FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > POF Membership

POF Membership

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *os19 OP   Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I joined POF about 2 months ago I now apparently have 20 ladies that want to meet me.I am unable to message them unless I upgrade.I would like some advice as to weather I should upgrade as I feel it’s too good to be true. About 15 years ago I had a similar thing happen on a adult website as soon as I upgraded I stopped getting messages and no one responded to my messages.I am not a fan of recurring billing as the last time I was unable to cancel on the website and ended up having to call a long phone number to cancel.I am not tight fisted with money but I don’t want to be conned.Any advice and experiences of other POF users would be appreciated.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uietlyBohemianCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Likely they are 'bots' - fake (but plausible looking) accounts automated to send messages to people who might just be on the verge of quitting the site (or otherwise not parting with cash!)

Of course, if your profile pics on POF are of you sitting in your lambo with a suitcase full of cash, some of them may indeed be real women who would love to meet you.

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman  over a year ago

'tween PontyCarlo & CasVegas in West Yorks

Since when did POF start charging???

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sounds like a scam to me!

its not a scam i dont think, but all you get is to se more of your past msgs or similar, and the ability to see 'who wants to meet you', which is exactly like the wink thing of here as far as i can see...if they want to meet you, theyd message..only seems to be blokes that bother with the upgrade...no suprise there..

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Never upgrade

There's a trick I learned with the meet me feature. Click on the little icon that lets you know if someone has viewed you, not the ''who has viewed me'' tab and you'll see a small blurred picture of whoever has clicked meet me. Then you just click on meet me and compare the pictures, click no or yes on the first person and I've found that it's usually the second person that comes up. That's how you can tell normally.

But normally it's fake profiles wanting you to sign up to fake sites that will steal your credit card details. Or people who won't even message you back even if it's a mutual match.

I think it's mostly down to POF admin. I think in order to get you to keep coming back, they pick two random profiles within a certain of distance of each other and match them. They rig the game so to speak.

Don't pay. It's a rip-off, I've heard that if you wanna cancel your membership they don't allow you. Not sure if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

They are fake because the message is always the same 'Hey You ' or something akin to that, however if you check your email notification that tells you someone want to meet you, the username is in there then all you do is sign out of POF, go to your inbox without signing in then you will see a username search box into which you paste the name of the person who 'wants to meet you' and hey presto the profile is there.

"I joined POF about 2 months ago I now apparently have 20 ladies that want to meet me.I am unable to message them unless I upgrade.I would like some advice as to weather I should upgrade as I feel it’s too good to be true. About 15 years ago I had a similar thing happen on a adult website as soon as I upgraded I stopped getting messages and no one responded to my messages.I am not a fan of recurring billing as the last time I was unable to cancel on the website and ended up having to call a long phone number to cancel.I am not tight fisted with money but I don’t want to be conned.Any advice and experiences of other POF users would be appreciated."

they will message you if there interested

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"They are fake because the message is always the same 'Hey You ' or something akin to that, however if you check your email notification that tells you someone want to meet you, the username is in there then all you do is sign out of POF, go to your inbox without signing in then you will see a username search box into which you paste the name of the person who 'wants to meet you' and hey presto the profile is there."

You get a 'hey you' message when a woman has show interest in you it's just like a wink but shows as that message,I remember using it yonks ago. I don't think guy's can do it.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I would never upgrade on there though.

Edmonton

To everyone so far that has taken the time to offer advice thanks it is much appreciated.On another thread call is POF the new Fabs one person says POF is free another says it is expensive.

"They are fake because the message is always the same 'Hey You ' or something akin to that, however if you check your email notification that tells you someone want to meet you, the username is in there then all you do is sign out of POF, go to your inbox without signing in then you will see a username search box into which you paste the name of the person who 'wants to meet you' and hey presto the profile is there.

You get a 'hey you' message when a woman has show interest in you it's just like a wink but shows as that message,I remember using it yonks ago. I don't think guy's can do it."

its that which put me off! they need a ninja option like here...otherwise anytime you look at a profile you soon get a msg 'oh you looked at my profile....' when all you were doing was nosing about..or wondering how anyone really had a head shaped like that! very annoying!

Personally if inwas intrested in someone here or on pof. Id mail then

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"I joined POF about 2 months ago I now apparently have 20 ladies that want to meet me.I am unable to message them unless I upgrade.I would like some advice as to weather I should upgrade as I feel it’s too good to be true. About 15 years ago I had a similar thing happen on a adult website as soon as I upgraded I stopped getting messages and no one responded to my messages.I am not a fan of recurring billing as the last time I was unable to cancel on the website and ended up having to call a long phone number to cancel.I am not tight fisted with money but I don’t want to be conned.Any advice and experiences of other POF users would be appreciated."

Dont bother upgrading if you click meet me then click the green tick for everybody you'll find out who wants to meet you by matching with them

Edmonton

"I joined POF about 2 months ago I now apparently have 20 ladies that want to meet me.I am unable to message them unless I upgrade.I would like some advice as to weather I should upgrade as I feel it’s too good to be true. About 15 years ago I had a similar thing happen on a adult website as soon as I upgraded I stopped getting messages and no one responded to my messages.I am not a fan of recurring billing as the last time I was unable to cancel on the website and ended up having to call a long phone number to cancel.I am not tight fisted with money but I don’t want to be conned.Any advice and experiences of other POF users would be appreciated.

Dont bother upgrading if you click meet me then click the green tick for everybody you'll find out who wants to meet you by matching with them "

. I recived a message from a guy on Fabs who said exactly the same as you also you can leave quick message.Thanks for your help

You're unsure if you should allow yourself to be victimised yet again by a 15 year old trick... Don't wreck yourself!

Interesting thread

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

[Removed by poster at 06/05/18 21:44:49]

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Don't bother with the upgrade. Before fab I had a bit a fair bit of success with the POF and tinder for no strings/causal fun. I have little faith in that want to meet function. If people are genuinely intrested they'd message you or reply to your messages (I assume you still get some free messages). So my advise is don't spend the cash and only worry about the people who will actually start talking to you.

"Personally if inwas intrested in someone here or on pof. Id mail then"

My thoughts exactly

By *tuartsCelloCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

I was an upgraded member on POF which allowed me to see who had looked at me - I saw one day that Eva had viewed my profile and mailed her - the rest is history and it was the best 80 quid I ever spent in my life

It’s a con.

Just use match me.... mutual matches show up. All messages are free.

Loving the guys who use the same photos on here and on Fab

By *orningtonCroissantMan  over a year ago

notts and humberside

Bots and people in Philippines paid to create false profiles. On sites like that guys are the income, women the product. Sorry to say it but it’s true

"I was an upgraded member on POF which allowed me to see who had looked at me - I saw one day that Eva had viewed my profile and mailed her - the rest is history and it was the best 80 quid I ever spent in my life "

That's brilliant, nice to hear a happy ending

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"It’s a con.

Loving the guys who use the same photos on here and on Fab "

With their cock out ha ha

"It’s a con.

Loving the guys who use the same photos on here and on Fab

With their cock out ha ha"

... I have seen that!

Edmonton

Thank you to everyone that has offered me help and advice on this thread I now using the mutual matches and meet me options as well as searches.I started using this on Monday morning and I have been chatting with a lady not far from me who wanted to meet for a coffee that evening unfortunately I was unable to but we have arranged to meet on Saturday.Once again thanks to everyone that took the time out to contribute it is much appreciated.

"Thank you to everyone that has offered me help and advice on this thread I now using the mutual matches and meet me options as well as searches.I started using this on Monday morning and I have been chatting with a lady not far from me who wanted to meet for a coffee that evening unfortunately I was unable to but we have arranged to meet on Saturday.Once again thanks to everyone that took the time out to contribute it is much appreciated."

Nice one hope it goes well.

Just be yourself

"Likely they are 'bots' - fake (but plausible looking) accounts automated to send messages to people who might just be on the verge of quitting the site (or otherwise not parting with cash!)

Of course, if your profile pics on POF are of you sitting in your lambo with a suitcase full of cash, some of them may indeed be real women who would love to meet you. "

Agree

"Never upgrade "

Cleaver enough

"Personally if inwas intrested in someone here or on pof. Id mail then

My thoughts exactly"

Simple

By *ReakingBEdCouple  over a year ago

boston

[Removed by poster at 10/05/18 20:06:42]

By *inkycouplespainCouple  over a year ago

Malaga Spain but sometimes Manchester and

"Since when did POF start charging???"

Its free for women men have to pay for certain things lol

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

alot of sites have a system in place where they send fake messages to make members upgrade.

some even pay people to chat to members to make them upgrade then get a percentage of the upgrade fee. its a bit like adverts on sites you click they payout per click

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

pof is no longer owned by markus ,its part of a group that own many of the regular dating sites that charge . So you pays your money and takes your chances . But it does not take a rocket scientist to work out its a scam.

They don't charge Ladies

"Since when did POF start charging???

They don't charge Ladies"

They do I believe if you want certain features to access

By *rkeb3Man  over a year ago

east Lancashire road

I been using pof on and off i never been asked to upgrade

u can message any one for free unless on the other side are looking to meet only upgrade just like this u can't message some one who's filter is site supporter only

I cannot see meet me POF members on the pc but i can on my mobile. Mobile apps may differ - i have a Windows phone.

Any of u wanna check me out on pof

The "Meet me" option is similar to winks on Fab - it displays pic after pic and you select meet me - yes or no, without having to view the profile. It is genuine, but there are fakes - most fakes seem obvious and are removed within a few hours of appearing.

The ratio of men to women is much better than Fab, but I see the same complaints from women about men sending cock pics.

"alot of sites have a system in place where they send fake messages to make members upgrade - some even pay people to chat to members to make them upgrade then get a percentage of the upgrade fee.

"

I haven't come across this on POF.

By *tuartsCelloCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"I was an upgraded member on POF which allowed me to see who had looked at me - I saw one day that Eva had viewed my profile and mailed her - the rest is history and it was the best 80 quid I ever spent in my life

That's brilliant, nice to hear a happy ending "

Happiest ending ever I think, we are so happy together

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I don’t even have a POF profile anymore (for about 5 years) but get those messages saying someone wants to meet me.

Never click the link from the email of course.

V x

Those 20 women may only potentially want to meet. The meet me function is yes/no/maybe. I never click on yes but the maybe. The member then gets informed it's a yes.

I wouldn't bother upgrading - I'd just look at who viewed me and then assess :D

There are always ways around finding out that stuff on POF. Don’t bother upgrading!

Edmonton

"There are always ways around finding out that stuff on POF. Don’t bother upgrading! "
. I have found out that by checking alerts you can see who wants to meet me then go back to meet me and sometimes that is within the first 3-4 pictures you see.I was advised by this by some one on this site.

"There are always ways around finding out that stuff on POF. Don’t bother upgrading! . I have found out that by checking alerts you can see who wants to meet me then go back to meet me and sometimes that is within the first 3-4 pictures you see.I was advised by this by some one on this site."

Exactly!!

By *tarbuck007Man  over a year ago

up2no good

Tell them you are on fab you might get a quick response

It's a scam .

They churn out loads of these 'want to meet' and you havn't even sent them yourself !

Not sure but women can't even read the profile without upgrading for money and now of course you can't do a name search either .

Pretty crap site in my view

Edmonton

"It's a scam .

They churn out loads of these 'want to meet' and you havn't even sent them yourself !

Not sure but women can't even read the profile without upgrading for money and now of course you can't do a name search either .

Pretty crap site in my view "

. I have recently messages from women saying Hi when I respond it gives details of a website saying there are women in my area that’s when I know that perhaps it’s a scam.I have received messages from a couple of ladies and I have met one of them twice now.

"Tell them you are on fab you might get a quick response "

Actually that'd get my attention of someone on a dating site said they were on fab.

By *tarbuck007Man  over a year ago

up2no good

"Tell them you are on fab you might get a quick response

Actually that'd get my attention of someone on a dating site said they were on fab."

Reality taste good with a bit of a shock

Heres a tip for pof... check your email it uswd to say the username of the person who clicked like.

No good you say as your cant username search on pof...but you can.... just not when your pogged into your account...

Google pof username search (make sure your not logged in or have the app if your on ypur phone) and you can search their username and get to see their profile where of ypur interested you can send a message which is when you will need to log in.

Edmonton

"Heres a tip for pof... check your email it uswd to say the username of the person who clicked like.

No good you say as your cant username search on pof...but you can.... just not when your pogged into your account...

Google pof username search (make sure your not logged in or have the app if your on ypur phone) and you can search their username and get to see their profile where of ypur interested you can send a message which is when you will need to log in.

"

. I have just tried what you said and now I can see the person I want to see and others from that area.Did you work for POF and are getting your own back

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

POF is full of fakes. POF itself puts them in to draw you in.

"POF is full of fakes. POF itself puts them in to draw you in."

Why are the majority fuglies then?

Don't waste money ... At least hear ya know end game all going well .. but dating sites it's mostly fake and looking for sex . Your cutting all the fake talk here ..

But you do what you want ... Would like to know if it's scam tho

"Heres a tip for pof... check your email it uswd to say the username of the person who clicked like.

"

Must try that

. I have just tried what you said and now I can see the person I want to see and others from that area.Did you work for POF and are getting your own back"

Nope but i discovered this myself. Met my ex on pof....

Also discovered her profile on pof when we were together and i suspected somethig was astray lol.

By *emel9Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

Haven't read all of this...but...why would women message first..they don't on any site.. It's a scam by POF to get you to upgrade.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I deleted my pof. Too many messages telling me they knew me from fab, if I didn't want to meet them on fab I certainly wouldn't meet them on pof. I got fed up with the nudge nudge wink wink kind of messages, like I'm doing something I'm not supposed to by being on fab. I have nothing to hide, sadly a lot of them were married or partnered as well.

"Haven't read all of this...but...why would women message first..they don't on any site.. It's a scam by POF to get you to upgrade."
imesage men on here 1st

West Midlands

"Haven't read all of this...but...why would women message first..they don't on any site.. It's a scam by POF to get you to upgrade.imesage men on here 1st "

seriously?

I'm a very fortunate guy on here..have a large group of friends from socials, clubs, etc..none of the ladies message first that I know of lol

"I deleted my pof. Too many messages telling me they knew me from fab, if I didn't want to meet them on fab I certainly wouldn't meet them on pof. I got fed up with the nudge nudge wink wink kind of messages, like I'm doing something I'm not supposed to by being on fab. I have nothing to hide, sadly a lot of them were married or partnered as well. "

Ya that's happened me me a bit can be bit creepy

"Haven't read all of this...but...why would women message first..they don't on any site.. It's a scam by POF to get you to upgrade.imesage men on here 1st

seriously?

I'm a very fortunate guy on here..have a large group of friends from socials, clubs, etc..none of the ladies message first that I know of lol"

If a woman wants to choose the guy she's most attracted to on here, rather than simply pick from the ones who messaged her, she'll message first.

Guys who attract female attention tend to get a steady influx of messages from women. This is such a better way of connecting with women that they'll often stop messaging women and enjoy connecting in this way. If a woman wants one of these guys she'll need to give him a sign she's interested, be it a message or a wink

"Haven't read all of this...but...why would women message first..they don't on any site.. It's a scam by POF to get you to upgrade.imesage men on here 1st

seriously?

I'm a very fortunate guy on here..have a large group of friends from socials, clubs, etc..none of the ladies message first that I know of lol

If a woman wants to choose the guy she's most attracted to on here, rather than simply pick from the ones who messaged her, she'll message first.

Guys who attract female attention tend to get a steady influx of messages from women. This is such a better way of connecting with women that they'll often stop messaging women and enjoy connecting in this way. If a woman wants one of these guys she'll need to give him a sign she's interested, be it a message or a wink "

West Midlands

seriously?

Guys who attract female attention tend to get a steady influx of messages from women. This is such a better way of connecting with women that they'll often stop messaging women and enjoy connecting in this way. If a woman wants one of these guys she'll need to give him a sign she's interested, be it a message or a wink "

Ahh my minger status fully cimonfirmed after 12 years in here lol

Wait a minute... guys have to pay on POF now?

Such a shame if they've changed it.

By *amelhunterMan  over a year ago

newcastle

No need to upgrade. Just google pof username. This will allow you to search of of the users in the list. One at a time.

Most of them will be scam accounts though.

By *hechapMan  over a year ago

Derry

Its a conn.

I get messages saying i have mutal matches where we both apparantly want to meet. Its believable apart from the fact i have NEVER used the meet me option.

I bet you the cost of the upgrade nothing will change apart from you having less in your account and pof having more £ in theirs..

...Up on the Downs

"Wait a minute... guys have to pay on POF now?

Such a shame if they've changed it."

No they don't, only to use the 'meet me' feature, which is useless anyway.

No they don't, only to use the 'meet me' feature, which is useless anyway."

So they can message women like the good ol' days still?

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

It's free for women but men have to pay I think.....I had 360 people that wanted to meet me...lol I don't think so!!! Profile now deleted

By *offee drinkers only 3Man  over a year ago

Chorley

Easy just apply for a new card they can't take money off a different card i had to do exactly that hope it helps

All fake. I joined, but never added a profile. Literally all they have is my email address and password, yet every week apparently 10 ladies are interested in my profile according to the spam they send me.

Wouldn't mind but only joined to help a friend out by taking a look at her profile.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Most POF are on fab as well lol i saw quite a few

...Up on the Downs

No they don't, only to use the 'meet me' feature, which is useless anyway.

So they can message women like the good ol' days still?"

Yup, totally free.

By *otplumMan  over a year ago

Margate

I have done pretty well on POF had more meets from there than on FAB, and as previously stated many are on both sites

"They are fake because the message is always the same 'Hey You ' or something akin to that, however if you check your email notification that tells you someone want to meet you, the username is in there then all you do is sign out of POF, go to your inbox without signing in then you will see a username search box into which you paste the name of the person who 'wants to meet you' and hey presto the profile is there."

This

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Such a shame if they've changed it."

So do women.

By *adame1981Woman  over a year ago

Leicester

"I have done pretty well on POF had more meets from there than on FAB, and as previously stated many are on both sites "

I'm on both to be fair

However pof is to find a relationship

Fab is for my sex drive and friendship

By *naquest321Man  over a year ago

Carlisle

Still mostly free but charge for certain things.

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

Stay away from billing websites they are scamming you ..they have women in an room contacting you and yes you are right when you pay up you won't get any replies .

» Add a new message to this topic