FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Hotel meets advice

Hotel meets advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mber Gambler OP   Couple  over a year ago

rugby

Whenever we have had swinging fun, it's always been either at our house or in a club. But we are due to have our first meet at a hotel.

How do you do that?. Do the staff notice who comes and goes. Do you all go in together or 2 go in and one later. What does everyone else do.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I work for a hotel.. honestly it doesn't matter just let the receptionist know you'll have some friends round for a while as they may ask when they turn up.

Have fun An hope it all goes well!

rugby

"I work for a hotel.. honestly it doesn't matter just let the receptionist know you'll have some friends round for a while as they may ask when they turn up.

Have fun An hope it all goes well! "

Really. I thought they were strict. I've only ever stayed in 2 travel lodges in my life. So not much experience. It's not the sort of thing you can ask about lol.

Thank you

X

By *oluptuousWetOneWoman  over a year ago

Wokingham / Reading

It can depend on were you're staying and whether you need those entry cards to get through the building

I used to manage a hotel and world not worry. From my experience within the industry all the staff are probably sleeping with each other anyway.

[Removed by poster at 30/03/17 14:45:24]

Wrong emoji

By *lack_BoltMan  over a year ago

oxford

Nobody cares as long as you're not a nuisance. They see this sort of thing every day of the week, bosses with their secretaries, people having affairs etc. The only problem I've ever had on occasions is with cleaning staff trying to contrive any reason to cop a look.

rugby

"Wrong emoji "

Your wrong emoji made me giggle.

Thanks

By *olliPineCouple  over a year ago

swingers clubs

Stay away from premier inns. They tend to be stricter than most for letting people past reception.

The best sort of hotels we've found are those without a reception blocking the entrance to the hotel rooms. Hotels with a bar where you can grab a drink before hand and chat before skulking upstairs or to the lift.

By *icplshropsCouple  over a year ago

Rock

Yes, as most have said, never had a problem with hotel meets

Our first meet was in a Travelodge we were shitting ourselves in case we were sussed out, but we needn't have worried because there was so many people coming and going there was no way they could monitor everyone.

By *erbySwingersMan  over a year ago

South Derby

Done it many times with no issues. Have fun. x

By *obin_and_marionMan  over a year ago

Beaconsfield

Had several hotel meets... Usual form for us is to meet in the bar for a drink, chat, flirt, (fondle), then up to the room when ready.

Never had even a raised eyebrow... The hotel staff don't care. Especially in "corporate" hotels. Just walk in as if you belong there and nobody will say anything.

Keycards for the lift can be an issue if arriving separately so make sure to check.

The only "issue" arose once re car parking, the hotel were linking the fee to the room and looked a bit puzzled that I knew the room number but not the name of the guest!

Don't forget there is nothing in hotel t&cs about not having visitors. Some business hotels positively encourage you to use your room for business meetings.

Finally I was told by someone who works in a hotel that you/they may get lucky if you ring housekeeping after midnight and ask for extra towels.

Finally I was told by someone who works in a hotel that you/they may get lucky if you ring housekeeping after midnight and ask for extra towels.

I might try this on my next trip! Is this a worldwide thing or just in the U.K.??

By *he ODBMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Any time I've had hotel meets we met in the bar and retired to the room. No eyebrows raised. I also worked away from home for years. Used to bring my ex down to stay with me. In years if doing that I was only ever asked to pay extra once and it was in an independent hotel. I think premier inn , Hilton etc will be fine. My last overnight meet was actually in a double tree by Hilton. Again no issues at all there. Have fun

Beaconsfield

"

I might try this on my next trip! Is this a worldwide thing or just in the U.K.??"

No idea... Haven't tried it ourselves yet

Beaconsfield

" In years if doing that I was only ever asked to pay extra once and it was in an independent hotel."

I haven't been charged per person for years... All the hotels I've stayed at are per room

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Bigger hotels don't know anyway. You walk straight through reception to the rooms. The staff don't know who you are or if you have your own room etc

rugby

"Stay away from premier inns. They tend to be stricter than most for letting people past reception.

The best sort of hotels we've found are those without a reception blocking the entrance to the hotel rooms. Hotels with a bar where you can grab a drink before hand and chat before skulking upstairs or to the lift.

"

How are they strict. What should i watch out for?

Yes the ones where you have a receptionist blocking the entrance to all the rooms are the ones I'm worried about. The guy we are meeting is booking it, so it's in his hands.

"Nobody cares as long as you're not a nuisance. They see this sort of thing every day of the week, bosses with their secretaries, people having affairs etc. The only problem I've ever had on occasions is with cleaning staff trying to contrive any reason to cop a look. "

afternoons are the worst for thar

By *orksCouple25Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

We know the layout of the entrance/ receptions of the Hotels in our area so pick the ones where you don't put have to keep your head down while you are doing 'the walk of shame' past reception .

The best ones to avoid this awkwardness are the 'Camponile' chain if they are all the same as the one in Wakefield .That one is configured like a Motel in the states ie the reception is a totally separate building . As you walk to your room you can hear people having it away away as everyone is using it for the same reason and they are built out of some sort of timber frame construction so the walls are quite thin .

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Their main concern is 4 people staying over in a room that only 2 people paid for.

If friends come and go they don't mind

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Their main concern is 4 people staying over in a room that only 2 people paid for.

If friends come and go they don't mind "

And a lot of that comes down to insurance and fire regs etc.

By *ornographic ArtsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Citizen M advertise themselves as a place to do this stuff

"Whenever we have had swinging fun, it's always been either at our house or in a club. But we are due to have our first meet at a hotel.

How do you do that?. Do the staff notice who comes and goes. Do you all go in together or 2 go in and one later. What does everyone else do. "

The staff will know you are there for swinging and will nudge each other and tell all the rest of the staff to come have a look at you too.

But dont let that put you off

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

This is something I've quite fancied (it is a turn on) but I fear the reality of being a TV walking through the foyer/reception into the lifts.

rugby

"This is something I've quite fancied (it is a turn on) but I fear the reality of being a TV walking through the foyer/reception into the lifts.

"

Why are you worried?. Don't you normally go out to places as a tv. Or are there going to be 3! tvs going to the lifts.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"Stay away from premier inns. They tend to be stricter than most for letting people past reception.

Yes the ones where you have a receptionist blocking the entrance to all the rooms are the ones I'm worried about. The guy we are meeting is booking it, so it's in his hands. "

I've worked in Hotels for over 30, with emphasis in Front Desk & Reception management operations.

Your fears are groundless. A lot of hotels won't query the reason why you are there. Many hotels are well signed in any case, so you shouldn't get lost. But if you're uncertain where to go, if the person you're meeting is there get the to meet you in the Bar, simple!

I've met people for hotel meets before. Most Reception desk personnel might glance at you passing by, but unless you are already stripping off in anticipation of what's about to happen, then you won't be challenged.

Have fun!

I just tell reception I'm expecting a guest.... or so. They seem to find it entertaining.

rugby

Yes the ones where you have a receptionist blocking the entrance to all the rooms are the ones I'm worried about. The guy we are meeting is booking it, so it's in his hands.

I've worked in Hotels for over 30, with emphasis in Front Desk & Reception management operations.

Your fears are groundless. A lot of hotels won't query the reason why you are there. Many hotels are well signed in any case, so you shouldn't get lost. But if you're uncertain where to go, if the person you're meeting is there get the to meet you in the Bar, simple!

I've met people for hotel meets before. Most Reception desk personnel might glance at you passing by, but unless you are already stripping off in anticipation of what's about to happen, then you won't be challenged.

Have fun!"

Thank you. and thank you to everyone else. I do feel a bit better now. I'm planning to go in with my playmate and then hubby will pop in a few minutes later.

rochdale

"This is something I've quite fancied (it is a turn on) but I fear the reality of being a TV walking through the foyer/reception into the lifts.

Why are you worried?. Don't you normally go out to places as a tv. Or are there going to be 3! tvs going to the lifts. "

I only really go to clubs when dressed, not done much 'vanilla' trips out at all. Fear of being laughed at or accosted i suppose.

Why are you worried?. Don't you normally go out to places as a tv. Or are there going to be 3! tvs going to the lifts.

I only really go to clubs when dressed, not done much 'vanilla' trips out at all. Fear of being laughed at or accosted i suppose."

Step out with pride. You look great.

It's trans visibility day today.

So far no ones ever laughed at me to my face. Everyone either passes without noticing or is too polite to say anything.

If I'm in a bar people often come to talk to me. Compliment me or say I'm brave or ask questions or chat me up.

Just go for it. Be yourself xx

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

As we are a couple, we always ask for two keys/cards, and leave one at reception for our visitors.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Leave an extra key at reception and give your guest the room number and your name. It's quite exciting being ready for them in the room

rugby

I only really go to clubs when dressed, not done much 'vanilla' trips out at all. Fear of being laughed at or accosted i suppose."

Take a big muscled friend or go out in a group to try it. But i think you look good. You're really cute. Your confidence will grow i suppose the more you do it. If you lived closer if take you out.

rugby

"As we are a couple, we always ask for two keys/cards, and leave one at reception for our visitors. "

Oo. I didn't even know you could do this. How exciting! To think what we could be doing when hubby walks in.

rochdale

I only really go to clubs when dressed, not done much 'vanilla' trips out at all. Fear of being laughed at or accosted i suppose.

Take a big muscled friend or go out in a group to try it. But i think you look good. You're really cute. Your confidence will grow i suppose the more you do it. If you lived closer if take you out. "

Thank you xx

I'm fairly 'out' but a hotel lobby scares me a bit!

Beaconsfield

If you behave in a shifty way or look furtive then a member of staff may well ask "can I help you"

Walk in as if you belong there and nobody will notice or care.

If you would like reassurance and the hotel is not far away, go yourself beforehand to do a recce so you know the layout and set up. If it has a bar, have a drink to get comfortable with the place. Or look it up online and have a look at the photos.

The only problematic thing are budget hotels that have a reception desk and everything else is needs a key card for access... But others have suggested a solution for that.

Have fun... We've done it several times and it's fine.

By *exatooCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth/ Fuerteventura

Step out with pride. You look great.

It's trans visibility day today.

So far no ones ever laughed at me to my face. Everyone either passes without noticing or is too polite to say anything.

If I'm in a bar people often come to talk to me. Compliment me or say I'm brave or ask questions or chat me up.

Just go for it. Be yourself xx"

(Mrs)

I love this advice xx

rugby

Well hotel is not going ahead. So all that worrying for nothing. Apparently his dad has had a heart attack. But not too convinced as he's canceled before due to his grandad dying.

"Well hotel is not going ahead. So all that worrying for nothing. Apparently his dad has had a heart attack. But not too convinced as he's canceled before due to his grandad dying.

"

Hes a fantasist. Block and move on now.

Sorry that you fell for an idiot

Sheffield

"Well hotel is not going ahead. So all that worrying for nothing. Apparently his dad has had a heart attack. But not too convinced as he's canceled before due to his grandad dying.

"

Sorry to hear that. As above, sounds like a timewaster. It's worth booking through booking sites. (can't advertise the name, but it's a Booking site) that one allows you to cancel up to 4pm on the day at certain hotels. Then a no show is annoying but not as costly.

Beaconsfield

"

Sorry to hear that. Timewaster.... we've had these too. Should have advised about that side of things.

If you're booking then make sure you can either cancel or have a backup plan that you'll enjoy if you can't.

The "see who's nearby" function on the mobile app can be a lot of fun

Or just take the opportunity to enjoy each other.

If the other party is booking then that's less of an issue but its still a let down and nice to have a 'treat' planned as a backup.

We quite often try to meet people first for a social drink in a bar before making an arrangement to book somewhere another time.

If booking a hotel, I would expect the guy to book and pay. Then it's at his risk, always a good way to test the water and see how committed he is!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"

If booking a hotel, I would expect the guy to book and pay. Then it's at his risk, always a good way to test the water and see how committed he is!"

Men aren't the only ones who don't turn up to meets, and at least the OP has been told that the meet isn't going ahead.

Its the 21st century. I don't think men should be expected to be responsible for paying for the hotel for a meet.

If booking a hotel and your unsure about the person you are meeting and they may be a timewaster.

Get them to book to agreed hotel of your choice then call the hotel to check the booking is in place.

You will soon find out how many people will give an excuse as why they dont want to do that or apparently cant book it ?

Thats usually a fairly good indicator of a timewaster whos not serious about meeting you.

Beaconsfield

BTW most of the hotel meets we've had are when we've been staying away in a hotel anyway.

So we're there, have the hotel room, and are looking for fun in the evening

"BTW most of the hotel meets we've had are when we've been staying away in a hotel anyway.

So we're there, have the hotel room, and are looking for fun in the evening "

Ditto.

Sheffield

Good points made above. There is always a risk of a no-show with someone you don't know. Plan-B's are they key to minimising disappointment. Experience will also help you spot probable timewasters.

Some time ago we were let down on the day by someone who turned out to be a timewaster. We had booked the hotel on that booking site, so just quickly changed it to another hotel near a club and went there instead. Still had a great night and it's a fingers up to the timewaster.

I meet a couple at a holiday complex , the bar guy looking over and smiling , we went up to the room few hours later me and the husband back by the bar, the barman left a napkin with his number and a note asking if he could help in any way , Billy

rugby

Sorry to hear that. Timewaster.... we've had these too. Should have advised about that side of things.

If you're booking then make sure you can either cancel or have a backup plan that you'll enjoy if you can't.

The "see who's nearby" function on the mobile app can be a lot of fun

Or just take the opportunity to enjoy each other.

If the other party is booking then that's less of an issue but its still a let down and nice to have a 'treat' planned as a backup.

We quite often try to meet people first for a social drink in a bar before making an arrangement to book somewhere another time."

Thank you.

We had 2 socials with him and been messaging a lot. He seemed nice, but always had a wierd feeling about him even before the first time he let us down. I guess we need to trust our instincts more. Or just stick to clubs as we always have done.

rugby

"

If booking a hotel, I would expect the guy to book and pay. Then it's at his risk, always a good way to test the water and see how committed he is!

"

Yes we did thank goodness. Although we had planned to pay him back for half on the night.

rugby

"If booking a hotel and your unsure about the person you are meeting and they may be a timewaster.

Get them to book to agreed hotel of your choice then call the hotel to check the booking is in place.

You will soon find out how many people will give an excuse as why they dont want to do that or apparently cant book it ?

Thats usually a fairly good indicator of a timewaster whos not serious about meeting you.

"

That's a great idea.

Thanks

By *ipperbangMan  over a year ago

Sittingbourne

I have a hotel meet for tonight, expenses aside, if the couple don't turn up I'm billynomates in a hotel & im sure the who's near function won't bear any fruit. I've got everything crossed they're genuine

Haven't done many hotel meets but this is all good advice.

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow.

Take a big muscled friend or go out in a group to try it. But i think you look good. You're really cute. Your confidence will grow i suppose the more you do it. If you lived closer if take you out.

Thank you xx

I'm fairly 'out' but a hotel lobby scares me a bit!"

Don"t be? What are they going to say?

They'll have seen it all before anyway.

The way you look love, no problem!

We often use hotels and never found it a problem as long as you are discrete and don't make a lot of noise

Thank you xx

I'm fairly 'out' but a hotel lobby scares me a bit!"

Go to First Friday in Leeds and you'll blend in, no problem.

Sittingbourne

I was right I'm sitting in a hotel suite, the couple changed the time twice now they aren't answering messages or texts,no doubt the family budgie has a cold & needs 24 hour attention I'm well out of pocket 100 miles from home but remember its only us single males that are timewasters

"I was right I'm sitting in a hotel suite, the couple changed the time twice now they aren't answering messages or texts,no doubt the family budgie has a cold & needs 24 hour attention I'm well out of pocket 100 miles from home but remember its only us single males that are timewasters"

Sorry to hear that. What time were you supposed to meet them?

H x

Sittingbourne

It was their idea to meet at 7 then changed to 7.30 then to 8. They've been offline since midday not answering texts & I'm too polite to phone them & give them a piece of my mind.

I'm in my hotel suite(they didn't want a scummy Travelodge) so I'll just get very d*unk & moan about them

Sorry x

"It was their idea to meet at 7 then changed to 7.30 then to 8. They've been offline since midday not answering texts & I'm too polite to phone them & give them a piece of my mind.

I'm in my hotel suite(they didn't want a scummy Travelodge) so I'll just get very d*unk & moan about them

Sorry x"

Moan away. It's shit when people are like that. Enjoy your time away from home and treat it like a getaway.

H x

By *oluptuousWetOneWoman  over a year ago

Wokingham / Reading

"It was their idea to meet at 7 then changed to 7.30 then to 8. They've been offline since midday not answering texts & I'm too polite to phone them & give them a piece of my mind.

Sorry x"

That's a rotten thing to happen

Sittingbourne

There's no need for anyone to say sorry it's my own stupid fault, I'm too trusting but it's another life experience a night alone in a hotel suite in Newmarket what more could a man want xxx

rugby

"I was right I'm sitting in a hotel suite, the couple changed the time twice now they aren't answering messages or texts,no doubt the family budgie has a cold & needs 24 hour attention I'm well out of pocket 100 miles from home but remember its only us single males that are timewasters"

Bummer....that is harsh.

"I was right I'm sitting in a hotel suite, the couple changed the time twice now they aren't answering messages or texts,no doubt the family budgie has a cold & needs 24 hour attention I'm well out of pocket 100 miles from home but remember its only us single males that are timewasters

Bummer....that is harsh. "

Hopefully a nice lady in your area will see this thread and pay you a midnight visit.

» Add a new message to this topic