FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Meeting in person

Meeting in person

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I went to a club this week and people I have been chatting to for months and for hours online completely ignored me, should I feel bad or glad that they have shown there true colours.

My current feeling is sad, and a little confused because I am so bad they can’t be seen talking to me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I went to a club this week and people I have been chatting to for months and for hours online completely ignored me, should I feel bad or glad that they have shown there true colours.

My current feeling is sad, and a little confused because I am so bad they can’t be seen talking to me."

Perhaps a confidence issue on their part, or perhaps just rudeness or idiocy.

Either way, their loss!

"I went to a club this week and people I have been chatting to for months and for hours online completely ignored me, should I feel bad or glad that they have shown there true colours.

My current feeling is sad, and a little confused because I am so bad they can’t be seen talking to me."

how are you bad?

and if they choose to ignore you after all those hours off talking then defiantly shows true colours. common courtesy is to to say hello to one another and have basic manners.

thier loss!

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Maybe they were just busy or didn't recognise you it does happen in clubs unfortunately.

Either way don't put yourself down over it. Chin up and boobie hugs

I guess I just expected more of a conversation that was all, just feel pretty shit about it atm

I’m sure it’s a recognition thing. People only spot me for my tattoos.

My current feeling is sad, and a little confused because I am so bad they can’t be seen talking to me.

Maybe they were just busy or didn't recognise you it does happen in clubs unfortunately.

Either way don't put yourself down over it. Chin up and boobie hugs "

They where not busy and they new it was me, I introduced myself to them. Just feel a bit sad atm

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Please fill the gaps. Did you speak with them in the club? Did they know who you were? Have they ever say they would play with you? Were they already meeting someone else?

Don't take it personally. They obviously weren't worth bothering with. Their loss xxx

"Please fill the gaps. Did you speak with them in the club? Did they know who you were? Have they ever say they would play with you? Were they already meeting someone else? "

Yes, we’d spoken that day about both going to the club.

Yes, I introduced myself.

I was never expecting to play (way out of my league)

I expect so, I was never looking to play with them. But just a chat.

By *inful xWoman  over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

Don't feel bad. It's not you, it's them. They obviously don't have any manners at all to behave like that after months of chat.

I'd block them and move on and find some new friends

"Don't feel bad. It's not you, it's them. They obviously don't have any manners at all to behave like that after months of chat.

I'd block them and move on and find some new friends "

Great minds think alike, I’m sure they won’t even notice

u chatted them for months n when u met them u never want play with them so I don't know y u surprised by the outcome maybe they were looking to play they don't want chat hung around with u n miss others who would like to play that's what happens when you throw ur self on the market

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Either way don't put yourself down over it. Chin up and boobie hugs

They where not busy and they new it was me, I introduced myself to them. Just feel a bit sad atm "

Don't feel sad it's not worth your time or effort.

Keep your chin up, I fully understand why you feel sad but move on and let it go.. Best for you.

They obviously aren't worth it x

Im sure you didnt do anything wrong, its so easy to become dissalusioned on here, when poeple ignore you, or treat you like that, it can very easily dent your self confidence, .....i never thought id see the day i quoted taylor swift, shake it off , xxx

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

I think even if no play they could have made time to chat. Did they not even give some pleasantries?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Did they just ignore you when you introduced yourself or did they chat briefly?

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Its just part of meeting people face to face. Sometimes you hit it off other times it doesn't work out.

We tend to assume people will not show or not like us in the flesh. That way everything else is a bonus.

By *offee and Cream 2Couple (MM)  over a year ago

Loughborough

Perhaps they were intimidated by your beauty.

By *uicy72Woman  over a year ago

North Colchester

That’s awful !

Don’t feel bad you’ve done nothing wrong xx

Just move on and find new friends

they obviously weren’t worth talking to.

I find that god dam rude especially as you’ve talked a lot , play or no play a conversation would of been polite x

There’s lots of friendly people at clubs to talk to don’t waste precious time.

Good Luck

next time you attend a club jusy have fun and enjoy x

By *oredShitlessxxxCouple  over a year ago

luton

They obviously dont like you... and your weeks of chatting to forum warriors was a waste of time.... simples really

luton

Ps ... most sites have forums and little clicks of forumites that dominate the forums, just the way it is hunny, dont worry about it and get out there and meet us nice folk

X

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Ps ... most sites have forums and little clicks of forumites that dominate the forums, just the way it is hunny, dont worry about it and get out there and meet us nice folk

X"

The op hasn't mentioned anywhere that these people were from the forums.

luton

"Ps ... most sites have forums and little clicks of forumites that dominate the forums, just the way it is hunny, dont worry about it and get out there and meet us nice folk

X

The op hasn't mentioned anywhere that these people were from the forums."

To us it sounds like it though... entitled to our opinion surely?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

X

To us it sounds like it though... entitled to our opinion surely?"

Yes, just as I'm entitled to mine.

luton

X

To us it sounds like it though... entitled to our opinion surely?

Yes, just as I'm entitled to mine.

"

Of course.....

X

To us it sounds like it though... entitled to our opinion surely?"

You are indeed and probably 100% correct

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

Some people have online personas and can’t live up to the hype in real life .. just assume this is the case for them and move on with your head held high. Mrs xx

People ignore me too (all the time) and it annoys me

sadly some people can be like this. my advice next time find someone to go with ( a friend) and a better club or event

hugs x

Sadly this website is full of people who don't show up, cancel last minute or just ignore you if you actually make it face to face. But then again that's the same for any dating website because some people act different in person as it's easier to talk yourself up online than in real life. But don't give up or let it knock you down because it happens to everyone no matter how good looking you are! Just wait till you meet the right one, I'm talking to a girl and we get on so great but I've had my fair share of dead end conversations or last minute cancellations.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Who needs bad friends .....

Or perhaps they didn't know who you were....

"Sadly this website is full of people who don't show up, cancel last minute or just ignore you if you actually make it face to face. But then again that's the same for any dating website because some people act different in person as it's easier to talk yourself up online than in real life. But don't give up or let it knock you down because it happens to everyone no matter how good looking you are! Just wait till you meet the right one, I'm talking to a girl and we get on so great but I've had my fair share of dead end conversations or last minute cancellations."

have faith x

"Sadly this website is full of people who don't show up, cancel last minute or just ignore you if you actually make it face to face. But then again that's the same for any dating website because some people act different in person as it's easier to talk yourself up online than in real life. But don't give up or let it knock you down because it happens to everyone no matter how good looking you are! Just wait till you meet the right one, I'm talking to a girl and we get on so great but I've had my fair share of dead end conversations or last minute cancellations.

have faith x"

Ah I have I've met a girl off here and it's awesome! We get on so great and talk everyday since we've swapped numbers. I was just letting her know that she shouldn't give up because she can have a successful story like mine and others on here but there will a lot of dead end convos x

Thanks everyone, had a chat with a true friend and feel much better about things, nice to know it was not just me who thought it was rude/ignorant

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

If they have the cheek to message you again I would ignore them and block for their rudeness, but that's me x

It would be a step up for me to be ignored! Usually if is Fuck off you ugly old bugger!

By *eady and Willing 9Man  over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

Are you saying you approached them and said hello and they ignored You?. Or are you saying that they know what you look like,you know what they look like and neither of you approached one another?

If I was lucky enough to meet you in person, I certainly wouldn’t ignore you!!!!!!!

Their loss, idiots!

By *izzlemoonMan  over a year ago

Bath

maybe it was one of those off evenings but it would be sad if this tainted your view of clubs. sure your next time will be positive. also at least you went. am somewhat of a misanthrope and imagine as a single guy it being arkward and exclutionary which puts me off.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's important to feel good about yourself when it becomes clear that others aren't right for you - they may try to push their issues and baggage on to you, but ensure you stay clear of it.

Those inadequate for you at least help you to open up your options again, so you waste no further time.

If you can learn anything about how you got mistaken about them, even better, so you are able to avoid similar in future.

Lots of people are skilled at inadequate relationship formation and partly survive by dumping their emotional baggage that result upon the people that they start their weak attempts with.

The internet can open people up to being ensnared by these self-limited people but you have potentially got off easier than if they strung you along further.

Take care of yourself

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

You deserve better. Forget it and move on. Life's too short to dwell on negative moments.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

Sounds like they’ve shown their true colours, in various shades of grey. Balls to them. I’ve received similar treatment in clubs, been ignored, had people look the other way when I approached etc, but thought that was just because I was a single guy. Whatever, I’m still drawing breath, and do very well for meets outside of clubs, it’s their loss

By *RnMrsFreakCouple  over a year ago

Hull,England

Dicks! But we've had this too, you're not alone and many here will have had something similar. Yeah it's a bit shit but it often turns out they're not so popular, usually for good reason.

Just try to move on swiftly ever looking forwards

Did they know it was you? I'm notoriously bad at recognising people I've been talking to in clubs, luckily I seem to talk to people with better memories than me

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

Do you mean after you've made your introductions face to face in a club?

We often trade messages ahead of going to a club but more often than not don't end up chatting face to face with people we've messages beforehand.

This is never intentional. Just we are rubbish at recognising people even when we've seen face pics. And I'm even more rubbish with names....

It's always a relief when someone comes up to us and asks who we are...cos quite frankly we are rubbish at it!

» Add a new message to this topic