FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Post meet blues

Post meet blues

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orkie321b OP   Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm hoping the lovely people of fab can offer some advice on how to avoid and/or deal with post meet blues.

I've noticed after my last 4-5 meets/club visits that I get really down afterwards. I'm usually on a bit of a high for a few days and then crash back down to earth. It's always worse when I know I can't meet or go to a club for a while.

The crash lasts for about 3 weeks before I start to feel "normal" again.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can cheer myself up a bit quicker?

I love the meets and club visits but hate the inevitable low that comes after.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Only had it happen a couple of times tends to be after what I consider really really great meets. Makes me want to give up meeting for good questioning everything when it happens. I usually hide profile & take a few days away from fab find a time consuming project to start that I can't stop till it's finished then come back often works.

Sounds like you need to look at your life outside of this; there must be some issues if meeting or going to a club provides such a lift compared to the rest of your life

By *SPrincessWoman  over a year ago

Nowhere near you

Can't say this is something I experience personally though I do go through huffy pouty phases where it feels like everyone is having fun but me!

Just throw yourself into finding someone new to meet I guess

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

It sounds similar to a sub drop OP. After the excitement of attending a club and the adrenaline and various positive hormones pumping around your body, it's not surprising.

So I'd check your blood sugar levels if possible and make sure you're having food to help with that.

Exercise also helps as it's a natural mood booster - a brisk walk in the woods can work wonders.

Have you considered jotting down your thoughts in some sort of fashion? Or if you don't feel like doing that, a cathartic film or playlist can help with dealing with negative emotions but be careful it doesn't affect you more.

Talking to people who you care about and hugs are also a good idea to help fight it.

I hope you don't continue experiencing such spikes - they can be exhausting and confusing!

By *orkie321b OP   Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"It sounds similar to a sub drop OP. After the excitement of attending a club and the adrenaline and various positive hormones pumping around your body, it's not surprising.

So I'd check your blood sugar levels if possible and make sure you're having food to help with that.

Exercise also helps as it's a natural mood booster - a brisk walk in the woods can work wonders.

Have you considered jotting down your thoughts in some sort of fashion? Or if you don't feel like doing that, a cathartic film or playlist can help with dealing with negative emotions but be careful it doesn't affect you more.

Talking to people who you care about and hugs are also a good idea to help fight it.

I hope you don't continue experiencing such spikes - they can be exhausting and confusing! "

Thanks, Meli.

I've been reading about sub drop and it does sound similar.

I've had some pretty ordinary meets and haven't had any problems and i've had some exceptionally good meets and always drop afterwards. I guess it all depends on how big the "high" is.

One cure would be to just have the ordinary meets, but i've had a lifetime of average sex. I want the good meets and great sex these days.

I check my blood sugar regularly because I'm diabetic so there is no issue there. Distraction might be key for me. I've spent the day on a new knitting project and been concentrating hard to make sure I don't make any mistakes. I haven't had time to think about anything else. Keeping my mind and my hands busy has helped today.

"Sounds like you need to look at your life outside of this; there must be some issues if meeting or going to a club provides such a lift compared to the rest of your life"

Unfortunately this. It sounds like clubs/good sex is your main or only escape/pleasure. Yes your blues sound *similar* to sub drop but also different. Four weeks is a long time to be in the doldrums! You can find ways to manage your moods but remember they are only the symptoms. Look deeper for the reasons, then you can work on real solutions. Definitely don't settle for the so-so meets though

» Add a new message to this topic