FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > mobile phone numbers

mobile phone numbers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Am newish on here, and finding that am all too often using the block button as people expect me to give them my mobile number after talking to them on fab after 6 or 7 emails. Am I being unreasonable not giving it out to them,unreasonable blocking them or do you think I should reply and say no.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

if you dont want to give your number out dont, if you get blocked etc for not giving it out then move on and forget about him/her

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As a newby just remember that the only "rules" you need to abide by are your rules.

If you want to block, do it, if you don't want to give your number out then don't.

As a single lady, you hold all the aces in this game.

Play it how it suits you, and fuck everybody else, or don't if you choose not too

thanks guys I kinda new the answer but didnt want to be too harsh!!

"thanks guys I kinda new the answer but didnt want to be too harsh!!"
not harsh what so ever

wont give it until am sure myself its genuine

thank you. xx

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

You do what you feel comfortable with...if you don't want to give out your number, then don't!

We are very particular about who we give our number to as it's my (Mrs) personal mobile.

I know we should probably get a 'sex phone' but can't be bothered lol

Don't worry about being too harsh.... you do whatever feels right for YOU. There's no rush..... there will still be people looking for single girs next week/month/year.

A 'playphone' is a good idea though .... if you decide to give someone a phone number, make it a cheap throw-away phone. That way, you're in control of WHEN it's switched on, and if you later regret giving out your number to someone, you can just bin the phone and get another.

Good luck, and happy swinging!

give u number out when you ready no rules here says u have to give them out ....do it when you r ready .

put it on you profile you dnt give it out then understand when they mail you .

"Am newish on here, and finding that am all too often using the block button as people expect me to give them my mobile number after talking to them on fab after 6 or 7 emails. Am I being unreasonable not giving it out to them,unreasonable blocking them or do you think I should reply and say no."

I have to say I ask for a call quite early... and I won't meet at all without having spoken on The phone.

Katie x

Dont give out your number unless you want to speak with them!

And generally thats just before you due to meet.

We also give the advise of having a "scene phone" or "play phone" whereby you have a phone or sim just for giving your number out to pervs

We have one, and it's only ever turned on when we are going to expect a phone call, or out on a meet.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

If i were a single woman i would be very wary of who got my number.As it is i give it to anyone we are definatly going to meet,partly so we can confirm we are genuine,partly cos of where we live!

(banjo country )

That is irrelevent in one respect ,use the site in a way that you feel safe and comfortable with.

Hi, we are a couple and we do not give out phone numbers until we can trust who we are meeting. We tend to meet people at clubs now for a first meet so it has been easier for us, but only after that first meet will we exchange numbers. You are being sensible.

agree not sending my number out or asking for numbers. but ive had some who seem to think its ok not to give contact details out and expect a meet to take place- like turn up here or their...without a number to call when ur heading off or ur at the destination!!!

Maybe another idea would be to get a second sim/naughty phone

We only give out my hubbys mobile number and only if we decided to meet up.

We dont often meet at ours and try not to give out too many details of where we live/work - maybe we are too careful but dont want to risk anything .....

this is why i have a fab phone so i can give it out and turn it on when i need it , saves alot of hassle

one downside is i now have 3 phones lol

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

The other way is to ask them for their number and you ring them putting 141 in front of the number when dialling. This witholds your number from them.

Personally I don't see why the question needs to be asked. OP you are asking a group of strangers whether you should give another group of strangers your contact details: doesn't that sound daft?!!

"Personally I don't see why the question needs to be asked. OP you are asking a group of strangers whether you should give another group of strangers your contact details: doesn't that sound daft?!!

"

for advice??????????,why does anyone ask anyone for help here?????...possibly for the fact some of us like to help????- I'd remember a reason some reason why people are finding forums snappy and really hard to get into....and HOw do we know whos a stranger of another here????

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

for advice??????????,why does anyone ask anyone for help here?????...possibly for the fact some of us like to help????- I'd remember a reason some reason why people are finding forums snappy and really hard to get into....and HOw do we know whos a stranger of another here????"

no offence... but i do see BOTH sides here.... so was there any reason to have a go at a person who in effect is using " basic common sense"

jesus... your way is not the only way!!!

I don't see how attacking people helps and the shouty atitude i am sure pisses people off....

unless its to show people "wow look how good i am"....

========================================

and now to the actual post

To the OP... do it whatever you feel is best, taking in mind you own security and in effect what sassy was saying "basic common sense"

in the end you can only go at the speed of the slowest person... and if you feel you are being rushed into giving out information that you are not happy with... then don't

"basic common sense"....

if they block you... then treat it like water off a ducks back! and I am sure that there are people out there that will go at the same speed that you like to....

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"The other way is to ask them for their number and you ring them putting 141 in front of the number when dialling. This witholds your number from them.

"

does that work even with mobiles?

sod em! who cares lol

"

for advice??????????,why does anyone ask anyone for help here?????...possibly for the fact some of us like to help????- I'd remember a reason some reason why people are finding forums snappy and really hard to get into....and HOw do we know whos a stranger of another here????

no offence... but i do see BOTH sides here.... so was there any reason to have a go at a person who in effect is using " basic common sense"

jesus... your way is not the only way!!!

I don't see how attacking people helps and the shouty atitude i am sure pisses people off....

unless its to show people "wow look how good i am"....

========================================

and now to the actual post

To the OP... do it whatever you feel is best, taking in mind you own security and in effect what sassy was saying "basic common sense"

in the end you can only go at the speed of the slowest person... and if you feel you are being rushed into giving out information that you are not happy with... then don't

"basic common sense"....

if they block you... then treat it like water off a ducks back! and I am sure that there are people out there that will go at the same speed that you like to...."

Thank you Fabio: exactly!

The other day someone went to their GP with a problem, went to the pharmacist and filled his prescription, ignored the health professionals and posted asking for medical advice on his problem in the forums!

I waiting for the day to read a thread from someone asking for advice on what they should do as their house is full of smoke, they can hear their fire alarms going off and it's getting a bit warm around their nether regions!

Whatever happened to common sense and free will. If something doesn't feel right to YOU why ask what others think. If we said give your number with the first message would the OP?!!

maybe if some came across as more helpful than judgemental on the persons level of common sense it would help, maybe ive got it wrong and ur trying to be helpful...seems more likely u arent and just being pedantic, its a general theme running across many a forum thread. so we now attack someone for havin a low amount of common sense.....fuckin ell.....instant judgement!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"maybe if some came across as more helpful than judgemental on the persons level of common sense it would help, maybe ive got it wrong and ur trying to be helpful...seems more likely u arent and just being pedantic, its a general theme running across many a forum thread. so we now attack someone for havin a low amount of common sense.....fuckin ell.....instant judgement!"

the only person making an instant judgement in the post above is the person you are looking at in the mirror... you can be calm and rational... or you can fly off the handle....

calm and rational will always get any point you make across better...

in the days when we here about women being murdered and assulted from people they have met thru sites like this, thru dating sites and social networking sites.... any safety measures you take are "basic common sense".... especially for single women.....

and i think that is what "ranting single men" forget at times....

me... i'm 6ft 2, built like a brick shithouse, and lived in london and new york, I think i am "real worldly" smart enough that I can look after myself...

I understand that not everyone else is going to be the same... and that is where "basic common sense" has to come in.... combined with a certain amount of trust......

Heres my secret. Now I have a samsung phone for fabs so can block phone numbers not into endless emails would rather make contact and have a chat and see if there is a spark if they are not for me then I say so and block them n the phone.

Re comments on Common Sense.

There is no real thing as basic common sense - basic is different to everyone.

What one persons basic may be another persons difficulty.

Everyone like to be reassured or gauge others opinions - so that's why simplistic questions (in other peoples eyes) are asked.

In this case, this is what the thread starter was doing - being reassured on what they thought was right and seeking opinions of others in the process.

"Re comments on Common Sense.

There is no real thing as basic common sense - basic is different to everyone.

What one persons basic may be another persons difficulty.

Everyone like to be reassured or gauge others opinions - so that's why simplistic questions (in other peoples eyes) are asked.

In this case, this is what the thread starter was doing - being reassured on what they thought was right and seeking opinions of others in the process."

well thats entirely agreed

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

I would buy another mobile. Just get a cheap crap one for about £10. Then get a pay as you go sim card. Use that phone for swinging only. Then if you meet anybody who gets annoying or arsey just change the pay as you go sim.

"I would buy another mobile. Just get a cheap crap one for about £10. Then get a pay as you go sim card. Use that phone for swinging only. Then if you meet anybody who gets annoying or arsey just change the pay as you go sim. "

Pay cash for the phone and the sim. Top up using cash only.

i have found giving the mobile number out lets people waste your time.

they will just want to text or you never hear from them.

i got one on here who texts now and then and says she hasnt got time to meet.

but she has new verifs so i dont bother anymore and deleted her number so i cannot get in touch.

only give the number out when you have planned to meet. they do not need it for anything else.

"i have found giving the mobile number out lets people waste your time.

they will just want to text or you never hear from them.

i got one on here who texts now and then and says she hasnt got time to meet.

but she has new verifs so i dont bother anymore and deleted her number so i cannot get in touch.

only give the number out when you have planned to meet. they do not need it for anything else."

See for me that wouldnt work.. but I do have a phone just for swinging.. ( although regulars get my real one eventually)

I wont even meet socially without a call.. I wont give my number out first either... So if they dont want to give me there number then I dont meet. Its just what works for you thats best.

I will however always tell someone if I dont think it will go any further..and some dont even make it to meeting after the phone call.. wrong accent or poor attitude.. or wrong comments..

In swinging there is only one thing I think that should be a rule.

Do what is right and works for you.... bugger if its what everyone else thinks..

Katie.x

» Add a new message to this topic