FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Authorities now know I'm bi...

Authorities now know I'm bi...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well for the first time in a long while I've been asked about my sexuality for a "government" purpose.

For the first time I've said bi. And it was quite easy to say in the end. I did however pause for a moment.

Could easily be something I live to regret in a number of years if the regression of equality laws and attitudes continues.

Anyone else "revealed themselves" this year?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've consistently ticked that box since the age of 20 when I met my first serious girlfriend. The majority of people who know me are aware of my sexuality as I'm open about it.

I came out as trans to my installations manager and she was 'thrilled' for me.

Within six months she was undermining me and telling me I was crap at my job even though each customer satisfaction note used words like 'outstanding workmanship'.

When challenged she said since I'd become Rachael my work had deteriorated. No since she knew about me her opinion of my work had deteriorated.

I left and am now subcontracting to another firm and they are back thinking I walk on water.

Very tempted not to come out to this firm.

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

I can't think of a form where you put sexuality, apart from sti testing.

Do you mind saying what was it? Or is it a personal / confidential thing?

I don't think it's any of their business.

"I can't think of a form where you put sexuality, apart from sti testing.

Do you mind saying what was it? Or is it a personal / confidential thing?"

There's equal opportunity and diversity forms that can be filled in as part of a job application, asking about age, gender, religion & so on.

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

There's equal opportunity and diversity forms that can be filled in as part of a job application, asking about age, gender, religion & so on."

ahh yes

In this instance it's CAFCASS

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not on a form but I didn't come out as bi to an ex work colleague who always used to tell me she thought I was bi. Haven't told her about Abi though...

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

There's equal opportunity and diversity forms that can be filled in as part of a job application, asking about age, gender, religion & so on."

yes but that's kept separate from your application and is only used to prove that they are an equal opportunities employer, you should never have to disclose your sexuality to anyone

There's equal opportunity and diversity forms that can be filled in as part of a job application, asking about age, gender, religion & so on.yes but that's kept separate from your application and is only used to prove that they are an equal opportunities employer, you should never have to disclose your sexuality to anyone "

Certain jobs within the civil service or defence world ask you to divulge your sexuality to reduce the security risk of you being influenced by a reluctance to have it revealed.

Lol. I wasn't able to post the word I wanted there!

By *ornylady71Woman  over a year ago

near Bury

"I came out as trans to my installations manager and she was 'thrilled' for me.

Within six months she was undermining me and telling me I was crap at my job even though each customer satisfaction note used words like 'outstanding workmanship'.

When challenged she said since I'd become Rachael my work had deteriorated. No since she knew about me her opinion of my work had deteriorated.

I left and am now subcontracting to another firm and they are back thinking I walk on water.

Very tempted not to come out to this firm. "

OMG that's terrible, she shouldn't have been aloud to get away with that.

"In this instance it's CAFCASS"

There a bunch of wankers not fit for purpose CAFCASS had a few dealings with them over my kids an what your tell them they twist it turn it give it a shake an its comes out there end bad aginst you

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

At sexual health clinics they ask your sexual orientation I'm assuming it gets recorded some how ?

"In this instance it's CAFCASS

There a bunch of wankers not fit for purpose CAFCASS had a few dealings with them over my kids an what your tell them they twist it turn it give it a shake an its comes out there end bad aginst you "

I've had a couple of bad experiences and a couple of good ones.

I get frustrated with the system and situation but this was the first time I've been asked to do an equality form.

» Add a new message to this topic