FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Am I being too cautious?

Am I being too cautious?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *RealHandful OP   Woman  over a year ago

Manchester

When guys or couples message me and say they only have face pictures through kik it really puts me off. Especially when they send photos of the woman and not the guy.

Since the direct photo feature was added I’ve always felt like there’s no reason not to be able to send pictures through fab. Am I being overly wary?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

Not at all! Trust your gut feelings about someone who won’t send pics in here, as it’s every bit as easy to use Fab as it is to use kik. If they only have a ‘library’ in kik, then they are probably using either stolen pics, or out-of-date pics

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

No, op. Fab facilitates the exchange of pics very well, we've had requests to swap via kik and other platforms and our answer I'd always no, it isn't necessary.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

No op,

I agree and think they probably just want to swap dirty pics or have sex chat but no meet.

Miss

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

No, we never take discussion away from fab. I think its entirely sensible not to.

By *FFB69Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

Be mindful that the direct pic option is only for site supporters I believe. So not everyone can send one that way.

Kik is as anonymous as fab, lots of people including myself, prefer it to exchanging numbers.

Some are paranoid about putting pictures onto a website, private or not.

Just something to bare in mind.

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Right to be cautious.. why not add as friends and see photos...

One of the reasons I personally do not use kik. Agree one can put fake pics on fab.. tools are available in fab.. why go elsewhere... i smell a fish

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Lea Marston

I prefer to chat on here and only swap external details if I'm comfortable with someone.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"Be mindful that the direct pic option is only for site supporters I believe. So not everyone can send one that way.

Kik is as anonymous as fab, lots of people including myself, prefer it to exchanging numbers.

Just something to bare in mind. "

Is kik anonymous?

There is a feature to find friends via your contacts. If you can find them on kik, they can also find you.

Also keep in mind kik is still just another online portal. It maybe a messaging app but it would take all of 3 seconds to take a pic sent via kik and put it on a pic sharing website.

The message to message service maybe encrypted but once they have that pic it's like any other pic and can be used and distributed without your control.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Actually just found out there is a setting to stop friends finding you.

Lol.

But the pic stuff it still valid.

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

Remember on fab, all women are in fact couples and all couples are men.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I don't have Kik and only give out details to enable people to contact me "off Fab" to a trusted few that I have met or will be meeting - Fab provides all the facilities to enable me to interact that I need up to that point

By *airyfatmanMan  over a year ago

by 'ere

"Be mindful that the direct pic option is only for site supporters I believe. So not everyone can send one that way.

Is kik anonymous?

There is a feature to find friends via your contacts. If you can find them on kik, they can also find you.

Also keep in mind kik is still just another online portal. It maybe a messaging app but it would take all of 3 seconds to take a pic sent via kik and put it on a pic sharing website.

The message to message service maybe encrypted but once they have that pic it's like any other pic and can be used and distributed without your control. "

It’s more discreet and anonymous than WhatsApp. Once you got someone’s phone number it’s so easy to find out things unless you’re super careful. I learnt along time ago to make sure my Facebook is set so that people can’t search me by phone number etc. However, nothing can stop people reusing pictures you send, however you send them. Easy to screen shot. With snapchat it will tell you when that’s happened so at least you know, but still don’t stop it from happening

by 'ere

"Remember on fab, all women are in fact couples and all couples are men. "

So what are all the men then?? Lol

northwest

"Remember on fab, all women are in fact couples and all couples are men.

So what are all the men then?? Lol"

The men are men. But if you believe everything on the forum, there are no straight ones.

Assume everyone is not what they seem, until you’ve spoken to them on the phone or on video.

by 'ere

The men are men. But if you believe everything on the forum, there are no straight ones.

Assume everyone is not what they seem, until you’ve spoken to them on the phone or on video."

northwest

Assume everyone is not what they seem, until you’ve spoken to them on the phone or on video. "

So really the question should be..

‘Where are the women?’ Yep, beats me..

Penrith

Assume everyone is not what they seem, until you’ve spoken to them on the phone or on video."

Too true

Penrith

Assume everyone is not what they seem, until you’ve spoken to them on the phone or on video.

So really the question should be..

‘Where are the women?’ Yep, beats me.."

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"When guys or couples message me and say they only have face pictures through kik it really puts me off. Especially when they send photos of the woman and not the guy.

Since the direct photo feature was added I’ve always felt like there’s no reason not to be able to send pictures through fab. Am I being overly wary? "

I dont think you are at all.

Same here. It can put me right off someone in fact, if they say hi here and then immediately start asking about Kik, WhatsApp, phone number, etc.

Maybe I'm being irrational but I don't like feeling nervous.

"When guys or couples message me and say they only have face pictures through kik it really puts me off. Especially when they send photos of the woman and not the guy.

Since the direct photo feature was added I’ve always felt like there’s no reason not to be able to send pictures through fab. Am I being overly wary? "

I have this same problem.. there’s never a pic of the guys on their profile and yet it always feels like I’m speaking to said guy...

northwest

"Same here. It can put me right off someone in fact, if they say hi here and then immediately start asking about Kik, WhatsApp, phone number, etc.

Maybe I'm being irrational but I don't like feeling nervous. "

Seriously? If you are who you are what have you got to be worried about?!

Get their number, withold yours and you got your reassurance in seconds. If they don’t pick up the phone or make an excuse you’ve not wasted any emotional energy on the situation.

"Same here. It can put me right off someone in fact, if they say hi here and then immediately start asking about Kik, WhatsApp, phone number, etc.

Maybe I'm being irrational but I don't like feeling nervous.

Seriously? If you are who you are what have you got to be worried about?!

Get their number, withold yours and you got your reassurance in seconds. If they don’t pick up the phone or make an excuse you’ve not wasted any emotional energy on the situation."

I am who I am lol

If I like someone enough to meet them then it's different of course.

But at the stage of still making my mind up I'm happier keeping it here. Can't say I feel like I've missed out on anything.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

You can never me overly wary, your gut feeling is usually right

By *ollyGWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

Is kik anonymous?

The message to message service maybe encrypted but once they have that pic it's like any other pic and can be used and distributed without your control. "

You could do the same with pics from here???

Is kik anonymous?

The message to message service maybe encrypted but once they have that pic it's like any other pic and can be used and distributed without your control.

You could do the same with pics from here???"

Of course. It takes a few seconds and minimal IT knowledge to rip photos and keep them.

No keep it all on fab , there’s no need to be going on to Kik or snapchat .. we usually think it’s a fake profile or someone asking for money ..

Just something to bare in mind. "

I think, the direct photo option is for all users? The option to delete though is only for paid members.

By *FFB69Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

Is kik anonymous?

Anonymous in the way that you’re not sharing your number which links to other things. Yes you can find your contacts, if their number is linked to their Kik but you can’t get someone’s number from Kik. Not sure what you mean by if you can find your friends they can find you. Unless your profile pic on Kik is rude, why worry that your contacts see it?

Same as you can take a picture from fab and put it on a sharing site.

The question was whether they should be cautious of people who want to message via Kik.

By *igfun911Man  over a year ago

East Lancashire

I agree, always seems suspicious to me when people want to send pics via some other way rather than on here.

I can usually spot a messer or a dreamer

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

So what are all the men then?? Lol"

Usually women and couples where the wife is suddenly unavailable to meet.

By *gnes Loves AnalWoman  over a year ago

Kingstanding

You can never be too cautious! If someone tries to lure you to another medium for pictures you have to ask what their issues is. There are plenty more people on here so if in doubt move on.

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Is kik anonymous?

Direct photos on here are the same, so are auto delete ones - anyone could screenshot them. Direct photos also don’t delete for 12 hours & they are only for site supporters on mobile app & not desktop.

I use kik with a few people. You can also call via kik without giving out your number so I do think it gives options that fab doesn’t.

Not saying it’s foolproof, or that you should take chat off Fab if that’s your preference - but there are benefits to kik

Either way, go with your gut OP - if you’re not comfortable, avoid! x

It's difficult both sides. I am one of those people who doesn't like to share pictures straight away.

Some people don't appreciate that, but from having bad experiences in the past it's taught me to be alot more cautious of my anonymity.

I think you need to take verifications into account and once you are chatting for awhile you should be able to gauge the person.

I also agree using kik has been useful, although I do miss the feature it used to have....photo bomb ? It's similar to Snapchat where photos are only visible for a short period and it didn't allow for screenshots !

» Add a new message to this topic