FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Approaching someone you realise you ‘know’ from somewhere else on here?

Approaching someone you realise you ‘know’ from somewhere else on here?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Other than being friendly and polite as you would with any other people you talk to any advice for dropping a line to someone you have a passing acquaintance to trough a different club entirely. I’d fit their profile requirements but don’t know if folks would find it weird.

Just after the popular opinion?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We wouldn’t like it but everyone is different

We would have no problem with someone like that getting in touch with us as long as they were honest from the start.

We have had messages before that have said ‘I know you from blah blah and your name is blah blah and I think your fit’ when we have asked the question back they won’t tell us. I think that makes it creepy instead of playful.

Honesty is key

If framed positively, I would treat it as a compliment that someone noticed and remembered me from a different place.

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

"Other than being friendly and polite as you would with any other people you talk to any advice for dropping a line to someone you have a passing acquaintance to trough a different club entirely. I’d fit their profile requirements but don’t know if folks would find it weird.

Just after the popular opinion?"

Had this exact dilemma.

1) occasion it was someone I don't know but recognized from fab. Likely I was in a group and one the girls (also from fab) did the talking, and we got invited to their social.

2) i was recognized by one of my clients at a swinging social. (I didn't knew he was a swinger)

3) is someone i recognize from Uni, but alas I have not contacted him because i barely knew him and therefore don't know how he would react.

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

We would probably steer away and block them to be honest. Theres a man who lives in our block of flats two floors up from us. Soon as i recognised his pic in our local newsfeed i blocked him

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I get the ‘I know you but I’m not telling you who I am’ more than you’d care to think.

Tbh tho 9/10 if it was someone I knew in ‘real life’ if I’d have wanted to go there I’d prob have been there already.

[Removed by poster at 23/04/18 22:59:02]

Personally I wouldn't and would block anyone that knows us outside of fab and is on here.

How they would recognise us anyway us beyond me and find it creepy when people say they do.

~Mia

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

With this particular individual the way i know it’s them is through a particularly distinctive position that we both share an interest in. We aren’t friends in our other lives, more social aquantances witha common interest. Just knowing that we share an interest and there are organised meets due to it I wondered about touching base through here to see if they fancied a fab style meet before or after the other as we’d be in the same area. From their profile we seem to have a match here and having common ground to talk about seems like a better in than the usual ‘Hi, saw your profile and think we’d get along’

If it was a fairly close friend/acquaintance, ie. someone I see and deal with in vanilla life quite often, then probably not.

If it was someone I'd just met once or twice, knew who they were but not likely to have to bump into them very often or at all, then maybe....

» Add a new message to this topic