FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Japanese Rope Art

Japanese Rope Art

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *TFSeventy OP   Man  over a year ago

Weybridge

Hi all, I'm looking to experiment in this art. I consider myself pretty useful with knots and as a starter I'm after advice on what sort of rope is best to use. Or if someone could point me to a website as a guide it will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Want to find out too xx

By *eerobCouple  over a year ago

solihull

"Hi all, I'm looking to experiment in this art. I consider myself pretty useful with knots and as a starter I'm after advice on what sort of rope is best to use. Or if someone could point me to a website as a guide it will be much appreciated.

Thanks"

Knot too sure we're you could get this advice either;-)

Most people like a soft rope for this. Its called shibari...try searching for that and you find a huge amount online. There are some books available as well....as well as workshops you can attend.

Try the f et I ife dot c0m site and type Shibari into the search box (personally I find shrink wrap, duct tape and cable ties less time consuming)

By *rs DCouple  over a year ago

far

"Try the f et I ife dot c0m site and type Shibari into the search box (personally I find shrink wrap, duct tape and cable ties less time consuming)"
very nice sexy pics btw

"Try the f et I ife dot c0m site and type Shibari into the search box (personally I find shrink wrap, duct tape and cable ties less time consuming) very nice sexy pics btw "
love your igloo! Lol

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"Hi all, I'm looking to experiment in this art. I consider myself pretty useful with knots and as a starter I'm after advice on what sort of rope is best to use. Or if someone could point me to a website as a guide it will be much appreciated.

Thanks"

people use different types of ropes for different effects, i found this out at a munch, great places to go to chat about stuff. a lot of people do use the shibari rope, but people use thinner rope for some things and thicker for others including suspension...research, im sure once you are into it, you'll learn more and more x

Weybridge

[Removed by poster at 22/12/16 16:15:05]

Weybridge

Thanks

Knot too sure we're you could get this advice either;-)"

I see what you've done there ??

Weybridge

"Most people like a soft rope for this. Its called shibari...try searching for that and you find a huge amount online. There are some books available as well....as well as workshops you can attend.

"

Thanks

Weybridge

"Try the f et I ife dot c0m site and type Shibari into the search box (personally I find shrink wrap, duct tape and cable ties less time consuming)"

Thanks have just signed up now,good forum discussions specific to this

"Try the f et I ife dot c0m site and type Shibari into the search box (personally I find shrink wrap, duct tape and cable ties less time consuming)

Thanks have just signed up now,good forum discussions specific to this "

I also see rope classes being advertised on there as well aimed for everyone from novices to advanced, also plenty of videos online for guides I found pretty easy to follow

G

Weybridge

Thankspeople use different types of ropes for different effects, i found this out at a munch, great places to go to chat about stuff. a lot of people do use the shibari rope, but people use thinner rope for some things and thicker for others including suspension...research, im sure once you are into it, you'll learn more and more x"

Thanks for the advice Suzi, I'll keep looking and learning and look forward to all that's to come x

Before you buy anything or tie anyone up you should head along to a Peer Rope Group. There's probably one in a city near you. There you can get advice on safety, try out different types of rope, and meet people into the same things as you!

By *armersWoman  over a year ago

castle bromwich

But it's all about the time and sensory execution of the art that's just as pleasuring

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

also have alook at the two knotty boys videos and books lots og good advice on there . and agree about getting along to peer ropeworkshops and munches best learning experiance is hands on .

also have alook at B&Q (not knpwn as bondage quatermasters for nothing )lots of different types and styles of rope look at cotton and stay well away from nylon

Weybridge

Thanks everyone, really amazed about all the good advise.

By *ndykinkyMan  over a year ago

STOKE-ON-TRENT

Look out for your local Rope Jam

Weybridge

"also have alook at the two knotty boys videos and books lots og good advice on there . and agree about getting along to peer ropeworkshops and munches best learning experiance is hands on .

also have alook at B&Q (not knpwn as bondage quatermasters for nothing )lots of different types and styles of rope look at cotton and stay well away from nylon "

Thanks have looked at a few knotty boys videos. Cotton seems to be advised for beginners.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

I think it's great, just be careful of nerve meridians and blood vessels.

Can look stunning..

Weybridge

"I think it's great, just be careful of nerve meridians and blood vessels.

Can look stunning.."

Will be looking attune safety aspects of this beautiful art from too

By *rs DCouple  over a year ago

far

"Try the f et I ife dot c0m site and type Shibari into the search box (personally I find shrink wrap, duct tape and cable ties less time consuming) very nice sexy pics btw love your igloo! Lol"
was quickest shag we ever had in it was freezing lol xx

Few minutes of reading I've gathered so much information. Wow... you lot are amazing. Thanks.

We have been to some fetish events with rope demonstrations, very friendly most had people on hand to show beginners how to get started and share their experience. These events have been held at fetish nights at swingers clubs - ask the clubs near you if they have any fetish events coming up

By *arlee72Couple  over a year ago

Ewell

Traditionally it's jute or hemp rope which can be treated to soften it. At moment we're using cotton and some type of artificial silk but will probably buy some jute ropes soon.

For anyone in London there's a dedicated rope studio in Peckham called Anatomie. Haven't tried it yet but hoping to get to one of their beginners all day sessions in 2017.

I once swallowed a couple of bits of string.

I shit you knot.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

As you were.

By *uietlyBohemianCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Agree with getting along to a rope jam - lovely and enthusiastic people who will help you whether you know some already, or you're a complete novice.

(Still novices here, but having fun practising!)

» Add a new message to this topic