FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Teaching single guys to read.

Teaching single guys to read.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Regardless of our profile write up and the continuous updates politely asking not to be contacted by single men.... it's relentless.

So we wonder if it's an issue with being able to read. Should they introduce a reading test? Lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you don't want to be contacted by single men, why don't you set your filters so they can't?

"If you don't want to be contacted by single men, why don't you set your filters so they can't?"

Oh, is that possible?

If so how. ????

A couple just messaged to explain.

We think it's done.

Thank you. X

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If you don't want to be contacted by single men, why don't you set your filters so they can't?

Oh, is that possible?

If so how. ???? "

Go to your message filters and select those you don't wish to have contact from

"A couple just messaged to explain.

We think it's done.

Thank you. X"

Well that's that sorted.

Right; can we now have lessons for couples and single females to teach them how to read profiles please?

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

It's not just men who can't read on here,we get couples who are looking for a Bi female and miss where it says straight several times.

Miss

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Regardless of our profile write up and the continuous updates politely asking not to be contacted by single men.... it's relentless.

So we wonder if it's an issue with being able to read. Should they introduce a reading test? Lol "

After the majority of single men have looked at your pictures, the poor things won't have the mental capacity to read your profile.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Regardless of our profile write up and the continuous updates politely asking not to be contacted by single men.... it's relentless.

So we wonder if it's an issue with being able to read. Should they introduce a reading test? Lol

After the majority of single men have looked at your pictures, the poor things won't have the mental capacity to read your profile. "

.....possibly going slowly blind

After the majority of single men have looked at your pictures, the poor things won't have the mental capacity to read your profile. "

Thank you.

Read the instructions lol

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

So we wonder if it's an issue with being able to read. Should they introduce a reading test? Lol "

That's a bit unfair. I believe all men can read - except they stop reading after seeing the word "Woman"...

simply because of a blood rush to the brain

Thought I was going to get free tutoring

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

All we need now is to teach couples how to read the 'tips and getting started' section.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Read the instructions lol"

There is some irony in the rant and the solution...

Who knew the answer to both was reading

"All we need now is to teach couples how to read the 'tips and getting started' section."

It's obviously the male of the couple running the profile. Everyone knows men can't read

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Dunno why OP but your last pic reminds me of the South Wales landscape around the Brecon Beacons national park

S

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

"Read the instructions lol

Who knew the answer to both was reading"

Spot on! The answer being in the site rules and features, that clearly hadn't been read before the post about single guys not reading, is definitely very ironic!

"All we need now is to teach couples how to read the 'tips and getting started' section."

By *itsAndTaffCouple  over a year ago

Grays, Essex

To be fair we've found couples to be worse than single males and a lot more aggressive if they don't get a positive reply

By *nequeenslutWoman  over a year ago

rugeley

an IQ test would be better but I think it would remove 90% of the single males

an IQ test would be better but I think it would remove 90% of the single males "

Ouch!!!

I only realised how bad this was when I set up a fabguys account. Most guys really don't read!

an IQ test would be better but I think it would remove 90% of the single males "

How about a personality test? Who would survive that I wonder?

Read my profile it clearly says ha ha

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"To be fair we've found couples to be worse than single males and a lot more aggressive if they don't get a positive reply"

That's because even those with single guy "attitude" get lucky sometimes, doesn't mean they stop thinking like single guys though.

How's "I really want to meet & fuck ya Mrs doggy" from a verified couples account sound

S

Truth is ..no one bloody reads !!...straight men get messages off gay or bi men ,couples off single men they have stated they don't want ..it goes on .....sad but true everyone on here gets something they don't want and don't always get what they do

I ask!!! please read profile...

I ask!!! please read profile...

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

[Removed by poster at 07/02/17 22:20:01]

"All we need now is to teach couples how to read the 'tips and getting started' section.

It's obviously the male of the couple running the profile. Everyone knows men can't read "

Oh that's a horrible thing to say, I love reading erotic literature.

Just for the record OP, there are some of us single guys who CAN read

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

Literacy rates are definitely on the decline in this country

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

I wondered the and but when reading the forums and jyst generally chatting to people, single men think that you only have a chance if you message the person regardless of wether you are they are what you are looking for in the mind if you don't message you don't find out. no message is a waisted message or a waist of time obv we know differently.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

We don't think anyone reads profiles on fab regardless of gender lol

"Literacy rates are definitely on the decline in this country"

You can certainly say that again.

I am deeply troubled for the state of the English language

Southend, Essex

"Literacy rates are definitely on the decline in this country

You can certainly say that again.

I am deeply troubled for the state of the English language"

IM not, English is spoken by 80% of the world with the rise of the internet litracy as in to 'express thought and feeling through words' is now the most common way of communicating.

By *ayde BlanchardTV/TS  over a year ago

lancashire

What you have to realise is men on fab only look at the pictures. Not all are bad though there are some nice guys on fab you can spot them easy. They normally have proper profile pictures and not of there cocks.

"Read the instructions lol

Who knew the answer to both was reading"

Beautiful irony

"IM not, English is spoken by 80% of the world with the rise of the internet litracy as in to 'express thought and feeling through words' is now the most common way of communicating."

You seem to have missed my point and, if anything, simply confirmed the problem.

Language standards exist for a very good reason. So that people can understand each other and what they mean.

When you begin to ignore those standards, communication becomes very difficult.

I do understand what you're saying, but in my opinion, such use is a display of laziness and the 'can't be bothered' attitude of many in society today.

I have no problem with 'expressing thought and feeling through words' but I fail to see how that can not be achieved by forming proper sentences and using good spelling and grammar.

"If you don't want to be contacted by single men, why don't you set your filters so they can't?

Oh, is that possible?

If so how. ???? "

Maybe there should be an intelligence test for all users ??

Southend, Essex

"IM not, English is spoken by 80% of the world with the rise of the internet litracy as in to 'express thought and feeling through words' is now the most common way of communicating.

You seem to have missed my point and, if anything, simply confirmed the problem.

Language standards exist for a very good reason. So that people can understand each other and what they mean.

When you begin to ignore those standards, communication becomes very difficult.

I do understand what you're saying, but in my opinion, such use is a display of laziness and the 'can't be bothered' attitude of many in society today.

I have no problem with 'expressing thought and feeling through words' but I fail to see how that can not be achieved by forming proper sentences and using good spelling and grammar.

"

quite the contrary I fully understand where you are coming from. and my argument does not confirm the problem especially as their is little no scientific evidence to base your argument In fact their is research starting the opposit to your argument standing view point that spelling and grammer in the UK is getting worse. as to your argument on lazyness I cannot answer that.

the dictionary and thesaurus weather by design or by accident had standised and immortalised universal RP in written form so regardless of dialects (which should also be preserved) it can still be understood . And you are right about spelling and grammar to a certain extent but I am of the view unless an important document so long as it is readable then we have no problem. yes sentences that are illegible do make me want to scroll over (and yes this is a guy who on occasions can't read his own handwriting and understand what he has written which was more embarrassing when reading other members of the dyslexic writers club)

but English that west Germanic lanquige is ever adapting gone are Shakies and John Milton days methinks and thou shalnt. which now would be bad grammer and spelling. the irony being of enough people spell something a certain way what is now bad spelling becomes accepted concise OED Eoherwic =York, nice=A nasty person.

don't forget dialects just because someone is saying something in a way does not make it bad English South Whallian: Yer = ear, year your, hear. ' know I good I am' ( i personally hate that last sentence) or in South East Essex pronouncing th words other than the as an f or an s Thence=Fence. or an participle which derives from Leigh-on-sea the dialect words asleep, affaling. it saves you having to say the boy is sleeping; the boy asleep it makes it smoother lazy or initive? I don't think people are lazy I just think their are factors that make people good at spelling and grammer and others not. (however their is no excuse for something that is totally illegible and people can always improve).

I wish I knew what all those letters meant

By *ubSirVient-DefinitionCouple  over a year ago

dukinfield

Dude. Stop wasting your time. They just do not get it

We've noticed before how threads can become very bitter, and this thread was heading that way.

But what surprised us more than anything is that it turned very political / educational.

I suggest we end this now.

Thank you everyone for participating.

Teaching horny single guys to read? Nah, never going to happen.

Donald Trump apparently has an IQ of 156...which makes a genius....or a very rich man who paid the tester a lot of money to add a number 1 in front of his result. (Just saying.....)

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I reckon that for a lot of Males, Reading is not working out what all the letters and words mean,but instead, it's a town in Berkshire

It's hard to read when your turning Japanese looking at the pictures,

We had belter the other day

We had a meet up saying either your's or amours tonight

Guy messages i can come to you, we pointed out what our meet said, his reply?? Sorry I though amours was a typo for at ours

Southend, Essex

"We've noticed before how threads can become very bitter, and this thread was heading that way.

But what surprised us more than anything is that it turned very political / educational.

I suggest we end this now.

Thank you everyone for participating. "

This has been a pleasant thread I even managed to enter an argument in for debatting. with another nice fellow. what can happen with debates on internet threads is someone who is opinionated doesn't understand debates or is overly strong and dominearing will end ranting or hyjacking a thread with abuse. as soon as one does that their argument is defunct.

"It's hard to read when your turning Japanese looking at the pictures,

We had belter the other day

We had a meet up saying either your's or amours tonight

Guy messages i can come to you, we pointed out what our meet said, his reply?? Sorry I though amours was a typo for at ours "

Bless him! Fair point though. Could've been.

» Add a new message to this topic