FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > No pics or friends only pics

No pics or friends only pics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he James gang OP   Couple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

I can't get my head round blank profiles or friends only pics. The whole point of fab is to browse profiles and pics to see if any interest you. Do you want to be noticed or not? Whatever your preferences are, I certainly wouldn't want to have a chat only to discover after a few messages you've been talking to worzel gummidge and aunt Sally. If you're embarrassed by your looks, body, age etc, you will be found out eventually? As well as must see face pics, after a message or two, we always have a short social to catch the age liars out and believe me, there's loads of them!

Any contradictory thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Might want to think about uploading a profile pic yourself OP before criticising others.

I've found that there are quite a number of people on fab who insist on seeing a picture and yet have none on their own profile.

Next!

"I can't get my head round blank profiles or friends only pics. The whole point of fab is to browse profiles and pics to see if any interest you. Do you want to be noticed or not? Whatever your preferences are, I certainly wouldn't want to have a chat only to discover after a few messages you've been talking to worzel gummidge and aunt Sally. If you're embarrassed by your looks, body, age etc, you will be found out eventually? As well as must see face pics, after a message or two, we always have a short social to catch the age liars out and believe me, there's loads of them!

Any contradictory thoughts?"

Are you for real with this complaint or are you trying to be confrontational!

You do not have any face pictures....so are we to take it you are both embarrassed by your looks!

From all that is on show in your pictures you could be worzel gummidge and aunt sally! Just smarter dressed....

Talk about hypocrisy.....

I agree, everyone with no public pics should be booted off the site.

Worzel

By *ave-and-LouiseCouple  over a year ago

Torquay

We don't have face pics, but plenty of others. I don't expect everyone to have face pics but the least they can do is put up a couple of body shots surely?

The one reason that comes to mind is an extra layer of security. Some people are very worried/cautious that they might get recognised from their public pictures, particularly those that work in the public eye in traditionally 'highly respected' jobs.. even with no face shots or distinguishable body marks, it's possible someone may recognise something in the background of a picture.

Personally we find it a bit much, and it does put us off someone unless a well written profile piques our interest.

Do agree though, that it is rather rude when you get ones with no pictures at all, demanding they "Must" see face pics in first message etc. However, there are a few of them and you learn to ignore them and move on.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Find silhouette profiles off putting sorry and definitely those with no public pics on their profile, what’s that all about? This would require somebody to send pics within their first couple of messages to spark any intrigue. Sorry but I have a wild imagination and without pics for me to see well you don’t want to see the pictures in my head

We don’t have face pics on our profile, however we have some friends only face pic. We share these once we are sure that somebody is serious about a meet.

By *riggler90Couple  over a year ago

Essex and Dublin

That isn't the point of using Fab for me. I use it to stay in touch with people I meet in clubs. Therefore they already know what I look like (unsure what Worzel rummage looks like-before my time)

Age wise, I couldn't care less. My lower age limit is more set in stone than my higher one.

People are free to use the site as they wish, how they go about their business doesn't affect anyone. All you have to do is stick with profiles that suit your way of doing things and not worry about those that don't

Well I for one think this is entirely unacceptable; Worzel Gummidge I get but dissing Aunt Sally, that is just so wrong, she's one hot piece of ass

A bit like yours then OP.

Hardly any text and 3 pics with a shadow as an avi

"That isn't the point of using Fab for me. I use it to stay in touch with people I meet in clubs. Therefore they already know what I look like (unsure what Worzel rummage looks like-before my time)

Age wise, I couldn't care less. My lower age limit is more set in stone than my higher one. "

From what i see om your profile pocs you look nothing like either Worzel Gummage or Aunt Sally. Sadly not before my time.

We find the lack of face pics in a message more of a red flag than on the profile.

What we find difficult are the friend requests from empty profiles. Its almost as if they are announcing they want wank bank material.

"A bit like yours then OP.

Hardly any text and 3 pics with a shadow as an avi "

NEWTOWNABBEY

"Might want to think about uploading a profile pic yourself OP before criticising others.

I've found that there are quite a number of people on fab who insist on seeing a picture and yet have none on their own profile.

Next!"

Unless you're looking at a different profile,we do have pics on profile, maybe not face pics but they're sent on request, if we feel we want to go further. I thought it was quite obvious by my opening line, No Pics on profile, what I was referring to. Before you read posts, make sure you go to spec savers! No where, do I mention having face pics showing on your public profile!

Too many face pics on public get alarm bells ringing for us, particularly when adding ‘ need to be discreet ‘ on their profile, not that discreet then!!

We like to see face pics early on to see if the attraction is there and we will always send ours, as we aren’t fans of blind dates

NEWTOWNABBEY

Hardly any text and 3 pics with a shadow as an avi "

Well, ours describes what we want, plain and simple. You got me, all the same, ours is somewhat like the I newspaper, short and precise, whereas you went the long winded, boring, war and peace or Gettysburg address version.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Well, ours describes what we want, plain and simple. You got me, all the same, ours is somewhat like the I newspaper, short and precise, whereas you went the long winded, boring, war and peace or Gettysburg address version."

And that highlights precisely the point that we all look for different things, all have different ways of "selling" ourselves, whether that be through posting pics and detailed text, or short and sweet with limited or no pics.

Why criticise or question others because they do it differently from you? If you find a profile that isn't to your liking, just skip it and move on to the next one that does appeal

Says the persons with a silhouette as a profile picture

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Oh don't worry Op -I can't get my head around Fab

NEWTOWNABBEY

"I can't get my head round blank profiles or friends only pics. The whole point of fab is to browse profiles and pics to see if any interest you. Do you want to be noticed or not? Whatever your preferences are, I certainly wouldn't want to have a chat only to discover after a few messages you've been talking to worzel gummidge and aunt Sally. If you're embarrassed by your looks, body, age etc, you will be found out eventually? As well as must see face pics, after a message or two, we always have a short social to catch the age liars out and believe me, there's loads of them!

Are you for real with this complaint or are you trying to be confrontational!

You do not have any face pictures....so are we to take it you are both embarrassed by your looks!

From all that is on show in your pictures you could be worzel gummidge and aunt sally! Just smarter dressed....

Talk about hypocrisy....."

Chill!!!!, Please point out in my original posting, the word FACE, sorry, can't hear you! Maybe a wee bit of English language studying wouldn't go amiss on your part. Step 1, see definition of 'hypocrisy'!

See the difference, I said 'NO' pics on profile!

someone up further said it perfectly, everyone is free to use the site there way, some people have reason for not wanting there pictures on view for everyone to see, our pics don't show our faces because we live in a part of Ireland where everyone knows everyone, herself has still been recognised quite a few times as her tattoos stand out but still all they see is body and not face

NEWTOWNABBEY

"Says the persons with a silhouette as a profile picture "

Didn't realize we had no a avatar, thanks for pointing that out!

By *hite1100Man  over a year ago

Hither Green

[Removed by poster at 14/11/18 13:44:35]

Hither Green

Agreed.

Surely profiles with no pics visible don’t get much attention (then again this is fab so no doubt they still get bombarded)?

I doubt there are any single males on here without pics.

On a related note another good reason for face pics on a profile is that it’s bloody awkward (and hurtful) to reject someone you’re already speaking to when they send their face pics.

NEWTOWNABBEY

Agreed.

Surely profiles with no pics visible don’t get much attention (then again this is fab so no doubt they still get bombarded)?

On a related note another good reason for face pics on a profile is that it’s bloody awkward (and hurtful) to reject someone you’re already speaking to when they send their face pics. "

The amount of picless profiles of alleged single males is enormous in N. Ireland (maybe because we're a small place). I have to agree with you all the same about rejecting someone after seeing their face is somewhat awkward but we're all adults and as Clint Eastwood would say, a man's gotta know his limitations.

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

None at all, I’m with you in all your thoughts! especially in the bit where people lie about their age... why?

By *woPlusMore69Couple  over a year ago

Birstall

I would be more worried about the no pictures no verifications and a member more than a year ! Pictures can be added or taken off anytime xx

I sometimes have my public pics on display and sometimes not. If I message somebody I am interested in I attach a face pic. If somebody messages me I decide how to respond and whether to send a pic. As I mostly play in the club / party scene this works for me fine. Fortunately we don't all have to play by others' rules.

We used to have face pics public but removed them when getting publicly recognised out loud by an idiot which could have easily cost us jobs home etc.

As long as face pics are available early on we don’t mind it’s more about the communication than anything for example when messaging about what your into all you get in return if your lucky is a short sentence of words of less than one syllable no return questions etc just to much hard work if they can’t converse in a basic manner by messenger it is hardly likely we will get on with meeting them so what they look like is irrelevant anyway

You don't have to understand them. If their profile doesn't have what you're looking for, they're easily avoided and you can filter them out easily too. People run their profiles in whatever way suits them.

Hither Green

You don't have to understand them. If their profile doesn't have what you're looking for, they're easily avoided and you can filter them out easily too. People run their profiles in whatever way suits them. "

To be fair the OP is asking why they do it, rather than judging them.

If it works for them great. There’s no way I would be engaging with a profile with no pics though...

You don't have to understand them. If their profile doesn't have what you're looking for, they're easily avoided and you can filter them out easily too. People run their profiles in whatever way suits them.

If it works for them great. There’s no way I would be engaging with a profile with no pics though... "

They may send private pics when they message?

Hither Green

If it works for them great. There’s no way I would be engaging with a profile with no pics though...

They may send private pics when they message?"

Touché.

Obviously I don’t get enough messages to have experienced that .

NEWTOWNABBEY

They may send private pics when they message?

Touché.

Obviously I don’t get enough messages to have experienced that . "

Fab is certainly not a place to judge anyone, we're all different and like different sexual acts. It's just an observation that no profile pics of any description, on over a year, no verifications must surely make it near impossible to get a meet! If you were buying a car would you respond to an advert which just says 'car for sale'.

By *n Search Of SunsetCouple  over a year ago

Search Of Sunset

We don't use fab to find meets anymore. They all come via clubs and party meets.

Even when we did have pics we could never arrange meets.

Fab is more a diary/contacts site for us now.

"...It's just an observation that no profile pics of any description, on over a year, no verifications must surely make it near impossible to get a meet! If you were buying a car would you respond to an advert which just says 'car for sale'."

No but it is rather likely in this instance they are not using the site to meet. Looking at hot pics, perving profiles, forum, chatroom - lots of other reasons to be on here.

Agreed.

On a related note another good reason for face pics on a profile is that it’s bloody awkward (and hurtful) to reject someone you’re already speaking to when they send their face pics. "

Loads of single male profiles hunny without pics. I delete and block daily.....

You’re welcome

"I agree, everyone with no public pics should be booted off the site.

Worzel"

I say, I say Aunt Sally, any tea and cake

By *ain n MableWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Just out of interest OP, do you think the photos you have on your profile will attract the people you are looking for? Do you think you will be noticed?

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

Agreed.

Maybe the profiles with no pics don’t want attention?

Well, ours describes what we want, plain and simple. You got me, all the same, ours is somewhat like the I newspaper, short and precise, whereas you went the long winded, boring, war and peace or Gettysburg address version."

34 people would beg to differ

we are all here for different reasons with differing jobs and requirements and differing privacy restrictions, some could be unattractive as you say and as you've said they have to show themselves at some point but those that don't have pics on show I imagine share them with people they are interested in

NEWTOWNABBEY

"Just out of interest OP, do you think the photos you have on your profile will attract the people you are looking for? Do you think you will be noticed?"

Will be adding a few more pics tomorrow, saying that, we're not short of applicants lol.

"People are free to use the site as they wish, how they go about their business doesn't affect anyone. All you have to do is stick with profiles that suit your way of doing things and not worry about those that don't"

"Just out of interest OP, do you think the photos you have on your profile will attract the people you are looking for? Do you think you will be noticed?

Will be adding a few more pics tomorrow, saying that, we're not short of applicants lol."

What they after do you think?

NEWTOWNABBEY

"Just out of interest OP, do you think the photos you have on your profile will attract the people you are looking for? Do you think you will be noticed?

Will be adding a few more pics tomorrow, saying that, we're not short of applicants lol.What they after do you think? "

A lot of guys say they're bi, only to play with female. When they find out they have to satisfy me first they suddenly become only orally bi and disappear!

Will be adding a few more pics tomorrow, saying that, we're not short of applicants lol.What they after do you think?

A lot of guys say they're bi, only to play with female. When they find out they have to satisfy me first they suddenly become only orally bi and disappear!"

ahhhh does your wife ever come on the profile?

By *hadowcookieCouple  over a year ago

Portlaoise

"Might want to think about uploading a profile pic yourself OP before criticising others.

Next!"

That's NOT what the op meant..she means profile with NO pics whatsoever who perve yours and give nothing back... I def ain't putting up face pics for anyone to see but they can view my tits and ass all they like!!!!

"Well I for one think this is entirely unacceptable; Worzel Gummidge I get but dissing Aunt Sally, that is just so wrong, she's one hot piece of ass "
Damn right cute Una

NEWTOWNABBEY

Next!

That's NOT what the op meant..she means profile with NO pics whatsoever who perve yours and give nothing back... I def ain't putting up face pics for anyone to see but they can view my tits and ass all they like!!!! "

Thank you, too many fabbers can't seem to see the point I was making. No where, did I mention anything about face pics! I've already mentioned some people need to learn to read or go to spec savers, I'm adding vision express and boots, just in case you're not near a Specsavers. I think the term fxxk wits is quite appropriate.

Portlaoise

[Removed by poster at 15/11/18 15:59:17]

Portlaoise

Was gonna say f**kwits too.. Lol.. But I completely agree with you.. And some of them have the cheek to ask for MORE pics...

Op I agree especially when in their blurb they insist on a face pic but have no pics at all just a brief description and at the bottom in likes they put will fill in later

By *rkeb3Man  over a year ago

east Lancashire road

actually blank or freinds only is better than what u have on just saying lol

Sorry meant interests lol

NEWTOWNABBEY

Will be adding a few more pics tomorrow, saying that, we're not short of applicants lol.What they after do you think?

A lot of guys say they're bi, only to play with female. When they find out they have to satisfy me first they suddenly become only orally bi and disappear!ahhhh does your wife ever come on the profile? "

Wife does all the corresponding.

NEWTOWNABBEY

"actually blank or freinds only is better than what u have on just saying lol"

You're a beaut! No pics to see on yours and you complain about our three! Just saying! Many people complain about too many cock pics but then they have 50 pics of their muchachas, overkill comes to mind! Sometimes less is more but none, you having a laugh!

I think my bum profile pic is a winner

» Add a new message to this topic