FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Blocked.

Blocked.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

how do you know if someone has blocked you? Does it say this person has blocked you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

I does when you try and message them

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What does it say OP?

You only know when you click on their profile. It comes up with a message saying you are blocked. And a few other bits.

Ps blocking isn't personal it can help with people thining out their searches to people they have an interest in, if they block the ones they don't

I forgot about the screen you get if you try to message them !

"

Ps blocking isn't personal it can help with people thining out their searches to people they have an interest in, if they block the ones they don't "

Exactly this. We use it for people who are not what we’re looking for. Saves them messaging again in a couple of weeks thinking we’ve changed our minds/they’ve forgotten then we’ve already turned them down

[Removed by poster at 25/10/18 14:02:23]

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"how do you know if someone has blocked you? Does it say this person has blocked you?"

When you try to view their profile it will say something like "you are unable to view this profile because you have blocked the user, they have blocked you or admin has suspended them"

You don't get any personal notification.

"You only know when you click on their profile. It comes up with a message saying you are blocked. And a few other bits.

Ps blocking isn't personal it can help with people thining out their searches to people they have an interest in, if they block the ones they don't "

This. 90 %of mine are simply those who haven't replied back to a message thus demonstrating they are not interested. It then stops uninterested parties appearing in updates too.

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

"You only know when you click on their profile. It comes up with a message saying you are blocked. And a few other bits.

Ps blocking isn't personal it can help with people thining out their searches to people they have an interest in, if they block the ones they don't

This. 90 %of mine are simply those who haven't replied back to a message thus demonstrating they are not interested. It then stops uninterested parties appearing in updates too."

"What does it say OP? "

“Profile not available. This person has hidden their profile.”

Wasn’t sure if this was the same thing.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What does it say OP?

Wasn’t sure if this was the same thing. "

No it isn't. It means that for whatever reason they don't want anyone to view their profile for the time being

"What does it say OP?

Wasn’t sure if this was the same thing.

No it isn't. It means that for whatever reason they don't want anyone to view their profile for the time being"

Thank you sweetie. X

"

That's how we use it as well.

It be nice if fab admin would help in this particular area as blocking can be seem as rude but there's no alternatives offered. Would be good to maybe have a colour indicator that one can place against a profile instead like a red X if they've displayed that they are not interested or a green tick if they responded but maybe fell off the chatting. One could easily identify profiles say a month later. Also if for some reason they changed their mind as maybe their preferences changed etc you'd still be viewed by them.

But till admin help more and more people will use the block as a general filter and more and more of the site will become blocked from others.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"how do you know if someone has blocked you? Does it say this person has blocked you?

When you try to view their profile it will say something like "you are unable to view this profile because you have blocked the user, they have blocked you or admin has suspended them"

You don't get any personal notification."

although mine always says “plus you’re a twat, Steve” so I’m not sure exactly what is going there because (obviously) I’m not (a twat) but have been (blocked).

By *illen5Man  over a year ago

Bath

"how do you know if someone has blocked you? Does it say this person has blocked you?"

I just blocked you, filthy boy . take a look at mine.

Bath

Cant see any point looking at profiles of no interest to me and me them.

Block them all.

We only block people we have no interest in, it saves them wasting their own time.

"We only block people we have no interest in, it saves them wasting their own time."

I do the same thing as in if they are looking for BBC I just block because I'm white

"It be nice if fab admin would help in this particular area as blocking can be seem as rude but there's no alternatives offered. Would be good to maybe have a colour indicator that one can place against a profile instead like a red X if they've displayed that they are not interested or a green tick if they responded but maybe fell off the chatting. One could easily identify profiles say a month later. Also if for some reason they changed their mind as maybe their preferences changed etc you'd still be viewed by them.

But till admin help more and more people will use the block as a general filter and more and more of the site will become blocked from others."

Become a site supporter and you get the option to make private notes on profiles...you could note that someone didn't respond/said no/was rude etc

Nice photos btw

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"how do you know if someone has blocked you? Does it say this person has blocked you?

You don't get any personal notification. although mine always says “plus you’re a twat, Steve” so I’m not sure exactly what is going there because (obviously) I’m not (a twat) but have been (blocked). "

Oh, the software must be playing up, you're not supposed to be able to see that

Bath

"We only block people we have no interest in, it saves them wasting their own time.

I do the same thing as in if they are looking for BBC I just block because I'm white "

yep me too.

Bath

"It be nice if fab admin would help in this particular area as blocking can be seem as rude but there's no alternatives offered. Would be good to maybe have a colour indicator that one can place against a profile instead like a red X if they've displayed that they are not interested or a green tick if they responded but maybe fell off the chatting. One could easily identify profiles say a month later. Also if for some reason they changed their mind as maybe their preferences changed etc you'd still be viewed by them.

But till admin help more and more people will use the block as a general filter and more and more of the site will become blocked from others."

I've never found anyone who thinks blocking is rude. Who are these people? They obviously haven't thought it through.

An exception might be Rant and block which some men do following rejection. Grow up.

Bath

I've never found anyone who thinks blocking is rude. Who are these people? They obviously haven't thought it through.

An exception might be Rant and block which some men do following rejection. Grow up.

But till admin help more and more people will use the block as a general filter and more and more of the site will become blocked from others.

Become a site supporter and you get the option to make private notes on profiles...you could note that someone didn't respond/said no/was rude etc

Nice photos btw "

Thank you for the nice comment.

I've been a site supporter as you may notice from the number of photos I have and have been for a few years but recently haven't seen the need to renew for ages now. I used to use notes for those I put in 'hot' list which was for me more a 'watch' list. I wouldn't see the need for notes for those who are not compatable nor for those who don't show an interest in replying to a message. I wouldn't be one to return to view my block lists to read notes as to why I blocked. Over 200 counted while with a fabber one weekend. They're blocked because they're not interested. Maybe others have much more time to parouse their block lists, but fab is but a small aspect of my life. Only met 1 new person to play with in 9 months, I do meet weekly with different fab friends I've made over the years. Today I was to meet another whom Ive been chatteing with for months but life got in the way yesterday and those plans changed.

A few additional folders to place diferent profiles in for different reasons would be a very useful request and simple to do too. An example would be when arranging a group social or grouping profiles together who are into bdsm or any other particular interest. Would save alot of time when returning to look and chat. Could even consider having a closed group chat for socials etc instead of migrating to kik which everyone does atm.

» Add a new message to this topic