FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Meets

Meets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When you've met a couple/single and get on well, Just how much into your personal life do you go? Is it better to swing close to home or farther afield.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *roticGoddessXXWoman  over a year ago

Richmond

I'd say it really depends on the person/people and how intimate you want to get with them. I've made quite a few very good friends on the scene over the years who know quite a bit about me. Equally, there are many, many people who only know me by my username here and a hint of the area I live in.

Go with your gut about how much you want to show/tell anyone.

As for how close to play, I generally have appreciated someone relatively close by, but that just depends on personal comfort levels. A lot of people will only play with people who are not in the vicinity.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've met family, usually children, from teenage to older and the occasional friend of couples and single females that I have met.

Many people want to keep the two separate, understandably, but I would suggest it depends on the individuals concerned. Obviously some subjects are best avoided, but that is really common sense. I've just been introduced as a friend. I guess it depends on how much you trust them.

As for how close? Some people will not meet those within a certain milage and I used to think the same, but then I came to the conclusion that they wouldn't want others knowing any more than I did. The closest I have played with, was a 10 minute walk across some fields. I have bumped into her in the local supermarket and other than just a 'hi, how are you?' nothing else was said. Two people that know each other, saying hello.

We did refrain from talking about our sex lives and shagging in front of the tills!

Over the years I have to kept my private life private. I have met locally and further a field it depends how comfortable you are.

Thanks for the replys much appreciated, possibly as I'm still relatively new to the scene, I kind of want to keep it separate, and that may well change in time.

Right now I'm still learning.

Thanks again

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I keep things separate but when you get to being friends with someone for 5 years the boundaries can go

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I’m very good friends with some - going to one of their weddings, despite the fact that his partner isn’t a swinger (but she knows about us, obviously!). Others don’t know a damn thing about me beyond the general chit chat. It’s a gut instinct with me. When I meet someone, I just know if I’m going to be open or closed with them.

Unless there's a real chemistry that's obviously there. I keep my swinging life away from everything else. Always have done.

Thanks all, it's great to get some insight, my gut has been right twice so far... haven't met folks we really want to have a deep friendship with so far but least I know it's not taboo to do so.

» Add a new message to this topic