FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Manners Cost Nothing

Manners Cost Nothing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know this is a swingers site but really!! since I've been on here I've had time wasting guys with straight on there profile, message me and arrange a meeting and not turn up. Others send loads of emails wanting to know what they will get from me, I suppose they are wanking and have no intention of meeting.I'm easy going each to their own but it's not my thing.

Today I sent a nice message to a guy with bi on his profile and he didn't reply just blocked.

I get loads of offers not all are my type but I have the manners and guts to say no thanks.

Sorry for the rant I'm just gonna keep away from ""straight guys"" from now on.And bi guys will have to prove they are real and not scared fantasist x

Haha I think that's it xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Read the FAQ's about no replies to messages, the rest you will have to use your radar for.

"Read the FAQ's about no replies to messages, the rest you will have to use your radar for."

Yeah that's a fair point about the replies. It's just a small niggle.

But do you think spending hours arranging a meeting with a guy then he don't turn up is okay ?

Thanks for your reply

By *edonistic ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Stratford

You'd possibly fare better on Fabguys...

"You'd possibly fare better on Fabguys... "

Lol been on there but even more time wasters on there.

Don't get me wrong this is a good site meet a couple of nice guys but so much time wasted.

I think my profile is pretty honest x

By *st timers 2012Couple  over a year ago

helmsdale

Try fab guys

Still time wasters on there though.

We find if someone sends loads of mesages saying what they want to do they rarely actually meet

As you said they are prob tugging one off to the fantasy and lose their bottle one they have shot their load

"Try fab guys

Still time wasters on there though.

We find if someone sends loads of mesages saying what they want to do they rarely actually meet

As you said they are prob tugging one off to the fantasy and lose their bottle one they have shot their load

"

Yes I think you are right.

Asking all the details of what you are going to do to them sounds like a wanker lol maybe I'll say wait and see

I'm on grindr but it's not to safe now so hardly meet anyone from there.

I'm not slagging this site off it's great only the time wasters xx

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Let's start a new site:"GENUINE FAB SWINGERS" no that wouldn't work either.I've got 97 time waster names in my black book

"Let's start a new site:"GENUINE FAB SWINGERS" no that wouldn't work either.I've got 97 time waster names in my black book"

Haha funny

This is my first forum post it's just a bit of fun.

Don't take things seriously but have to vent sometimes xx

London

"Read the FAQ's about no replies to messages, the rest you will have to use your radar for.

Yeah that's a fair point about the replies. It's just a small niggle.

But do you think spending hours arranging a meeting with a guy then he don't turn up is okay ?

Thanks for your reply "

If that happens, report to admin and then block.

"Let's start a new site:"GENUINE FAB SWINGERS" no that wouldn't work either.I've got 97 time waster names in my black book"

And don't get me started on the photos lol

One guy turned up and it wasn't even him in the pic it was his friend !!!!!!!!! His answer was "I wanted to be discrete" haha really.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Let's start a new site:"GENUINE FAB SWINGERS" no that wouldn't work either.I've got 97 time waster names in my black book

One guy turned up and it wasn't even him in the pic it was his friend !!!!!!!!! His answer was "I wanted to be discrete" haha really. "

That made me laugh if you'd known you could have sent someone else.

If people arrange a meet and don't turn up then report them. If you arrange to meet anyone in a cafe then you can have a coffee and leave if they don't turn up. Don't let them waste your time.

"Let's start a new site:"GENUINE FAB SWINGERS" no that wouldn't work either.I've got 97 time waster names in my black book

One guy turned up and it wasn't even him in the pic it was his friend !!!!!!!!! His answer was "I wanted to be discrete" haha really.

That made me laugh if you'd known you could have sent someone else.

If people arrange a meet and don't turn up then report them. If you arrange to meet anyone in a cafe then you can have a coffee and leave if they don't turn up. Don't let them waste your time. "

Yeah but if you have read my profile what I'm looking for is something different.

So I have arrange the meet at my home.

I have loads of paying regular no extras clients so in my free fun time I like to meet muscle guys which is my fetish x

By *ikki ShooterTV/TS  over a year ago

Epsom

"You'd possibly fare better on Fabguys... "

No chance.... They don't have forums like this.... You have to go hunting for them..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Being nice and courteous costs nothing. Some are just assholes all the time

"Being nice and courteous costs nothing. Some are just assholes all the time"

I agree mate it take seconds to reply.

Not replying, deleting message or blocking to let someone know they are not interested is just lazy and no manners

London

"Being nice and courteous costs nothing. Some are just assholes all the time

Not replying, deleting message or blocking to let someone know they are not interested is just lazy and no manners "

Actually, it not. Read the FAQ's.

Brighton - even Hove!

Manners cost in time.

Not replying, deleting message or blocking to let someone know they are not interested is just lazy and no manners "

Not reading the FAQ of a site is lazy. Not replying to crap messages is not.

Not replying, deleting message or blocking to let someone know they are not interested is just lazy and no manners

Not reading the FAQ of a site is lazy. Not replying to crap messages is not."

I have read the FAQ and now see that maybe if you get 100s of unwanted messages it would be difficult to reply to them all.

But then again you could filter them.

This is just the way I was brought up even though this is a sex site I'm compelled to reply even to crappy messages ??

I have read the FAQ and now see that maybe if you get 100s of unwanted messages it would be difficult to reply to them all.

This is just the way I was brought up even though this is a sex site I'm compelled to reply even to crappy messages ??

"

Well you carry on doing that and the rest of us will run our profiles how we see fit.

Well you carry on doing that and the rest of us will run our profiles how we see fit. "

Hey Strawberry Treat this my first post it was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek sorry if it offended you xx

London

"

Most of us understand the meaning of manners, you have not had some special upbringing that we haven't.

Men who insist on having their inboxes filled up with 'no thanks' messages and then moan about being turned down turn up on the forums and moan about that too.

Well you carry on doing that and the rest of us will run our profiles how we see fit.

Hey Strawberry Treat this my first post it was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek sorry if it offended you xx

"

Not offended me at all

By *jxxxxCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Truth is you're never gonna please everyone. Don't answer, people get upset. Say no thanks, people get upset.

My rule is, you send a nice 'normal' message maybe with a pic and have appeared to read our profile, I'll respond in a polite manner either way.

You can only treat people the way you would want to be treated yourself, go with your gut instinct on people, treat fab for what it is (a free no barrier to sign up Internet sex site) and block the wankers!

Peace out people....be nice to each other xx

Brighton - even Hove!

I don't bloody answer the drones. If they are too thick or ignorant to read my profile and match what I'm looking for then why should I bother replying to their one line shitty message?

Most of us understand the meaning of manners, you have not had some special upbringing that we haven't.

Men who insist on having their inboxes filled up with 'no thanks' messages and then moan about being turned down turn up on the forums and moan about that too."

Sorry everyone who I've upset wasn't my intention.

The really thing in my post was the "straight" guys messaging me arranging a meet and not turning up.

This is a swingers site with different rules. I will accept them and use them myself.

Cheers Sam x

London

Men who insist on having their inboxes filled up with 'no thanks' messages and then moan about being turned down turn up on the forums and moan about that too.

The really thing in my post was the "straight" guys messaging me arranging a meet and not turning up.

This is a swingers site with different rules. I will accept them and use them myself.

Cheers Sam x

"

Straight guys message women and sometimes don't turn up either.

Cheers Sam x

Straight guys message women and sometimes don't turn up either."

I'm sure they do and probably more.

I was just sharing my experience.

By *heBlueEyedBBWWoman  over a year ago

Berkshire

A block is a simple no thanks I'm not interested in wasting your time. The cost of manners on here is time in replying to so many with a no thanks.

Block cuts in dead in the water a brilliant solution saves getting into but why or abuse for not being interested.

"A block is a simple no thanks I'm not interested in wasting your time. The cost of manners on here is time in replying to so many with a no thanks.

Block cuts in dead in the water a brilliant solution saves getting into but why or abuse for not being interested.

"

Thank you point taken maybe I was being a touchy tart in that respect.

But not about the guys not turning up.

Sam x

Not turning up to an arranged meet is totally unacceptable IMO. We would never cancel once an arrangement is made (unless one of us is sick or there is a genuine emergency), and we have little tolerance for it happening to us. The way we manage this is to only mix with people who have similar standards of reliability as ourselves. With regards to answering messages, that's a bit more difficult to maintain the same standards of manners that we would in regular life. With filtering and the way we've worded our profile we've got our messages down to about 1 message a day. Many would say not a big deal to reply to 1 a day. But when you have to do that everyday, it gets very boring sending out the same rejection message 365 days a year. And last weekend I politely replied to 2 men. Both sucked me into a conversation, and in my quest for so-called 'politeness costing nothing', I found it hard to politely get away. 3 hours later I eventually ignored. It would have been better if I had ignored and deleted in the first place. Although one of them thanked more for being so nice and chatting with him. That's all very well, but that's not why we joined Fab. I think politeness does cost.

Mrs

By *heBlueEyedBBWWoman  over a year ago

Berkshire

"A block is a simple no thanks I'm not interested in wasting your time. The cost of manners on here is time in replying to so many with a no thanks.

Sam x "

Someone not turning If a time & location arranged and no communication etc saying cold feet or just can't make it I definitely understand someone have a rant-able moment

Sam x

Someone not turning If a time & location arranged and no communication etc saying cold feet or just can't make it I definitely understand someone have a rant-able moment "

Like I said earlier it was a bit of a tongue in cheek rant.

I'm not a serious person and like a laugh.

Made my profile as honest as possible to save time but it's not working lol x

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Yeah that's a fair point about the replies. It's just a small niggle.

Thanks for your reply "

Small niggle, big thread post though.

As for men not turning up I can't imagine what that would be like. Seeing as they always turn up for women and couples

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Like I said earlier it was a bit of a tongue in cheek rant. "

And here comes the backtrack....

A rant is a rant and ranty people rant

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

I try and stay clear from the "straight" guys too OP. nightmare I know.

"Like I said earlier it was a bit of a tongue in cheek rant.

And here comes the backtrack....

A rant is a rant and ranty people rant "

Oh shit I don't know what I'm doing now lol ????

"I try and stay clear from the "straight" guys too OP. nightmare I know."

Yeah mate maybe we should call them CAN'T MAKE THEIR MINDS UP GUYS LOL X

And OP, stay away from anyone in the forum who 'know it all!'

It's annoying but part and parcel of the lowest common denominator on an open site

Thank you x

Thanks all for posting in my first forum post it's been interesting and educational

Have a good Christmas

Sam xx

If you're a gay/bi guy messaging "straight" guys then what do you expect. Regardless, I'm a stickler for good manners and etiquette etc, but that's not to mean you can expect or demand a response.

"If you're a gay/bi guy messaging "straight" guys then what do you expect. Regardless, I'm a stickler for good manners and etiquette etc, but that's not to mean you can expect or demand a response. "

He said they message him

"If you're a gay/bi guy messaging "straight" guys then what do you expect. Regardless, I'm a stickler for good manners and etiquette etc, but that's not to mean you can expect or demand a response.

He said they message him"

Hey Hot Betty

Yes thanks for remembering my beginning thread.

Mostly they message me asking for a free massage and I always reply even if they are not what I'm looking for. Even though it's clear on my profile.

I do message bi guys and maybe wink at a few straight guys.

Really what I'm complaining about is when I reply to someone who is my type spend hours talking then they just stop.

Made arrangements to meet with couple of guys on here and they didn't turn up !! That's what I'm really pissed off about.

Lol but even that is not really pissed off as its a swingers site.

Sam xx

"If you're a gay/bi guy messaging "straight" guys then what do you expect. Regardless, I'm a stickler for good manners and etiquette etc, but that's not to mean you can expect or demand a response. "

It's a strange world DogHouse as 75% of the message I receive are from straight men

So does that mean I should not reply to them ??

"If you're a gay/bi guy messaging "straight" guys then what do you expect. Regardless, I'm a stickler for good manners and etiquette etc, but that's not to mean you can expect or demand a response.

He said they message him

Hey Hot Betty

Mostly they message me asking for a free massage and I always reply even if they are not what I'm looking for. Even though it's clear on my profile.

Really what I'm complaining about is when I reply to someone who is my type spend hours talking then they just stop.

Made arrangements to meet with couple of guys on here and they didn't turn up !! That's what I'm really pissed off about.

Sam xx "

If you spend hours talking to them and they just stop they've probably got what they want from you...and theyre no longer interested...if this happens a lotand leaves you feeling frustrated with them or the site, maybe you should consider your approach? if the chat does it for them and not you, stop chatting, if you'd rather get them off on person than in chat, don't fall into the habit of doing something that is ultimately not what you're looking for...

He said they message him

Hey Hot Betty

Sam xx

If you spend hours talking to them and they just stop they've probably got what they want from you...and theyre no longer interested...if this happens a lotand leaves you feeling frustrated with them or the site, maybe you should consider your approach? if the chat does it for them and not you, stop chatting, if you'd rather get them off on person than in chat, don't fall into the habit of doing something that is ultimately not what you're looking for..."

He said they message him

Hey Hot Betty

Sam xx

If you spend hours talking to them and they just stop they've probably got what they want from you...and theyre no longer interested...if this happens a lotand leaves you feeling frustrated with them or the site, maybe you should consider your approach? if the chat does it for them and not you, stop chatting, if you'd rather get them off on person than in chat, don't fall into the habit of doing something that is ultimately not what you're looking for...

"

He said they message him

Hey Hot Betty

Sam xx

"

Was meant to be cool xx

» Add a new message to this topic