FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Implant - removal

Implant - removal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uppets OP   Couple  over a year ago

cheltenham

hello all,

just wondering if anyone can help me. i am having an implant taken out after having them for 6 yrs, i am going back on the pill as the plan is to try for a bab in the new year. Now i got advised that i should not have sex for a week before removal as there is a chance of getting pregnaunt even if condoms are used.

this bit confuses us....surely sex with a condom would be enough to prevent pregnancy??? why are they saying no sex at all???

any help would be appriciated

xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hundercats69Couple  over a year ago

CT14

I guess it's just in case of the condom tearing or failing in some way?? Presumably because if you did happen to get sperm inside you, it can live for a few days on its travel to 'make babyland' lol

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

If a doctor has advised NO sex then do what the doctors say.......... not ask a load of strangers.

And if you think that a condom is enough to prevent pregnancy........ you need to read up on pregnancy prevention.

Swingers, in my own personal opinion, should never just use condoms to prevent pregnancy, thats just asking for trouble and god help if you got pregnant at a time when you were swinging......

Would you know who the father was 100% for sure?

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

No method of contraception is 100% safe, though the implant is close. So I'd follow the medical advice youw ere given. You can still do oral!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

before removal??

surely you still have the cover of the implant BEFORE it is removed??

but like maddie says, if the docs say no then no it is x

By *uppets OP   Couple  over a year ago

cheltenham

"And if you think that a condom is enough to prevent pregnancy........ you need to read up on pregnancy prevention.

Swingers, in my own personal opinion, should never just use condoms to prevent pregnancy, thats just asking for trouble and god help if you got pregnant at a time when you were swinging......

Would you know who the father was 100% for sure?"

sry, i may have sounded a bit stupid in how the question was written ,but i don't need criticism....

i am aware that condoms are the first line of defence, the implant is being removed because i am going on the pill as we intend to start trying for a baby in new year, and thus being the reason we are not full swinging atm. just wondering if this advice has been commonly put out there?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Go with what your doctor says. Unless you want a happy accident. It happens went the pill to the injection takes a little while to take affect did not wait me stupid and vodka and fell pregnant. And my baby will be 9 on Tuesday.

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"

this bit confuses us....surely sex with a condom would be enough to prevent pregnancy???

xx"

That was your quote........

YOU made it sound as though you thought just using a condom for swinging was enough to prevent pregnancy.

"If a doctor has advised NO sex then do what the doctors say.......... not ask a load of strangers.

And if you think that a condom is enough to prevent pregnancy........ you need to read up on pregnancy prevention.

Would you know who the father was 100% for sure?"

+1

"hello all,

just wondering if anyone can help me. i am having an implant taken out after having them for 6 yrs, i am going back on the pill as the plan is to try for a bab in the new year. Now i got advised that i should not have sex for a week before removal as there is a chance of getting pregnaunt even if condoms are used.

this bit confuses us....surely sex with a condom would be enough to prevent pregnancy??? why are they saying no sex at all???

xx"

how can you get pregnant a week before the implant is taken out?

Surely while its still inside you your still covered by its hormones?

I think doctors are advising because of the last implant people having got pregnant with issues such as this..and I know they got sued quite a bit...

... and why can you not start taking the pill before you come off the implant..

As I am taking both pill and have the implant on my doctors advise...

cali

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

Some people come across so bloody harsh on these forums. It's a wonder anyone outside the Fab central sanctum posts at all!

OP - if in doubt, contact your local family planning clinic for clarification. Hope all goes well and to plan.

» Add a new message to this topic