FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Fake user - need mod help

Fake user - need mod help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irth guy OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I have someone on my hotlist who I know has a fake picture (It is of someone I know) from somewhere other than this site.

They were inactive for a few months, but I've noticed that they've started using the account again.

I did correspond with a mod about this a few months ago and was assured that the account was dormant. I know my friend would be very upset if she knew her pic was being used in this way as she is in a relaionship now.

Can this be sorted out once and for all?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

go to the profile, click report and explain all to admin that way. give them as much details as you possibly know.

Newcastle

"go to the profile, click report and explain all to admin that way. give them as much details as you possibly know."

That's what I did last time and nothing was done. I had to come on here and put in the public forum before something was 'allegedly' done.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I bet admin do fuck all about it. I've reported someone who is at least 30 years older than they advertise and they have taken no action as the user still uses the same ridiculous lie about their age.

In fact I recieved a 48 hour forum ban for naming and shaming the lying user.

We might as well all make up any old bullshit on our profiles.

Newcastle

I'm not holding my breath, as I've reported 3 separate things to admin, and I've never had a single reply.

The only time there was some action was when I came on here.

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

to be fair look at the many profiles that are prob reported a day, sometimes they can be over looked aswell as mistakes made and you cant blame them for it at all.. as for reporting a profile saying a person/person's are using other peoples photos its your word against the user of the profile

Newcastle

"to be fair look at the many profiles that are prob reported a day, sometimes they can be over looked aswell as mistakes made and you cant blame them for it at all.. as for reporting a profile saying a person/person's are using other peoples photos its your word against the user of the profile "

I even offered to give the email address of the girl whose face it actually is. She could quite easily verify herself on cam if need be.

"I'm not holding my breath, as I've reported 3 separate things to admin, and I've never had a single reply.

The only time there was some action was when I came on here."

It does say when you click send that they dont have time to reply hence you didnt get one

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

The only people who can help in this situation is Admin, so the best course of action is to REPORT it.

Admin obviously have to have some sort of proof before they can act on reports, you wouldn't expect then to do otherwise would you?

It is to be fair on everyone. If there is evidence then Admin do and will act.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I have someone on my hotlist who I know has a fake picture (It is of someone I know) from somewhere other than this site.

They were inactive for a few months, but I've noticed that they've started using the account again.

I did correspond with a mod about this a few months ago and was assured that the account was dormant. I know my friend would be very upset if she knew her pic was being used in this way as she is in a relaionship now.

Can this be sorted out once and for all?"

@girthguy the profile you reported was suspended by admin when we reviewed your original report. It only shows as active in your hotlist because the user can still login, just that everything is "frozen". This is normal behaviour for a suspended account.

As per the various messages throughout the site, we don't ever provide feedback on individual reports, but every one is reviewed and actioned where appropriate.

Admin x

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I bet admin do fuck all about it. I've reported someone who is at least 30 years older than they advertise and they have taken no action as the user still uses the same ridiculous lie about their age.

We might as well all make up any old bullshit on our profiles."

To be fair, the type of report your talking about is quite difficult to deal with. You met someone who you thought was older than their profile age. If someone reported you as being older than your profile age, we hope you see it would be unreasonable for admin to simply suspend your account on someone's say-so.

Admin x

"I bet admin do fuck all about it. I've reported someone who is at least 30 years older than they advertise and they have taken no action as the user still uses the same ridiculous lie about their age.

We might as well all make up any old bullshit on our profiles.

To be fair, the type of report your talking about is quite difficult to deal with. You met someone who you thought was older than their profile age. If someone reported you as being older than your profile age, we hope you see it would be unreasonable for admin to simply suspend your account on someone's say-so.

Admin x

"

does admin in these cases not summon the supposed person(s) to HQ and ask for their passport to be presented as evidence? this would discourage people trying to pass themselves off as 30 years younger???

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"

does admin in these cases not summon the supposed person(s) to HQ and ask for their passport to be presented as evidence? "

Form an orderly queue please!

Admin x

have reported one thats got my pics on 2 but as a couple and a waste time admin do nothing ,but if u name shame them in form you get banned ,as i have been last 2weeks ......shit to be honest that you cnt cos would stop all the time wasters assholes on this site .

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

whats a wesite admin plz ???? or do u mean the site owners sorry bit thick her

website*

Well all I can say is what I've seen and that is whenever I've reported anything, with the exception of the very odd one, I've always seen evidence that action has been taken. And just because it 'appears' that nothing has been done, doesn't always mean that nothing has been done ....

So there we have it, from our side of the fence anyway

By *itianmandyWoman  over a year ago

london

This sort of thing well illustrates the reasons for not having pictures of your face on yr profile, unless you fully appreciate they could be used by someone else anywhere on the internet!

[Removed by poster at 28/03/11 15:37:58]

"have reported one thats got my pics on 2 but as a couple and a waste time admin do nothing ,but if u name shame them in form you get banned ,as i have been last 2weeks ......shit to be honest that you cnt cos would stop all the time wasters assholes on this site . "
....."Assholes" is that aloud i got banned for using the word wankers ffs

* gEtS baCk iN cOffiN *

Newcastle

"I have someone on my hotlist who I know has a fake picture (It is of someone I know) from somewhere other than this site.

Can this be sorted out once and for all?

@girthguy the profile you reported was suspended by admin when we reviewed your original report. It only shows as active in your hotlist because the user can still login, just that everything is "frozen". This is normal behaviour for a suspended account.

As per the various messages throughout the site, we don't ever provide feedback on individual reports, but every one is reviewed and actioned where appropriate.

Admin x"

Ok, thanks for that. I presume they cannot use the profile in any way and nor can anybody else access it?

Does the profile still show up when searches are made if the user has recently logged on?

Cheers

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Admin did say the account is froze so they can't do anything but log in.

The name won't be picked up in a search normally, but if it did, there is nothing for anyone to see

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"have reported one thats got my pics on 2 but as a couple and a waste time admin do nothing ,but if u name shame them in form you get banned ,as i have been last 2weeks ......shit to be honest that you cnt cos would stop all the time wasters assholes on this site . "

no it wouldnt, all it would do is allow people to post a load of lies about people (not saying you are lying by the way!!)

its been said time and time again naming and shaming would not work. al you would need is a couple of bored teenagers registering profiles and running round telling people so and so is a time waster etc

I feel that members on here should get themselves photo verified. I won't meet anyone who is not photo verified. That will stop the fakes. Thats my opinion anyway and it works for me

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"I feel that members on here should get themselves photo verified. I won't meet anyone who is not photo verified. That will stop the fakes. Thats my opinion anyway and it works for me "

Wonders how you find many meets with your profile hidden?

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"Well all I can say is what I've seen and that is whenever I've reported anything, with the exception of the very odd one, I've always seen evidence that action has been taken. And just because it 'appears' that nothing has been done, doesn't always mean that nothing has been done ....

"

we've reported many profiles due to one reason or another and in 95% of cases admin have taken action so can agree they DO do things for the benefit of us all

"I feel that members on here should get themselves photo verified. I won't meet anyone who is not photo verified. That will stop the fakes. Thats my opinion anyway and it works for me

Wonders how you find many meets with your profile hidden?

"

My profile is hidden as I am not playing at the mo

were sure you had an active couple account

» Add a new message to this topic