FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > VCH and cycling.

VCH and cycling.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *onlyshow OP   Woman  over a year ago

your dreams

I'm going to get a VCH piercing in the very near future and as I was cycling along the road hunched over the handlebars today readjusting my sitting position I suddenly wondered if this would have any implications on comfort etc (after its healed of course.. )

Does anybody cycle with a piercing and have you got any sensible advice please?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't have a piercing, and am a bloke, but 3 things.

1. Seats - If you're a road cyclist some seats have a hole through the middle. I suspect they are designed for men in mind to avoid crushing the base of the penis and proving support to the pelvic bones. Since you're a lady I don't think these kind of seats will help, but might be worth considering. Any other seat ideas?

2. When I shave my pubic hair I find I'm more prone to chaving my privates, and it hurts. I tend to put talcum powder where this occurs and it tends to help. Have you thought about not shaving down there?

3. recumbant - You could buy a recumbant bike. This might alter you seating postion.

4. Cycling shorts - I don't wear cycling shorts, but they can prevent chaving.

5. Suspension - Buy a mountain bike with good suspension to reduce bumps. The softer tires will help with the little bumps whilst the larger bumps like going over curbs will be dealt with by the suspension.

A last thought though - Has anyone encountered a problem cycling after a piecing has been done? The OP might not notice any difference at all. The above just reflects ideas IF she does encounter a problem.

A very last thought is just to take the piecing out (if possible?) to go cycling.

After it has healed cycling is definitely fun. I would recommend wearing pants with a wide gusset aka lady boxers or similar or when cycling the rubbing of a narrower gusset really hurts after about half a mile. My piercing healed in a week and is now absolutely fine with friction. Bus journeys are fun now too

your dreams

"I don't have a piercing, and am a bloke, but 3 things.

1. Seats - If you're a road cyclist some seats have a hole through the middle. I suspect they are designed for men in mind to avoid crushing the base of the penis and proving support to the pelvic bones. Since you're a lady I don't think these kind of seats will help, but might be worth considering. Any other seat ideas?

2. When I shave my pubic hair I find I'm more prone to chaving my privates, and it hurts. I tend to put talcum powder where this occurs and it tends to help. Have you thought about not shaving down there?

3. recumbant - You could buy a recumbant bike. This might alter you seating postion.

4. Cycling shorts - I don't wear cycling shorts, but they can prevent chaving.

5. Suspension - Buy a mountain bike with good suspension to reduce bumps. The softer tires will help with the little bumps whilst the larger bumps like going over curbs will be dealt with by the suspension.

A last thought though - Has anyone encountered a problem cycling after a piecing has been done? The OP might not notice any difference at all. The above just reflects ideas IF she does encounter a problem.

A very last thought is just to take the piecing out (if possible?) to go cycling."

I have a road racing bike with ladies ergonomic racing saddle.

Shaving isn't an issue I'm just wondering about the press when I forward on the saddle

your dreams

"After it has healed cycling is definitely fun. I would recommend wearing pants with a wide gusset aka lady boxers or similar or when cycling the rubbing of a narrower gusset really hurts after about half a mile. My piercing healed in a week and is now absolutely fine with friction. Bus journeys are fun now too"

Thank you, I never wear knickers under my cycling shorts anyway, do you have a bar or a ring? Is one more comfortable that the other ?

I have the piercing too, healed in a week. I never wear knickers and never have had any trouble at all never caught on any thing.

The bike seat i dont feel it lol

your dreams

"I have the piercing too, healed in a week. I never wear knickers and never have had any trouble at all never caught on any thing.

The bike seat i dont feel it lol"

Thank you, that's what I wanted hear..

If you find saddle after piercing uncomfortable I ride an adamo road it's nice and Roxy rides a brooks.

L

I have a ring btw. If I rotate it so the ball sits under the hood on top of my clit cycling gets me off. If I have the ball on the outside then it is easily ignorable and can barely feel it unless I consciously concentrate on the sensation

your dreams

"If you find saddle after piercing uncomfortable I ride an adamo road it's nice and Roxy rides a brooks.

L "

I've currently got a ladies ergonomic selle Italia

Which is a good ride

your dreams

"I have a ring btw. If I rotate it so the ball sits under the hood on top of my clit cycling gets me off. If I have the ball on the outside then it is easily ignorable and can barely feel it unless I consciously concentrate on the sensation"

I quite looking forward to it now

Thanks x

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

"

Oh man, that reminds me of that video of the chap who has a Gopro facing behind him and goes out cycling with his bollocks hanging down through a hole in his shorts and his seat, with some sort of stretching/weight thing to make them really hang low. The faces of people when they realise that the person cycling in front has his knackers swinging free is, I'm sorry to say, hilarious.

your dreams

Oh man, that reminds me of that video of the chap who has a Gopro facing behind him and goes out cycling with his bollocks hanging down through a hole in his shorts and his seat, with some sort of stretching/weight thing to make them really hang low. The faces of people when they realise that the person cycling in front has his knackers swinging free is, I'm sorry to say, hilarious."

Goes off to google it lol

Should be fine with a little adjustment of seat angle, might be a good excuse to get a bike fit done if you haven't already.

There are a few womens saddles, I think Specialized do one, with sloted nose sections designed to take pressure off the labia. But ultimatley its personal preference. Fabric do one with a chanel that runs the whole length for pressure relief, not got that one but ride the Swoop Radius and its really comfy.

If you do decide to head down the recumbent cycling route they have been my favoured bikes for years

By *redtheceltMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

I am a (male) cyclist and cover many thousands of road miles per year. If your clit hood caused rubbing on your saddle, you would have major trouble (or excitement) with or without a (beautiful) vch. I think it should be way above any contact point with the saddle. And yes, the hollowed out saddles are most useful for men who suffer numbness etc in the perineum area (for some), ie between generals and ass... For what it’s worth, I think vch piercings are beautiful.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

As the others have said, let the wound heal, then if you can get a saddle fit. As the width of the saddle must match the width of your sit bones.

This is crucial as, a good fitting saddle with not cause any pain. A cut out groove is best discussed at the time of fitting, as not everybody is as flexible as the next person. This means, when you lean forward, the pressure points move forward too.

So like good shoes and a decent prescription, a perfect match tailored to you will feel amazing.

How do you measure your sit bones? Just sit on a thick black sponge, similar to a computer wrist rest. After 30 seconds or so, the indentations can be measured, then you can discuss your saddle options.

A good saddle can cost from £25, so when properly adjusted, height, tilt and fore/aft position, you'll be feeling great.

Specialized are the best brand to go for as they really do a good job at clothing, saddle and gloves, all for a great price.

Undies are not needed, when you have proper cycling shorts. roadies use Lycra, Mountain bikers use the wider baggy shorts options.

» Add a new message to this topic