FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Anxious Fun

Anxious Fun

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wondering how members manage to meet others on Fab, particulary when they are of a nervous disposition?

I have ptsd and anxiety, and I find it almost impossible to be relaxed enough to meet others.

And it isn’t all about sex for me, more about a connection and overcoming nervous emotions.

Just wondering how others might manage their fears?

thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I have suffered from anxiety since childhood. I tend to ensure the person I am meeting understands that I will need some time to wind down and relax. Usually 30 minutes and a cup of tea helps. Some sexy talk during that time or even just chit chat is good to.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just meeting for a cuppa first helped me. Then if there is chemistry go from there. Its ok to be nervous and im sure if you explain that to the person your meeting they will understand luv. Meeting in somewhere public but quiet can help too x

Luton

I do advise a, social meeting first. I sometimes use a pub a short walk from home as the walk itself calms me and i know the pub well, so no anxiety about a new pub/restaurant/home.

Take time to chat over tea/coffee or a, small number of alcoholic drinks and next time you meet (for fun) half the anxiety is gone.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for the responses.

If do agree that meeting socialy makes an awful lot of sense, I think I could only manage to go for a walk perhaps with someone first.

Part of my problem stems from thinking why would anyone bother with me, when they could choose from a partner with less insecurities. I really need to work on my self esteem!

Luton

I look back at myself 22 years ago when leaving the house was indeed a major adventure, sonetimes I'd spend hours watching the bus go by to be sure it was operating to the timetable before venturing 150 yards to the bus stop, thence into town.

Today I'm proud to say I've lived in the USA, travelled to 8 European countries, participated in more orgies than i can ever remember, and organise/host 24 polyamory socials in London every year. I still have my struggles and prefer self checkout to dealing with humans but i function pretty well. We all have our insecurities and the crucial thing is.... They do not define us. You are more than your insecurities.

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Arrive for your date with a jackhammer and then pretend that you've forgotten how to switch it off -the noise and vibration should hopefully work as a bit of a distraction -though the landlord at your local winebar might be a tad concerned by potential damage to the floor.

» Add a new message to this topic