FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Whisper messages

Whisper messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi just wondering it’s necessary to have whisper messages as lots of people being left out in conversations and the general flow of conversation stops when people exclude others in friendship and fun. Private message them to cheer them up by one on one and is more than adequate if you feel need to say anything in private. We think the site suffers when people unable to engage in friendship or fun other and a major factor in this is whisper. Any thought on this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Are you saying that people are using whisper to exclude others?

"I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Are you saying that people are using whisper to exclude others?"
i mean you other than the forum to know people

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Are you saying that people are using whisper to exclude others? i mean you other than the forum to know people"

Using other ways of chatting?

We only use the messaging system on here or face to face it works for us

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

There is no whisper option on Fab

"There is no whisper option on Fab "
i now that i call the forum whisper it seem that is the only why to make friends here.

Grantham

"There is no whisper option on Fab i now that i call the forum whisper it seem that is the only why to make friends here."

Still not sure what you mean but the forums is a great way to get to know some people.

The chat rooms are another. Going to socials is even better

You said 'we', are you married?

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Does he perhaps mean the "PM" facility in chat?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Someone say my name my ears are burning!

Grantham

"Someone say my name my ears are burning! "

"Does he perhaps mean the "PM" facility in chat?

"

nope i do not because i do not use chat due to knowing it will not work for me

Grantham

nope i do not because i do not use chat due to knowing it will not work for me"

Well I don't think we know what you mean then. We are allowed to have private chats with the people we know.

nope i do not because i do not use chat due to knowing it will not work for me

Well I don't think we know what you mean then. We are allowed to have private chats with the people we know."

i can not use it due to finding hard to read message

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Hi just wondering it’s necessary to have whisper messages as lots of people being left out in conversations and the general flow of conversation stops when people exclude others in friendship and fun. Private message them to cheer them up by one on one and is more than adequate if you feel need to say anything in private. We think the site suffers when people unable to engage in friendship or fun other and a major factor in this is whisper. Any thought on this? "

What is a whisper message? How is a whisper message sent?

Grantham

"What is a whisper message? How is a whisper message sent?"

We don't have them, I think they used to in chat but before my time.

"Hi just wondering it’s necessary to have whisper messages as lots of people being left out in conversations and the general flow of conversation stops when people exclude others in friendship and fun. Private message them to cheer them up by one on one and is more than adequate if you feel need to say anything in private. We think the site suffers when people unable to engage in friendship or fun other and a major factor in this is whisper. Any thought on this?

What is a whisper message? How is a whisper message sent?"

do not know it only a saying thats all meaning mail people.. i been told i only wrong site

London

"What is a whisper message? How is a whisper message sent?

We don't have them, I think they used to in chat but before my time."

I know, I'm trying to figure out what he means. I'm baffled.

London

"Hi just wondering it’s necessary to have whisper messages as lots of people being left out in conversations and the general flow of conversation stops when people exclude others in friendship and fun. Private message them to cheer them up by one on one and is more than adequate if you feel need to say anything in private. We think the site suffers when people unable to engage in friendship or fun other and a major factor in this is whisper. Any thought on this?

What is a whisper message? How is a whisper message sent? do not know it only a saying thats all meaning mail people.. i been told i only wrong site "

I don't understand what you're saying. Sorry I can't help.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

What is a whisper message? How is a whisper message sent?"

I think the OP is thinking we're all off messaging each other in between posting on the forums so he's missing all the best bits.

Grantham

"I think the OP is thinking we're all off messaging each other in between posting on the forums so he's missing all the best bits."

Is this right OP?

Chat on the forum OP like everyone else.

Join in

"I think the OP is thinking we're all off messaging each other in between posting on the forums so he's missing all the best bits.

Is this right OP?"

no it not but people think its right

London

"I think the OP is thinking we're all off messaging each other in between posting on the forums so he's missing all the best bits.

Is this right OP? no it not but people think its right "

No, she was asking you if the first bit is what you meant when you started the thread.

Grantham

Is this right OP? no it not but people think its right "

You mean we shouldn't chat to our friends in private messages, we should do all our 'talking' in here?

"Chat on the forum OP like everyone else.

Join in "

I try but seem no one understand the way I write due to my gammier here I was not raised in south Africa so the way I write is not pure English

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I remember the old chat rooms and when the whispers went wrong it used to be hilarious

Grantham

"I remember the old chat rooms and when the whispers went wrong it used to be hilarious "

I only know about it because some people have come back after a long break and thought they still worked

Grantham

Join in

I try but seem no one understand the way I write due to my gammier here I was not raised in south Africa so the way I write is not pure English "

So, what difference does that make?

Join in

I try but seem no one understand the way I write due to my gammier here I was not raised in south Africa so the way I write is not pure English "

Nobody understands what I what Im on about half the time either so dont worry about it

Scotland - Aberdeen

Join in

But no offence OP if I don't understand a post, I will personally ignore it, others may do the same

London

Join in

The way you write is very difficult to decypher but we are trying.

For example, I know you grew up in SA but your last post says that you weren't.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I remember the old chat rooms and when the whispers went wrong it used to be hilarious

I only know about it because some people have come back after a long break and thought they still worked "

And some really went tits up!

Grantham

"I remember the old chat rooms and when the whispers went wrong it used to be hilarious

I only know about it because some people have come back after a long break and thought they still worked

And some really went tits up! "

I'd like to have seen them

Join in

I try but seem no one understand the way I write due to my gammier here I was not raised in south Africa so the way I write is not pure English

For example, I know you grew up in SA but your last post says that you weren't."

well i was born in the uk left at 2 and a half so i am british by birth.. I came to this site to make friends in the end hope that understanding now..

Scotland - Aberdeen

And some really went tits up!

I'd like to have seen them "

I was probably just as bad with 1 or 2 but there used to be some proper fuck ups lol but give them their due they were quite hard to do properly if my memory serves me right, probably why they introduced the new chat rooms, but they really did leave some people great for the onlookers though

Join in

no offence OP but if Seeside can manage to get his point across, I am pretty sure you would have no problem..

just keep at it

Grantham

"I came to this site to make friends in the end hope that understanding now.. "

Your profile doesn't mention this and says you want fun.

London

Join in

For example, I know you grew up in SA but your last post says that you weren't. well i was born in the uk left at 2 and a half so i am british by birth.. I came to this site to make friends in the end hope that understanding now.. "

You keep missing the point of posts, confusing posts and can't explain what you mean. I suggest that's probably why you are not having any luck with chatting.

I'm going to ask a personal question but you don't have to answer it here (or at all).

Do you live in supported accommodation?

Grantham

"no offence OP but if Seeside can manage to get his point across, I am pretty sure you would have no problem."

That crossed my mind too

Join in

For example, I know you grew up in SA but your last post says that you weren't. well i was born in the uk left at 2 and a half so i am british by birth.. I came to this site to make friends in the end hope that understanding now..

You keep missing the point of posts, confusing posts and can't explain what you mean. I suggest that's probably why you are not having any luck with chatting.

I'm going to ask a personal question but you don't have to answer it here (or at all).

Do you live in supported accommodation?"

Join in

For example, I know you grew up in SA but your last post says that you weren't. well i was born in the uk left at 2 and a half so i am british by birth.. I came to this site to make friends in the end hope that understanding now..

Do you live in supported accommodation?"

no why

"no offence OP but if Seeside can manage to get his point across, I am pretty sure you would have no problem.

That crossed my mind too"

i know then why do i get told i not on the right site for fun and friendship?

London

"no offence OP but if Seeside can manage to get his point across, I am pretty sure you would have no problem.

That crossed my mind too i know then why do i get told i not on the right site for fun and friendship?"

How many people have told you that?

That crossed my mind too i know then why do i get told i not on the right site for fun and friendship?

How many people have told you that?"

a few so far but it fine i use to it now

thanks for the advice all you sexy members mainly the females and couples

By *ndigo40Woman  over a year ago

secret town

I think he means when your in cam chat a private box appears where you can chat (whisper) a message in their so the people in the main chat rooms cant read it

Or i could be wrong

"thanks for the advice all you sexy members mainly the females and couples "

Why discount the input of the male posters who responded. They responded positively. Exclusion works both ways

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

My mind is boggled!

Pretty sure I've had a stroke

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The thing is op that fun and friendship can be found on a site like this but it doesn't work for everyone.

The forums can seem like people know each other and exclude everyone else but it seems like that to many of us at various times.

There's no guarantee that you'll make friends or that you'll get to meet anybody I'm afraid. Maybe that's what people meant when they said you were on the wrong site...that you were hoping for more than the site could give you.

You do need to be a bit tough on a site like this because you will face rejection.

What do you do outside of fab? Do you belong to any hobby clubs for instance?

By *ornylady71Woman  over a year ago

near Bury

I think the OP is thinking we're all off messaging each other in between posting on the forums so he's missing all the best bits."

There's a Reply private option when replying to forums? op is that wot you mean????

London

I think the OP is thinking we're all off messaging each other in between posting on the forums so he's missing all the best bits.

There's a Reply private option when replying to forums? op is that wot you mean???? "

We don't know, neither does he.

"Pretty sure I've had a stroke "

have a few more, then you can call it a wank

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"Pretty sure I've had a stroke

have a few more, then you can call it a wank "

....just another day in Fab lol.....

There's a Reply private option when replying to forums? op is that wot you mean????

We don't know, neither does he."

I have an idea, as this used to be a feature on another site I was on... when using the chatrooms someone could message you privately without asking first...it was a pain in the arse to keep up with tbh and I am glad it doesn't happen here

"thanks for the advice all you sexy members mainly the females and couples

Why discount the input of the male posters who responded. They responded positively. Exclusion works both ways "

Agreed.

People will talk privately at times and lots of people are regulars on the forum having in jokes that may look like they are talking privately but it doesn't mean you are being left out

By *rs mischiefWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

Join in

no offence OP but if Seeside can manage to get his point across, I am pretty sure you would have no problem..

just keep at it"

True that!

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

Confused dot com op!

if memory serves me well you had to put your message in brackets to be private it was funny when they appeared for all to see

By *BW SnowbunnyWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere over the Rainbow

Do you mean that you aren't getting any meets off here? If so, that goes for a lot of guys.

It's not really a friendship site either. Yes you can make friends but I find that's usually by meeting people at clubs

It's not so much your grammar that is causing issue, it's the wording, the way you put things. I've also found some guys deliberately play the language barrier to make women feel sorry for and have sex them. Doesn't cut with me. Not saying that's what you're doing OP though.

Think you need to toughen up and maybe try improving your English

» Add a new message to this topic