FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Can this lifestyle work around BV?

Can this lifestyle work around BV?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi guys,

A year ago I had a Bartholin Abscess removed at hospital, within a week of the op I had an infection (not uncommon these days to come out of hospitial with an infection)

Anyhoo, the problem has been recurring over the past year with the longest 'clear' period being only 3 weeks at a time.

Due to being on antibiotics for the most part, all my swabs were coming back as negative until this week.

I have been thinking all this time that it was tied to the Bartholin site, but apparently I have BV.

I'm told this is NOT an STD and cannot be passed to men 'ever' but will always be recurring. It is caused by a PH imbalance which in turn causes good bacteria to go a bit apeshit and be bad.

However, I just found out through lots of googling on line that it CAN be passed to other females whilst it is active.

I'm GUTTED

I was wondering if any of the other ladies on this site have this? and if so, how they have managed to fit it around this lifestyle?

I know this is a personal subject, and will understand if an open thread is not the place to reply, but any advice would so great to hear.

I've only just gotten into this world and don't want to have to walk away from it having already met some lovely people.

Thanks...sorry about the overly long post.

Fia xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Very honest post and wish you well x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you tried Balance activ you can get them off shelf in tesco and they help boost the ph level of the vagina , if you want any more info pm me x

"Have you tried Balance activ you can get them off shelf in tesco and they help boost the ph level of the vagina , if you want any more info pm me x"

Hi, thank you for that, I will do

"Very honest post and wish you well x

"

Thank you x

Hey Fia,

I've just typed in 'is BV curable' on a google search and the results should put a smile on your face!

Sorry I can't post the links due to site rules bit I encourage you to ask google the same question xx

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

When i was active in the Gay rights scene,we gave out dental damns,i would talk to your GUM clinic about the use of these.

Good luckxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone, I did already think the GUM clinic might be a good place start, I'm due a visit there anyway and do have lots of questions for them.

I'll google that exact question thanks, I spent hours on line getting nothing but bad news! so I'm glad you have found something more positive.... runs off to google again

"Have you tried Balance activ you can get them off shelf in tesco and they help boost the ph level of the vagina , if you want any more info pm me x

Hi, thank you for that, I will do "

I had several bouts of this a couple of years ago and used it to great effect.

And its free from the GUM clininc not ten quid a pop xx

Oh Wow! this is all brilliantly positive I've read so many crappy things about BV, I can't tell you how relieved I am, I honestly thought there was no way to get shot of it.

Thanks so much for the input girls, I feel a whole lot better about this today.

Really wish my GP had been more positive!

xxxxxx

"Have you tried Balance activ you can get them off shelf in tesco and they help boost the ph level of the vagina , if you want any more info pm me x

Hi, thank you for that, I will do

I had several bouts of this a couple of years ago and used it to great effect.

And its free from the GUM clininc not ten quid a pop xx"

now thats something i didnt know thank you for that x

I had bv for the first time ever a few months back,Dr at the gum clinic said that some condoms esp those with lube can effect the p.h balance and bring it on.

stopped usng the mates lube + and been fine since.

I've had bv twice in about 3 years, and has always gone away with a course of antibiotics. The likely hood is you do keep getting it but not often, and it's nothing to worry about xxx

Again, thanks

I guess I have just been really unlucky for the last year, I'm on my umpteenth course and 4th 'type' of antibiotic at the moment and just praying that it works properly this time, along with the PH stuff recommended here today

Very glad to hear that the ladies here who have had problems are all sorted out, and it will keep me in a more positive mood for sure

xx

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

[Removed by poster at 15/10/11 15:02:59]

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Again, thanks

I guess I have just been really unlucky for the last year, I'm on my umpteenth course and 4th 'type' of antibiotic at the moment and just praying that it works properly this time, along with the PH stuff recommended here today

Very glad to hear that the ladies here who have had problems are all sorted out, and it will keep me in a more positive mood for sure

xx "

So refreshing to hear of your concern for playmates. I hope that the other ladies advice has been helpful and that you recover quickly.

It takes a lot of guts to be as open and honest as you have been and I admire you for it!

Gosh thanks, but all the replies have been just as honest, as well as incredibly helpful

xxx

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Bacterial Vaginosis is best helped by looking after yourself.

Seriously.

It's just an imbalance in fanny flora ( bacteria ) downside is the odour and excess discharge but it's not down to being unclean or diseased.

Get yourself well in other ways..... cut out junk ..... eat well .....

Go to docs and get a gel to squirt up with an applicator and use it properly. I'll try to get the name of the gel in a mo.

Eating , drinking and sleeping well will help.

King's Crustacean

P.S.

I note you are on your fourth type of anti biotic.....

Ask for the gel........ use it as stated.

I've never heard of this before but if it's an imbalance in the bacteria then using a non perfumed liquid wash specially for keeping the feminine area fresh (will let you work the name out!) might help as soap and shower gels can affect the ph especially if they're perfumed. Good luck getting it sorted. X

BV is not an STD, IT CAN HOWEVER DECREASE YOUR RESISTANCE to other forms of STD.

It's a hormonl imbalance, usually and cruelly noted on your notes as FF ( fishy fanny )

There is no evidence of female to male tranference although there are documented cases of female-female transference.

Try clindamycin or metronidazole. Ensure the course is completed.

Reducing the number of sexual partners is recommended I will add, also a new sexual partner can initiate an episode of BV. Sorry but that's the way it is.

Visiting the GUM clinic is a must as they are far more qualified to comment and advise than I am

By *LBishCouple  over a year ago

near bury st edmunds

"I've never heard of this before but if it's an imbalance in the bacteria then using a non perfumed liquid wash specially for keeping the feminine area fresh (will let you work the name out!) might help as soap and shower gels can affect the ph especially if they're perfumed. Good luck getting it sorted. X"

I was also told that at the GUM clinic, perfumed soaps are a big cause. Only hand it once phewww, but just follow advice at GUM clinic, think they are the best for advice, as they see it day in day out xx

Do not take antibiotics over time it makes the situation worse. Stop wearing thongs regularly, no perfumed products and try Dalacin cream which is a vaginal cream from GUM clinic or Dr, no problems since and I also use Balance Activ for maintenence, salt water baths or one of those salt deordorising sticks to rub around area regularly Wish you all the best, you don't have to live with it.

King's Crustacean

"BV is not an STD, IT CAN HOWEVER DECREASE YOUR RESISTANCE to other forms of STD.

It's a hormonl imbalance, usually and cruelly noted on your notes as FF ( fishy fanny )

There is no evidence of female to male tranference although there are documented cases of female-female transference.

Try clindamycin or metronidazole. Ensure the course is completed.

Reducing the number of sexual partners is recommended I will add, also a new sexual partner can initiate an episode of BV. Sorry but that's the way it is.

Visiting the GUM clinic is a must as they are far more qualified to comment and advise than I am"

Ask to see your notes. If it says 'fishy fanny' punch someone. Then get out of there as you won't be getting seen by professionals.

Balance Activ worked for me, as did changing to the Simple brand of soap away from Dove.

Its not an STD, its also known as a 'hostile womb', and is just a build up of unfriendly bacteria- hence the perception of a smell.

But if you bathe in clean water (daily should be sufficient) - in fact too much cleaning doesn't allow the natural sectretions to help protect you.

Oh and excellent advice given above

DO NOT WEAR THONGS

FF seen it on notes, sad, but true

By *BW38jWoman  over a year ago

Dudley/Telford

"Hi guys,

A year ago I had a Bartholin Abscess removed at hospital, within a week of the op I had an infection (not uncommon these days to come out of hospitial with an infection)

Anyhoo, the problem has been recurring over the past year with the longest 'clear' period being only 3 weeks at a time.

Due to being on antibiotics for the most part, all my swabs were coming back as negative until this week.

I have been thinking all this time that it was tied to the Bartholin site, but apparently I have BV.

I'm told this is NOT an STD and cannot be passed to men 'ever' but will always be recurring. It is caused by a PH imbalance which in turn causes good bacteria to go a bit apeshit and be bad.

However, I just found out through lots of googling on line that it CAN be passed to other females whilst it is active.

I'm GUTTED

I was wondering if any of the other ladies on this site have this? and if so, how they have managed to fit it around this lifestyle?

I know this is a personal subject, and will understand if an open thread is not the place to reply, but any advice would so great to hear.

I've only just gotten into this world and don't want to have to walk away from it having already met some lovely people.

Thanks...sorry about the overly long post.

Fia xxx "

you can get a gel for that in boots its not an infection its as u said a ph imbalance thats all

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for all the comments, Kaycard I am already aware of all those risks you mension part of the reason I was asking how to fit it around this lifestyle

I already have the intravaginal Gel from the Doc to use now and after the current antibiotic course, I have enough for 6 months and will also be using the stuff suggested above. I also am using PH wash on me fanny, and have been seriously thinking about my diet and health generally.

I'll be phoning the GUM clinic tomorrow to make an appointment to have a good chat with them.

As to the 'fishy fanny' ... mine never smelled like that...... it smelled much worse!! lol!

Anyhoo, at long last they seem to have hit the right treatment, things are much improved. I may step back from the meets for short while, at least till I have spoken with the guys at the clinic.

Thanks again everyone... here's wishing you all happy healthy fannys xx

Keep us informed as to how it's going it's great we can talk about this and all help each other along xx

i can completly sympathise with you i had it earlier this year and was back and forth to the doctors. i now use balance active when i know its starting so it doesnt go so bad. my doctor and the gum clinic have said it might b caused my coil ive got in.i think its caused by condoms as others have said as i havent had sex in a while ive had no problems. hope you get it under control x

Cheers hunny, I will do and yeah, I hope the thread does help other folks as it has me

xx

"i can completly sympathise with you i had it earlier this year and was back and forth to the doctors. i now use balance active when i know its starting so it doesnt go so bad. my doctor and the gum clinic have said it might b caused my coil ive got in.i think its caused by condoms as others have said as i havent had sex in a while ive had no problems. hope you get it under control x"

Apparently you don't have to have had sex to get it, but I have read forums on line too where women have had the coil removed...some say it helped and others not.

Hope you get yours sorted hon x

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

- And Fia, now that you have been on anti-biotics for ages I would suggest that you get some acidophilus capsules from the health food shop and take them for a week or two, to re-establish your natural gut flora too. They will have been killed off along with the unwanted bacteriae.

Take care

Jane x

By *d4janeCouple  over a year ago

HOVE

Wow, guys I have to say that I have just read all of these comments and found them so useful.

I had BV a year ago and it really troubled me as I had never heard of it but thankfully sorted it with antibiotics but did not know about the preventative actions that could be taken.

Thanks for all your posts as I now have a wealth of knowledge if it (hopefully NEVER!) returns again.

Well done Fia for having the guts to post something that affects so many of us.

Thanks guys

I can get it if I spend too long in the jacuzzi. Hence I would use Balance Activ after a trip to Chams, just one or two tubes usually does the trick for me.

Good luck!

I had this and agree with many of the posts

First thing is to get to the bottom of what causes it in you. For me it was/is Mates condoms and Molton Brown anything!!!!

Then a dose of antiBs should clear it

I've never had a reoccurance

Honestly, it can be fine

[Removed by poster at 19/12/11 06:24:22]

For the record I had no smell and I thought it was thrush

Mine cleared up without antiBs and once I figured out the triggers I've been ok

» Add a new message to this topic