FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Having chats on fab

Having chats on fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey anyone else get this ..

You trying to have a chat on fab and it takes the woman or couple 10 to 15 mins to reply.. its so frustrating ! I know people get alot of messages but surely there can be a fast track inbox set up?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'll put the popcorn on...

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hey anyone else get this ..

You trying to have a chat on fab and it takes the woman or couple 10 to 15 mins to reply.. its so frustrating ! I know people get alot of messages but surely there can be a fast track inbox set up? "

We often don't reply for days, people often take a week or more to reply to us.

I think its unrealistic of you to expect rapid responses.

Well if you read a message then you should reply to it? .. specially if you're out having a conversation about meeting other wise why lead people on? I hear so many people say single guys just as for now sex .. but im trying chat and get to know people but cant if they taking ages to reply it kills the conversation

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Well if you read a message then you should reply to it? .. specially if you're out having a conversation about meeting other wise why lead people on? I hear so many people say single guys just as for now sex .. but im trying chat and get to know people but cant if they taking ages to reply it kills the conversation "

I see. I think if people have busy lives or are involved in other conversations it's not realistic to expect an immediate response. I don't think taking a long time to reply is leading people on.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"Well if you read a message then you should reply to it? .. specially if you're out having a conversation about meeting other wise why lead people on? I hear so many people say single guys just as for now sex .. but im trying chat and get to know people but cant if they taking ages to reply it kills the conversation "

Christ have some patience. They could have read your message, started replying and been distracted by their kid or anything. You ain't gonna be priority number 1.

I do have patience I never said anything about being pushy ect just as its frustrating I know people have other chats but if we chatting and it's getting to point of talking about meeting up ect then yes a message back with in 3 mins i think is fair other wise im left not knowing what going on

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I do have patience I never said anything about being pushy ect just as its frustrating I know people have other chats but if we chatting and it's getting to point of talking about meeting up ect then yes a message back with in 3 mins i think is fair other wise im left not knowing what going on "

But they do reply eventually?

Mr opens the messages then he leaves them for me to look at. We usually do our replies when we’re in bed at night when we finally get a chance to talk about what’s happening on Fab. However we don’t spend every night doing replies so sometimes take a day or 2. And if we get busy with family stuff we might forget for several days. However with our personal swinging friends who we chat to on WhatsApp we will reply more promptly.

Mrs

You trying to have a chat on fab and it takes the woman or couple 10 to 15 mins to reply.. its so frustrating ! I know people get alot of messages but surely there can be a fast track inbox set up? "

I reply when I want

"Mr opens the messages then he leaves them for me to look at. We usually do our replies when we’re in bed at night when we finally get a chance to talk about what’s happening on Fab. However we don’t spend every night doing replies so sometimes take a day or 2. And if we get busy with family stuff we might forget for several days. However with our personal swinging friends who we chat to on WhatsApp we will reply more promptly.

Mrs"

Yes that's great as people you like get your number.. im more on about people who online same time s me nd start a conversion then nothing back for ages.. snd yes some do eventually reply But often gets lost in their overfield inbox so i have start over again .. its so frustrating lol

You trying to have a chat on fab and it takes the woman or couple 10 to 15 mins to reply.. its so frustrating ! I know people get alot of messages but surely there can be a fast track inbox set up?

I reply when I want "

But then yo might have 220 new messages and it gets lost ... but if i was to re send the same message.. you probably think im being pushy right?

I’d try lowering your expectations. No one on here owes you a reply, never mind one that fits within your time limit.

I reply when I want

But then yo might have 220 new messages and it gets lost ... but if i was to re send the same message.. you probably think im being pushy right?"

m

No

If they are worth a reply i do.

I reply when I want

But then yo might have 220 new messages and it gets lost ... but if i was to re send the same message.. you probably think im being pushy right?m

No

"

Then you a nice woman lol alot of people would think that

"Mr opens the messages then he leaves them for me to look at. We usually do our replies when we’re in bed at night when we finally get a chance to talk about what’s happening on Fab. However we don’t spend every night doing replies so sometimes take a day or 2. And if we get busy with family stuff we might forget for several days. However with our personal swinging friends who we chat to on WhatsApp we will reply more promptly.

Mrs

Yes that's great as people you like get your number.. im more on about people who online same time s me nd start a conversion then nothing back for ages.. snd yes some do eventually reply But often gets lost in their overfield inbox so i have start over again .. its so frustrating lol "

My suggestion is that if there is a genuine mutual interest then move communication to WhatsApp or Kik. If they are not sufficiently interested in you to reply in what you consider to be a timely manner, then maybe it’s a bad match.

I reply when I want

But then yo might have 220 new messages and it gets lost ... but if i was to re send the same message.. you probably think im being pushy right?m

No

Then you a nice woman lol alot of people would think that "

Providing criterias are met then no problem

I’d try lowering your expectations. No one on here owes you a reply, never mind one that fits within your time limit."

Im not saying they have to reply with in 1 sec but if in a convention with meet or not then I can't wait all day on fab looking out for it lol

People have lives OP.

Do you really expect people are there waiting just to get the next message from you?

People may be chatting to more than you, they may also be using the forums and the chat rooms all at the same time as chatting to you.

I’d try lowering your expectations. No one on here owes you a reply, never mind one that fits within your time limit.

Im not saying they have to reply with in 1 sec but if in a convention with meet or not then I can't wait all day on fab looking out for it lol"

If people are genuinely interested, I find they will move quickly.

I reply when I want

No

Then you a nice woman lol alot of people would think that

Providing criterias are met then no problem "

Then you really are great so many women and couples will say being pushy or just block of send to many messages even if re sends

By *ink magnolia s yorksWoman  over a year ago

south yorkshire

Life, that's why it takes people a while to reply! Do you think replying to your message is more important than going to a crying baby, getting a drink for a toddler? Helping an older kid with homework? Let dinner burn?

It's impossible to say to every person you're chatting to that you're going.

Shock horror!!! News flash!!! Quite often women aren't just having a conversation with one person

Im not saying they have to reply with in 1 sec but if in a convention with meet or not then I can't wait all day on fab looking out for it lol

If people are genuinely interested, I find they will move quickly. "

Oh yeah I totally agree but even then can be 20 mins waiting... and it's easy to get bored waiting and miss it and the whole thing dies ..

Im not saying they have to reply with in 1 sec but if in a convention with meet or not then I can't wait all day on fab looking out for it lol"

Keep digging

"Life, that's why it takes people a while to reply! Do you think replying to your message is more important than going to a crying baby, getting a drink for a toddler? Helping an older kid with homework? Let dinner burn?

Shock horror!!! News flash!!! Quite often women aren't just having a conversation with one person "

I know! But women and couples get so many messages it can get lost! That's what I mean by its frustrating

I have blocked so many people for this attitude. One dared to throw a fit because I stepped away from the computer for 20 minutes mid conversation to feed the dogs! Another started texting me when I was in class and got quite aggressive when I read it but didn't respond (because I was at a class!).

But luckily most entitled people show their true colours early so it's easy to block them.

"I have blocked so many people for this attitude. One dared to throw a fit because I stepped away from the computer for 20 minutes mid conversation to feed the dogs! Another started texting me when I was in class and got quite aggressive when I read it but didn't respond (because I was at a class!).

But luckily most entitled people show their true colours early so it's easy to block them. "

Im not throwing my dummy out I totally understand people have lives ect ... dosnt stop it from being really bloody Frustrating lol just wish fabswingers could have a Facebook messenger as well as inbox as inbox of most women and couples get full of shit with us genuine nice single guys ether missing out as getting prejudged or our replies getting lost ..

Perhaps the people you're chatting with just aren't that into you

Try the chat rooms if you feel you deserve a more instant response, OP.

I understand what the OP is saying..He massages somebody and they reply back a conversation as started, but over the time of the conversation the replies take longer and longer to come back..it would be the decent thing for the replier to him, to say..I might take sometime replying back to you, I am actually chatting with other people or I am actually doing my housework or fixing the car and so on..it's the hanging on he does not like, and that's understandable, as the conversation had started and was flowing at first

Maybe everyday life things are being done in between messages ... if one of the kids come in I could of read message but will log out or take screen off so they can’t see what I’m doing

By *ubSirVient-DefinitionCouple  over a year ago

dukinfield

"Well if you read a message then you should reply to it? .. specially if you're out having a conversation about meeting other wise why lead people on? I hear so many people say single guys just as for now sex .. but im trying chat and get to know people but cant if they taking ages to reply it kills the conversation

Christ have some patience. They could have read your message, started replying and been distracted by their kid or anything. You ain't gonna be priority number 1."

True!!! We have weeks between messages don't we peach, which reminds me I need to reply to your last message lol

Aj

By *icplshropsCouple  over a year ago

Rock

Mrs

Yes that's great as people you like get your number.. im more on about people who online same time s me nd start a conversion then nothing back for ages.. snd yes some do eventually reply But often gets lost in their overfield inbox so i have start over again .. its so frustrating lol "

Have you thought that maybe they’re showing online, but not actually online? Some people leave themselves logged on continuously - especially if they’ve been waylaid, or sometimes it takes a while for their online status to update after they’ve logged off. This may account for them not replying within your 3 minute time limit.

If it’s frustrating you so much with some people, then perhaps they’re not for you.

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman  over a year ago

London

10 to 15 minutes.

Very frustrating.

How about also getting a life?

maybe you're low down the list of importance

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I do have patience I never said anything about being pushy ect just as its frustrating I know people have other chats but if we chatting and it's getting to point of talking about meeting up ect then yes a message back with in 3 mins i think is fair other wise im left not knowing what going on "

Assume nothing's going on until you hear otherwise

Just accept that you're low on the list of that persons priorities at that particular moment. Your fab experience will improve dramatically.

"I understand what the OP is saying..He massages somebody and they reply back a conversation as started, but over the time of the conversation the replies take longer and longer to come back..it would be the decent thing for the replier to him, to say..I might take sometime replying back to you, I am actually chatting with other people or I am actually doing my housework or fixing the car and so on..it's the hanging on he does not like, and that's understandable, as the conversation had started and was flowing at first "

Thanks for getting it !

"I have blocked so many people for this attitude. One dared to throw a fit because I stepped away from the computer for 20 minutes mid conversation to feed the dogs! Another started texting me when I was in class and got quite aggressive when I read it but didn't respond (because I was at a class!).

But luckily most entitled people show their true colours early so it's easy to block them.

Im not throwing my dummy out I totally understand people have lives ect ... dosnt stop it from being really bloody Frustrating lol just wish fabswingers could have a Facebook messenger as well as inbox as inbox of most women and couples get full of shit with us genuine nice single guys ether missing out as getting prejudged or our replies getting lost .. "

I think it's fair to say, that they might not be interested in YOU, and seem to have no bottle in saying so! If communication breaks down, move on and find another willing to take the time out because they want you! LEARN TO TAKE THE HINT, THE SIGNS ARE OBVIOUS HUN x good luck x

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

If people are genuinely interested, I find they will move quickly.

Oh yeah I totally agree but even then can be 20 mins waiting... and it's easy to get bored waiting and miss it and the whole thing dies .."

You’re winding us up. Aren’t you?

Personally we read messages and then often want to chat if we arnt together at the time to see what the other wants and thinks etc .

People have other things going on in real life too and if you were getting along fine and starting to build a rapport over messages like you say then they will answer you when they can if they don't then maybe there is you're answer and they just don't want to hurt your feelings xx

I find if you haven’t got a number or kik user name within 5 messsges your going to struggle to take it from cyber to physical

Well this has been an amusing way to spend 15 minutes over lunch. Now to reply to those messages we had an hour ago...... oh, too late, the senders have got bored and moved on

By *inkycouplespainCouple  over a year ago

Malaga Spain but sometimes Manchester and

"Life, that's why it takes people a while to reply! Do you think replying to your message is more important than going to a crying baby, getting a drink for a toddler? Helping an older kid with homework? Let dinner burn?

Shock horror!!! News flash!!! Quite often women aren't just having a conversation with one person

I know! But women and couples get so many messages it can get lost! That's what I mean by its frustrating "

Its probably not that at all, as a couple our life doesnt revolve around fab, we have work, family, us time etc. we regularly get messages from guys asking if we want to meet now! we dont work like that I guess its different if your single and horny lol x

"Well this has been an amusing way to spend 15 minutes over lunch. Now to reply to those messages we had an hour ago...... oh, too late, the senders have got bored and moved on "

Days I've been waiting!

"Well this has been an amusing way to spend 15 minutes over lunch. Now to reply to those messages we had an hour ago...... oh, too late, the senders have got bored and moved on

Days I've been waiting! "

Sorry Petra, we’ve 357 messages from single men to respond to before we get to yours..... check your inbox on Wednesday afternoon

"I understand what the OP is saying..He massages somebody and they reply back a conversation as started, but over the time of the conversation the replies take longer and longer to come back..it would be the decent thing for the replier to him, to say..I might take sometime replying back to you, I am actually chatting with other people or I am actually doing my housework or fixing the car and so on..it's the hanging on he does not like, and that's understandable, as the conversation had started and was flowing at first

Thanks for getting it !"

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

But I want instant gratification Dammit!

Tell them they have 3 minutes to reply. I bet all conversations will end pretty quickly after that and there'll be no more bother for you

Think you’re being extremely impatient and expect way too much . Sometime people open fab but can’t respond because they are out and about. Read message doesn’t mean you must receive a reply, it means it’s read, that is all.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Unbelievable....

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Good grief. When it happens it happens. We have lives, and even if that's not a factor, we get other messages to attend to. 10-15 minutes is nothing. I'd slow fade, ghost, or outright block someone with this attitude.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Good grief. When it happens it happens. We have lives, and even if that's not a factor, we get other messages to attend to. 10-15 minutes is nothing. I'd slow fade, ghost, or outright block someone with this attitude. "
couldn't agree more x

"Well this has been an amusing way to spend 15 minutes over lunch. Now to reply to those messages we had an hour ago...... oh, too late, the senders have got bored and moved on

Days I've been waiting!

Sorry Petra, we’ve 357 messages from single men to respond to before we get to yours..... check your inbox on Wednesday afternoon "

cmon now today is single men day we are giving a big up to single men

Unbelievable.... "

Who gets gast tracked?. I really really promise Im genuine, and not lile all them others. Send me through.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Days I've been waiting!

Sorry Petra, we’ve 357 messages from single men to respond to before we get to yours..... check your inbox on Wednesday afternoon cmon now today is single men day we are giving a big up to single men "

Doesn't mean we have to answer their messages within a nano second though.

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

"Tell them they have 3 minutes to reply. I bet all conversations will end pretty quickly after that and there'll be no more bother for you "

I personally don't chat to people. I don't understand when someone message me and asks "do I want to chat" about what exactly ? I prefer straight to the point messages. When someone does grab my attention I will reply very quickly but that's becuase I'm interested and not just passing time. Having said that I have the luxury of living alone and a job where accessing my phone isn't an issue.

However as everyone else has said.. It's likely that something more important has come up.

"I understand what the OP is saying..He massages somebody and they reply back a conversation as started, but over the time of the conversation the replies take longer and longer to come back..it would be the decent thing for the replier to him, to say..I might take sometime replying back to you, I am actually chatting with other people or I am actually doing my housework or fixing the car and so on..it's the hanging on he does not like, and that's understandable, as the conversation had started and was flowing at first

Thanks for getting it !"

Oh I get it! I just think it's an unrealistic view of life. Things happen, people get distracted, they have better things to do than a long back and forth with an online stranger.

I think it's a huge issue with all this technology now... people just expect instant gratification and it's very tiring.

OMG a time limit on responses heard it all now!!

By *ida8780Couple  over a year ago

any town

I reply when I want

But then yo might have 220 new messages and it gets lost ... but if i was to re send the same message.. you probably think im being pushy right?"

You get 220 messages op?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Fab faq states that no reply means no interest. It's not rude. Do you respond to spam emails, junk leaflets in your letterbox that you haven't asked for?

" I personally don't chat to people. I don't understand when someone message me and asks "do I want to chat" about what exactly ? I prefer straight to the point messages. When someone does grab my attention I will reply very quickly but that's becuase I'm interested and not just passing time. Having said that I have the luxury of living alone and a job where accessing my phone isn't an issue.

However as everyone else has said.. It's likely that something more important has come up. "

I said that but it doesn't make me important, in the great scheme of things you are eye catching a guy is maybe eye catching because he has abs or is covered in tatts but bottom line is you generally meet because of personality, which we attempt to get across on here in a text, I used to chat to a woman on another site she's actually on here now but we were dead friendly she sent me a pic of how she looked leaving for a meet, I said she looked amazing........ A week later literally she replied " thanks" that was last time we spoke but it highlights how difficult it is for guys but also how popular the women get and that popularity is the sole reason for delay in replies

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

People have lives away from Fab. Who would have thunk it?

It clearly states on our profile we do not chat..but we do have regulars that contact us every now and then just to say hello and have we got anything planned..If I am at work, I tell them this and say I will reply later. Like most couples and singles females on here we do get a good amount of message each day..apart from the How Are You or Fancy Me Coming Over Now type email we always reply to everyone ..and if it's turning in to a chat scenario I soon tell them we do not chat due to the amount of message we get each day as it would take forever..and most are fine with that and understand..the point is, be honest, if you do not want to chat or carry on with a chat, for whatever reason, just tell them, then everyone can more on.. manners cost nothing, just a few moments of your time.

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"

I find if you haven’t got a number or kik user name within 5 messsges your going to struggle to take it from cyber to physical "

What BS! I have met many many people who have never had my number or kik, I keep to fab messaging because it means I can read and reply when I have time to log in and do so. Not have my phone notifications going crazy every 5 mins.

West Yorkshire

OP, I think you're being absurd. Chat rooms are the place for you if you want instant replies. The only time I'd expect to need to reply with any particular urgency would be if we were in the process of arranging a same day meet.

You can set up instant notifications for messages on android phones, alerting you to new messages. Save you sitting there refreshing the page waiting for an answer.

We don't have them on personally, because we couldn't give a shit if/when someone replies as if we're busy we're busy day to day life takes priority every time.

Why hasn't the OP come back to answer any of my points? I demand answers within the next 5 minutes.

"Why hasn't the OP come back to answer any of my points? I demand answers within the next 5 minutes. "
Ha well you're not gonna get one suck it up

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Why hasn't the OP come back to answer any of my points? I demand answers within the next 5 minutes. Ha well you're not gonna get one suck it up "

Well he shouldn't be complaining then.

"Why hasn't the OP come back to answer any of my points? I demand answers within the next 5 minutes. Ha well you're not gonna get one suck it up

Well he shouldn't be complaining then. "

he's British, we moan

"Why hasn't the OP come back to answer any of my points? I demand answers within the next 5 minutes. Ha well you're not gonna get one suck it up

Well he shouldn't be complaining then. he's British, we moan "

Oi i dont always moan

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Well he shouldn't be complaining then. he's British, we moan

Oi i dont always moan "

Nothing like a good moan lol

Oi i dont always moan

Nothing like a good moan lol "

We could put the world to rights

3 minutes? Wow, and you say your not pushy

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Oi i dont always moan

Nothing like a good moan lol

We could put the world to rights "

absolutely x

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"3 minutes? Wow, and you say your not pushy"

Pushy and entitled attitude springs to mind. People do have real lives and don't just sit there waiting for messages on fab. And to the poster who said about the alerts, I've had to turn mine off as it kept sending them constantly. Just because they were switched on, doesn't mean I had to respond immediately.

By *wingfellowMan  over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

I’ll explain how an inbox works. Yellow are new messages, white are read messages. A womans mail is usually in the hundreds, if you get it read and not replied or you’re even chatting at all and the message doesn’t get delivered it means you have their attention and you’re being considered at least.

See, every person people meet has a weight, a value. Some of which will be above you wether that be because they have been chatting longer or have met previously. If you want that weight and that value then earn it.

Furthermore people have busy lives of which time is valuable. When said time becomes available they’ll make it if they want to.

Patience is a virtue

"3 minutes? Wow, and you say your not pushy

Pushy and entitled attitude springs to mind. People do have real lives and don't just sit there waiting for messages on fab. And to the poster who said about the alerts, I've had to turn mine off as it kept sending them constantly. Just because they were switched on, doesn't mean I had to respond immediately. "

That was me, I thought it might save the op sat on here refreshing his screen awaiting a response getting all frustrated at the 3minute mark.

We don't have them turned on as we just log in as and when, day to day life is more important than answering a message on here that will likely lead nowhere

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Pushy and entitled attitude springs to mind. People do have real lives and don't just sit there waiting for messages on fab. And to the poster who said about the alerts, I've had to turn mine off as it kept sending them constantly. Just because they were switched on, doesn't mean I had to respond immediately.

That was me, I thought it might save the op sat on here refreshing his screen awaiting a response getting all frustrated at the 3minute mark.

We don't have them turned on as we just log in as and when, day to day life is more important than answering a message on here that will likely lead nowhere "

Thanks and I agree with you. I doubt even this would work for the OP as he would just get annoyed at not getting an alert after 3 mins lol.

Oi i dont always moan "

but you do sometimes

We don't have them turned on as we just log in as and when, day to day life is more important than answering a message on here that will likely lead nowhere

Thanks and I agree with you. I doubt even this would work for the OP as he would just get annoyed at not getting an alert after 3 mins lol. "

Very likely, given his annoyance levels in his posts.

I guess some people have more spare time on their hands, 4 kids, a mad dog, a hubby and a house to take care of means this ranks quite low in the grand scheme of things for me.

Oi i dont always moan but you do sometimes "

In bed

Maybe they're busy

I find impatient people frustrating

Maybe they're busy

I find impatient people frustrating "

Bulk delete occasionally happens

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Maybe they're busy

I find impatient people frustrating "

So do I. I make them wait even longer.

Oi i dont always moan but you do sometimes

In bed "

about the lumps and bumps?

Maybe they're busy

Bulk delete occasionally happens "

Bulk delete regularly happens

Maybe they're busy

So do I. I make them wait even longer. "

By *_and_LCouple  over a year ago

Tamworth

I can't stand chasers - 'hey where did you go' 'you disappeared' etc after just a short time. I went back to work...or for a run...or to do some jobs...or just generally to live my life. Nothing like a sense of entitlement to turn me off.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Just says to me you want to quickly get to the nitty gritty, maybe they don't

Presumably you have a life away from fab? Thought so! So do we

Don’t then

[Removed by poster at 03/07/18 19:31:22]

By *100Man  over a year ago

Essex

Dare I say maybe OP is not ringing everyone's bells

By *azkinsWoman  over a year ago

leeds

#needy

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

you need to work on the basis OP that genuinely available swingers will move the conversation off the site where it can be conducted properly when time is free. Conversations can't take place on FAB. Inboxes get filled up to quickly with other men's messages to make its useful tool for conversations.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I don’t think I’ll bother replying to the third next message I get.

West Yorkshire

"you need to work on the basis OP that genuinely available swingers will move the conversation off the site where it can be conducted properly when time is free. Conversations can't take place on FAB. Inboxes get filled up to quickly with other men's messages to make its useful tool for conversations. "

Of course conversations can take place on Fab!

"you need to work on the basis OP that genuinely available swingers will move the conversation off the site where it can be conducted properly when time is free. Conversations can't take place on FAB. Inboxes get filled up to quickly with other men's messages to make its useful tool for conversations.

Of course conversations can take place on Fab! "

Technically they can. Practically they can't.

West Yorkshire

"you need to work on the basis OP that genuinely available swingers will move the conversation off the site where it can be conducted properly when time is free. Conversations can't take place on FAB. Inboxes get filled up to quickly with other men's messages to make its useful tool for conversations.

Technically they can. Practically they can't. "

They can, and do. I've conducted many conversations leading to meets, entirely using fab messaging. It's not rocket science.

By *_and_LCouple  over a year ago

Tamworth

We've managed plenty.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

They can. The site gives you all the tools to have them. People can reply if they want to be polite, there's no obligation on either side to continue the conversation. If people feel pestered or they are being messaged by a pushy or entitled person it's very easy to block said person/people.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I get fed up when a guy messages within a few minutes with a second message because I’ve not responded to his first message. Guys will find themselves blocked if they get impatient. If they’re like this with a message what are they like in bed?

If I have a few messages to respond to it could easily take a while to respond to each of them. Plus kik and WhatsApp.

Take a chill pill !

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I get fed up when a guy messages within a few minutes with a second message because I’ve not responded to his first message. Guys will find themselves blocked if they get impatient. If they’re like this with a message what are they like in bed?

If I have a few messages to respond to it could easily take a while to respond to each of them. Plus kik and WhatsApp.

Take a chill pill ! "

"you need to work on the basis OP that genuinely available swingers will move the conversation off the site where it can be conducted properly when time is free. Conversations can't take place on FAB. Inboxes get filled up to quickly with other men's messages to make its useful tool for conversations. "

This is the most patronising comment I've seen in forum today

'Genuinely available swingers'

Of course conversations can take place on fab as long as everyone involved wants to chat

By *hackles44Man  over a year ago

LEICESTER

surely you are not suggesting that women multi-task...........

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Of course conversations can take place on fab as long as everyone involved wants to chat "

I took that to mean genuinely available swingers are part of the instashag myth?

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Sometimes I wonder if I'm on a different fab site to OP and various others

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Sometimes I wonder if I'm on a different fab site to OP and various others "

What, you mean the one in the parallel fabiverse?

Of course conversations can take place on fab as long as everyone involved wants to chat

I took that to mean genuinely available swingers are part of the instashag myth? "

Maybe

I took that to mean genuinely available swingers are part of the instashag myth? "

Well you would be wrong

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I took that to mean genuinely available swingers are part of the instashag myth?

Well you would be wrong "

I don't think so. Most of my meets have been through fab, I haven't needed to take them off site. I've been here over 3 years, the site gives me all the tools I need to successfully run my account the way that suits me, not anyone else. Thanks for your input though.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Sometimes I wonder if I'm on a different fab site to OP and various others

What, you mean the one in the parallel fabiverse? "

Yeah where there's no whining no I can't get an instashag why won't anyone talk to me threads

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Sometimes I wonder if I'm on a different fab site to OP and various others

What, you mean the one in the parallel fabiverse?

Yeah where there's no whining no I can't get an instashag why won't anyone talk to me threads "

Lol. When you find it, please tell me xx

Some will chat to others and not just you. It may not always be in a sexual capacity, but a friendly one too. It's difficult because men don't always get multiple chats on the go. You need to remember that as long as they are replying, that's what counts. Though if someone took a few hours to respond, despite them being online, if we were discussing a meet, or a build up to a meet, I'd lose interest.... I have when someone was online a few times, yet didnt message till the next day sometimes. So i can see your point a little. I just don't see 15 mins as a long time.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I blocked someone today for being pushy

He messaged,I read it and several others I'd received.

Before I had to chance to reply he sent another message .

I doubt someone would be v respectful in real life ,if they can't wait more than a few mins for a reply.

You're not entitled to anything from anyone on here, if you had no expectations you'd enjoy the site more.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Your damned if you do reply and damned if you don't. A classic lose-lose situation.

Just need to chill out - does it matter that you don’t get a reply straight away! Be thankful you get a message back at all !

Depending on what’s being said in message they might want time to think or need to discuss things with partners before getting too deep into conversation. What if the partner doesn’t like or want to meet who messaged? Me and my partner will text each other saying check out who I’m talking to and what’d think?

Also we don’t stay on here all day as could have family/visitors or even going to work

Im not throwing my dummy out I totally understand people have lives ect ... dosnt stop it from being really bloody Frustrating lol just wish fabswingers could have a Facebook messenger as well as inbox as inbox of most women and couples get full of shit with us genuine nice single guys ether missing out as getting prejudged or our replies getting lost ..

I think it's fair to say, that they might not be interested in YOU, and seem to have no bottle in saying so! If communication breaks down, move on and find another willing to take the time out because they want you! LEARN TO TAKE THE HINT, THE SIGNS ARE OBVIOUS HUN x good luck x"

Agree, take the hint mate and look somewhere else

I had to wait a week once she showed me a pic of her going out to a meet I said she looked amazing a week later she said thanks

You trying to have a chat on fab and it takes the woman or couple 10 to 15 mins to reply.. its so frustrating ! I know people get alot of messages but surely there can be a fast track inbox set up? I had to wait a week once she showed me a pic of her going out to a meet I said she looked amazing a week later she said thanks "

last time I spoke to her she's addicted to this now......... It's addictive you know

I won't reply to a message straight away. I may read the message but I could just be getting off a train on my way home then having to drive. I could be doing a number of things where I read it and simply do not reply. Or on the other hand the conversation is not for me and easier than saying this is just not to reply.

It would be nice though, if folk would simply say ..I will reply later ..or simply, your not for me, that would only take a few secs out of anybody's life...no need to be ignorant..you would not treat people like this in person ..

I'm usually at work so have to be discreet and pop in to the loo to reply to messages. Only so many times you can do that before someone says... Have you got a bladder problem

Best to watsapp it's easier to explain ( it's my mum ) haha

"It would be nice though, if folk would simply say ..I will reply later ..or simply, your not for me, that would only take a few secs out of anybody's life...no need to be ignorant..you would not treat people like this in person .."

Doing this several times dues take time though. And attracts messages saying ok and further clusters an inbox.

"It would be nice though, if folk would simply say ..I will reply later ..or simply, your not for me, that would only take a few secs out of anybody's life...no need to be ignorant..you would not treat people like this in person .."

Tried that, it just creates a whole new conversation ......... 'why can't we chat now, what you up to?"

Everyone has the choice who they send a message to and everyone has the choice who they reply to! It really is that simple

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

And then you get pestered with questions like why not, trying to get you to change your mind or outright abuse.

Lol

"It would be nice though, if folk would simply say ..I will reply later ..or simply, your not for me, that would only take a few secs out of anybody's life...no need to be ignorant..you would not treat people like this in person ..

And then you get pestered with questions like why not, trying to get you to change your mind or outright abuse. "

Well that's when you block them..it really is that simple

"It would be nice though, if folk would simply say ..I will reply later ..or simply, your not for me, that would only take a few secs out of anybody's life...no need to be ignorant..you would not treat people like this in person ..

Doing this several times dues take time though. And attracts messages saying ok and further clusters an inbox."

it's just being lazy ..if it turns in to a convo you do not want just tell them and block if necessary

By *FFB69Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

Actually, yeah I would. If I have no desire to talk to someone. I don't.

But then in person you wouldn't get the same line repeated over and over, if you're busy doing something they'd see and wouldn't bother.

You can't compare fab and messaging to in person because they're not even close to the same thing.

If OP acted in person the way he appears to in messages he'd more than likely get a slap. He's like a child demanding attention when you're busy.

The OP is getting stick for starting a conversation with someone and then the replies are taking longer to come back and finding that frustrating..so what has the OP done wrong ..nothing ..if the other person has replied back to him then of course he is going to then reply back himself thinking a conversation as started .. if the replier than finds they do not have time to carry on with the conversation or in fact carry on at all, then they should tell him, instead of the OP hanging on thinking a reply is coming his way..a bit of common courtesy goes a long way..if it's a case of someone messaging you and pestering you and taking no for an answer then you just block them..The OP just got a bit frustrated because the replier did not inform him of their intentions regarding the message conversations..he did nothing wrong

I do. When I am busy, I tend to automatically blank people out unless they are literally right in front of my face. So many times I have had to apologise for not acknowledging people I know well (family members etc.) even though it was totally unintentional on my part. I just get totally inside my own head and don't notice what is happening around me.

Actually, yeah I would. If I have no desire to talk to someone. I don't.

But then in person you wouldn't get the same line repeated over and over, if you're busy doing something they'd see and wouldn't bother.

You can't compare fab and messaging to in person because they're not even close to the same thing.

If OP acted in person the way he appears to in messages he'd more than likely get a slap. He's like a child demanding attention when you're busy. "

Yeah but he it not acting like a child..the replier to his messages as lead him on and left him hanging in the first place by answering his first message and carrying on and then stopping with no warning ..

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

And then you get pestered with questions like why not, trying to get you to change your mind or outright abuse.

"

so best not to reply again at all and avoid it in the first place then!

so best not to reply again at all and avoid it in the first place then! "

And thats my point..they did reply to him ..so he presumed a conversation had started between them..so if they did not want to carry on they should have said so and that would have been the end of it and the OP would have not posted his thread

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

And thats my point..they did reply to him ..so he presumed a conversation had started between them..so if they did not want to carry on they should have said so and that would have been the end of it and the OP would have not posted his thread "

I've previously stated the reasons for not replying and continuing the conversation. You obviously don't get pestered being a couple.

And thats my point..they did reply to him ..so he presumed a conversation had started between them..so if they did not want to carry on they should have said so and that would have been the end of it and the OP would have not posted his thread "

Just because they've replied once doesn't mean they have to continue to reply, it also doesn't mean they were leading him on! It's all about choice .........

And thats my point..they did reply to him ..so he presumed a conversation had started between them..so if they did not want to carry on they should have said so and that would have been the end of it and the OP would have not posted his thread

Just because they've replied once doesn't mean they have to continue to reply, it also doesn't mean they were leading him on! It's all about choice ......... "

You can not say that because you do not know how the conversation was going..plus he had more replies, they were just taking a long time to come back..and again that was my point, all they had to say was I am busy and my replies might take some time ..there is never any need to be ignorant

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Just because they've replied once doesn't mean they have to continue to reply, it also doesn't mean they were leading him on! It's all about choice .........

You can not say that because you do not know how the conversation was going..plus he had more replies, they were just taking a long time to come back..and again that was my point, all they had to say was I am busy and my replies might take some time ..there is never any need to be ignorant "

So is it also rude and ignorant not to reply in the first place then?

You can not say that because you do not know how the conversation was going..plus he had more replies, they were just taking a long time to come back..and again that was my point, all they had to say was I am busy and my replies might take some time ..there is never any need to be ignorant "

but that's not being ignorant if they reply but just a while later that's just being consumed by other messages from people they also chat to who are just as important as you, chatting on this site is a nightmare though, so if you are getting along really well then try and get them to move to another contact forum or app that you both may have, whilst I appreciate your frustration and I do I'm a single guy it can be an absolute nightmare for some on here, you have to accept whether you feel it's rude on the other persons part and if you were sitting in a bar having a conversation your example would be extremely rude but you are here and the very attractive single ladies and couples have many people they chat to, I lost a very good friend because of it she couldn't cope so she basically cut the weakest links off and that was me, so get used to it or get them to chat on another medium

my own little sanctuary

Quite often leaving a message read and not deleting is how people know to come back to it when they have time, it shows up white as oppose to yellow. It literally is one of a very few ways to organise a mailbox on here. I don’t get what everyone’s issue is. They haven’t deleted it for a reason, they also haven’t replied for a reason. The fact remains that it is an open conversation therefore just chill out and not sit there refreshing and worrying.

I just hope more people realise that expectation and entitlement is what people usually mean when they talk about people being pushy.

Most of my mails are rather sporadic and extend over days/weeks and months even but when I do actually get round to meeting them there’s a solid foundation of trust, safety and fluent chatting. I have no issues in conversations being here and there because I am capable of controlling my urges and I’m also capable of keeping a conversation going even when it gets broken I can usually allow it to flow all the same and not go stale. That may be another reason people do it, to see who loses interest and expects something is a guarantee.

You can not say that because you do not know how the conversation was going..plus he had more replies, they were just taking a long time to come back..and again that was my point, all they had to say was I am busy and my replies might take some time ..there is never any need to be ignorant

So is it also rude and ignorant not to reply in the first place then? "

No..nobody has to reply as we all know, and it generally means not interested if no reply is sent..but he was in conversation with them, so they agreed to communicate ..if they did not want to carry on or did not have the time they should have told him, instead of keep the OP hanging on for a reply..

my own little sanctuary

No..nobody has to reply as we all know, and it generally means not interested if no reply is sent..but he was in conversation with them, so they agreed to communicate ..if they did not want to carry on or did not have the time they should have told him, instead of keep the OP hanging on for a reply.. "

But getting back to the conversation is far better than breaking it in my opinion

No..nobody has to reply as we all know, and it generally means not interested if no reply is sent..but he was in conversation with them, so they agreed to communicate ..if they did not want to carry on or did not have the time they should have told him, instead of keep the OP hanging on for a reply.. "

they were replying though, so how is that keeping him hanging on

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Do you pop your stopwatch on? I'm terrible at replying nowadays with someone I know nevermind some stranger from here. I suppose if it's taking them a while to reply they may not actually be into you that much.

Has the OP been back yet?

Time waster.

"Do you pop your stopwatch on? I'm terrible at replying nowadays with someone I know nevermind some stranger from here. I suppose if it's taking them a while to reply they may not actually be into you that much. "
damn that'll help

[Removed by poster at 05/07/18 15:41:06]

No..nobody has to reply as we all know, and it generally means not interested if no reply is sent..but he was in conversation with them, so they agreed to communicate ..if they did not want to carry on or did not have the time they should have told him, instead of keep the OP hanging on for a reply.. they were replying though, so how is that keeping him hanging on "

They were taking longer and longer to get back to him ..so may point was ..they could have said I am busy at the mo and will reply as and when I can, that would sorted it..

Anyway im just going off how we work..if we do get into message conversations with one or more folk at the same time we tell them this, or if we are going off line we tell them this and that we will reply later ..or we tell them we are no longer interested.. job done

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Has the OP been back yet?

Time waster. "

I know I posted 15 min's ago and he hasn't replied to my question yet,that's just damn rude isn't it.

We're going round in circles, you don't seem to understand the bottom line is NO ONE HAS TO REPLY TO ANY MESSAGE, ITS A MATTER OF CHOICE

We will have to agree to disagree but remember whether you're a man, woman or couple behaving as though you're entitled puts people off and comes across as pushy!

No..nobody has to reply as we all know, and it generally means not interested if no reply is sent..but he was in conversation with them, so they agreed to communicate ..if they did not want to carry on or did not have the time they should have told him, instead of keep the OP hanging on for a reply.. they were replying though, so how is that keeping him hanging on

They were taking longer and longer to get back to him ..so may point was ..they could have said I am busy at the mo and will reply as and when I can, that would sorted it..

Anyway im just going off how we work..if we do get into message conversations with one or more folk at the same time we tell them this, or if we are going off line we tell them this and that we will reply later ..or we tell them we are no longer interested.. job done "

Well that's fair comment

We're going round in circles, you don't seem to understand the bottom line is NO ONE HAS TO REPLY TO ANY MESSAGE, ITS A MATTER OF CHOICE

We will have to agree to disagree but remember whether you're a man, woman or couple behaving as though you're entitled puts people off and comes across as pushy! "

omg I hate that term it gets used a lot here ' entitled' someone is making a valid point..... Not maybe as succinctly put as it could have been but Diane just said and this was a good point, they say if they're interested they say if they're busy and they say if they're going...... I think that's fair. I personally understand that women are busy and get lots of messages but as I said earlier if you were sat in a bar chatting to a couple and you were getting on then you took 15 minutes to reply to that persons comment or question that would be rude yes?

We will have to agree to disagree but remember whether you're a man, woman or couple behaving as though you're entitled puts people off and comes across as pushy! omg I hate that term it gets used a lot here ' entitled' someone is making a valid point..... Not maybe as succinctly put as it could have been but Diane just said and this was a good point, they say if they're interested they say if they're busy and they say if they're going...... I think that's fair. I personally understand that women are busy and get lots of messages but as I said earlier if you were sat in a bar chatting to a couple and you were getting on then you took 15 minutes to reply to that persons comment or question that would be rude yes? "

We're not in a bar, we are on a site where when logged in we could be at work, driving or with family. It's not always possible to reply and we shouldn't be expected to!

Entitled, pushy .......... it's an unattractive trait and I block anyone who behaves like that

We will have to agree to disagree but remember whether you're a man, woman or couple behaving as though you're entitled puts people off and comes across as pushy! omg I hate that term it gets used a lot here ' entitled' someone is making a valid point..... Not maybe as succinctly put as it could have been but Diane just said and this was a good point, they say if they're interested they say if they're busy and they say if they're going...... I think that's fair. I personally understand that women are busy and get lots of messages but as I said earlier if you were sat in a bar chatting to a couple and you were getting on then you took 15 minutes to reply to that persons comment or question that would be rude yes?

We're not in a bar, we are on a site where when logged in we could be at work, driving or with family. It's not always possible to reply and we shouldn't be expected to!

Entitled, pushy .......... it's an unattractive trait and I block anyone who behaves like that "

How are they behaving like they are entitled exactly because in their opinion a valid opinion just as valid as yours, they believe the person or persons concerned were rude because they didn't reply for 15 minutes but never said they were busy and might have to go in a sec, it's easily done and I understand the problem, he doesn't and he's saying he thinks it's rude, is he wrong I don't think so but is he wise to raise it here...... Definitely not

Are you serious OP is this a wind up. People need never answer if they dnt want to. Msybe you just arent for them. I would delete if you contacted us because we ststecour preference. Maybecyou arent reading their profiles first. No ine has to answer anyone sorry to be so blunt

We will have to agree to disagree but remember whether you're a man, woman or couple behaving as though you're entitled puts people off and comes across as pushy! omg I hate that term it gets used a lot here ' entitled' someone is making a valid point..... Not maybe as succinctly put as it could have been but Diane just said and this was a good point, they say if they're interested they say if they're busy and they say if they're going...... I think that's fair. I personally understand that women are busy and get lots of messages but as I said earlier if you were sat in a bar chatting to a couple and you were getting on then you took 15 minutes to reply to that persons comment or question that would be rude yes?

Entitled, pushy .......... it's an unattractive trait and I block anyone who behaves like that How are they behaving like they are entitled exactly because in their opinion a valid opinion just as valid as yours, they believe the person or persons concerned were rude because they didn't reply for 15 minutes but never said they were busy and might have to go in a sec, it's easily done and I understand the problem, he doesn't and he's saying he thinks it's rude, is he wrong I don't think so but is he wise to raise it here...... Definitely not "

Someone who expects a reply is behaving like they're entitled, behaving entitled usually comes across as pushy!

In my opinion

Read above I never called that couple entitled or pushy I'm just giving my opinion, I understand you don't agree that's fair enough

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

We get quite literally hundreds of messages a day so a speedy response is not always possible even with the two of us responding

Entitled, pushy .......... it's an unattractive trait and I block anyone who behaves like that How are they behaving like they are entitled exactly because in their opinion a valid opinion just as valid as yours, they believe the person or persons concerned were rude because they didn't reply for 15 minutes but never said they were busy and might have to go in a sec, it's easily done and I understand the problem, he doesn't and he's saying he thinks it's rude, is he wrong I don't think so but is he wise to raise it here...... Definitely not

Someone who expects a reply is behaving like they're entitled, behaving entitled usually comes across as pushy!

In my opinion

Read above I never called that couple entitled or pushy I'm just giving my opinion, I understand you don't agree that's fair enough "

I didn't actually read anywhere in his posts where he said he expected a reply he was merely saying he was in conversation with a couple who it seemed to him wanted to meet him, he felt the time span 15 minutes was a bit much, if the couple were interested in him as he felt then maybe it would have been polite to just say we are a little busy chatting someone else up can we chat later, I think that's fair

Entitled, pushy .......... it's an unattractive trait and I block anyone who behaves like that How are they behaving like they are entitled exactly because in their opinion a valid opinion just as valid as yours, they believe the person or persons concerned were rude because they didn't reply for 15 minutes but never said they were busy and might have to go in a sec, it's easily done and I understand the problem, he doesn't and he's saying he thinks it's rude, is he wrong I don't think so but is he wise to raise it here...... Definitely not

In my opinion

Read above I never called that couple entitled or pushy I'm just giving my opinion, I understand you don't agree that's fair enough I didn't actually read anywhere in his posts where he said he expected a reply he was merely saying he was in conversation with a couple who it seemed to him wanted to meet him, he felt the time span 15 minutes was a bit much, if the couple were interested in him as he felt then maybe it would have been polite to just say we are a little busy chatting someone else up can we chat later, I think that's fair "

We could split hairs but he's expecting them to message quicker than 15 mins

We will just have to agree to disagree

In my opinion

Read above I never called that couple entitled or pushy I'm just giving my opinion, I understand you don't agree that's fair enough I didn't actually read anywhere in his posts where he said he expected a reply he was merely saying he was in conversation with a couple who it seemed to him wanted to meet him, he felt the time span 15 minutes was a bit much, if the couple were interested in him as he felt then maybe it would have been polite to just say we are a little busy chatting someone else up can we chat later, I think that's fair

We could split hairs but he's expecting them to message quicker than 15 mins

We will just have to agree to disagree "

don't you see my eloquently put point at all?

By *attoo manMan  over a year ago

Rhyl

Women get hundreds of messages on here daily. So if you are lucky enough to get one who reply's to you. I know i would not morn about how long it takes for them to reply. Would be just happy i got a reply.

» Add a new message to this topic