FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > How often do you...

How often do you...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

... type a post, or comment on another, and then after reading it back before posting, delete it? I do it quite a lot, as while I understand what I mean and the tone of which my comment is meant to be read, I'm always concerned that it will be taken out of context and some snowflake will melt or a moderator will remove it because they interpret my comments differently.

It's shame that we can no longer speak our mind for fear of delicate souls having a crisis.

Too many glass jaws and glass backs in todays society I feel.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Read the forum rules here

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

and you'll reduce the chances of your posts being removed. Mods only remove posts that break these rules or disrupt the forum.

Disagreeing with your opinion isn't being a snowflake. However one might interpret getting upset at being disagreed with as being a little sensitive.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Read the forum rules here

and you'll reduce the chances of your posts being removed. Mods only remove posts that break these rules or disrupt the forum.

Disagreeing with your opinion isn't being a snowflake. However one might interpret getting upset at being disagreed with as being a little sensitive."

Well aware of the rules, I've never had a ban either. Just asking a question if people often type as they find, then delete and reword their comments once they think someone may take offence at the original comment.

With rules including such non-specifics as 'nit picking', I'm sure it's hard for some not to fall foul of these rules. What's nit picking to one person, is simply clarifying a point to another. I guess it depends on the individual moderators perspective.. That then is flawed when it comes to continuity of forum moderation I'd imagine.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask the question.

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

[Removed by poster at 29/08/18 13:15:43]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 29/08/18 13:15:43]"

Disagreeing with your opinion isn't being a snowflake. However one might interpret getting upset at being disagreed with as being a little sensitive.

Well aware of the rules, I've never had a ban either. Just asking a question if people often type as they find, then delete and reword their comments once they think someone may take offence at the original comment.

With rules including such non-specifics as 'nit picking', I'm sure it's hard for some not to fall foul of these rules. What's nit picking to one person, is simply clarifying a point to another. I guess it depends on the individual moderators perspective.. That then is flawed when it comes to continuity of forum moderation I'd imagine.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask the question. "

I got us a 48 hour ban from the forums for ‘nit picking’ took me hours to work out which thread it was and I honestly didn’t mean to nit pick.... actually thought I was being helpful!

Hey ho onwards and upwards and yes I probably think a bit more before posting now

Floppsy x

frequently.. mostly because I decide it just isn't worth trying to put across my view lol

All the time!!

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

"... type a post, or comment on another, and then after reading it back before posting, delete it? I do it quite a lot, as while I understand what I mean and the tone of which my comment is meant to be read, I'm always concerned that it will be taken out of context and some snowflake will melt or a moderator will remove it because they interpret my comments differently.

It's shame that we can no longer speak our mind for fear of delicate souls having a crisis.

"

I sometimes just don't bother commenting at all coz there are just so many delicate snowflakes about.

Mrs

I always try to be diplomatic in my posts. There are odd occasions when I could speak my mind but I don't want to be placed on the naughty step.

There are some sensitive souls on here who would report if people said 'boo' too loudly.

On the whole though I do say what I think but I try to get my points across without causing upset or conflict.

I back up all the time......

market harborough

"... type a post, or comment on another, and then after reading it back before posting, delete it? I do it quite a lot, as while I understand what I mean and the tone of which my comment is meant to be read, I'm always concerned that it will be taken out of context and some snowflake will melt or a moderator will remove it because they interpret my comments differently.

"

Never, but I never post without thinking first so I've already decided.

Mr.

I sometimes just don't bother commenting at all coz there are just so many delicate snowflakes about.

Mrs"

This.

However I’m the annoying person who can’t hold her mouth when she wants to say something.

I’m very direct and will state my opinions regardless of backlash, however there are so so many snowflakes who get offended just for the sake of being offended.

Fragile beings I call them!

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

I've deleted alot of times before I've hit the post button because when I read it back it didn't come across to me how I thought it should, possible re-writes and sometimes still can't get it to read correctly. I have also deleted posts after, as again it just didn't convey my thoughts in the right way.

I'm not however worried about getting a time out.

market harborough

Mrs

This.

However I’m the annoying person who can’t hold her mouth when she wants to say something.

I’m very direct and will state my opinions regardless of backlash, however there are so so many snowflakes who get offended just for the sake of being offended.

Fragile beings I call them!"

You can sit on the naughty step with me

By *igertigerCouple (MM)  over a year ago

London

I often do it....by the time I've finished the post I've concluded I don't give a xxxx after all.

By *irty-GentlemanMan  over a year ago

Norbreck-Blackpool

Just say what you wanna say.. You can always back-track your words if needs be,,, we're All guilty of speaking without thinking @ Times :*

By *irty-GentlemanMan  over a year ago

Norbreck-Blackpool

Just say what you wanna say.. You can always back-track your words if needs be,,, we're All guilty of speaking without thinking @ Times :*

» Add a new message to this topic