Just talk to your boss. If it isn't costing them money and the van is parked safely they may not have a problem with it. "
. If the van is being used for private use , your company are obliged to declare this to HMRC ..

"Was once sat in my van in a supermarket car park and a woman knocked on the window and said 'you can't smoke in there'. It was my own van

If it's a vehicle you use for your work, she's right. The law is a workplace smoking van, otherwise you'd be able to say I'm the boss, it's my office so I can smoke. Of course her being right doesn't stop you thinking she's an interfering busy body or that the law is nonsense!"

For goodness sake she is not right, check the law/rules

"

Nonsense

I haven't signed any rules. Apart from the fact that it is my van and I am the only one who uses it, people who work for a company are allowed to smoke in the vehicles if they are the only one who uses it and the company allows it. Check the governments laws on smoking in the workplace before making claims that you are obviously not clear on or know nothing about. So yes, your earlier statement was nonsense

Obviously if you are self employed you will not sign any rules, however if you are employed by a company you do. As we are talking about the OP who gets a van with his job, he signs the company rules.

Regarding smoking in your van, you are correct. However, the moment you carry a passenger or a client/ colleague shelters from the rain in your van you are then covered by the work place rules. So unless no one but you ever gets in the van you could be liable for prosecution...

There was a well publicised case where a sole trader was prosecuted for smoking in his van outside work hours. He was found guilty..."

Why not just admit you were wrong?

"

As an employer we are now allowed to read your private messages written during work hours

I can tell you my insurance does not cover private use at all . In fact mine has a radius from southampton that I can travel and at certain times of day it is not used

Employers have every right to know where there equipment is at any time of the day or night

And when you look at the tracker software it actuall provides a route on a map and you click on it to get a time .

By *orders2forUCouple  over a year ago

Hawick

Op it boils down to honesty.

If I were your employer and I read this thread........... how long do you think you would last?

Turn it on the head, you are the employer and you see this.... be honest if you can?

L2

By *picyminxWoman  over a year ago

Huntingdon

Jesus!

Lighten up!"

My ex boyfriend was on call alot and had to have the works vehicle to hand when on call Its probably just a case of trying to find playtime when you're constantly on call rather than trying to rip his firm off lol

Jesus!

Lighten up!

My ex boyfriend was on call alot and had to have the works vehicle to hand when on call Its probably just a case of trying to find playtime when you're constantly on call rather than trying to rip his firm off lol "

Ita not just about the use its insurance and fuel costs and if hmrc found out later that you used your company car for private use it could mean a payment to them of about 3400 per annum in backdated tax

Less if you put the fuel in yourself

I feel it's a company car or van and you don't use it for private use Unless you have permission in writing and pay the relevant tax .

Remember its upto you as the taxpayer to tell hmrc you use it for private use .

Just as it is upto you to get the tax rebate on the money your given for mileage if you use your own car for work

Btw if you get paid travelling expenses you get taxed on it which you can claim a % back each year

In a nutshell

You wouldn't syphon the fuel out your work car and put it in your private car to use

You wouldn't take a jerry can and put fuel in that when you top up work car or van to put in your private car to use

You would not use your work fuel card to fuel own car to use

You would not fill your personal car up at garage and claim fuel back on expenses to use

Using your works van or car for private Is no different if you don't have permission

Essex.

"

Nonsense

There was a well publicised case where a sole trader was prosecuted for smoking in his van outside work hours. He was found guilty...

Why not just admit you were wrong?"

Because I am not...

"

Nonsense

Because I am not..."

Sole traders who carry passengers including wife or mates have to have no smoking vehicles . It quite clearly states when the driver is The only person who goes in it and it is used for work purposes

Work purposes is having the vehicle insured for work related activities . Everyone I know that smokes does so in their van regardless of weather they are employed or not.

I don't like smoking and now stopped the Mrs from smoking in my car and van not becaus it is illegal but because it smells

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"In a nutshell

You wouldn't syphon the fuel out your work car and put it in your private car to use

You wouldn't take a jerry can and put fuel in that when you top up work car or van to put in your private car to use

You would not use your work fuel card to fuel own car to use

You would not fill your personal car up at garage and claim fuel back on expenses to use

Using your works van or car for private Is no different if you don't have permission "

. A useful summary. You may also be driving without insurance if your employer has not permitted private use .

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I think I'd get one if I had an expensive car so if some tea leave lifted it the Feds could get it back

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

If you use a jammer it won't just block your tracker. They put out a signal which will travel about fifteen foot and block everything within range.

Including the ambulance beside you which may be close enough to save someones life but doesn't register because of your jammer.

Or the work van driven by an honest employee who will get investigated for jamming his signal.

The consequences of your actions could be huge

"Op it boils down to honesty.

If I were your employer and I read this thread........... how long do you think you would last?

Turn it on the head, you are the employer and you see this.... be honest if you can?

L2"

If he worked for me and I saw this he wouldn't be working for me any more.

sheffield

Ok spoke with fleet and sadly it cant be used for any private use.

Which includes stopping at a local shop on route to work or dropping children off at school.

It down to insurance and tax. I asked about both to be added to wage but its not possible.

Also advised not to park it on any private land ie a drive way.

Thanks all for your comments.

Some have been very use full other not so like how I must not practice safe sex as I'm looking to break company rules or that I should be sacked for even discussing the topic. Who ya going to call the thought police?

"

Nonsense

Because I am not..."

But its not an offence to smoke in it, which is what you originally said before adding different circumstances

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Smoking in work vehicles

taxis

buses

vans

"

The employer can not legislate for for letting you smoke in a company vehicle the same as he cant let you smoke in your office

Smoking in work vehicles

taxis

buses

vans

The employer can not legislate for for letting you smoke in a company vehicle the same as he cant let you smoke in your office "

So you've read the law have you?

Essex.

"

But its not an offence to smoke in it, which is what you originally said before adding different circumstances"

Ok, here goes...

If you have ever carried a person in your van, if a person has ever sat in your van it is classed as a place of work it is an offence to smoke in it. So unless no one gets in your van since the day you collected the van from the dealer until you sell the van you are committing the offence. So unless you service/repair your van and sell it before it needs an MOT you will have committed the offence...

Example... You take your friend to collect his car from a garage, 6 months later you smoke in your van you have committed the offence...

"

But its not an offence to smoke in it, which is what you originally said before adding different circumstances

Ok, here goes...

If you have ever carried a person in your van, if a person has ever sat in your van it is classed as a place of work it is an offence to smoke in it. So unless no one gets in your van since the day you collected the van from the dealer until you sell the van you are committing the offence. So unless you service/repair your van and sell it before it needs an MOT you will have committed the offence...

Example... You take your friend to collect his car from a garage, 6 months later you smoke in your van you have committed the offence...

"

Nonsense

Essex.

"

Ok, here goes...

Nonsense"

Having re-read the act, I was wrong about the MOT tester and mechanic for which I apologise.

However if anyone else uses the vehicle you are committing the offence...

As I said there was a well publicised case where a guy was found guilty of smoking in a works van even though he worked on his own...

Don't forget it's also an offence not to display a "No Smoking" sign in a works vehicle...

"

Nonsense"

As much as it pains me to ever use anything from the Daily Mail, the time lapse is correct.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1038301/Painter-given-30-fine-smoking-work--van.html

The prosecution stated "The regulations state that a vehicle shall be smoke-free if it is used for work by more than one person - regardless of whether they are in the vehicle at the same time.'

Blocking any tracker or connecting any disabling device to it will send a signal alert to control room where Gps are attached to. After that then it is on high alert to track every move of vehicle. I have worked in the field so fully assure don't

"

Nonsense

As much as it pains me to ever use anything from the Daily Mail, the time lapse is correct.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1038301/Painter-given-30-fine-smoking-work--van.html

The prosecution stated "The regulations state that a vehicle shall be smoke-free if it is used for work by more than one person - regardless of whether they are in the vehicle at the same time.'

"

But don`t forget the police could fine for "not having full control of your vehicle" or whatever it is they call it if you are smoking, drinking, eating or anything else that may distract your attention whilst you are in charge of the vehicle. That may even be when stopped in traffic.

"

Nonsense"

No, it's actually true! You cannot smoke in works vehicles, even if you are alone. We can't in ours, big red stickers in em!

There are so many 'ifs' in this thread so ok. If I buy a van today for work and I am the only one who is going to be using it or sitting in it and I am sitting smoking in it then I am not committing any offence. End of. Why is that so hard to understand

I had a works van and it broke down in the Welsh valleys after a meet you try explaining that when you live over 3 hours away

Essex.

"There are so many 'ifs' in this thread so ok. If I buy a van today for work and I am the only one who is going to be using it or sitting in it and I am sitting smoking in it then I am not committing any offence. End of. Why is that so hard to understand"

It's not difficult to understand but can you hand on heart say you have never had another person in your van?

Realistically how many work vans never have another person in the van?

"There are so many 'ifs' in this thread so ok. If I buy a van today for work and I am the only one who is going to be using it or sitting in it and I am sitting smoking in it then I am not committing any offence. End of. Why is that so hard to understand

It's not difficult to understand but can you hand on heart say you have never had another person in your van?

Realistically how many work vans never have another person in the van?"

That is not the point is it?

The facts are... If you use the van for personal use you have to pay benefit in kind tax ( about 500 per annum) for a van. If you do pay tax on the personal use of van, they can not check locations and journeys outside work hours. ( they probably do look but can't admit to it)

As for modern trackers( as someone that fits them daily) they track location journey times distance speed and various other things, they record a journey the second the key is turned in the ignition ( not necessarily van running or started, just power to the "brain") if you jam a modern sim run tracker it automatically downloads last known position and when jammer is removed they are clever enough to know the vehicle mileage and GPS location may have changed from last known complete journey.... So jam it till your hearts content, but your Tracker monitor in the office will have a flag on your vehicle for abnormality's and can then work back through the journey schedule for last know completed journey..... My advice..... Find the fuse that drives the circuit ( protects it) and replace with a blown fuse, this is a common fault with some trackers and it covers your Arse as its a blown fuse with physical evidence. They may ask you to call the tracker company to fix it but once in a blue moon a blown fuse is a get out of jail free card

Essex.

"There are so many 'ifs' in this thread so ok. If I buy a van today for work and I am the only one who is going to be using it or sitting in it and I am sitting smoking in it then I am not committing any offence. End of. Why is that so hard to understand

That is not the point is it?"

Ok, I will admit maybe not for you but for 99% of vans it is.

You never said that you never have anyone in your van. So in all likelihood it does include your van but you are just being awkward...

You never said that you never have anyone in your van. So in all likelihood it does include your van but you are just being awkward..."

No I am not. I never said anything. So to say I was committing an offence was not true was it?

Smoking is so anti social now anyway

And it all depends how much respect you have for your employer , his equipment etc

And even if you own your own van how much respect you have for your Mrs if she doesn't smoke but definitely your children if you have them

i think it's about the respect you have for other people that counts and just because you don't smoke in the vehicle house flat etc at the time you have a non smoker there the lingering smell stays for ages

You never said that you never have anyone in your van. So in all likelihood it does include your van but you are just being awkward..."

Whether I am being awkward or not is not the point is it? What does my awkwardness have to do with the law?

"Smoking is so anti social now anyway

And it all depends how much respect you have for your employer , his equipment etc

And even if you own your own van how much respect you have for your Mrs if she doesn't smoke but definitely your children if you have them

i think it's about the respect you have for other people that counts and just because you don't smoke in the vehicle house flat etc at the time you have a non smoker there the lingering smell stays for ages "

FFs get a life!

i think it's about the respect you have for other people that counts and just because you don't smoke in the vehicle house flat etc at the time you have a non smoker there the lingering smell stays for ages

FFs get a life!"

Classy reply

FFs get a life!

Classy reply "

Well what would you expect from a filthy smoker

Essex.

You never said that you never have anyone in your van. So in all likelihood it does include your van but you are just being awkward...

No I am not. I never said anything. So to say I was committing an offence was not true was it?"

All you have to do is answer two simple questions....

1. Do you smoke in your van?

2. Do you ever allow anyone in your van?

If the answer is yes to both, you are committing an offence.

If the answer to one of them is no never, you are not committing an offence.

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan  over a year ago

London

FFs get a life!

Classy reply

Well what would you expect from a filthy smoker"

"You need to do two things.

If you do this it's going to be ok bro.

Does he not need to attach both to the battery?"

yes but you need 24 volts

No I am not. I never said anything. So to say I was committing an offence was not true was it?

All you have to do is answer two simple questions....

1. Do you smoke in your van?

2. Do you ever allow anyone in your van?

If the answer is yes to both, you are committing an offence.

If the answer to one of them is no never, you are not committing an offence."

don't forget its now an offence to smoke in a vehicle with anyone under the age of 18 in it

By *requent_FerryersCouple  over a year ago

Norwich to Great Yarmouth

"

You are wrong. The vehicles belong to my company and I own the company. The trackers send almost real-time data to a screen in my office 24/7. I can check their location anytime I wish.

As a direct result of this thread I have issued a written statement to all my drivers regarding out-of-hours "private" use of the vehicles... Just in case the OP is one of my employees!!

You are wrong. The vehicles belong to my company and I own the company. The trackers send almost real-time data to a screen in my office 24/7. I can check their location anytime I wish.

As a direct result of this thread I have issued a written statement to all my drivers regarding out-of-hours "private" use of the vehicles... Just in case the OP is one of my employees!! "

I am glad I am not the only one that gets annoyed with posts like this

i often wonder how many people would actually take their car home if they got the full 3400 tax bill for a company car with free fuel

Just because your given a man to use for work does not mean it's your private motor car at the weekend or evening to do with as you please

It seems as always that people think they know how to run decent hard working people like us businesses better than we do

Essex.

As a direct result of this thread I have issued a written statement to all my drivers regarding out-of-hours "private" use of the vehicles... Just in case the OP is one of my employees!!

I am glad I am not the only one that gets annoyed with posts like this

i often wonder how many people would actually take their car home if they got the full 3400 tax bill for a company car with free fuel

Just because your given a man to use for work does not mean it's your private motor car at the weekend or evening to do with as you please

It seems as always that people think they know how to run decent hard working people like us businesses better than we do

"

It's perk of the job, like using company tools for private jobs or helping yourself to a bit of stock...

There are several valid reasons why trackers are used. Spying on employees is rarely one. Unless it's warranted. Performance, security of vehicle, communication with client I could name a few.

I have an ingenium tracker in my work car that im allowed to use personally. If you got the same u should have a login for their site and you select which journeys are business and which are private. Private journeys are automatically blocked from prying eyes.

Before anyone asks im allowed to use my car for personal use and even have a nominated second driver. I do have a company fuel card, but pay 7p a mile for personal mileage and also lose 3k in personal tax allowance to cover the use of the car.

"Before anyone asks im allowed to use my car for personal use and even have a nominated second driver. I do have a company fuel card, but pay 7p a mile for personal mileage and also lose 3k in personal tax allowance to cover the use of the car."

That's the correct way to do it