FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Profile Critique and Advice

Profile Critique and Advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi Folks,

I recently updated my profile text and images. Really spent quite some time and effort on it.

However, I wanted to ask whether you guys & gals felt it was too long? It has quite a bit of detail about what I'm looking for, the type of person I'd like to meet, what I can rind to the table, etc.

My profile is my display in a shop window. It's my advertisement space and therefore it needs to be enticing and make visitors want to continue reading.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I always up for a critique and taking in peoples throughts.

Much appreciated for your time.

Cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Photos are ok. The profile text is ok until you start putting what you don’t like.

I’d just put what you’re looking for and not bother explaining your preferences. If people want to know they’ll ask.

Just make it all a bit more concise.

By *qua vitaeWoman  over a year ago

Shropshire/South Yorkshire

"Photos are ok. The profile text is ok until you start putting what you don’t like.

I’d just put what you’re looking for and not bother explaining your preferences. If people want to know they’ll ask.

Just make it all a bit more concise.

"

This

It’s good to see a profile that’s more than just a line or two. The art of writing, is the ability to convey enough information into a concise fashion. Furthermore, where you state your body size preferences, I think it’s always best not to. Body shape is subjective and you could be potentially prevente some people off, if they feel they’re not for you.

Thanks to you both for taking the time to read my profile and suggesting changes.

I’ll definitely take these on board and make improvements.

I do also agree that writing is an art and it’s better when your information is concise.

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

I don’t like the bit that says unfit people can’t get into sexual positions. I’m not fit and have no trouble getting into many a position

Mrs

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

You have a nice selection of pics and it's great that you've thought about your bio, lots of guys don't, but it's way too long for me!

"You have a nice selection of pics and it's great that you've thought about your bio, lots of guys don't, but it's way too long for me! "

I was thinking the same, r.e. My original post. I am going to make it more concise. Any suggestions on which bits you’d take out?

By *aturewomanloverMan  over a year ago

staffs

No offence mate but way to long a profile. I havent time read it and i have zero messages right now, Cant imagine many women are goin have time with and inbox full of messages.

Id be vague with what your looking for. If you say you like red heads, everyone who isnt uses it as a reason not reply. You say 18-30, message a 32yo and they will come back with im to old for you, say you like slim, someone who thinks they are fat wont get back to you.

Ive said older as in i like older women not 18-25ish year olds, i message women around my age and they cone back with 'im not older'

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Skimmed through it and you have lots of info there, but too long for me to read. Maybe condense it a little

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I absolutely LOVED it!

It comes across as written by someone older than your age but it’s authentic and genuine. You’ve put thought into your branding, which is always a delight to see, and you appear to have taken the critique on board.

I’m now going to go sob into my cappuccino that I’m out your age range

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

I think it's a good profile. Different from most and an interesting read.

Mrs

"I absolutely LOVED it!

It comes across as written by someone older than your age but it’s authentic and genuine. You’ve put thought into your branding, which is always a delight to see, and you appear to have taken the critique on board.

I’m now going to go sob into my cappuccino that I’m out your age range "

Thanks for the compliments, Elcee

I do think that whether somebody likes your profile or not can be based on an individuals perspective and interests. Some people think it’s too long, and some think it’s just right.

I think I’m going to condense it down. It needs to be more concise. I normally write my profile to my hearts content and then distill it to the correct length.

Thanks for the feedback from everyone

By *ixfootinthecityMan  over a year ago

London

"I absolutely LOVED it!

High compliments from this one. I’ve just read your profile Cat and it may just be the best I’ve read yet.

By *ixfootinthecityMan  over a year ago

London

As for yours OP, I’m not your audience but I thought it was good. Well written, witty and an affable ‘voice’. But it is very long. Be your own editor and trim some of the fat if you can (I know mine is no shining beacon of brevity but it’s easier to critique others).

I think you could cut it by a third and not lose appeal. I’d hope its length wouldn’t make too many women think twice about messaging (I bet that’s not been said on Fab too often), but it might put some off getting to the end. And if you have key info and lines there you want them to read they might not get there.

Hope that helps!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi

Normally I’m put off by long profiles but I love yours. It explains what you want and is well written and also gives a good account of you. Like your pictures and feel you will do well.

Floppsy x

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

[Removed by poster at 14/09/18 11:33:32]

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

"I absolutely LOVED it!

Exactly what the gorgeous Elcee has said... I also loved the profile, specially the morse code reference.

But... I am too old for you. *weeps*

"I absolutely LOVED it!

I’m now going to go sob into my cappuccino that I’m out your age range

Exactly what the gorgeous Elcee has said... I also loved the profile, specially the morse code reference.

But... I am too old for you. *weeps* "

Thanks for the feedback

If somebody was to message me with secret code word, I’d be very impressed and give them a star for putting in the effort.

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

"No offence mate but way to long a profile. I havent time read it and i have zero messages right now, Cant imagine many women are goin have time with and inbox full of messages.

Id be vague with what your looking for. If you say you like red heads, everyone who isnt uses it as a reason not reply. You say 18-30, message a 32yo and they will come back with im to old for you, say you like slim, someone who thinks they are fat wont get back to you.

Ive said older as in i like older women not 18-25ish year olds, i message women around my age and they cone back with 'im not older' "

Lol, well I know which one I'd rather look at

By *apillonNoirWoman  over a year ago

There...

I quite liked it - a tad too long but that’s only my opinion. One thing I did pick up on was the number of times you used ‘I’... it got a bit predicable after a while but good luck and I hope you find what you’re looking for

"I quite liked it - a tad too long but that’s only my opinion. One thing I did pick up on was the number of times you used ‘I’... it got a bit predicable after a while but good luck and I hope you find what you’re looking for "

Feedback noted. This post is doing exactly what I intended it to do; give me a basis for distilling the information and make it a more interesting read.

» Add a new message to this topic