FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Taking no for an answer

Taking no for an answer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was recently chatting with a couple and initially they seemed my type but then when more pictures were exchanged I realised they weren't as attractive as I thought. I messaged them to let them know I'd changed my mind and tried to do so tactfully and sensitively but I am now getting messages demanding an explanation!

Surely site users must expect this?? People can change their minds... anyone else with similar experiences or advice on how to let people down tactfully? I've now blocked them x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People change their minds all the time, no-one should demand anything from another person on here. We had a couple cancel a meet with us because I said that I wouldn't have her partners cum in my mouth!

By *ust Ms LovinWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

See the thing is with pictures and women prob more than men we know our angles so we take pics to ensure we look the best we can ...

We have been chatting to couples we thought were attractive but very quickly realised how clever pictures can be ...

We always ask for face pictures first some people don't want to send them straight away but we don't want our time wasted we have ours avalible in friends and happy to send them straight away and only ask the same in return and also happy to come on cam ...

That being said we have met people based on cam and pictures and they still looked completely different in real life ...

You are entitled to change your mind at anytime even if that's during a meet

Use your block button that's what it's there for ...

People just desperate once they got a single girls instrested they don't want to lose her

We never take one for the team been there done that and learnt from it .. never again !!!

Surely swinging is initially about the sex and sexual attraction is what leads to a meet if it's not there just from pics then it's not gonna go anywhere

Keep doing. What you doing least you honest and not just blocked without an explanation

Happy swinging

By *orny billingham bangersCouple  over a year ago

billingham

You would think any normal person would have took the hint. If we had organised a meet and the other person had changed there mind I think we would have been greatful if they let us down gently like you have explained.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"I was recently chatting with a couple and initially they seemed my type but then when more pictures were exchanged I realised they weren't as attractive as I thought. I messaged them to let them know I'd changed my mind and tried to do so tactfully and sensitively but I am now getting messages demanding an explanation!

Surely site users must expect this?? People can change their minds... anyone else with similar experiences or advice on how to let people down tactfully? I've now blocked them x"

Tact, forum? Hope they are reading this....

By *orny billingham bangersCouple  over a year ago

billingham

"People change their minds all the time, no-one should demand anything from another person on here. We had a couple cancel a meet with us because I said that I wouldn't have her partners cum in my mouth! "

Couples like that wind me right up. More and more people on here don't respect others boundaries. It's there loss at the end of the day really

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

They were trying to persuade me to meet in person as that might make all the difference. I don't see the point t in wasting people's time if you're not feeling that initial spark. We're both busy with young children. I was very tempted to block without explanation but I'm too polite!

I naively thought couples would be more grown up about this sort of thing...

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I give 1 no thanks or sorry but we won't be meeting then ignore them, if they start getting stroppy or demanding a reason why then I tell them, honestly and with no frills. Very bluntly and to the point, they don't appreciate it but then they shouldn't have continued badgering me after I politely told them no, if they had left it at that then they wouldn't have had their feelings hurt.

I had an interesting one yesterday along these lines.

A woman messaged me and essentially said that we would not be compatible (she didn't use those words) due to something I have stated on my profile, which amounts to a personal preference / ethics.

I responded politely thanking her for her message.

I then got questioned by her to the n'th degree over this 'choice' and was accused of not being broad-minded enough and eventually she resorted to insulting me.

"I give 1 no thanks or sorry but we won't be meeting then ignore them, if they start getting stroppy or demanding a reason why then I tell them, honestly and with no frills. Very bluntly and to the point, they don't appreciate it but then they shouldn't have continued badgering me after I politely told them no, if they had left it at that then they wouldn't have had their feelings hurt."

Have to agree with the above, kids ask why why why, and this is an adults site where a bit of common sense should be adopted by all that use it,

Don't understand why people can't just accept things and move on, so as the quote above said if they persist tell them straight the truth may hurt but they wanted it, after that if they get arsy just block

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Do they really think that doing that would help in any way?

Only solution is to block them.

Just move on , plenty of other nice, non-pushy couples about.

"I was recently chatting with a couple and initially they seemed my type but then when more pictures were exchanged I realised they weren't as attractive as I thought. I messaged them to let them know I'd changed my mind and tried to do so tactfully and sensitively but I am now getting messages demanding an explanation!

Surely site users must expect this?? People can change their minds... anyone else with

similar experiences or advice on how to let people down tactfully? I've now blocked them x"

Tell them to jog on man!

Desperate donuts

Jojo xx

Found ourselves in the same situation with a single guy . After the sorry no thanks message we got a mouthful about Mr being jealous etc . When I explained that I (Mes) respond to all messages he proceeded to tell me I should get to a gym

Mrs not Mes

» Add a new message to this topic