FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Social meets.

Social meets.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all. What do you do about people who just don't turn up for social meets?

We exchanged 3 or 4 messages and agreed a time and a pub, I drove 30 odd miles and no-show. I then got a message 2 hours later 'were here'.

Perhaps that's what they get off on.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi all. What do you do about people who just don't turn up for social meets?

We exchanged 3 or 4 messages and agreed a time and a pub, I drove 30 odd miles and no-show. I then got a message 2 hours later 'were here'.

Perhaps that's what they get off on."

We block them and move on

By *ve 66Woman  over a year ago

Blackwood

[Removed by poster at 06/04/17 14:31:00]

Report them, if others have already reported they do this they are removed from the site

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Report them, if others have already reported they do this they are removed from the site "

I'm not sure they are to be honest .

It's happened to us a few times and despite reporting them , and knowing others who have done so too , they still stay in the site wasting more people's time and effort .

It would be nice to hear from admin what the official stance is from them on this subject .

We just block them now .

If exchange more than 3 or 4 messages I suppose. But loads of people don't show up

I had similar. Arranged to meet. Went there and no sign. A while later just got a message saying "haha"

"Report them, if others have already reported they do this they are removed from the site

It's happened to us a few times and despite reporting them , and knowing others who have done so too , they still stay in the site wasting more people's time and effort .

It would be nice to hear from admin what the official stance is from them on this subject .

We just block them now ."

Yes maybe the admin could say what they are doing about these people

We had one on holiday where we gave them our face pics but they didn't give theirs. They said they'd spot us. When we got there we stood around like lemons quite obviously looking for someone. We realised we did have one pic with her face in giving a blow job and joked about maybe showing it around and asking if anyone had seen this woman. We eventually gave up and left. Later we got a msg saying they were there and they saw us but didn't know how to say hello and could we meet tomorrow... Just one of the reasons why our holiday made us cheesed off with swingers

By *ustthe2ofusXXXCouple  over a year ago

coventry

"Report them, if others have already reported they do this they are removed from the site

We just block them now ."

Good luck with that one yes I know the admin are busy people but like you said it would be nice to get some sort of response or feed back from them as to what action they have taken. Seeing nothing happening and the user still on line after a no show or abusive message really annoys us.

Sorry to hear you got messed around better luck next time

By *reygorCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

just part of the game .thats why you better to arrange a meet at a club .[swigers type ha]then you not wasted your time .and mybe not travell to far .good luck

By *ive it to usCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

"just part of the game .thats why you better to arrange a meet at a club .[swigers type ha]then you not wasted your time .and mybe not travell to far .good luck "

That's what we do, Greygor, that's good advice

"I had similar. Arranged to meet. Went there and no sign. A while later just got a message saying "haha""

That's really shit

Wouldn't agree to meet with someone who hadn't invested copious hours before hand. I'm talking months of dialogue

Arranging a meet and being a victim of a no show would do my head in

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Wouldn't agree to meet with someone who hadn't invested copious hours before hand. I'm talking months of dialogue

Arranging a meet and being a victim of a no show would do my head in"

That's interesting logic. Conversely I like to meet for a social relatively quickly. For me I don't want to waste weeks chatting only to find that in person we don't get on or that they are a time waster.

I like to think I'm careful how I choose guys to meet and I only meet with a plan B in place. But I still get caught out occasionally.

It's the nature of the site, there will be deliberate time wasters and lots of people who lose their bottle too

How come you didn't text or ring them when you were at the pub to see where they were ? They might of asked you to wait as they were running late !

By *ollyGWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I only invite people to mine, if they don't show then at least I hsve not wasted any petrol!!!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I usually try to meet at lunch time or after work. That way I've not made a special trip.

Even then I do get no shows too. Occasionally I get given a reason but often they just disappear.

"Wouldn't agree to meet with someone who hadn't invested copious hours before hand. I'm talking months of dialogue

Arranging a meet and being a victim of a no show would do my head in

That's interesting logic. Conversely I like to meet for a social relatively quickly. For me I don't want to waste weeks chatting only to find that in person we don't get on or that they are a time waster.

I like to think I'm careful how I choose guys to meet and I only meet with a plan B in place. But I still get caught out occasionally.

It's the nature of the site, there will be deliberate time wasters and lots of people who lose their bottle too "

This The longer someone chats online without fixing to meet the more likely they're a fantasist

By *RCADIAN HAZECouple  over a year ago

Rotherham/ Barnsley

Should make it so if someone reports u as a no show a generated message comes to ur account if u can not prove that u messaged within a reasonable time b4 meet explaining that u couldn't make it then u get a mark on ur profile with a date so ppl can check it against veri dates to see if they have turned up to meets after

I have had a few no shows for socials and yes its frustrating as you have wasted a lot of time and effort, its all part of swinging and yes very annoying, you just have to take it on the chin and move on to someone else.......who may be genuine and turn up.

"I had similar. Arranged to meet. Went there and no sign. A while later just got a message saying "haha"

That's really shit"

Agreed... This is terrible. Not only did they not show but they also openly admitted to being time wasters by sending that message. This for me is a perfect example of what constitutes as a lifetime ban on the site..admin would be able to see this and issue one immediately surely?

By *p4funCouple  over a year ago

PLYMOUTH

You cant stop it you can exchange mail check veris but still get stood up just block and move on really dont see what they get out of it but "hey life goes on" lol

By *hiterabbit6Couple  over a year ago

Sexytown, Moray

Agreed that there are alot of time wasters on here, but there are also many many genuine friendly people that unfortunately struggle to get even social meets for one reason or another, I started arranging organised socials for this reason and many of the attendees have met future playmates at them.

I never go out of my way now to meet someone individually, but often if I am out with some of my fab friends will put on my status/forums and other 'newbies' turn up, allowing them a chance to get verified and meet new fabbers and for some just some confidence or courage.... I know that for some on this site socials aren't their thing, but we are all individual and I prefer to know someone a bit before I play.

As for timewaster as others have said, block em and move on, life is short

T x

[Removed by poster at 09/04/17 07:45:56]

"Agreed that there are alot of time wasters on here, but there are also many many genuine friendly people that unfortunately struggle to get even social meets for one reason or another, I started arranging organised socials for this reason and many of the attendees have met future playmates at them.

I never go out of my way now to meet someone individually, but often if I am out with some of my fab friends will put on my status/forums and other 'newbies' turn up, allowing them a chance to get verified and meet new fabbers and for some just some confidence or courage.... I know that for some on this site socials aren't their thing, but we are all individual and I prefer to know someone a bit before I play.

As for timewaster as others have said, block em and move on, life is short

T x "

"I had similar. Arranged to meet. Went there and no sign. A while later just got a message saying "haha"

That's really shit

Agreed... This is terrible. Not only did they not show but they also openly admitted to being time wasters by sending that message. This for me is a perfect example of what constitutes as a lifetime ban on the site..admin would be able to see this and issue one immediately surely? "

Fortunately I wasn't actually inconvenienced that much. I had stopped on my way home from somewhere at a place that was literally on my way home. So had a quiet drink and left. Oh well.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"How come you didn't text or ring them when you were at the pub to see where they were ? They might of asked you to wait as they were running late !"

I did check on line but they were off line at the time.

» Add a new message to this topic