FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > When someone recognises you in public ...

When someone recognises you in public ...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do you do ??

The guy knows what car I drive.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them ??

Slightly worried ...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * Kiwis and a BananaMan  over a year ago

Part of your 5 a day

Seems a bit stalkish if you ask me...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What do you do ??

Slightly worried ... "

that's just creepy

how does he know its you??

deny it. remove face pics. maybe delete profile and make a new one

tell the police if he causes problems

He says he recognised me

I've been careful with whom I share face pics

he could be bluffing. ignore him

Have you ever had face pics public? He maybe just after a reaction. I've had a few weird ones today but called them out on their bullshit.

"Have you ever had face pics public? He maybe just after a reaction. I've had a few weird ones today but called them out on their bullshit."

No he knew the colour and make of car and where I was

By *howdown1Man  over a year ago

Wellingborough

whats the fuss. we are all adults. we know the pitfalls. just shruck your shoulders. thats life!

What so someone you know has seen you at meeting places , or someone you met sees you out in public, and you know they have recognisedd you, well its too late to don a false moutache and buy a broadsheet to hide behind, a smile or a nod just acknowledges their observation, , if you pretend it hasnt happened that is all yoyr doing, pretending, , if its someone you believe may divulge your lifestyle choices to others , then wait and see, if he /she does anything other than mind their own business , well whats to stop you from imparting a little information of your own, whatever your accused of , the person spreading this info seems to be in the invidious position of explaining how he came to witness you, ie , he /she was nearby at the same time, , so their either a voyeur. , or didnt get lucky . Life is too short to worry what people will think or say things over which you have no control , so stop worrying , i think if people find out you have an alt lifestyle , at least your dealing with your life , something many people dream about but do nothing . I think it makes you quite enigmatic, interesting, worldly, and remember if anyone tries to introduce your personal life into your workplace there are policies regarding the right to privacy, the abuse of which could be regarded as bullying in the workplace, bear tjat in mind, .

"What so someone you know has seen you at meeting places , or someone you met sees you out in public, and you know they have recognisedd you, well its too late to don a false moutache and buy a broadsheet to hide behind, a smile or a nod just acknowledges their observation, , if you pretend it hasnt happened that is all yoyr doing, pretending, , if its someone you believe may divulge your lifestyle choices to others , then wait and see, if he /she does anything other than mind their own business , well whats to stop you from imparting a little information of your own, whatever your accused of , the person spreading this info seems to be in the invidious position of explaining how he came to witness you, ie , he /she was nearby at the same time, , so their either a voyeur. , or didnt get lucky . Life is too short to worry what people will think or say things over which you have no control , so stop worrying , i think if people find out you have an alt lifestyle , at least your dealing with your life , something many people dream about but do nothing . I think it makes you quite enigmatic, interesting, worldly, and remember if anyone tries to introduce your personal life into your workplace there are policies regarding the right to privacy, the abuse of which could be regarded as bullying in the workplace, bear tjat in mind, . "

I know the risks

I also know how to deal with it

Just caught me off guard

Especially since he said he took pictures of me

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

If he says it to you on here it doesn't sound that bad. If he uses it to introduce himself in public as xx user, he's over stepping the line.

Though reading the last comment, taking pictures is right out of order

"If he says it to you on here it doesn't sound that bad. If he uses it to introduce himself in public as xx user, he's over stepping the line.

Though reading the last comment, taking pictures is right out of order"

That's the part that got me worried

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Tell him he's out of order, let him know that if he continues to intimidate you the appropriate steps will be taken, block him and don't discuss it in public...It let's him know he's got to you and plays in to his little game.

"Tell him he's out of order, let him know that if he continues to intimidate you the appropriate steps will be taken, block him and don't discuss it in public...It let's him know he's got to you and plays in to his little game."

That's what I've done

And blocked his ass

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

"What do you do ??

Slightly worried ... "

Assuming they've not said who they are and just said they know what car you drive. For sure sounds a strange approach and attempt to make a naughty friend/s.

"What do you do ??

Slightly worried ...

Assuming they've not said who they are and just said they know what car you drive. For sure sounds a strange approach and attempt to make a naughty friend/s.

"

Well he burnt that bridge with me

Thank you for all the advice peeps

Fk me and they've took pics. Thats a Grade A weirdo & inevitable fruitcake.

"Fk me and they've took pics. Thats a Grade A weirdo & inevitable fruitcake."

Yeah that's when I started getting worried

By *rct4Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Unless they texted you off a fake profile to get your pics like a couple profile or somthing just copy all texts etc and of it gets worse go to the cops!

Yes many times, we just say hello. Had one guy say hello to us on the m6 at a service station. Was a bit freaked out until he explained he saw us on fab. That made us relax and we had a good chat and eventually sorted out a good meeting for sex. Made us very grateful for fab and thank heavens we got our face pics on here.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Fk me and they've took pics. Thats a Grade A weirdo & inevitable fruitcake.

"

If you get any more contact from him call the police. Particularly if he creates another profile to get to you.

If you get any more contact from him call the police. Particularly if he creates another profile to get to you."

Hope it doesn't get that far...

Thanks

By *hrism3Man  over a year ago

Letterkenny

Did you send him pics on private mail or did he just randonly say that? Letterkenny is a small town after all!! ??

"Did you send him pics on private mail or did he just randonly say that? Letterkenny is a small town after all!! ??"

Face pic was exchanged while back ...

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

A bloke recently asked if I'd enjoyed my KFC just as I'd left.

Awkwarrrdddddd

"A bloke recently asked if I'd enjoyed my KFC just as I'd left.

Awkwarrrdddddd "

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Letterkenny

Well if your face matches your body which is totally HOT then maybe he just seen you around! Sorry not that this helps in anyway just saying LK is a wee town lol

Could just name And shame ask him what he is up to

Recognising someone okay

But then taking pictures telling me what car I have

Where I was going

Yeah that is beyond okay

Guys like this give the rest of us a bad name. If you recognise someone in public, just move on. Fab live and private life are seperate.

Just because you spoke on fab, doesn't mean it's ok to approach them in public unless you become good friends through meets.

Even worse when you haven't met in person, like this guy, and definitely walking the line between 'major creep' and 'criminal' taking pictures :/

I'd keep the messages, ready to send to Fab's support if need be, maybe they can block his IP because this behaviour is clearly not ok.

Letterkenny

"Recognising someone okay

Where I was going

Yeah that is beyond okay "

That is creepy, very strange,

[Removed by poster at 27/12/16 01:11:29]

[Removed by poster at 27/12/16 01:12:44]

Where I was going

You know the score and that score is its not the behaviour of a normal person regardless they actually know you or just worked out who you are. They're probably getting a buzz off the potential control freaking they know they might cause. Strangely that can be all the rage for some.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

If you get any more contact from him call the police. Particularly if he creates another profile to get to you.

Hope it doesn't get that far...

Thanks "

I hope so too, but if you feel weirded out or unsafe then it's not ott to tell the police

By *heBlackPantherCouple  over a year ago

Guilford

"What do you do ??

Slightly worried ... "

Just tell him he's wrong and you drive a different car.

By *oderndaylivesCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

That's well creepy. I've had it a few times, to the point I hardly have any photos. Had one which went on for some time and I actually found out his real identity and replied to him including his real and wife's name and he shit himself. Maybe they think you'll meet them to keep them quiet.

I've had a stalker who found out my identity early on when I joined fab. Local married estate agent. He kept finding ways to contact me. Eventually he stopped. That's the problem in a small town. Loads of lessons to be learnt.

"What do you do ??

Slightly worried ... "

I get recognised all the time. Some people talk some people just message me on here. One guy apparently was walking behind me all the way to work. Toria x

IF he's taken photos of you without permission and is starting to get stalkerish, I'd let him know that you aren't happy and should this contine you will be forced to contact the police. If it doesn't stop then I'd contact them, it's the only way to stop people like this

A woman came up to me in a bar once, she said I messaged her on fab. I do keep my face pics private but I did send one to her........ it's a risk we take I suppose, being identified. Just take steps to protect yourself, meet in public first, don't give out your phone number or address, use kik etc.......

"A woman came up to me in a bar once, she said I messaged her on fab. I do keep my face pics private but I did send one to her........ it's a risk we take I suppose, being identified. Just take steps to protect yourself, meet in public first, don't give out your phone number or address, use kik etc.......

Also be careful not to use whatsapp as that sometimes brings you up as a suggested friend on facebook depending on your settings...and we all know how much you can find out on fbook about a person

"

I have an extremely public facing job.

I have had someone recognise me at a swingers club who recognised me from my profession.

I am extra careful about who I send face pics too and who I add as a friend.

Plus with my role and my fab life I don't like to create a conflict of interest.

Just be really careful and go on your gut instincts

"I have an extremely public facing job.

I have had someone recognise me at a swingers club who recognised me from my profession.

I am extra careful about who I send face pics too and who I add as a friend.

Plus with my role and my fab life I don't like to create a conflict of interest.

Just be really careful and go on your gut instincts "

Thank you

Yes i was followed home by a guy who recognised me in the supermarket,had to tell him to go away politely.

"Yes i was followed home by a guy who recognised me in the supermarket,had to tell him to go away politely."

By *nequeenslutWoman  over a year ago

rugeley

Where I was going

I don't want to worry you but I think you have a grade A nutter on your hands I would inform the police if he does not leave you alone or get some friends to have I nice little word in his ear

Did you gave 'who's near' enabled? If so you probably showed up on that and he narrowed it down to you by your public photos, age etc... you may have been the only person fitting the description and he took a punt at messaging you. I'd just deny it was me, I think. With regards to taking photos of you, I think he's totally wrong to do that but again if you denied it was you the photos would be pointless. Hopefully he's realised you're not interested now and will leave you alone x

By *an and wifeyCouple  over a year ago

n lincs

We have had a few locals that have messaged stating what pubs we have drank in on certain nights we politely deny and make up some simple story. Also had friends and friends if friends hinting that we are swingers. Not sure what gives it away as we don't advertise the fact and don't meet too local to home so always play it cool and deny with out making a fuss but hint that it sounds fun ha ha

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

I just say yes you got me I have a life away from fab so what?

Never once bothered me after that reply

» Add a new message to this topic