FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Repeat messaging

Repeat messaging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Scenario, someone catches my eye on here so I send them a message, now its known that most women on here are inundated with messages so its common im sure to skip a few.

My question is if ive mailed someone and they havent read it for days do I assume they werent interested or that they just havent seen it? I dont want to repeatedly message someone but at the same time if I just messaged at the wrong time could be a missed opportunity. Discuss lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They may have read and marked as unread. I’d leave it if I were you.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

8 times out of 10 they have looked at a profile before opening the message and decided to jog on.

However it *might* be ok to send one more message a few weeks or even months later.... A different message of course and only if you really match what they are looking for.

By *ANDA2Couple  over a year ago

Henley Arden

They may have gone straight to your profile. Viewed it and decided your not for them.

If they don't fancy you then they may not even read the message as they have no intention of meeting.

Harsh but true.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"They may have gone straight to your profile. Viewed it and decided your not for them.

If they don't fancy you then they may not even read the message as they have no intention of meeting.

Harsh but true.

"

saves wasted time on both sides

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Scenario, someone catches my eye on here so I send them a message, now its known that most women on here are inundated with messages so its common im sure to skip a few.

My question is if ive mailed someone and they havent read it for days do I assume they werent interested or that they just havent seen it? I dont want to repeatedly message someone but at the same time if I just messaged at the wrong time could be a missed opportunity. Discuss lol "

There is no easy answer here. It is possible your message just got missed. So maybe try once more after a week or two. Have to accept they may have seen it and just aren't interested and just not got around to deleting it. Some even just let their messages fall out the bottom of their list and never delete. It's also possible that they have seen and will get back to you at some point. You could send that second message and they might think pushy bugger and be put off you.

In a nutshell you can't win.

"They may have gone straight to your profile. Viewed it and decided your not for them.

Harsh but true.

saves wasted time on both sides"

add it could be a copy and pasted message to

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Do you send a proper message or something like 'How r u' or 'free now?'. I never reply to anything where I can read the whole message without opening it.

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"Scenario, someone catches my eye on here so I send them a message, now its known that most women on here are inundated with messages so its common im sure to skip a few.

My question is if ive mailed someone and they havent read it for days do I assume they werent interested or that they just havent seen it? I dont want to repeatedly message someone but at the same time if I just messaged at the wrong time could be a missed opportunity. Discuss lol "

Tricky one as I myself miss messages but then yes I am guilty of reading messages and marking them unread until I have time to reply but forgetting about them

By *..The Devil Inside ...Man  over a year ago

Cardiff'ish

My question is if ive mailed someone and they havent read it for days do I assume they werent interested or that they just havent seen it? I dont want to repeatedly message someone but at the same time if I just messaged at the wrong time could be a missed opportunity. Discuss lol

There is no easy answer here. It is possible your message just got missed. So maybe try once more after a week or two. Have to accept they may have seen it and just aren't interested and just not got around to deleting it. Some even just let their messages fall out the bottom of their list and never delete. It's also possible that they have seen and will get back to you at some point. You could send that second message and they might think pushy bugger and be put off you.

In a nutshell you can't win."

Bleedin' minefield innit!!

Don't try - you're out of the running before starting.

Try again and you run the risk of being brandished pushy!

I've sent second messages with a "trying one more time in case it was missed, but if it was a thanks but no thanks, please tell me and I'll know not to bother you again". has worked a few times (either opened a dialogue or been given that thanks but...)

Many profiles do say 'if I don't reply it's a no'!! Not worth trying them again

"Do you send a proper message or something like 'How r u' or 'free now?'. I never reply to anything where I can read the whole message without opening it. "

For the most part I always send a proper message, although I have occasionally been lazy, but I know why I dont hear back from them lol

Delete your sent mail as soon as you've sent it, then you won't know what the recipient has done with it. You'll either get a reply or you won't, no stressing over it. If they are interested then they will reply.

"Delete your sent mail as soon as you've sent it, then you won't know what the recipient has done with it. You'll either get a reply or you won't, no stressing over it. If they are interested then they will reply."

Yeah thats what I started to do recently just wanted to see others look on it

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Delete your sent mail as soon as you've sent it, then you won't know what the recipient has done with it. You'll either get a reply or you won't, no stressing over it. If they are interested then they will reply.

Yeah thats what I started to do recently just wanted to see others look on it "

It’s really simple. Once you have sent a message it no longer belongs to you.

Just forget it.

By *hamboy69Man  over a year ago

huddersfield

"Delete your sent mail as soon as you've sent it, then you won't know what the recipient has done with it. You'll either get a reply or you won't, no stressing over it. If they are interested then they will reply.

Yeah thats what I started to do recently just wanted to see others look on it "

My advice would be Bloc them and move on it's that simple

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

If I don't reply to a message, then it's as far as I'm concerned a "no thanks" but I always delete which the sender would see.

Getting a 2nd message would annoy me.

Quite often get ones weeks, even months later & it's obvious from what's written the sender has no memory they've messaged me before.

Harsh as it is, but I now block the majority, just saves time on everyone's parts.

As suggested earlier...if you are really keen, leave it a week or so and then send a message.

People have lives outside if here and mistakes do happen so it could have been overlooked. But repeated messaging, especially when I haven't replied to your first one, would have me running for the hills. Good luck!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Don't message again - say for a minimum of a year

By *..The Devil Inside ...Man  over a year ago

Cardiff'ish

"If I don't reply to a message, then it's as far as I'm concerned a "no thanks" but I always delete which the sender would see.

Quite often get ones weeks, even months later & it's obvious from what's written the sender has no memory they've messaged me before.

Harsh as it is, but I now block the majority, just saves time on everyone's parts. "

They can't give you the excuse they have no memory - Fab has a big bold warning if you try a second message along the lines of, "you messaged once, they haven't replied, take it as a no"

Yes, I know... I've ignored it once or twice

They only have themselves to blame, if they allow so many messages that they can't read them all, block the ones they aren't interested in and delete them.

You only have yourself to blame if you keep messaging the same profiles and don't get an answer.

I've met people I've previous said no thanks to and didn't block.

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I met my ex boyfriend after he’d messaged me twice and I’d ignored and deleted the first one. We were inseparable for 3 years.

V x

I would only message the once and assume if you do not get a reply it's a no.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Harsh but true.

"

He is fully aware of this scenario ?

They may have totally missed the man's message too

They may have just done a bulk delete

They may have done lots of things the op clearly noted this fact that they MAY

The fact is he does not know

The fact is they MAY not have read and rejected

It MAY be just as if he had not messaged even once

It MAY be that they have not seen his message and if they had they MAY have found it charming him beautiful and want to reply

The fact remains he does NOT KNOW

Why make a random assessment that he has been rejected when it is quite plausible and reasonable he MAY not have been

I always find the one way condescending MAY argument amusing !

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"If I don't reply to a message, then it's as far as I'm concerned a "no thanks" but I always delete which the sender would see.

Harsh as it is, but I now block the majority, just saves time on everyone's parts.

They can't give you the excuse they have no memory - Fab has a big bold warning if you try a second message along the lines of, "you messaged once, they haven't replied, take it as a no"

Yes, I know... I've ignored it once or twice "

I've had several 'discussions' with some who have insisted they've never messaged me before.

One even after I screenshot our WhatsApp conversation & posted it back to him!

» Add a new message to this topic