FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Message filters

Message filters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ANDA2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Henley Arden

Hi

We have message filters set so only ages 40-60 can message us. Yet today a guy well below 40 emailed us.

Any idea how this is possible?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Have you messaged them previously?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You must of messaged them before only way to stop that person now is to block them personally. Filters don’t work if you’ve pm someone

I get this alot from people I've never messaged before I say thanks but no ...then block if need be

Henley Arden

"Have you messaged them previously?"

No. Not are far as i can remember.

Initially we didn’t have message filters adjusted but then adjusted them to cut down on unwanted mail. So it is a possibility he emailed us before and we replied.

The guy sent an opening email to us. We politely pointed out he was outside our age range and declined. Unfortunately then received a mildly insulting email back from him so block button used.

"You must of messaged them before only way to stop that person now is to block them personally. Filters don’t work if you’ve pm someone "
I get it from people I've never sent a pm to

Henley Arden

"You must of messaged them before only way to stop that person now is to block them personally. Filters don’t work if you’ve pm someone I get it from people I've never sent a pm to "

Hi

Just double checked and we have never messaged him in the past. Profiles record if you have emailed someone in the past.

So it does seem the filters are not working perfectly or as advertised.

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Anyone you have messaged, winked at or have on a friends list or hot list is exempt from your filters.

That said, I’m sure the filters are not entirely infallible as there are quite a few techy gremlins in the system! I got blocked from messaging last week for trying to send an internet link, when there was nothing remotely like a link in my message!!

It’s all done on algorithms, so it’s only as good as the technology & programming behind it

"Have you messaged them previously?

No. Not are far as i can remember.

Initially we didn’t have message filters adjusted but then adjusted them to cut down on unwanted mail. So it is a possibility he emailed us before and we replied.

The guy sent an opening email to us. We politely pointed out he was outside our age range and declined. Unfortunately then received a mildly insulting email back from him so block button used. "

It's the only way round filters as far as i know.

"Anyone you have messaged, winked at or have on a friends list or hot list is exempt from your filters.

That said, I’m sure the filters are not entirely infallible as there are quite a few techy gremlins in the system! I got blocked from messaging last week for trying to send an internet link, when there was nothing remotely like a link in my message!!

It’s all done on algorithms, so it’s only as good as the technology & programming behind it "

Wait hot list gets you round filters? Are you 100% sure on that?

Henley Arden

"Anyone you have messaged, winked at or have on a friends list or hot list is exempt from your filters.

It’s all done on algorithms, so it’s only as good as the technology & programming behind it "

As stated.

If you have emailed someone it shows on their profile. We had not emailed, winked, hot listed or any other such contact.

He just emailed us cold call.

As you said the IT is not infallible.

It’s all done on algorithms, so it’s only as good as the technology & programming behind it

As stated.

If you have emailed someone it shows on their profile. We had not emailed, winked, hot listed or any other such contact.

He just emailed us cold call.

As you said the IT is not infallible. "

Glitch in the Matrix indeed.

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Wait hot list gets you round filters? Are you 100% sure on that?"

No, not 100% ... but I’m sure I was told this a long while back - if someone is on your hotlist & therefore their updates feed directly to you, the link between your profiles allows the filter to be bypassed.

Wouldn’t like to swear to it though!

» Add a new message to this topic