FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Body image

Body image

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *igboobies42 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Essex

Recently I have lost a fair bit of weight and feel much better for it. Had Lots of compliments about how I look great etc BUT my personal body image is rock bottom. Feel less confident than ever. What is wrong with me. Thought I’d be out swinging with my new found confidence. Stupid brain. Someone please slap me x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Would message but I'm just outside your age range

I get this. I’ve also lost weight and I feel down on myself too. I was more confident when I was bigger. I thought I would feel much better about myself after some weight loss, but for some reason, I just don’t

Take some more up to date pics put them on here and see the compliments fly in.

Will boost your ego

Ps..Well done on the weight loss

I’m the same, I’ve lost 3 stone since we first came to the scene and put a fair bit of size on in muscle but don’t see what others see.

It still messes with my head now in regards confidence and even effects play as my self body image is rubbish.

No matter what I do I’ll always be the fat guy in my head so your not alone at all.

Mr x

You've done wonderfully well to get to where you are. I understand how you feel, I'm stocky and always have been despite being pretty fit. When I was younger it bothered me, now I accept it, and it's never been an issue on fab.

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

Congratulations on achieving your target. I have yet to do anything about my weight so am impressed by willpower shown. Take time out to celebrate your success and then focus on something completely different to aim at

Firstly, massive congratulations for losing the weight! You put in the hard work and that's something to be proud of.

Unfortunately though, many people think that losing weight will just magically fix all their problems and life will suddenly be all rainbows and sunshine, largely due to the generic weight loss success stories that go a little like this "before I was always the fat friend, unconfident, hated the way I looked in photos blah blah blah... Now I'm skinny I'm actually worth something!".

The truth is that confidence is not a number on a scale, it's a feeling. You can weigh a lot and be super confident and likewise you can weigh a little and not be confident at all. It all stems from your relationship with yourself and how you tend to treat yourself. If you only ever focus on the bits you don't like and put yourself down then it makes sense that your self confidence will be low. The next time you think something about yourself, stop and wonder whether it's something you would say to a friend. If it's not, then you should focus on improving the way you view yourself and accepting your body at whichever stage it's at - EVERYBODY deserves to feel good about themselves.

By *igboobies42 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Essex

Wow you guys really get it. Was never very confident with my body (but thought some weight loss would be a bonus). Maybe I just need to get used to the new me. Still a couple of stone to lose but might wait for my brain to catch up hahaha

Thank you all x x

I used to weight 24 stone. Lost it and had terrible skin issues which have finally been fixed. But my head was fucked with it for two years

Well done on losing weight xx

Completely with you here. Lost weight but can't shake the body image problem!!

» Add a new message to this topic