FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Stolen photos

Stolen photos

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iveshowcouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

We have reported another couple to admin after they stole one of our photos for their own profile.

Quite reasonably we have asked for an assurance that the stolen photo has been removed. As we are blocked by them we have no way to tell if admin have done anything or whether these people are still displaying our photo and claiming its theirs.

We have heard absolutely nothing from fab.

Is there anything else we can do to ensure this photo has been removed from this other profile?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Lea Marston

You won’t get an answer, they don’t give a response, too many things to deal with. Best bet is to ask someone to check for you.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’ve had this issue with someone stealing my photos from my old singles profile and making a profile as myself! Right height, age, the lot. Thankfully M had a singles profile and he logged in and reported the profile. It even had verifications. It was eventually removed. Fab don’t generally tell you if it has been removed. We now watermark all our photos with our username. You should try an app called Pixlr. It’s very good x

Could you pm someone you chat to and ask them to check on your behalf?

glasgow

We have been told that this is the exception to the rule. Where photos are stolen they will apparently confirm if they have been removed.

In this case the profile is currently hidden apparently. I wrote and called them out so they immediately blocked me and hid the profile.

Will it be opened up again next week with the stolen photo displayed again?

Who knows.

It is only fair for admin to let us know.

"We have been told that this is the exception to the rule. Where photos are stolen they will apparently confirm if they have been removed.

In this case the profile is currently hidden apparently. I wrote and called them out so they immediately blocked me and hid the profile.

Who knows.

It is only fair for admin to let us know."

I've had pictures stolen in the past. Admin never told me if they'd been removed. They just went off the person's profile.

Lea Marston

"We have been told that this is the exception to the rule. Where photos are stolen they will apparently confirm if they have been removed.

Who knows.

I've had pictures stolen in the past. Admin never told me if they'd been removed. They just went off the person's profile. "

Same here. He actually had it as his profile pic when he mailed me

glasgow

Why is it a problem for Admin to reassure us the photo has been removed?

Of course I would love to hear the person has been horribly executed but frankly i will simply be happy to know he is not using the photo any more.

In the meantime we are keeping all our photos private until we are sure that Fab will treat seriously its responsibilty on this type of thing.

Are we simply supposed to hope that someone in fab has actually read our complaint and acted?

Inscrutable silence is not good enough.

Who knows.

I've had pictures stolen in the past. Admin never told me if they'd been removed. They just went off the person's profile.

Same here. He actually had it as his profile pic when he mailed me "

What the hell??

"Why is it a problem for Admin to reassure us the photo has been removed?

Of course I would love to hear the person has been horribly executed but frankly i will simply be happy to know he is not using the photo any more.

In the meantime we are keeping all our photos private until we are sure that Fab will treat seriously its responsibilty on this type of thing.

Are we simply supposed to hope that someone in fab has actually read our complaint and acted?

Inscrutable silence is not good enough.

"

They have so many complaints to deal with, given the amount of users on the site, it's impossible to be able to reply to them all, unfortunately.

By *ngelina4uWoman  over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

so many fake/stolen/joke photos on profiles I do wonder if they are actual checked as it dosn't seen they are to me.

glasgow

"so many fake/stolen/joke photos on profiles I do wonder if they are actual checked as it dosn't seen they are to me. "

This is the problem. Are fab admin dealing with these types of issues in a sensible but firm way?

Who knows. Without any feedback whatsoever we tend to believe they have done nothing to protect us.

No wonder there is so much support for naming and shaming. In the absence of any admin feedback what other option is there

Last point here. When have you EVER heard fab admin thanked for their help.

Never.

Admin most certainly do act on all reports - but bear in mind they get thousands a day to deal with - so you need to be patient.

They investigate fully any issue and take appropriate action - they don't always need to contact the reporter but they do in select circumstances.

There are specific 'Thank you Admin' threads, on the Forum - though many folks simply show their appreciation on threads about their issue, once resolved.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I reported a profile a couple of days ago to Admin and within 30 minutes it had been removed. Thank you Admin. Well done.

glasgow

"I reported a profile a couple of days ago to Admin and within 30 minutes it had been removed. Thank you Admin. Well done. "

If I ever receive any positive reaction from fab I will be happy to post a positive response.

To date I can say that I am unaware of any response to my complaint. Positive or otherwise.

All we have asked for is reassurance that our stolen photo has been deleted.

As a paying customer surely that is not too much to ask.

Lea Marston

Who knows.

Same here. He actually had it as his profile pic when he mailed me

What the hell?? "

Guess he forgot where he stole it from! It was a pic featuring a regular meet

By *ackietv1TV/TS  over a year ago

caerphilly

A watermark can be removed in less time than it took to type this

You don't have to pay to use this site - you are not a customer per-se - you are a member of the site.

If you pay to be a Site Supporter - you are helping Admin to fund the cost of running this site.

glasgow

"You don't have to pay to use this site - you are not a customer per-se - you are a member of the site.

If you pay to be a Site Supporter - you are helping Admin to fund the cost of running this site.

"

My argument is that it is being run poorly. There is no excuse that justifies not acknowledging our complaint and not letting us know if our stolen photo has been removed from the other profile.

None.

Fab should rethink how it handles this type of thing as the current method is pleasing nobody.

glasgow

Our picture thieves are still on site and still posting photos.

So do I trust that Admin bothered with our complaint?

Hell no.

"A watermark can be removed in less time than it took to type this "

It will damage the pic though were the watermark was .thats why its best doing it in middle of the pic

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Let's say there are thousands of issues admin have to deal with each week.

Ignore the actual checking and resolution. But let's say a response take 20 seconds.

That would take someone 16 hours to just send back responses.

So it's not true that a response costs nothing, it's a part time job just to respond. That is assuming all issues are resolved. Let's say they can't prove it one way or another, (time wasting is always a tricky one to prove) a response will generate further contact from the complaintant.

A simpler method would be to have an auto response but that would require the site to have a complaints management system linked to the customer management system. Another expense and not always straight forward.

Alternatively the simplest solution is to say that all complaints will be investigated but do not expect a response. I can see why the latter is more straight forward.

Only upload photos you don't mind being anywhere, this is the Internet and pic collectors are running free. I keep my pics private.

glasgow

"Let's say there are thousands of issues admin have to deal with each week.

Ignore the actual checking and resolution. But let's say a response take 20 seconds.

That would take someone 16 hours to just send back responses.

So it's not true that a response costs nothing, it's a part time job just to respond. That is assuming all issues are resolved. Let's say they can't prove it one way or another, (time wasting is always a tricky one to prove) a response will generate further contact from the complaintant.

A simpler method would be to have an auto response but that would require the site to have a complaints management system linked to the customer management system. Another expense and not always straight forward.

Alternatively the simplest solution is to say that all complaints will be investigated but do not expect a response. I can see why the latter is more straight forward.

"

I simply dont care for the excuses. The current system for dealing with complaints is not fit for purpose.

And that is not just us expressing an isolated opinion. The site is awash with dissatifaction for the way that Admin handles complaints

Otherwise why are there so many blatant examples of naming and shaming taking place?

We are still unable to establish if Admin have done anything to remove our stolen photo from another members profile. That failure by Admin is simply inexcusable.

If a system needs to be introduced to improve this aspect of the sites operation then it should be given serious consideration. Any extra costs involved would be minimal when spread across the entire membership.

The costs of continuing the current system is already being felt as members leave the site disgusted after having complaints seemingly ignored. Have Fab ever even tried to quantify that?

I received a message from a guy who’s profile picture was mine, I reported it and his account disappeared.

Who knows.

I've had pictures stolen in the past. Admin never told me if they'd been removed. They just went off the person's profile. "

I have had pictures stolen too I mean he showed one of my face pics as his profile pic I've always wondered if that got him success

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

What you have been given aren't "excuses" OP but valid "reasons" why it may not be practical to respond to each and every complaint received.

I appreciate it's frustrating but you do have a simple means of checking if the pics in question have been removed (at least from public display).

This is ultimately a free site (no-one *has* to take up the paid membership option) that is largely run by volunteers who give up their time freely - as someone else pointed out the time to check out and respond to all complaints would equate to a full time job, which even at minimum wage standards would mean a significant cost.

That money would have to come from somewhere and that would either mean increasing the membership cost dramatically (which would potentially see a drop in membership) or introduce paid advertising on the site (which given the nature of the site would be limited and also probably would frustrate some members).

The current minimal cost of site supporter membership (which I repeat is optional for all) goes towards running the site and paying for the servers etc that underpin it.

Like I said I know how frustrating it is not to get a response (there's a profile currently all of whom's pics are "borrowed" from the web that I have reported a number of times without action so far) and I'd be interested to know why, but accept that it's not possible.

Given the resources available I think the site is fairly well run - yes it could be better but at what cost?

I'd suggest you continue to have someone check this other profile and if your pics are still there re-report and continue to do so until they are removed

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I had several of my pics 'borrowed' when I first joined.

I've been adding a watermark to them since.

No idea if anyone's used them since, but certainly couldn't on here, without people realising they'd been stolen off another account x

"I had several of my pics 'borrowed' when I first joined.

I've been adding a watermark to them since.

No idea if anyone's used them since, but certainly couldn't on here, without people realising they'd been stolen off another account x"

I scrubbed and scrubbed but couldn’t get that watermark off but have noticed I'm getting a lot more interest

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

We had a similar situation a good few years ago i.e., somebody had stolen a couple of pictures for a fake profile. We reported it and the profile was removed quite quickly.

By *ightboy69Man  over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 21/09/18 13:55:04]

By *ightboy69Man  over a year ago

Torquay

It's completely wrong that Admin have not contacted you but I'm afraid it's like so many other things on here they tend to please themselves and do what they want

Happened to me and reported it nothing. In the end I bombarded the person who had done this and eventually she took it down.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

To the OP,Admin have contacted you on the 18th saying they are looking into your complaint. Once verified they will send you another mail to say so.

Can people remember that every report is read and dealt with if needed, normally you won't hear anything back but in the case of nicked pics you should get a mail saying they are looking into it then one when it is resolved. These things take time so please be patient