FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Winks - very confused

Winks - very confused

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can anyone please tell me if all winks are genuine or some posted by fab to keep interest?

Also I can never work out when I was winked at. Some I have I was never notified about so no idea when they are from. There is also a time scale on the wink ie "2 days ago" but it's in no particular order so is this when someone winked or when they were online last?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *airyfatmanMan  over a year ago

by 'ere

"Can anyone please tell me if all winks are genuine or some posted by fab to keep interest?

Also I can never work out when I was winked at. Some I have I was never notified about so no idea when they are from. There is also a time scale on the wink ie "2 days ago" but it's in no particular order so is this when someone winked or when they were online last?"

I’ve wondered the same about whether fab send them to keep interest. As for the time stamp - that’s when that user was last online. If you view their profile it will show on there when they winked you. Hope that helps

By *ubiousOatcakeMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Looking at the list of profiles that have winked at you, the time stamp is when they were last online. Click on any person's profile and, top left, it gives you information about any interactions; if/when they winked at you, when you last mailed them, when they last mailed you, if they’re on your hotlist.

So, if you click on the profiles of anyone who’s winked at you, it’ll tell you how long ago they did it.

Thanks for answering. I have a feeling I may have to renew my site supporter status to get the information you are talking about because there is definitely no interaction history when I open their profiles.

Thanks again, I guess we will never know if they are definitely genuine or some kind of wink spam.

By *ystical_InkedBBWWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the Shire of Derby

You can tell they are genuine when you have site supporter as they will have visited your profile to send the wink, unless they are in stealth mode

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

The biggest confusion is figuring out exactly what is meant by a wink!

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Can anyone please tell me if all winks are genuine or some posted by fab to keep interest?

Also I can never work out when I was winked at. Some I have I was never notified about so no idea when they are from. There is also a time scale on the wink ie "2 days ago" but it's in no particular order so is this when someone winked or when they were online last?"

Why are winks so important to you?

As a single guy any attention is always welcome. Obviously would prefer my inbox full but I think it must be broken as that doesn't seem to be happening.

Was just curious about how the winking worked, wouldn't say they were of high importance.

[Removed by poster at 20/04/18 22:18:34]

"You can tell they are genuine when you have site supporter as they will have visited your profile to send the wink, unless they are in stealth mode "

Thanks for the help. I was a site supporter but have given it up for a while.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Also I can never work out when I was winked at. Some I have I was never notified about so no idea when they are from. There is also a time scale on the wink ie "2 days ago" but it's in no particular order so is this when someone winked or when they were online last?

Why are winks so important to you? "

Nothing wrong with asking

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I look at winks, check the sender's profile and keep the ones I might potentially like to meet. So winks can serve a purpose. As the OP says it's useful to know when a wink was sent UN order to determine if that person may still be interested.

X

By *ucy83SOWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I think they are in the order you receive them, so there is some order to them, or that’s how it seems to work on my list.

I use a wink to show an initial interest, also if yuh have a person blocked by your mail filters eg age if you’ve winked them they can then message you if they like your profile.

Overall I love the wink system

By *airyfatmanMan  over a year ago

by 'ere

"I look at winks, check the sender's profile and keep the ones I might potentially like to meet. So winks can serve a purpose. As the OP says it's useful to know when a wink was sent UN order to determine if that person may still be interested.

X"

I’m the same. The wink is just a way of letting someone know you like their profile and getting their attention to see if they like you. I know people say you should send a message instead but when I send messages I send quite long ones trying to show I have read the profile too, but 99.9% of the time rhenoeople don’t even view me but just delete the message

If we get a wink we return it. Then let the couple decide if they want to message but we never send them first. We prefer to message then

I never had a reason to suspect that some winks are not genuine. Those that I paid attention to, were always genuine, for sure.

By *SophiexCouple  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

I just don't get most winks specially from people with very basic profiles and no images... baffles me why wink and expect you to attract the person you just winked at x

click "my account

click "winks"

there all there

» Add a new message to this topic