FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > People taking pic's of you without permission

People taking pic's of you without permission

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am pretty sure a guy was taking pictures of me today at the beach.

I couldn't prove it but 90%certain.

Would it be wrong to walk up and confront them, what if he wasn't?

Could cause all sorts of issues, but what if he was?

Yes it may seem a bit hypocritical given I have pics of myself plastered all over my profile.

But they are mine, with my consent and taken by myself or husband.

Thoughts please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

If I was in any doubt, I'd ask him to show the pics in the memory, if he has nothing to hide, it shouldn't be a problem, if he refuses, I'd be tempted to ask him to accompany you to the nearest Police officer, and have him (or her) check.

By *andbCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"I am pretty sure a guy was taking pictures of me today at the beach.

Yes it may seem a bit hypocritical given I have pics of myself plastered all over my profile.

Thoughts please. "

Think I would have approached him and asked whether he had been. Obviously if he was not intimidating and there were others around so I wouldn't be in danger etc of some weirdo.

Strike up a conversation first small talk and such and ask to see the photos he's taken. If they are not o you all is OK if they are tell him to delete . Must be a law or something which applies to contravene privacy or such.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you are in a public place then you got no right to complain. It's a picture taken in public place, think off all the pictures you take with your friends. Count the amount of random strangers you get in the cross fire.

If in a public place, it's all good however on private property or a private venue. They can set the rules.

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone in the public space and get them to stop taking pictures and video in a public space.

One of my meet's hid his camera phone in his lampshade above the bed lucky I saw it otherwise God knows where it would have ended up

Thoughts please. "

Unfortunately as far as the law is concerned you don't have much of a case if you are on a public beach as you have no reasonable expectation of privacy.

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

Take a picture of him with your phone, but make a point of it. He if asks why, then tell him.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

As has already been stated, if you are on a public beach there is nothing illegal in what he is doing and the police will not be interested.

As a keen photographer I get dirty looks these days if I take a big camera on holiday. But what I am usually doing is photographing the sea, my wife and friends, sea birds and so on.

Luton

Further more neither the police or yourself actually have the right to inspect the man's photos much less require him to delete them.

I'm afraid if you don't wish to be photographed, stay indoors as the aurhorities photograph your every move via CCTV. One guy on the beach is probably just taking photos of his day out.

Wasn't catching pokemon was he??

"One of my meet's hid his camera phone in his lampshade above the bed lucky I saw it otherwise God knows where it would have ended up"

That is just awful....what did you do?

Its illegal to publish content of someone without concent

Catching in the act however is more open to interpretation depending on the person.

Technically photographers and reporters unintentionally capture shots and recordings of us every day.

For all we know he probably locks himself in an attack tossing over hisome captions.

End of the day if you're uncomfortable with the idea of you being exploited for someone else's gain, just simply say that "id not like to be captured please." This prompts most to change their body language giving you a good indication and in some cases they'll delete without out you even asking.

By *pa and dCouple  over a year ago

Barnet

To correct a misunderstanding:

Under UK law it is NOT illegal to publish content (presumably a photo) of someone without consent.

If you are in a public place then it is perfectly legal to photograph & publish them, so long as you're not causing an obstruction to others or falling foul of anti-Terrorism laws or even the Official Secrets Act (frankly, this one is unlikely).

If you are taking photographs designed to embarrass or otherwise negatively affect someone, then it's possible that you may fall foul of harassment or breach of the peace laws, and if you're not on public land then the rules can be set entirely by the landowner.

However, whatever the precise interpretations of the law, most responsible photographers will be happy to either explain what they are photographing, show you what they are photographing, or even move to exclude you from what they are photographing, PROVIDING you approach them with a similarly responsible and non-egressive approach.

If someone's taking photos in a clandestine fashion, a simple approach to say that you're concerned that thats what they might be doing should be enough to persuade them to desist without any need for aggression.

Written as a photographer who often photographs in public (generally not photographing people with their bits hanging out!) and encounters a range of people who may have concerns as to what you are doing.

I had a friend who's so-called 'Dom' partner had her blindfolded and suspended and turned his phone to silent and took pics, she only found out after they broke up and he sent them to her threatening to send them to her workplace!!!! Scarily he's on here, and more scarily - she ended up back with him!!!!

"I had a friend who's so-called 'Dom' partner had her blindfolded and suspended and turned his phone to silent and took pics, she only found out after they broke up and he sent them to her threatening to send them to her workplace!!!! Scarily he's on here, and more scarily - she ended up back with him!!!! :-that's bloody awful ( "

A man took pic of me when i was waiting for the bus home . He showed it to hes mate to confirm it was me. I wasnt happy

By *hingford manMan  over a year ago

highams park East London

"If I was in any doubt, I'd ask him to show the pics in the memory, if he has nothing to hide, it shouldn't be a problem, if he refuses, I'd be tempted to ask him to accompany you to the nearest Police officer, and have him (or her) check."

Police or anyone else have no rights to inspect his phone, photos taken in public spaces do not need your permission sorry but that's the law

By *hingford manMan  over a year ago

highams park East London

"Its illegal to publish content of someone without concent

Catching in the act however is more open to interpretation depending on the person.

Technically photographers and reporters unintentionally capture shots and recordings of us every day.

For all we know he probably locks himself in an attack tossing over hisome captions.

End of the day if you're uncomfortable with the idea of you being exploited for someone else's gain, just simply say that "id not like to be captured please." This prompts most to change their body language giving you a good indication and in some cases they'll delete without out you even asking."

Sorry but your wrong

Publicly taken pictures are not regulated or illegal they are the photographers property to so as they wish witj

By *eerobCouple  over a year ago

solihull

Depends on the content of the photo. If he has been taking voyeuristic pics then you would potentially have a case, what were you doing at the time OP?

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

Thoughts please. "

If he was taking pictures of you without pernission , you best action would be to cinfront him and ask him what he thinks he is doing .

Common decency suggests that you should respect other peoples privacy .

If he made no attempt to apologise of delete the images take a few face photographs of him.

He might then some respect for other peoples privacy .

It is a pity he did not ask you if it would be ok to take some .

Luton

If the OP was on a public beach, in law they have no reasonable expectation of privacy. Taking photos in a public place is not an offence, as has been clearly stated in this thread.

"A man took pic of me when i was waiting for the bus home . He showed it to hes mate to confirm it was me. I wasnt happy "

I take it his mates had never seen a pic of someone at a bus stop?

Even though nobody has the God given right to ask me, I'd happily show anyone who asked in reasonable and friendly manner, what I was shooting because I have nothing to hide. I do quite a bit of urban photography and by the very nature of the beast, there are usually members of the public who end up in the shot, but so far I've never had any issues and the only folk who have ever approached me tend to be other 'togs' who are asking about my gear and generally chatting about the shoot.

In a public area you can basically shoot whatever you choose provided you aren't causing a nuisance eg blocking right of way with your tripod and bag, or obstructing a highway etc etc

Luton

I was out and about in London last week shooting B&W film with vintage gear. Got some strange looks, and I am unsure if it was due to the gear or just because people did not want to be in the shot. For once I was grateful nobody asked to see the screen lol.

Whether the guy in the OP's first message was photographing ladies in beach outfits or looking for a funky angle on artistic shots of sea, there is not much to be done. If you believe you have been photographed and don't like it, the best you can do is nicely request they stop.

By *eeeee7Woman  over a year ago

over yonder

"A man took pic of me when i was waiting for the bus home . He showed it to hes mate to confirm it was me. I wasnt happy

I take it his mates had never seen a pic of someone at a bus stop?"

ha ha

By *he Hobbit And MeCouple  over a year ago

southampton

The only problem is these days are camera`s with super zoom lenses so am sure you would never know if they are taking pics of you or not, I don`t care if they take pictures of me as long as they are not making it obvious

» Add a new message to this topic