FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Go-Pro

Go-Pro

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andixxx OP   Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

Considering buying one to use in the bedroom. Does anyone know if they're any good in low light conditions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irty130Couple  over a year ago

Bristol Area

We have a GoPro Hero3. IMO it's not great in low light. Tends to add a bit of colour-cast in artificial (especially LED) light. The sound recording is also not the best, even with the case off, my videos always come out very quiet.

It is very well suited to daylight though!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You'd be much better using a phone cam than a Go-Pro for indoors

By *irty130Couple  over a year ago

Bristol Area

"You'd be much better using a phone cam than a Go-Pro for indoors"
Yes Definitely. The iPhone camera since the 5/6 phones is excellent! (I haven't used my regular digital camera since I got mine!)

The Samsung S7 is incredible in low light. Although it may be hard to strap to a penis

"Considering buying one to use in the bedroom. Does anyone know if they're any good in low light conditions?"

I use a go pro "copy"(of eBay).1080 hd fully water proof ,and they are half the price of go pro and just as good quilty,

Hope this helps

For good low light shots you need a larger lense than a go pro and the ability to adjust the apature of the lense/ISO sensitivity. Most entry level DSLR cameras and a lot of CSC cameras have these options available, as do some bridge cameras. Bigger lens will allow more light in giving better shots in low light, and good entry level DSLRs with a 18-55mm lens will be around the same price as a hero 4.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Another point about the action cameras is the fixed lens is usually quite wide and not the most flattering if used close up. There are gopro clones available from China. Bandgood and dx.com supply them. Sj4000 and sj6000 are the recommended models.

A bridge camera or entry level dslr are much better options in my opinion.

By *elightful DuoCouple  over a year ago

East Midlands

It all depends what lense you have you would be better using the wide angle fisheye lense as it captures better in low light. It also allows you to put the camera closer due to the wide angle. I've never used mine for the bedroom but have taken it down to 30 meters when diving and the lights not brilliant down there.

Hope this helps.

By *ll the gear.....Couple  over a year ago

Town north of Notts

"It all depends what lense you have you would be better using the wide angle fisheye lense as it captures better in low light. It also allows you to put the camera closer due to the wide angle. I've never used mine for the bedroom but have taken it down to 30 meters when diving and the lights not brilliant down there.

Hope this helps."

I've not used my GoPro in the bedroom but as above down at 30m with good viz it's not bad

By *he Hobbit And MeCouple  over a year ago

southampton

"For good low light shots you need a larger lense than a go pro and the ability to adjust the apature of the lense/ISO sensitivity. Most entry level DSLR cameras and a lot of CSC cameras have these options available, as do some bridge cameras. Bigger lens will allow more light in giving better shots in low light, and good entry level DSLRs with a 18-55mm lens will be around the same price as a hero 4."

Have a look on the net as you will find some camcorders designed just for night vision

By *hat The CuckCouple  over a year ago

South London

We use a GoPro a lot in the bedroom and yes it's true the lighting has to be good for the picture to be perfect. Although i do put the footage through a video editing suite and brighten the video and it turns out quite well. Most of the action photos on our profile are from the GoPro. Just bought a second one to get two different angles

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

"Considering buying one to use in the bedroom. Does anyone know if they're any good in low light conditions?"

go pros are designed to be an action camera, with tge ability to withstand anything. They are not desighned to be a stand alone high quality camera.

"Another point about the action cameras is the fixed lens is usually quite wide and not the most flattering if used close up. There are gopro clones available from China. Bandgood and dx.com supply them. Sj4000 and sj6000 are the recommended models.

A bridge camera or entry level dslr are much better options in my opinion. "

I have an sj4000 paid £65 forbit and it came with loads of accesories... I did however do loads of research on it. There are loads of fake versions of it out there so be careful what you buy. FO your research and you cant go wrong

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

GoPro is pretty low tec. There's lots of better cameras out there for less.

» Add a new message to this topic