FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Tips for meeting and chatting to people

Tips for meeting and chatting to people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi guys,

Im new to this site and I'm really struggling to chat or make contact with anyone.

Any tips, as I do not want to upset or offend anyone with my messages

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nobody wants to talk to a dick eh?

"Nobody wants to talk to a dick eh? "

That's a good point, didn't think of that

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Many couples and women look at a profile before they answer a message. Maybe therein lies your problem.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

No one wants to talk to a shadow

"Many couples and women look at a profile before they answer a message. Maybe therein lies your problem."

What do you recommend, as I didn't think what I've written was bad

"No one wants to talk to a shadow "

Just remove my dick pic, but I like to remain a little discreet

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"Many couples and women look at a profile before they answer a message. Maybe therein lies your problem.

What do you recommend, as I didn't think what I've written was bad"

Seriously? You crack on then. Your profile needs to reflect you. If it does that leave it be.

"Many couples and women look at a profile before they answer a message. Maybe therein lies your problem.

Seriously? You crack on then. Your profile needs to reflect you. If it does that leave it be."

This is why I am asking for advice, I'm seriously new to this and I don't want to come across a douche, so if have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated, especially from a ladies point of view

"No one wants to talk to a shadow

Just remove my dick pic, but I like to remain a little discreet "

There is a whole body to show off, not just your cock or face... Well... I assume there is?!

What do you recommend, as I didn't think what I've written was bad"

Did you think it was very, very bad?

By *ifuwMan  over a year ago

Hull

I always try and set myself aside and offer something different. But what I found works for me is going to clubs, socials or events and getting to see the people in the area. Showing them that your not just a profile. They will see your charm, personna ,how you interact with other people. Then when you get verifications messages start to come through. They are too many people with fake profiles on here and they try and them out.

I went to a club last night and got a few verifications and I've had 6 people message me today and 27 views. If you just do the site along I promise it will be a hard and long journey. I hope this helps

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Photos: a variety of teasing shots, doesn't have to be your face, less is more with cock (not your profile picture).

Text: what kind of person are you, what are you looking for, what do you have to offer? Without sounding arrogant, what makes you special or different? Keep your tone positive.

In a message, what do you like about the profile, what do you have in common, what do you have to offer?

Did you think it was very, very bad?"

I've just amended what I've put, as it possibly needed a tweak

"I always try and set myself aside and offer something different. But what I found works for me is going to clubs, socials or events and getting to see the people in the area. Showing them that your not just a profile. They will see your charm, personna ,how you interact with other people. Then when you get verifications messages start to come through. They are too many people with fake profiles on here and they try and them out.

I went to a club last night and got a few verifications and I've had 6 people message me today and 27 views. If you just do the site along I promise it will be a hard and long journey. I hope this helps "

It does buddy, thank you

"Photos: a variety of teasing shots, doesn't have to be your face, less is more with cock (not your profile picture).

Text: what kind of person are you, what are you looking for, what do you have to offer? Without sounding arrogant, what makes you special or different? Keep your tone positive.

In a message, what do you like about the profile, what do you have in common, what do you have to offer? "

Thank you for your comment. I definitely think I have to be a bit more creative with my messaging.

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

Seriously? You crack on then. Your profile needs to reflect you. If it does that leave it be.

This is why I am asking for advice, I'm seriously new to this and I don't want to come across a douche, so if have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated, especially from a ladies point of view"

A variety of pictures needed, no cock pics, but have one in private, tell people about you and what makes you someone worth meeting, attend socials and clubs (never just rely on here). Keep respectful and positive, if it starts to be a chore leave or hide your profile. If you don't get replies or you get a thanks but no thanks remain respectful. That person may know the perfect meet for you.

Good luck.

This is why I am asking for advice, I'm seriously new to this and I don't want to come across a douche, so if have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated, especially from a ladies point of view

A variety of pictures needed, no cock pics, but have one in private, tell people about you and what makes you someone worth meeting, attend socials and clubs (never just rely on here). Keep respectful and positive, if it starts to be a chore leave or hide your profile. If you don't get replies or you get a thanks but no thanks remain respectful. That person may know the perfect meet for you.

Good luck."

Thank you for the advice, greatly appreciated

[Removed by poster at 11/11/18 18:44:33]

It comes across as you’re married which will put a lot of women off

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Photos: a variety of teasing shots, doesn't have to be your face, less is more with cock (not your profile picture).

In a message, what do you like about the profile, what do you have in common, what do you have to offer? "

This.

Did you think it was very, very bad?

I've just amended what I've put, as it possibly needed a tweak "

"Possibly needed a tweak" is brilliant, thank you!

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Would you really meet people in their 90s ?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Perhaps you could give us an example of a message you would normally send?

Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

By *hamboy69Man  over a year ago

huddersfield

"I always try and set myself aside and offer something different. But what I found works for me is going to clubs, socials or events and getting to see the people in the area. Showing them that your not just a profile. They will see your charm, personna ,how you interact with other people. Then when you get verifications messages start to come through. They are too many people with fake profiles on here and they try and them out.

I went to a club last night and got a few verifications and I've had 6 people message me today and 27 views. If you just do the site along I promise it will be a hard and long journey. I hope this helps "

Op exactly this you’ll find the more effort you put into the above the more fun you’ll have

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love.."

I've amended it again, please let me know if it's any better

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

I've amended it again, please let me know if it's any better "

I don't think you did get my point...nevermind.

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

I don't think you did get my point...nevermind."

No, he definitely didn’t!

And OP, why the multiple question marks at the end of sentences that aren’t questions?

Profile definitely needs some work - do some research, have a look at how successful profiles are worded.

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

And OP, why the multiple question marks at the end of sentences that aren’t questions?

Profile definitely needs some work - do some research, have a look at how successful profiles are worded. "

He may be trying to use emojis but his phone or fab profile don't support it.

OP, also that profile header is a put off. Especially with exclamation mark.

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

Profile definitely needs some work - do some research, have a look at how successful profiles are worded.

OP, also that profile header is a put off. Especially with exclamation mark."

Yes, if I was marking it I would give it a 4 out of 10 and say there is lots of room for improvement

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

Yes, if I was marking it I would give it a 4 out of 10 and say there is lots of room for improvement "

All I can say is good luck as he is gonna need it

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

To be fair mate, you're not new on the club scene, and from your verifications you don't always visit as a single guy? It's a very different experience visiting a club as a single guy, when you know nobody in there.

OP; the block button is your friend! Set your search options for the people you are looking to meet, then block every profile either you don't match, or they don't fit what you seek. By doing this, you separate the wheat from the chaff, so then you concentrate on a far narrower field of potential meets. I've been in here for 7 years now, never been to a social, and only started visiting clubs last year

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

Yes, if I was marking it I would give it a 4 out of 10 and say there is lots of room for improvement "

4 out of 10, that's a bit harsh, I was hoping for a least 4.5

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

Yes, if I was marking it I would give it a 4 out of 10 and say there is lots of room for improvement

All I can say is good luck as he is gonna need it "

Don't worry about it, Im not your type anyway

Cheers buddy

"Hi guys,

Im new to this site and I'm really struggling to chat or make contact with anyone.

Any tips, as I do not want to upset or offend anyone with my messages"

keep it clean and polite read profiles and use info in them add some humour and send good body and face pics

"Hi guys,

Any tips, as I do not want to upset or offend anyone with my messageskeep it clean and polite read profiles and use info in them add some humour and send good body and face pics "

Cheers buddy, much appreciated

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

You need to put far more work in if this is the amended version.

Your first line is irrelevant to people here. Hundreds join every day.

Your second line tells people that you are exactly the same as everyone else - everyone is offering a good laugh and a good time, because no-one is looking to meet someone offering a miserable bad time.

Your third line is asking people to look at your profile, which they are already doing, and to say hello to you, which you already know isn’t happening.

So you are expecting your pictures to do all the work of explaining what sort of a person you are, and convincing someone that you are a person they’d like to meet. Don’t you think that might be a big ask?

By *axxonBlackMan  over a year ago

north

Hi man

I think you have amended quite well but your last statement; if you looking for females on here they are most likely to reply you if you do message, don't expect them to message you at first. Women here are literally 20% compare to the men on fab and they get tons of messages, trust me.

Lastly, no one liners message

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

Don't worry about it, Im not your type anyway"

You asked for some tips so I answered. This is not about being my type. I tried to help.

I think some people need to preview there message before they send it...the guy is asking for help and some of the replies he gets are helpful but the tone of the others being sarcastic and snotty just no need really.

You can advise someone without coming across as not a very nice person unless your not a nice person anyway and that's the way you are.

"I think some people need to preview there message before they send it...the guy is asking for help and some of the replies he gets are helpful but the tone of the others being sarcastic and snotty just no need really.

You can advise someone without coming across as not a very nice person unless your not a nice person anyway and that's the way you are.

"

Cheers buddy, a lot of people have been really helpful and others have been a little rude. I'd never rate a profile on a forum for everyone to see, but I guess that's just me

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

You asked for some tips so I answered. This is not about being my type. I tried to help."

Rating my profile is a bit shitty, seems like you and the other lady were just having a laugh. Luckily that have been some really helpful people that have messaged me

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Apologies from us, thought you were looking for profile advice from the thread. If that’s not the case, please ignore our comments.

By *axxonBlackMan  over a year ago

north

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

You asked for some tips so I answered. This is not about being my type. I tried to help.

Rating my profile is a bit shitty, seems like you and the other lady were just having a laugh. Luckily that have been some really helpful people that have messaged me"

I can imagine, ignore them. You will def come across so many weirdos here and women who think they are celebrities cos they get messages everytime so just be yourself and hope I was of help too.

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

Rating my profile is a bit shitty, seems like you and the other lady were just having a laugh. Luckily that have been some really helpful people that have messaged me"

I didn't rate your profile. I gave a few tips and wished you a good luck. Perhaps you should read the individual posts before you comment to a whole thread.. Anyway my job here is done as I can see my help isn't appreciated.

"Apologies from us, thought you were looking for profile advice from the thread. If that’s not the case, please ignore our comments."

Your response was fine

huddersfield

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

huddersfield

"Your profile, OP:

I am..

I am..

I am..

I am..

I love..

And your experience of this site is what exactly ???

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"No one wants to talk to a shadow "

Or blue skies in winter.

Two sentences is no good unless your target audience is men....

How does a lady or couple know they will have a laugh or a good time with you....they do not know anything about you.

What you consider a good time could be a ladies idea of hell....

So its pointless making those statements without some context.

Unfortunately men have to work harder than everyone else on here because of how many of you there are.

Do not believe the hype about veri's, not everyone insists on them....I have no interest in them, but then I only meet in swingers clubs so no need to worry about any safety issues and if they don't turn up there are plenty of other people there.

Write about how you would go about meeting someone. That is more important. It states on my profile that I will only meet at two clubs yet men message me saying they want to meet but do not mention the clubs so I message back to ask and they are like "no not in a club somewhere else".... Don't be a dickhead like those men, be clear about what you are suggesting.

Most importantly read the profile of the person you are going to message and if you do not meet their requirements do not contact them....it will be a waste of your valuable time as they are here to find what they are looking for.....and not to provide you with what you want.

You will need a lot of patience.....oh and when you do get fruststed, which you will, do not post negative statuses..... It's a complete turn off

Good luck

Hi lovely. You could try writing a little more about yourself. Your profile is the first port of call. A lot of women will look at a profile, first and foremost, to see if you are the type they'd go for. A little humour to make it seem friendly and approachable is always good.

Keep your messages polite and make sure that the ladies/couples in question are aware you have read their profile. You will cater to some and not to others. Above all, please don't get disheartened. It can take some time to establish yourself on fab. Remember that there are far more men than women on here, so don't allow the no replies to dent your ego/confidence. Look for socials in your area, you can meet some great people there and you may connect with some there. I know a few who started out like that and ended up having some great meets as a result

Good luck OP

"Hi guys,

Any tips, as I do not want to upset or offend anyone with my messageskeep it clean and polite read profiles and use info in them add some humour and send good body and face pics "

This is spot on

By *ex-a-frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Brizzle

You as a single male as others have said need to stand out from the crowd, you’re up against some very STIFF competition.

There are gazillions of advice threads on here, you could look at them, you could also look at similar profiles of successful males & you’ll realise it’s mit just about looks or having a big tool that gets you success.

Lastly are you cheating, you say you can’t accommodate & don’t give a reason people will automatically assume you are?

By *arnsley guy100Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Don't look into it to much and spend your time talking to people in the real world..

"Hi lovely. You could try writing a little more about yourself. Your profile is the first port of call. A lot of women will look at a profile, first and foremost, to see if you are the type they'd go for. A little humour to make it seem friendly and approachable is always good.

Keep your messages polite and make sure that the ladies/couples in question are aware you have read their profile. You will cater to some and not to others. Above all, please don't get disheartened. It can take some time to establish yourself on fab. Remember that there are far more men than women on here, so don't allow the no replies to dent your ego/confidence. Look for socials in your area, you can meet some great people there and you may connect with some there. I know a few who started out like that and ended up having some great meets as a result

Good luck OP "

Great advice and wrote in a very nice and positive way with no sarcasm and snootyness. ..well done xx

Be polite, on socials with a couple, engaging with both of them is respectful,be a gentleman, and respect,regection, you won't be everyone's cup of tea.

"Hi lovely. You could try writing a little more about yourself. Your profile is the first port of call. A lot of women will look at a profile, first and foremost, to see if you are the type they'd go for. A little humour to make it seem friendly and approachable is always good.

Good luck OP "

Thank you for the advice, really appreciate it and will definitely look at improving my profile and will definitely try to stay positive x

"Two sentences is no good unless your target audience is men....

How does a lady or couple know they will have a laugh or a good time with you....they do not know anything about you.

What you consider a good time could be a ladies idea of hell....

So its pointless making those statements without some context.

Unfortunately men have to work harder than everyone else on here because of how many of you there are.

Do not believe the hype about veri's, not everyone insists on them....I have no interest in them, but then I only meet in swingers clubs so no need to worry about any safety issues and if they don't turn up there are plenty of other people there.

Write about how you would go about meeting someone. That is more important. It states on my profile that I will only meet at two clubs yet men message me saying they want to meet but do not mention the clubs so I message back to ask and they are like "no not in a club somewhere else".... Don't be a dickhead like those men, be clear about what you are suggesting.

Most importantly read the profile of the person you are going to message and if you do not meet their requirements do not contact them....it will be a waste of your valuable time as they are here to find what they are looking for.....and not to provide you with what you want.

You will need a lot of patience.....oh and when you do get fruststed, which you will, do not post negative statuses..... It's a complete turn off

Good luck"

That's great advice, really appreciate the time you have taken to respond to my post

» Add a new message to this topic