FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andsonjohn OP   Man  over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

God knows it must to hard to be a woman or a couple on these sorts of sites but is it really necessary to fill two thirds to three quarters of ones profile with rants about the facts of life on a site such as this .

I have a radical idea id like to put out there just maybe the answer to stopping all the dimwitts who by contacting you have frustrated the living daylights out of you to the point where your profile has become full of rants .

Why don't you take matters into your own hands and invest some time into looking at profiles and picking someone who appeals to you instead of spending your time thinking of another rant to add to your profile of rants.

I've even heard you can hide your profile while you take this approach which means you don't have to worry about being approached by those you pass over .

I know its a simple idea I've put forward and yes its a radical idea.

for which you can thank me for later if you insist.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

So you thought you would have a rant....about ranty profiles

in the eye of the storm

"So you thought you would have a rant....about ranty profiles "

Not a rant just tongue in cheek advice being offered because in my opinion rants in profiles are a pointless exercise that achieve very little in the long run .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's not a rant, it's creative writing.

Or perhaps people could take the time to read profiles before contacting ?

in the eye of the storm

"Or perhaps people could take the time to read profiles before contacting ?"

In a ideal world that would happen by we live in a far from ideal world. I always feel sorry for the person who fills their profile full of rants because my first thought is my god this place must be really getting to them which can only mean their not having fun .

After all if your enjoying yourself no need to rant or find fault with what your doing or others are doing .

Nothing you write will stop the chancers,two days ago a gent contacted us claiming to be 47 after we engaged in conversation he changed his age to 63 we reported and he was removed

Thornton

"Nothing you write will stop the chancers,two days ago a gent contacted us claiming to be 47 after we engaged in conversation he changed his age to 63 we reported and he was removed "

I doubt he will of been removed. You were both probably blocked from each other.

"Nothing you write will stop the chancers,two days ago a gent contacted us claiming to be 47 after we engaged in conversation he changed his age to 63 we reported and he was removed

I doubt he will of been removed. You were both probably blocked from each other. "

His messages said user no longer on site

in the eye of the storm

"Nothing you write will stop the chancers,two days ago a gent contacted us claiming to be 47 after we engaged in conversation he changed his age to 63 we reported and he was removed "

My point exactly you can't stop others from doing what ever they want but you can improve your chances of finding what you want by being proactive and go looking for it.

Having a profile stating what your looking for is a start but then just expecting that alone to bring you success is a recipe for frustration if you ask me.

I do look and message men I like. I'm not adverse to taking the lead

Thornton

"Nothing you write will stop the chancers,two days ago a gent contacted us claiming to be 47 after we engaged in conversation he changed his age to 63 we reported and he was removed

I doubt he will of been removed. You were both probably blocked from each other. His messages said user no longer on site"

Yeh he prob left himself. Admin wouldn't remove him for him not putting the right age lol.. There are loads of people who do that. If anything, they would have probably corrected his age.

My point exactly you can't stop others from doing what ever they want but you can improve your chances of finding what you want by being proactive and go looking for it.

Having a profile stating what your looking for is a start but then just expecting that alone to bring you success is a recipe for frustration if you ask me.

"

We re not frustrated we re pro active and happy with our lot on fab , most of the angst on here are in status updates by single men

I doubt he will of been removed. You were both probably blocked from each other. His messages said user no longer on site

Yeh he prob left himself. Admin wouldn't remove him for him not putting the right age lol.. There are loads of people who do that. If anything, they would have probably corrected his age. "

We did nt go into great detail but he changed quite a lot on his profile , he may have left of his own accord not really bothered now

in the eye of the storm

We re not frustrated we re pro active and happy with our lot on fab , most of the angst on here are in status updates by single men "

Single guys frustrated who would have thought it

I'm not saying you are I'm saying that's what it looks like to me looking in from the outside when I read a profile full of rants to the point where I have no idea what the persons like behind the profile other than the fact they really Ike to rant

We re not frustrated we re pro active and happy with our lot on fab , most of the angst on here are in status updates by single men

I'm not saying you are I'm saying that's what it looks like to me looking in from the outside when I read a profile full of rants to the point where I have no idea what the persons like behind the profile other than the fact they really Ike to rant "

A good clue is if you don't fall into the catergory they re ranting about then contact them and engage a conversation

in the eye of the storm

I'm not saying you are I'm saying that's what it looks like to me looking in from the outside when I read a profile full of rants to the point where I have no idea what the persons like behind the profile other than the fact they really Ike to rant A good clue is if you don't fall into the catergory they re ranting about then contact them and engage a conversation "

That's a good bit of advice but why would I message then after all I'm after fun with a easy going person who only sweats life's big things and laughs off life's little things

I'm not saying you are I'm saying that's what it looks like to me looking in from the outside when I read a profile full of rants to the point where I have no idea what the persons like behind the profile other than the fact they really Ike to rant A good clue is if you don't fall into the catergory they re ranting about then contact them and engage a conversation

That's a good bit of advice but why would I message then after all I'm after fun with a easy going person who only sweats life's big things and laughs off life's little things "

We can only speak from our viewpoint but inviting a single man to share our sex life is quite big for us and we take our time making the decision

By *reygorCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

well our profile clearly shows our ages .make it clear we an age gap couple.we get lots of friend invites and meet requests.from people and when we check thier profile out they have a top age limit 20 years under my age.[ha have met lots and had great fun ]profile is only a general guide

in the eye of the storm

I'm not saying you are I'm saying that's what it looks like to me looking in from the outside when I read a profile full of rants to the point where I have no idea what the persons like behind the profile other than the fact they really Ike to rant A good clue is if you don't fall into the catergory they re ranting about then contact them and engage a conversation

That's a good bit of advice but why would I message then after all I'm after fun with a easy going person who only sweats life's big things and laughs off life's little things We can only speak from our viewpoint but inviting a single man to share our sex life is quite big for us and we take our time making the decision "

Which is of coarse a big decision but I think you fully understood my point about sweating about facts of site life that you yourself earlier admitted you can do very little about so why rant about them in a profile .

Hope that's cleared up any miss understanding about my last comment on your post back to me .

"well our profile clearly shows our ages .make it clear we an age gap couple.we get lots of friend invites and meet requests.from people and when we check thier profile out they have a top age limit 20 years under my age.[ha have met lots and had great fun ]profile is only a general guide "
That's exactly correct it can only ever be a guide and as long as the person contacting you is honest and approachable some obstacles can be overcome after all we re all here for the same

By *inglehotchickWoman  over a year ago

blackpool

Over the months my profile has turned a bit ranty. It used to be happy and smiley. I've become so jaded lol x

in the eye of the storm

"Over the months my profile has turned a bit ranty. It used to be happy and smiley. I've become so jaded lol x"

After checking out your profile yes you have a few demands fair ones I might add but that's a very mild set of rants there not really rants ether due to how you wrote them .the profiles this post was picking fun out of are far far more crazed than anything you wrote so are you jaded not yet in my opinion but you may be on the slippery slope that leads to it

By *inglehotchickWoman  over a year ago

blackpool

"Over the months my profile has turned a bit ranty. It used to be happy and smiley. I've become so jaded lol x

After checking out your profile yes you have a few demands fair ones I might add but that's a very mild set of rants there not really rants ether due to how you wrote them .the profiles this post was picking fun out of are far far more crazed than anything you wrote so are you jaded not yet in my opinion but you may be on the slippery slope that leads to it "

Haha I hope I don't get jaded. I'm a natural fun person I sooooo hate drama and bitching x

We need a RANTOMETER

"We need a RANTOMETER "

Good idea.

Should be incorporated into Thursday.

» Add a new message to this topic