FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Blocking newbies

Blocking newbies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just a question...we’re thinking about blocking newbies due to the weekend dreamers who sign up after a few drinks, talk the talk then disappear....but at what stage are you no longer a newbie?? After a certain time scale?? Or after a verification?? Anyone know...thanks x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They can’t contact you for at least 7 days.....they can view your profile and if you look on the “who’s viewed me” and like the look of them you can mail them first.

I have the same block as stops the fakes or at least they get bored and disappear x

"They can’t contact you for at least 7 days.....they can view your profile and if you look on the “who’s viewed me” and like the look of them you can mail them first.

I have the same block as stops the fakes or at least they get bored and disappear x"

Thank you that’s our thinking too, or the ones that get brave after a few drinks then delete the next day when they’re not full of ideas that can’t see through ha x

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

The website can do this for you

We used to allow newbies to contact us but after countless messages asking for pics which we never send we then find no longer on site. Now we won’t reply to anyone without verifications and a pic or 2

Now we don’t get any mail lol lol lol

By *oredShitlessxxxCouple  over a year ago

luton

"We used to allow newbies to contact us but after countless messages asking for pics which we never send we then find no longer on site. Now we won’t reply to anyone without verifications and a pic or 2

Now we don’t get any mail lol lol lol"

"They can’t contact you for at least 7 days.....they can view your profile and if you look on the “who’s viewed me” and like the look of them you can mail them first.

I have the same block as stops the fakes or at least they get bored and disappear x"

Agreed

[Removed by poster at 07/04/18 11:19:00]

Yeah blocking newbies and unverified hugely reduces down the amount of mail you receive - so on the whole the messages are ( a little bit ) more meaningful lol ..... but not a lot !

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"We used to allow newbies to contact us but after countless messages asking for pics which we never send we then find no longer on site. Now we won’t reply to anyone without verifications and a pic or 2

Now we don’t get any mail lol lol lol"

We have also blocked newbies and adjusted our filters. It has cut our messages considerably but worth it.

I’ve done it I just think that I’m taking time out of my day to talk to people, just to go online the next day and user is no longer on site.....no, not for me lol! x

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

We block them too

Often find they join,chat and leave fast,so you don't get anywhere.

Also on my single profile it stops those who you block, who leave and join again.

Miss

I want Admin to seperate the photo verification from meet/webcam verifications.. Eliminates even more timewasters. Plus gives you a bit more control..

"I want Admin to seperate the photo verification from meet/webcam verifications.. Eliminates even more timewasters. Plus gives you a bit more control.. "

Very good idea...lots of people seem to cam, but we decline, as more than likely we won’t hear from them again, we prefer actual meets, and being able to stop people messaging with only can veris would be good x

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"Yeah blocking newbies and unverified hugely reduces down the amount of mail you receive - so on the whole the messages are ( a little bit ) more meaningful lol ..... but not a lot !

"

Exactly this

I have newbies blocked

Usually by the time I checked my messages (which is quite often throughout the day) newbies who messaged were gone within hours

"Yeah blocking newbies and unverified hugely reduces down the amount of mail you receive - so on the whole the messages are ( a little bit ) more meaningful lol ..... but not a lot ! "

This... I’m a ‘newbie’ and do this blocking too. I had a profile in the past and played in the clubs before I had a fab account. I only learnt about Fab after a fun encounter with a naughty couple on here. So not all newbies are ‘newbies’, but I think it reduces the dreamers and idiots drastically.

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Warminster

I reluctantly took the block newbies and unverified option recently. I've had a couple of nice meets from new people but it has drastically cut dreamers and timewasters.

» Add a new message to this topic