FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Messaging and profile tips

Messaging and profile tips

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone have any messaging tips on how to get the ball rolling with messages, usually am really good at holding a conversation, am funny, ask questions, flirt etc, but the first message always stumps me, and in most cases ends up in no replies as “hi how are you” and risky pick up lines that are more offensive than cheesy are all I can think of. I also understand that profiles are a big thing so any help towards building a better profile would be greatly appreciated too.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Your profile isn't terrible. You're not my cup of tea, but that's neither here nor there. It's a bit generic in the text, if anything.

Messages: remember why you're messaging. You're messaging because you want the chance to meet this person. So what do you like about them, and what do you think you have to offer them? That's what I like in messages, anyway.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This may sound mean, but if you are funny, inquisitive and able to hold a conversation ... why are you resorting to cheezy lines.

It’s probanly worse to say you are all this ... and fail to deliver ... than be silent on your conversation skills and be more generic.

Thanks for the advice, I going to give your advice a go and try and put more effort into a first message. Hopefully getting better with practice lol. As for my profile I understand the generic bit I was just going to look at other profiles and try and take some pointers. Thank you.

"This may sound mean, but if you are funny, inquisitive and able to hold a conversation ... why are you resorting to cheezy lines.

It’s probanly worse to say you are all this ... and fail to deliver ... than be silent on your conversation skills and be more generic. "

No it doesn’t sound mean at all, but I don’t resort to cheezy lines, I meant the only pick up lines/ice breakers I know are probably offensive to certain people so that’s why I dodge using them. Once the ball is rolling I am usually good at keeping a conversation rolling but is just the opening message I struggle with.

» Add a new message to this topic