Looks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm clearly judged on how I look

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I'm clearly judged on how I look "

let me let you into a little secret.... its not just looks....

okay... so let me expand on this... looks are just part of it, its a combination of a lot of things... your profile, your persona, whether its looks as if you have made an effort... ect ect ect....

so lets use your pics and then combine them with your profile....

your profile is your shop window to the world... a chance for you to tell people why people should pick you over all the other countless people out there....

so let me ask you this simple question...

"as it is at the moment, would you answer your own profile?"......

really?? honestly???

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

try smiling in a pic...

good luck

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"try smiling in a pic...

good luck "

Do love you _iew xx yes a smile would help so much. x

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"try smiling in a pic...

good luck Do love you _iew xx yes a smile would help so much. x "

Have to agree what is it with guys who look like they are about to be executed on face pix try a nice smiling face and see what happens lol

3 weeks and no veris, so presumably no meets, I'm afraid you could have a while to go yet before hitting the panic button!

First thing though, you seriously need to sort your profile! As has been said, a wee smile would help, and ever heard of punctuation?

Sorry, but just trying to help!

Few of us can claim to be supermodels, we work with what we have. However, I personally find those that highlight their "flaws" off putting.

Your thread is longer than your profile. Ok, you're not George Clooney, it means you have to make a bit more effort...you haven't.

If you did you may be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"try smiling in a pic...

good luck "

smiling helps...but i have said this before and will say it again....i met the sexiest man on here,was begging to meet him,before i even saw a face pic.

i think he is gorgeous.He will claim he is not conventionally handsome...doesnt matter,his personality is what makes him so dammed attractive.

Oh and when i did see a face pic, he was smiling

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Doesnt everyone????

theres nothing wrong with your pics , I agree with sassymiss tho ... dont highlight your flaws on your profile , I have met some very goodlooking people who were dull as dishwater , give me personality any day . good luck x

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

So is everyone as part of their entire package of course. How many guys who say looks shouldn't matter mail certain women because they like how they look?

Everyone is judged on their looks initially so you are nothing unusual.

I find it offputting when people beg, ie, please give me a chance', come on people aren't on here to play the good samaritan and pleasure guys that aren't getting none, its a mutual attraction thing.

And the comments like 'its the person inside that counts' well ok if that is true let's have an insight into the person inside with a strong profile highlighting your good points rather than constantly going on about your bad.

"Everyone is judged on their looks initially so you are nothing unusual.

I find it offputting when people beg, ie, please give me a chance', come on people aren't on here to play the good samaritan and pleasure guys that aren't getting none, its a mutual attraction thing.

And the comments like 'its the person inside that counts' well ok if that is true let's have an insight into the person inside with a strong profile highlighting your good points rather than constantly going on about your bad. "

I couldn't have put it better myself...

everyone on here is judged by looks, i bet even you do it, if a woman sent you a pic and she just really was not your type would you arrange a meet with her?

A wise man once told me

" you cant wank at the thought of a good personality "

And the comments like 'its the person inside that counts' well ok if that is true let's have an insight into the person inside with a strong profile highlighting your good points rather than constantly going on about your bad.

I couldn't have put it better myself..."

+1

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

I couldn't have put it better myself... +1"

+1

I always say that if your not an oil painting then get yourself to clubs and socials.

You have a much better chance of getting your personality, wit, humour, emotion etc across in 2 mins of chatting to someone at a bar than you ever have in a profile... Why do you think we do it!

There is much more to being attractive/sexy than looks, unfortunately your profile is just black and white, which a side order of grey and about as three dimensional as a piece of A4.

Not having a go just saying, positively, there is a lot more yet you can do.

Good luck

D&K

people always say personality is more important but i doubt very much anyone would bother getting to know someone personality if they didnt like their pic

I know i dont, im not here for a relationship, i dont have to have loads in common or sit and have a conversation to have sex with someone, im going to spend more time looking at them than talking to them

i know that sounds bad but at the end of teh day its true, 99.9% of my meets are one offs, i meet them, have sex with them if we both like each other, and go home, never to see them again so for meet personality does not matter that much so long as i like them enough to have one session with them thats all that matters

Tom, I think the biggest barrier to how you look is you, your profile starts and ends in saying don't judge me by the way I look etc.

If I tell you the meal in front of you is crap, you'll think of it as crap from the get go and probably not even taste it, if I say nothing, or present the meal more pleasantly, then you can decide whether to taste a bit and make your own mind up. (If that works and an analogy)

Get some more relaxed natural pics, pref with the odd smile (apparently a smile makes you 7x more attractive) and describe yourself, what you like, what you're looking for etc. in a positive way.

Using my food analogy, you may be the best tasting meal ever, but if you slop it on the plate and tell everyone it looks awful, nobody is going to eat it (or put bits of you in their mouth for that matter )

Hope this helps - Good Luck

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Aren't we all on here....

Physical attraction plays a big part for us as I'm sure it does for a lot of others.

You will never be to everyones taste, nobody is. But there is someone for everyone on here...Good Luck x

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

"people always say personality is more important but i doubt very much anyone would bother getting to know someone personality if they didnt like their pic

I know i dont, im not here for a relationship, i dont have to have loads in common or sit and have a conversation to have sex with someone, im going to spend more time looking at them than talking to them

i know that sounds bad but at the end of teh day its true, 99.9% of my meets are one offs, i meet them, have sex with them if we both like each other, and go home, never to see them again so for meet personality does not matter that much so long as i like them enough to have one session with them thats all that matters "

I agree - we're not looking for friends or any kind of emotional supplements, and pretty much all our meets are 1 offs too.

I agree on here you can only really go on what's being shown, and it's something ivecsaid before that we've ended up playing with people - and loved it, that we wouldn't have looked twice at on here, simply because face to face we realised we clicked if that makes sense?

Just trying to say that people should play to their strengths, if that's their personality, then a profile is a hard way to get it all across.

Nice profile btw;-)

D&K

"try smiling in a pic...

"

but not if you've got rotten teeth

thankfully I'm stunning........................my testicles with a cattleprod

The photo however is not the most flattering, a smile would help

"I'm clearly judged on how I look

Aren't we all on here....

Physical attraction plays a big part for us as I'm sure it does for a lot of others.

You will never be to everyones taste, nobody is. But there is someone for everyone on here...Good Luck x

"

that is so true well put.xx

Think we all are to a degree x

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Tom, I think the biggest barrier to how you look is you, your profile starts and ends in saying don't judge me by the way I look etc.

If I tell you the meal in front of you is crap, you'll think of it as crap from the get go and probably not even taste it, if I say nothing, or present the meal more pleasantly, then you can decide whether to taste a bit and make your own mind up. (If that works and an analogy)

Get some more relaxed natural pics, pref with the odd smile (apparently a smile makes you 7x more attractive) and describe yourself, what you like, what you're looking for etc. in a positive way.

Using my food analogy, you may be the best tasting meal ever, but if you slop it on the plate and tell everyone it looks awful, nobody is going to eat it (or put bits of you in their mouth for that matter )

Hope this helps - Good Luck"

+1 Tom - look at this guy's profile and a few of the other regular contributors on the forums and pad yours out a bit - I'm always put off by a negative and/or short profile, but if a comment in a profile makes me smile or (better still) LOL then that person or persons will (at the very least) get a response to a message - good luck!

By *TUNNAWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

looks matter...im shallow

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

And your point is? Why start this thread? What do you want people to say? You know you arent george clooney but you don't up your good points. Are there any as there doesn't appear to be from your 'profile'. Z

By *esmond70Man  over a year ago

tavistock

dont worry my looks put everyone of lol

By *irtyleedsladMan  over a year ago

leeds

"A wise man once told me

" you cant wank at the thought of a good personality "

"

That's genius!!

Well a week has passed, comments made, advice given, and...........?

Not a lot seems to have changed, well there has been actually, a negative status message!!

Lucky white heather?

Look dude,I look like i've been dead for 300 yrs then dug up!

I'm getting a few meets now n again.

Chin up dude!

i think it is true that some cpls and females do judge you on pics even if they not the best looking either but I guess it will always be hard for the genuine guys on here though. Just because I have a shaved head it doesnt make me a hooligan or a thug as have been called on here.

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

"try smiling in a pic...

good luck "

i look demented when i smile but do agree in regards to to poster x

"try smiling in a pic...

good luck "

He may think he's more Handsome when he doesn't smile?

By *azzaahhWoman  over a year ago

north wales / chester

feeling a bit of deja vue here

First and foremost for me is someone being on the same level as me with a sense of humour, looks are very often low down on my list of priorities x

we all are

"i think it is true that some cpls and females do judge you on pics even if they not the best looking either but I guess it will always be hard for the genuine guys on here though. Just because I have a shaved head it doesnt make me a hooligan or a thug as have been called on here."

'Mr' of this couple is shaved and has no problems. I guess you are concentrating on 'excuses' others give you.

Focus on the positive things in life!

"i think it is true that some cpls and females do judge you on pics even if they not the best looking either but I guess it will always be hard for the genuine guys on here though. Just because I have a shaved head it doesnt make me a hooligan or a thug as have been called on here.

'Mr' of this couple is shaved and has no problems. I guess you are concentrating on 'excuses' others give you.

Focus on the positive things in life!"

Agree...I love the shaved "thug" look. I met one guy because he looked like Ross Kemp. Mad as a march hare mind and more clingy than my support stockings.

I think for some people it's easier blaming others rather than to take an honest look at themselves.

» Add a new message to this topic