FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Rope play

Rope play

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can anyone point me in the direction of a rope play tutorial site or something ?

Please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

https://youtu.be/UiGJMiQLBu4

You tube

By *axandbooCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

YouTube for videos

If you want more hands on, goggle your local swamp meet, they do bondage workshops so can teach more rope work, knots and other bits as well as safety aspects.

"Can anyone point me in the direction of a rope play tutorial site or something ?

Please "

I did get a few good books off amazon that where really good showing knots and harnessing from beginner to advanced and step by step pictures

Personally I loved having the book infront wile trying it out,

a vid you have to keep rewinding stopping ect

By *ocks99Man  over a year ago

Reading

"Can anyone point me in the direction of a rope play tutorial site or something ?

Please "

Look for PeerRope Workshops.....

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

"YouTube for videos

If you want more hands on, goggle your local swamp meet, they do bondage workshops so can teach more rope work, knots and other bits as well as safety aspects. "

Mom SWAMP south west after market party a local one is unlikely to be called that

I could teach you a few things but make sure you know some thing about nerve damage for a start off

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

There's another site we're not allowed to mention on here apperently about the fetish lifestyle (hint hint). It is a great place to find out information on rope place and local groups. I know in my city we have a rope group that meets and something like that would be a great friendly supportive enviroment to some practical help and inspiration.

Would love to find a shibari master...watching with interest

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Some of the club's listed here have rope sessions and give tutorials. I prefer to learn in person, due to safety issues. Maybe contact club's in your area .

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

I've done loads of Japanese rope work. But kusari fundo, which is a bit more brutal. Definitely interested in the shibari though..

Bath ish

"Would love to find a shibari master...watching with interest "

Mastery takes time im loca but too old for you

odd that

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"

Mastery takes time im loca but too old for you

odd that"

Hardly odd that a woman doesn't want to play with someone old enough to be her father. Anyway.

Age has no bearing on someone's ability to fling string. Experience, time and practice does, you can be 20 with 2 years decent solid experience and be 40 with 3 days. I know who is rather let tie me up.

To the OP. what I would say is always take responsibility for your own safety if you're the one being tied up.

Learn about where nerves are, how rope can cause damage, what to look out for if you start to loose feeling/get pins and needles etc. Even the most experienced person can miss something, not notice a change in skin colour if they are absorbed in what they are doing.

Learn everything you can to ensure your own safety and if something doesn't feel right say so immediately. Damage can happen in a short period of time and is often something a top (or 'master') wouldn't necessarily be able to spot.

Bath ish

Odd that ..... is an implication of more text

I have had no correspondence on this issue and Thank you very much not to pass judgment

many people I meet are not ageist as you clearly are

oh and btw 2 years is hardly what i would call experience

By *eKoopleCouple  over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

For anyone interested in learning rope, I'd like to make a few recommendations based on our own experience.

There are 3 ways to learn which some have already been mentioned. They are Online, Books and Group meets, aka Peer Rope.

Online works really well as you can play back parts of a technique that you may have missed. Here I would recommend Bruce Esinem (Google Esinem Shibari). He goes through everything from safety to advance.

There are many local meets around the country and as someone has already mentioned Peer Rope. local meets are good and offer a real social side which digital lacks. The down side is you can learn a technique on the night and then forget by the morning.

I've not deep dived into the world of books in this area since learning from Esinem but the one title I own and can recommend is 'Complete Shibari' by Douglas Kent. The book is written in two volumes, one beginner and the other intermediate to advanced, also a great backup to learning.

Like to help where I can and hope this is of some use to you.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

look up two knotty boys on you tube step by step videos also do a series of step by step books .

find your nearest fetish munch (social) go along and meet people lots of listings on a certain FETish LIFEstyle site good luck enjoy yourself and above all staysafe

Bath ish

Your not going to find one easy if you block mail from males

By *rwolfMan  over a year ago

bristol

Lots of youtube videos for instructional purposes

Id recommend going to a swamp meet to begin with when they do rope demos.

By *rwolfMan  over a year ago

bristol

I love doing shibari and kinbaku.

"Lots of youtube videos for instructional purposes

Id recommend going to a swamp meet to begin with when they do rope demos.

"

Must log in to FETish LIFE...

» Add a new message to this topic