FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Clubf safety first - GIARDIASIS

Clubf safety first - GIARDIASIS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Your attention please - hot tub closed at the moment

Broken pump - Clubf staff have reported to sue n simon that members have been having sex in the hot tub. Condoms have blocked the filter and this has caused the filter to break and stop working.

Giardiasis- Environmental health gave clubf the heads up yesterday, 12 July, they stated we do not pose any questions or concerns to them regarding a water born infection called giardiasis.

We were recently inspected voluntarily by environmental health and we were cleaner than some of the top hotels and gyms in Durham.

As we take your safety in all forms very seriously here in Clubf we have decided to take further measures and have the hot tub drained & cleaned. This is above the expectations set down for preventative maintenance.

Giardiasis is unpleasant and is contracted via unprotected anal sex, sharing sex toys, from infant nurseries and working in close proximity to dogs & cats faeces. These are a few examples.

Home hot tubs may not be as rigorously maintained, cleaned & serviced, likewise if you have hired a hot tub it could be the cause of an infection.

We have made this statement to be able to show all of Clubf members and staff that we all at clubf take matters regarding your safety very seriously .

Any questions or concerns please post here or pm me privately.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

"Your attention please - hot tub closed at the moment

Broken pump - Clubf staff have reported to sue n simon that members have been having sex in the hot tub. Condoms have blocked the filter and this has caused the filter to break and stop working.

Giardiasis- Environmental health gave clubf the heads up yesterday, 12 July, they stated we do not pose any questions or concerns to them regarding a water born infection called giardiasis.

We were recently inspected voluntarily by environmental health and we were cleaner than some of the top hotels and gyms in Durham.

As we take your safety in all forms very seriously here in Clubf we have decided to take further measures and have the hot tub drained & cleaned. This is above the expectations set down for preventative maintenance.

Giardiasis is unpleasant and is contracted via unprotected anal sex, sharing sex toys, from infant nurseries and working in close proximity to dogs & cats faeces. These are a few examples.

Home hot tubs may not be as rigorously maintained, cleaned & serviced, likewise if you have hired a hot tub it could be the cause of an infection.

We have made this statement to be able to show all of Clubf members and staff that we all at clubf take matters regarding your safety very seriously .

Any questions or concerns please post here or pm me privately. "

Have to say I'm concerned that you think draining and cleaning a hot tub is worthy of a news post. Every club we go to has always done that weekly. As well as be shocked people have sex in a sex club hot tub

We empty our home one and clean it regularly without posting to the leicestershire gazette

Good for you

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

So...how did the subject of "Giardiasis" come about then?

By *ol73Woman  over a year ago

Newcastle

Thank you for that advice. I'm going to Google it. X

We have close links with the local authorities and they gave us a heads up by email.

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

"Good for you

"

There is also no way for a condom to get anywhere near the pump of a correctly filtered and maintained hot tub.

We picked them out, if a pipe gets blocked up then the pump overheats and can seize.

Unfortunately every fucker thinks they are hot tub experts.

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

"We picked them out, if a pipe gets blocked up then the pump overheats and can seize.

Unfortunately every fucker thinks they are hot tub experts. "

Funny I was thinking that and I used to work for Jacuzzi in Ca....So you had an issue and took a responsible and potentially self damaging post...well i say well done you...nice to see .....

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

Giardiasis is unpleasant and is contracted via unprotected anal sex, sharing sex toys, from infant nurseries and working in close proximity to dogs & cats faeces. "

Not according to the US National Centre for Biotechnology (my capitals)

"Transmission of Giardia lamblia occurs EXCLUSIVELY by the faecal-oral route."

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Top work Club F.

Have to say after plenty of visits there the club is very clean and tidy and staff are always vigilant with keeping the place safe for its users.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Giardiasis is unpleasant and is contracted via unprotected anal sex, sharing sex toys, from infant nurseries and working in close proximity to dogs & cats faeces.

"Transmission of Giardia lamblia occurs EXCLUSIVELY by the faecal-oral route.""

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/giardiasis/

That’s interesting, so is the post about it on the NHS website

"We picked them out, if a pipe gets blocked up then the pump overheats and can seize.

Unfortunately every fucker thinks they are hot tub experts. "

Well said sue

By *ohnandLucyCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

In our near 10 years of experience of going to the club, Sue you always do things professionally and responsibly. You get back a big thumbs up from us!

Wherever the party is!

As far as I know, Club F is one of the top clubs in the UK. As such, I would assume that they have a 5* rating for hygiene. This thread makes me think that someone has made an accusation that the club is now trying to fight.

This is what's known as "The Streisand effect". The process of trying to fight a fire can sometimes ironically make it worse...

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

Great Clubf. Well done.

"As far as I know, Club F is one of the top clubs in the UK. As such, I would assume that they have a 5* rating for hygiene. This thread makes me think that someone has made an accusation that the club is now trying to fight.

This is what's known as "The Streisand effect". The process of trying to fight a fire can sometimes ironically make it worse... "

No one has made an accusation, as I said the council gave us the heads up.

Please read what I have said as its what has happened.

Wherever the party is!

"As far as I know, Club F is one of the top clubs in the UK. As such, I would assume that they have a 5* rating for hygiene. This thread makes me think that someone has made an accusation that the club is now trying to fight.

This is what's known as "The Streisand effect". The process of trying to fight a fire can sometimes ironically make it worse...

Please read what I have said as its what has happened."

Right. You started a thread to tell us that you keep your hot tub nice and clean. Umm...that's nice but that's exactly what I would expect you to do. Not really something I would start a thread about though.

If you were informing us that somebody who goes to your club has an infection and just to be on the safe side, you're informing your members to get themselves checked, then THAT would be highly commendable. In fact, I know an individual who did something along those lines because he felt that the wellbeing of the community was worth more than his personal reputation. Which hasn't been harmed I must add.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks this post is strange. You announce that the tub is temporarily closed. Fine. Then out of the blue some disease gets mentioned along with a statement that if someone did have this "random" disease then they probably got it from some hot tub at home. Not only that, you've actually given TWO reasons for why your hot tub has been closed!!!

But hey, congratulations on having a nice clean hot tub. I'm really worried about how little clubs tell us about their hot tub cleanliness...

Hmmm, not sure what to say really, except, the tub hasnt been cleaned yet, just closed, nor has it been mended yet, just switched off for now.

Strange post? Arent there lots of those ? Just like some strange replies...,

Like I said the council gave us a heads up so I thought (I appreciate everyone may not agree) that I would give people a heads up? Thats fine that you may not agree, but I think its ok to do that

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Right. You started a thread to tell us that you keep your hot tub nice and clean. Umm...that's nice but that's exactly what I would expect you to do. Not really something I would start a thread about though.

If you were informing us that somebody who goes to your club has an infection and just to be on the safe side, you're informing your members to get themselves checked, then THAT would be highly commendable. In fact, I know an individual who did something along those lines because he felt that the wellbeing of the community was worth more than his personal reputation. Which hasn't been harmed I must add.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks this post is strange. You announce that the tub is temporarily closed. Fine. Then out of the blue some disease gets mentioned along with a statement that if someone did have this "random" disease then they probably got it from some hot tub at home. Not only that, you've actually given TWO reasons for why your hot tub has been closed!!!

But hey, congratulations on having a nice clean hot tub. I'm really worried about how little clubs tell us about their hot tub cleanliness... "

I think you're being a bit ridiculous here Tre. Anyone reading the OP could see that it is a way of reaching the most amount of club goers to I form a d update on the reasons why the hit tub was closed.

When chams had an issue not too long ago people were turning to the forums to find out when it would be open again and what was going on.

As got the infection part, I am sure if someone got hold of the fact that the environmental health department were advising about it and the club had done nothing to put their customers minds at ease there would be uproar. I don't read that they are accusing other hot tub owners of having it, merely defending their own regimine and reassuring customers that they are aware of the risk and work hard to mitigate it.

Your negativity and accusatory tones are misplaced in my opinion.

By *otwife CoolhubCouple  over a year ago

Bathgate

"

Giardiasis is unpleasant and is contracted via unprotected anal sex, sharing sex toys, from infant nurseries and working in close proximity to dogs & cats faeces.

"Transmission of Giardia lamblia occurs EXCLUSIVELY by the faecal-oral route."

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/giardiasis/

"

Glad you used punctuation there, could have read it as “sharing sex toys from infant nurseries”

But hey, congratulations on having a nice clean hot tub. I'm really worried about how little clubs tell us about their hot tub cleanliness... "

This is precisely why I never use hot tubs in any club no matter how often they claim to clean them

By *otwife CoolhubCouple  over a year ago

Bathgate

What’s everyone getting their knickers in a twist for?

The club is merely pointing out that they’ve had to close their hot tub because some people have not only had sex in the tub but left condoms there. Just spoils fun for people who use it responsibly.

Also they’ve highlighted a bacterial infection tht can be carried in the water. Surely this benefits anyone with a hot tub.

Why do people think that it’s cool to have a go at anyone running a business that provides a service?

By *tuartsCelloCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

What a lot of drama over a hot tub

Wherever the party is!

"What’s everyone getting their knickers in a twist for?

The club is merely pointing out that they’ve had to close their hot tub because some people have not only had sex in the tub but left condoms there. Just spoils fun for people who use it responsibly.

Also they’ve highlighted a bacterial infection tht can be carried in the water. Surely this benefits anyone with a hot tub.

Why do people think that it’s cool to have a go at anyone running a business that provides a service?"

I think it's perfectly fine to announce that the tub is temporarily out of action due to some of the patrons misusing the facilities. I know this is a common problem as a club close to me have had to shut theirs down on many occasions due to people not following the instructions posted.

I just don't see the need to mention a specific disease if there hasn't been an incidence at this location.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Hmmm, not sure what to say really, except, the tub hasnt been cleaned yet, just closed, nor has it been mended yet, just switched off for now.

"

Why hasn't it been emptied and cleaned three days after you knew there was a problem ?

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

As already mentioned, whilst responsible clubs would be on top of their cleanliness regimes, the fact this could possibly be a problem in home hot tubs is quite important, especially with the current popularity of home set-ups.

ClubF haven`t said this virus/condition exists in their premises and they more than likely don`t anyway. It`s also a bit of an eye opener to see yet more that has to considered when running a club! Those who`ve been to Chams when the pump room door is open will see it`s quite a huge chunk of machinery needed for the two tubs they have.

"What a lot of drama over a hot tub "

Agree, if it was a great big Henry the Third, i would understand

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Why do people think that it’s cool to have a go at anyone running a business that provides a service?

I think it's perfectly fine to announce that the tub is temporarily out of action due to some of the patrons misusing the facilities. I know this is a common problem as a club close to me have had to shut theirs down on many occasions due to people not following the instructions posted.

I just don't see the need to mention a specific disease if there hasn't been an incidence at this location."

Because people often listen to speculation and rumour, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 28!

Hot tub closure + generic guidance issued by environmental health regarding ALL hot tubs = perfect opportunity for disgruntled ex customers to cause all sorts of shit.

By *tuartsCelloCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"What a lot of drama over a hot tub

Agree, if it was a great big Henry the Third, i would understand "

"Hmmm, not sure what to say really, except, the tub hasnt been cleaned yet, just closed, nor has it been mended yet, just switched off for now.

Why hasn't it been emptied and cleaned three days after you knew there was a problem ?"

@_allyslinky, not sure of the helpfulness of this except to try to make us feel useless but I will explain.

We were given the heads up by the council late last week, most of our time over the weekend is spent prepping the club for friday opening, opening & running the club, cleaning the hotel rooms used the next day and prepping again for sat and sunday, thats a pretty hectic schedule.

To empty the tub without the pump means it has to empty by gravity and then scrubbing out the hot tub takes a good few hours, putting it basically we are knackered just running the club over a weekend.

However, our lovely manager Simon has come in on his days off this week to do that and its clean & sparkling now and the pump has been replaced.

I just don't see the need to mention a specific disease if there hasn't been an incidence at this location."

@milk tre, its the elephant in the room isn’t it?

I made the decision, rightly or wrongly to continue to be open and transparent and mention this as the council saw fit to mention it to us.

However, I have to say, with the greatest respect, that you have continued to pick away and try to read more into it than there actually is, and that is being open & transparent.

To be frank its not surprising that people dont talk about the things that do need to be talked about and learnt about. Fortunately the private messages of support and direct support received on this thread has confirmed that my decision to talk about it was the right way to make people aware.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Pleased to hear everything is sorted now. Thanks for keeping us all informed.

By *lub F Co.DurhamCouple  over a year ago

Stanley

No worries

Unlike most of the people who have commented on this post we have been to club f many a time over the last few years, and the place is always spotlessly clean (including the hot tub area) and have seen the staff shut the hot tub and clean it because of people having sex in it. And if the council have informed any club that there is an increase in an infection in the area is it not there duty to tell people.! Not that iv seen any other club do this (even if it has come from people not looking after there home hot tubs properly). It is such a shame that people feel they must be negative when all the staff are doing is being honest and open with there members

By *roticGoddessXXWoman  over a year ago

Richmond

"

"Transmission of Giardia lamblia occurs EXCLUSIVELY by the faecal-oral route.""

Yea, I got giardia after spending a year in Central America as a teen. It's a parasite, it's not exactly life threatening, and very treatable.

You can get it while on holiday at any location.

You get it, you get treated, it's over. Deal, and move on.

By *roticGoddessXXWoman  over a year ago

Richmond

ALSO---kudos to ClubF (which I've never been to) to advising all who may have been infected.

By *east and belleCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

Excellent news the club is back up and running, we look forward to coming and staying over next month and I'm sure we will have a great night

By *aturasqCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Were the council there as paying customers ? Did they get in on the couple rate or as singles ?

By *east and belleCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

Just read this whole thread again and it amazes me how sinister society is in today's world. This is one of the main reasons why I hate humans on a whole and only socialize with a select few

Why do people think that it’s cool to have a go at anyone running a business that provides a service?"

I was thinking exactly the same. There are so many people on these forums that are very quick to judge and rip a post apart. Jesus have they nothing better to do?

A club tries to be transparent with their clientele and get shit for it, if they were hiding why they closed the tub then they’d also get shit for it.

Professional complainers, we see you!

Good job to the club, transparency is always the way forward when running a business like this, in my opinion.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Make sure you guard your arses

» Add a new message to this topic