FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Musings from a newbie

Musings from a newbie

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Right been on here for a few months now and adjusting to things, but thought I'd share some things that I've picked up in that time.

Understand what you are getting into .... emotionally... and physically. It's all very well wanting NSA SEX, but your brain needs to be able to cope with this as well as your body.

Meet socially... It's good to hook up for a meet socially first, you can understand if there is a click, but also helps keep you safe.

Set ground rules and boundaries.... boundaries are things that you will likely challenge yourself on and pushing them can make you happy, but ground rules are things that will likely make you unhappy if you push them too far.

Understand and respect the ground rules and boundaries of others... If you want to try anything that you think might sit on the edges of someone's boundaries, and isn't clear on their profile, talk about it first... we are all adults here and if you can't be open about it then you may miss out.

Play safe... condoms, condoms, condoms. But it doesn't stop there, get yourself checked out regularly. It's a responsibility you owe to yourself, your playing partners, and others in your private life.

Have fun... sometimes sex is just what is needed, however sometimes be prepared to go with the flow and have a laugh.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Oh another one.

Be honest in all your dealings.... what you like and don't like; what your situation is with regards to meeting or not meeting etc.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

the main problem is Honesty

some people dont like it x

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Hi hun and glad you are having fun...but remember they are your rules,no one else's.

We dont do social meets...this thing is about choice

Agreed... honesty is an acquired taste. My choice is that I do prefer it, if it doesn't fit with others then in reality they probably aren't for me anyway. Had enough crap in personal life where honesty was way down the list prior to joining here that it is something I to to adhere to now.

Absolutely... that's why I titled the posts musings rather than rules... these aren't rules really, just thoughts that have been going through my head over the last few months.

Felt it was one thing that when I started out here that there was very limited info out there for us newbies. And the health one, despite always playing safe throughout my life, wasn't even something that popped into my head until a chance conversation

Agree re choice... again these are my choices, but if they help other newbies either formulating questions they need answered, or coming to answers then I thought it would be worthwhile to do.

» Add a new message to this topic