FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Blocking...

Blocking...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Am I right to block people if they read my message and don't reply or just delete them, I'm doing this so they don't show up in my searches so I don't waste my time or there time by messaging or winking at them again...right or wrong?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's your profile you do what you feel is right

There's no right or wrong.

You use the tools to make your use of the site how you want it.

The block button is a tool to use so if that's what you want to do, then use it.

I personally think it's a good idea

By *illen5Man  over a year ago

Bath

Rejection mail, I usually say thank you for the response, good luck etc, then save it, to try and remember not to message again.

If your mail is read and no reply or they've read it, but kept the status as unread, then they're probably not interested.

However, if they receive 50+ in a day, they'll concentrate on a few and the rest fall by the wayside. Inevitably, we all re-message, hoping our message is noticed. It's all so very random.

Personally, I block all profiles that I have no interest in. They quickly thin out.

It's a shame that women don't adopt a similar approach. Then if you try and message again you see that you've been blocked. Great, at least you know where you stand and won't bother messaging again.

I think though the reality is that they have too many messages to read, let alone to reply to.

Makes me laugh when I read them complaining about the volume, then annoyed when they claim to have hit the block delete button.

All that effort and outpouring of desire....lost.

So, in answer to your question no, but yes, but no.

M

Bath

Rejection mail, I usually say thank you for the response, good luck etc, then save it, to try and remember not to message again.

If your mail is read and no reply or they've read it, but kept the status as unread, then they're probably not interested.

However, if they receive 50+ in a day, they'll concentrate on a few and the rest fall by the wayside. Inevitably, we all re-message, hoping our message is noticed. It's all so very random.

Personally, I block all profiles that I have no interest in. They quickly thin out.

It's a shame that women don't adopt a similar approach. Then if you try and message again you see that you've been blocked. Great, at least you know where you stand and won't bother messaging again.

I think though the reality is that they have too many messages to read, let alone to reply to.

Makes me laugh when I read them complaining about the volume, then annoyed when they claim to have hit the block delete button.

M

"Am I right to block people if they read my message and don't reply or just delete them, I'm doing this so they don't show up in my searches so I don't waste my time or there time by messaging or winking at them again...right or wrong?"

This is exactly what I do.

I tend to think that blocking closes doors. People might delete a message for a number of reasons - too busy to meet, too many messages to cope with, profile or message doesn't grab their attention. It doesn't necessarily mean that interest would not be possible at some point in the future. After all it's not you personally they are rejecting.

Mrs

"Am I right to block people if they read my message and don't reply or just delete them, I'm doing this so they don't show up in my searches so I don't waste my time or there time by messaging or winking at them again...right or wrong?"

I do this too, although I'm wondering if I've been a bit hasty in the past. I'm quick with the block button if someone has shown their true (unfavourable) colours on the forum, or if they do bareback, or if they've rejected me or been rude. My block list is huge but I can never remember why I've blocked each person

"Am I right to block people if they read my message and don't reply or just delete them, I'm doing this so they don't show up in my searches so I don't waste my time or there time by messaging or winking at them again...right or wrong?

I do this too, although I'm wondering if I've been a bit hasty in the past. I'm quick with the block button if someone has shown their true (unfavourable) colours on the forum, or if they do bareback, or if they've rejected me or been rude. My block list is huge but I can never remember why I've blocked each person "

That's what the private notes or blue box button is for my friend

By *unnyfunt818Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

I do same Aswell. No point keep looking at profile that didn't reply. Straight on block list they go. Saves me wasting time

[Removed by poster at 20/04/17 06:35:16]

"Rejection mail, I usually say thank you for the response, good luck etc, then save it, to try and remember not to message again.

M "

I block anyone I am not interested in meeting, it can seem rude but I,m not into chat, and it saves them wasting their time messaging me again. X

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I love the block button wish it had a sound effect to it (lol) but I usually always reply before I hit it.

I use personal notes for why I chose not to meet but only block when they annoy me...i currently have 35 on my block list from 8 years on fab...personal notes on thousands of profiles though...but as another said...use it the way you want to...

Bath

"I use personal notes for why I chose not to meet but only block when they annoy me...i currently have 35 on my block list from 8 years on fab...personal notes on thousands of profiles though...but as another said...use it the way you want to... "

Sounds ominous. Keeping notes on everyone? Edgar Hoover of FAB.

Bath

"Rejection mail, I usually say thank you for the response, good luck etc, then save it, to try and remember not to message again.

M

I block anyone I am not interested in meeting, it can seem rude but I,m not into chat, and it saves them wasting their time messaging me again. X"

Thank you. Some sanity. Block, block,blockety block. Not rude, just expedient for all concerned.

Size is a bit of an issue for me. Surprised, for all that rampant sex, the pounds should be falling off.

Block at the hint if a fat roll

» Add a new message to this topic