FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Someone says they know me ?

Someone says they know me ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just had a message from a guy to say he knows me from work ??? And asked me to add him on what's app .. so I did as I was intrigued he then said hi ... and said my full name ??? I blocked him and he sent me a threatening message to say unblock me or else he will tell my work !!! He couldn't tell me where I work and said I ask too many questions! Has anyone else had this??? Shook me up a bit ... but I don't believe he's from my work but then how does he know my name

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"Just had a message from a guy to say he knows me from work ??? And asked me to add him on what's app .. so I did as I was intrigued he then said hi ... and said my full name ??? I blocked him and he sent me a threatening message to say unblock me or else he will tell my work !!! He couldn't tell me where I work and said I ask too many questions! Has anyone else had this??? Shook me up a bit ... but I don't believe he's from my work but then how does he know my name "

Sounds pretty scummy. Have been recognised once but not threatened.

Copy all your messages, save them offline.

Be prepared to call the police if he becomes a big worry.

Hopefully he will go away and get a new obsession.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Had local estate agent who is married

Find out my phone nr and where I used to live

Talk about being creepy

By *ougar_n_TILFCouple  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"Just had a message from a guy to say he knows me from work ??? And asked me to add him on what's app .. so I did as I was intrigued he then said hi ... and said my full name ??? I blocked him and he sent me a threatening message to say unblock me or else he will tell my work !!! He couldn't tell me where I work and said I ask too many questions! Has anyone else had this??? Shook me up a bit ... but I don't believe he's from my work but then how does he know my name "

Are any of your pictures used on facebook or Twitter also, if so he may have image searched them and got your name etc.

But as the previous poster said, save the texts and his number. Screenshot anything he sends on here and if it persists show the police.

"Just had a message from a guy to say he knows me from work ??? And asked me to add him on what's app .. so I did as I was intrigued he then said hi ... and said my full name ??? I blocked him and he sent me a threatening message to say unblock me or else he will tell my work !!! He couldn't tell me where I work and said I ask too many questions! Has anyone else had this??? Shook me up a bit ... but I don't believe he's from my work but then how does he know my name

Are any of your pictures used on facebook or Twitter also, if so he may have image searched them and got your name etc.

But as the previous poster said, save the texts and his number. Screenshot anything he sends on here and if it persists show the police.

"

. Yes I have done !! I'm assuming it's pretty easy to get someone's name ??? And he wouldn't say where I worked ? Got funny when I asked him !

Your first name appears in one of your verifications.

I think it is best never to put face pics on at all if privacy is an issue, which it is for me.

If you added him on whats app, does't your name and picture appears x

By *loppsyWoman  over a year ago

marlow

Is your name on WA? If it is it will show up on his phone even if he didn't have you saved as a contact to start with as soon as you send a message. X

By *otrockloverMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Avoid using whatsapp to chat offline with someone you don't know. Your whatsapp registered name will show up on message previews and you'll appear on FB suggested friends. Sounds like this guy was/is exploiting your lack of awareness of both, along with knowing your first name (via your veri).

Screenshot any threats and report here to admin. Hopefully he'll lose interest if you stop engaging. Good luck!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Is your phone number linked to your Facebook account and does your Facebook account have your full name on it?

As others have said keep a record of his messages.

In future only communicate on fab, it's easier to report creepy behaviour.

Cheap little android smart phone in Vodafone for £15 perfect for a fab phone, that way everything is seperate from day to day life

You can remove your phone number from your Facebook account ..

It makes things a lot easier as they can't link it with WhatsApp if you do

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

If you've accepted him on whats app he can probably see you on facebook, because they are linked, unless you've done the option in settings.

If they were linked, be careful. Look on FB and see what he can find out. That could be where he got the info. You can also see what else he might know.

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"Cheap little android smart phone in Vodafone for £15 perfect for a fab phone, that way everything is seperate from day to day life "

Sheffield

"Cheap little android smart phone in Vodafone for £15 perfect for a fab phone, that way everything is seperate from day to day life "

+1 we have a cheapo 'fab phone' , keeps the two worlds seperate x

By *outhsideguy25Man  over a year ago

EK

I've had a couple say that they knew me and were going to tell everyone. I reminded them that they were on this site looking for the same thing I was, a good time. I'd just ignore it.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We sometimes have men say they've met us or been in contact via another site. I'm not sure what they hope to achieve but it isn't likely to result in a meet.

By *esirableduoCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Giving out your number will mean whoever saves it, they can synchronise their phones with social media apps like, Facebook/Instagram/snapchat & many more. We don't allow our social media apps on our phone to have access to contacts so we can be sure no one can link us to their accounts. If you go to your settings you can change this.

If the chap continues to threaten you. Go to the police. You got nothing to loose.

whatsapp joins on to Facebook when you add and u might have ur name on what's app too .go on Facebook and search contacts and ull see

By *ankedMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

I agree with above.

Save the messages and take to the police if it keeps happening.

I can't believe anyone would do this? What a hoofwanking bunglecunt.

I don't know you, but judging by your pics I wish I did

Maybe he got your full name from your phone number online. ( possibly via FB) You'd be surprised how much info you can glean from a number.

We use an old phone with a dedicated top up sim for arrangements and keep the number offline.

Dont think twice about calling the police though. I'd do it straight away.

Sara.

It's hard to believe that some people actually think that his sort of behaviour is acceptable. How desperate

"Just had a message from a guy to say he knows me from work ??? And asked me to add him on what's app .. so I did as I was intrigued he then said hi ... and said my full name ??? I blocked him and he sent me a threatening message to say unblock me or else he will tell my work !!! He couldn't tell me where I work and said I ask too many questions! Has anyone else had this??? Shook me up a bit ... but I don't believe he's from my work but then how does he know my name

Avoid using whatsapp to chat offline with someone you don't know. Your whatsapp registered name will show up on message previews and you'll appear on FB suggested friends. Sounds like this guy was/is exploiting your lack of awareness of both, along with knowing your first name (via your veri).

Screenshot any threats and report here to admin. Hopefully he'll lose interest if you stop engaging. Good luck!"

Bang on! I'd also warn him exactly what you intend to do if you hear one more peep out of the little creep!

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

Screenshot any threats and report here to admin. Hopefully he'll lose interest if you stop engaging. Good luck!

Bang on! I'd also warn him exactly what you intend to do if you hear one more peep out of the little creep! "

Use apps that don't rely on your phone number 'kik' is just one of a few.

Hope you have things sorted OP

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

Only give your number to people you know quite well. As others have said, if you have linked your social media accounts to your phone number they can use this to look you up.

Plenty of people I am not facebook friends with appear in my friends suggestions because I have their numbers.

Something that was quite worrying, I opened a Twitter account a couple of months ago. The email address I used was not connected to any social media sites and my PC had only 17 cookies on it, none related to social media. Yet as soon as I opened the Twitter account it suggested three friends...one an old school friend, another someone from the polyamory scene and a third from work.

Using a "fab Phone" is a good idea, though personally I don't go that far. Do ensure NONE of your fab photos appear as your profile pic or are available to non-friends on any social media sites because it is very easy to do a reverse image lookup.

He probably is just a nasty person who thinks it is "fun" to scare you. Do keep all the evidence because you have committed no offence by swinging....whereas he is breaking the law.

The problem isn't just this creepy guy......fb is a massive problem....invasive and creepy in the extreme!

Avoid using whatsapp to chat offline with someone you don't know. Your whatsapp registered name will show up on message

previews and you'll appear on FB suggested friends. Sounds like this guy was/is exploiting your lack of awareness of both, along with knowing your first name (via your veri).

Screenshot any threats and report here to admin. Hopefully he'll lose interest if you stop engaging. Good luck!"

Thanks it was my full name

"Only give your number to people you know quite well. As others have said, if you have linked your social media accounts to your phone number they can use this to look you up.

Plenty of people I am not facebook friends with appear in my friends suggestions because I have their numbers.

Something that was quite worrying, I opened a Twitter account a couple of months ago. The email address I used was not connected to any social media sites and my PC had only 17 cookies on it, none related to social media. Yet as soon as I opened the Twitter account it suggested three friends...one an old school friend, another someone from the polyamory scene and a third from work.

Using a "fab Phone" is a good idea, though personally I don't go that far. Do ensure NONE of your fab photos appear as your profile pic or are available to non-friends on any social media sites because it is very easy to do a reverse image lookup.

He probably is just a nasty person who thinks it is "fun" to scare you. Do keep all the evidence because you have committed no offence by swinging....whereas he is breaking the law."

thanks Hun I've kept it all

"Cheap little android smart phone in Vodafone for £15 perfect for a fab phone, that way everything is seperate from day to day life

+1 we have a cheapo 'fab phone' , keeps the two worlds seperate x"

Great idea Hun x

By *rinking-in-laCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Don't let nobodies like that cause you worry.

So they tell your boss. What does your boss care?

All it will do is make them look more and more pathetic. You will be fine.

Like others have said, save copies of the correspondence in case they get even more tedious then put your feet up and worry about people who matter and deserve your attention.

thanks guys !! It will be a link to face book I'm sure!! Just shook me up yesterday was really upset and annoyed all day xx all ok now normal service is resumed ! and anyway so what I'm a swinger ... it's not illegal !

Sheffield

"thanks guys !! It will be a link to face book I'm sure!! Just shook me up yesterday was really upset and annoyed all day xx all ok now normal service is resumed ! and anyway so what I'm a swinger ... it's not illegal !"

Glad you're feeling happier now xx

Well love,, I just think he's a fucking knob,, am from Huddersfield too ,, tell me his info and lets see if he likes it, can't stand stuff like this

"Well love,, I just think he's a fucking knob,, am from Huddersfield too ,, tell me his info and lets see if he likes it, can't stand stuff like this "

Are you going to assault him?

By *iReyWoman  over a year ago

Cheshire East

I had the same issue. Said they were someone I worked with ( theres only 11 of us in that store ) and that they couldn't beleive I was on here and that they found it sexy, telling me what they wanted to do to me and asking me to meet them, they knew my name and when I was/ wasn't in work so I'm pretty sure they were being honest. I kept asking for a face pic and who they were as it was only fair and they kept refusing. After a couple of weeks I just said I was putting in for a transfer to a different store as I couldn't work there knowing someone knows about me and won't reveal themselves and weirdly they then deleted their profile

By *meenaTV/TS  over a year ago

chesterfield

I was stalked by a guy which was very scary from this site

I actually moved house in the end thts how bad it was

By *urdazMan  over a year ago

Near Gainsborough

"I agree with above.

Save the messages and take to the police if it keeps happening.

I can't believe anyone would do this? What a hoofwanking bunglecunt.

I don't know you, but judging by your pics I wish I did"

I haven't heard that particular insult in ages, good skills sir!

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

This is why you should never give out your number ... kik ...etc .... what happens on fab ,stays on fab

thats why we use fab and fab only no phone no email and deffo no apps none of its safe even fab cant be 100% safe as people give out to much infomation

By *andyfloss7Couple  over a year ago

plymouth

yes had the same got the site we where on to sort it out had no problems since

I like my mrs being recongised

Tell him to get fuck & say i will tell everyone about you. If you don't stop it x

What I do now, is get the guy's number first, then look them up on Facebook through pulling your phone contacts through. As well as vetting them, I also block them so they can't find me before I WhatsApp them.

Solves it all, as I was recently still found on Facebook by someone, despite changing my phone number settings on Facebook. Must have been a glitch or a mutual friend, I don't know, but I don't want the risk of it happening again.

Change your name on WhatsApp too, so they can't work out your full name.

Tell that guy to fuck off OP. Pretty sure your work would do nothing anyway and this guy has been stupid enough to put his cyber crime in writing, so he's broken the law already. Tell him you have enough evidence to get him banged up in jail.

By *heBlackPantherCouple  over a year ago

Guilford

Our profiles are shared on Google. So even if you block him, he can find you on there. All he needs is your username. If you don't want your profile to be shared on Google go on Accounts, private settings and find search engines. You can hide it but might take a few weeks.

Never share any facebook/twitter/etc on here.

» Add a new message to this topic